Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 642 posts
  • 109 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by paynemic
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How much are you liking BOBF? Scale is 1-Garbage to 10-Perfection”

• 1: Worst thing ever created 2 votes
      1%
    • 2: Jar Jar 6 votes
      4%
    • 3: Poor 14 votes
      9%
    • 4: DESW 1 vote
      1%
    • 5: Meh 25 votes
      17%
    • 6: Better than Meh 25 votes
      17%
    • 7: Good 42 votes
      28%
    • 8: Grogu 15 votes
      10%
    • 9: Ashoka Tano 12 votes
      8%
    • 10: Perfection 9 votes
      6%

(151 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E742DA8D-569C-4AA1-B938-020931548460 (resized).jpeg
    2022-02-25_14-29-19 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    larry_david (resized).jpg
    3fbd63ebd54e507d (resized).jpg
    22BA15BD-5E1E-40E0-A39C-11BB74ADCB56 (resized).jpeg
    B-arthur-ROTJ (resized).jpg
    KK-hut (resized).png
    hulk-smash (resized).jpg
    Boba and Mando.gif
    The-Book-of-Boba-Fett_poster (resized).jpg
    20220209_142113 (resized).jpg
    20220209_142158 (resized).jpg
    F6C6A748-EE7B-443E-93C4-AC296D353495 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Indypin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#126 2 years ago

I agree on all of the above posts. LOL

I'm still liking Boba, but I'm a HUGE SW fan and I'm easy to please. However.....(Spoilers)

Boba needs to be more bad ass. I understand he's trying to be a fair leader, but it just seems like everyone walks over him and if it wasn't for Fennac Shand he would be baking them pies in trying to be a good neighbor. I loved the idea of the Hutts giving Boba the Rancor as the gift. I can see Boba riding the Rancor in a battle scene coming up, possibly against the Pikes. Jabba's palace needs the Rancor to make it more intimidating. The tricycle chase scene just moved too slow for me and it just looked ridiculous. Those freedom fighters seem out of place and they need to be more darker and intimidating. They would look more comfortable in Lost in Space with Will Robinson and Dr. Smith than as a vigilante group in Star Wars. The fight scenes in Episodes 1 and 3 just seem to fake to me (as mentioned above in a perfect description). You know the big wookie is going to come back and assist Boba, since they use to work together as a bounty hunting team in the comics lore. Being a SW figure collector, I know Disney made the colored scooters so they can put them out later as a figure set and all they have to do is build the same scooter and give it a different color and collectors will still buy them regardless of it being the same mold. Kinda like what they do with the clone and storm troopers. Same figure, just painted differently while teasing the collectors to "buy them all".

The flashback episodes was nice and I was hoping to see him go after the clan who slaughtered the sand people. The only bad thing about the flashback scenes is it takes out the advancement of the story about what Boba is doing in the present time. I don't mind them showing how Boba got to where he is, but when we only get a half hour show, it just seems the time is limited in trying to portray (2) parts of his life.

AND WHERE IN THE HELL IS THE SLAVE ONE?

#160 2 years ago
    Quoted from JStoltz:

I honestly don’t have a problem with the acting in the show (seems appropriate for the characters imo) but I have to agree that the technicolor space Vespa “chase” scene should have been used for the next Spy Kids movie instead.
    What REALLY bugged me was all the unnecessary “formations” the Vespas kept taking, and the unnecessary maneuvers through the streets. And of course the forced shots of the “bikers” using their unique little “powerups” as if they’re Power Rangers or something.
    Also, at the end of the “chase” Boba just drops out of the sky from his Jetpack next to the speeder? If he can do that, why not just cut out the lame chase sequence entirely?
    Seriously just look at this nonsense. Who approved it?!
    [quoted image]

This picture literally made me puke. However, Mudflaps saying Boba looked like he was standing in line at the DMV made me LOL. Nailed it!

1 week later
    #273 2 years ago

I loved the last episode as well. Awesome Mando action throughout. However..........Just one thing irked me.

I don't like the idea of Mando's new ship. He's a bounty hunter for Heaven's sake, so how is he going to put those frozen carbonite chambers of his captives in that tiny ship?? Okay, maybe if he just brings the heads I get it, but dangit I miss my Razorcrest!

#311 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jackalwere:

No droid...plenty of room in the back seat lol

You’re right fellas. Perfect place for Grogu to be a back seat driver. How in the heck did I miss that???

Still, like one Pinside brought up, still would want a big reveal during Mando with him possibly trading his new ship in for a new and improved Razorcrest.

#344 2 years ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

Yeah, this was an amazing episode. I am a big time Star Wars apologist. Heck, I defended episode one back in the day! But some of these bobf episodes have been really mediocre. Literally every Star Wars fan I talk to regularly agrees. That doesn’t make it so, but there’s a lot of consensus around that. It’s hard to argue against the idea that this was the best episode yet. And it says a lot that there was literally no Boba Fett in it. I hate to say it, but a big part of the failings is Temura Morrison in my opinion. He’s not terrible, but he’s had some poor acting moments.
    But this episode was a game changer! The callbacks were amazing! That cute little BD droid was from a great video game called Jedi: Fallen Order. Having a callback from a video game in the universe is pretty well thought out!
    Ooh. Another callback was the big pole thingy they added to the ship. Looked exactly like the big pile Han and Leía used to try to stop the trash compactor walls from closing in! There were a lot of them. I need a rewatch.

Get on YouTube and watch the channel called Screencrush. He really deep dives into the show and points out all of the Easter eggs and it serves as a great compliment to the show. His shows are not too long, but I really look forward to them because of his insight and makes you want to watch the episode again. He does other pop culture stuff as well, such as the superhero shows. There are others, but I like his the best.

1 week later
    #526 2 years ago

My turn! Just some random thoughts.

The whole episode just didn't feel like SW to me, especially during those spider droids mechs attacking the city. Those girls make their way up to a high point just to shoot downwards on the droid's shields. Did they think their blasters would penetrate the shields better from the top? (Facepalm) I really HATE those characters anyway and they seem like something from the Battlestar Galactica or Buck Rogers TV series. That cast of characters can hop on those Disney Park Ride scooters and ride off into the sunset as far as I'm concerned.

Fakey action again, but typical SW stuff. I mean, all of those town folks running thru the open streets and those spider droids couldn't hit the back end of a barn. The rancor scenes were cool, but I thought it would have been EXTRA cool if Luke showed up in the x-wing bringing Grogu back to Mando, blasting the crap out of those things after the junk shop lady told him where he could find Mando. What an entrance! Luke could have showed up and explained to Mando how Grogu would have been better off with him, but I guess they already had a big "Luke saving the day" entrance and wanted to try something different.

(1) pinsider already brought this up, but it was such a good point I have to mention it again. LOL It made much better sense Boba taking his stand at his palace than in the center of the town. He had so many "toys" at his place (Slave 1, Rancor) and I think he realized that, which caused him to go back and get his pet Rancor. Didn't make sense the town folks were shooting at the Rancor after he destroyed those spider droids too. Some thanks for saving their sorry butts, huh?

It's funny because I still liked the series, just didn't hit it for me like Mando did. I miss those days of anxiously waiting to get home from work so I can watch the new SW TV series such as Mando, Bad Batch, Clone Wars, etc. I'm anxiously waiting for the others ones to come as well. I'm an action figure collector, and the only ones I would buy from the show would be Boba and Fennac Shand. That hurts Disney, because we all know they depend on the characters to resonate well with the fans enough to buy the figures. Cad Bane was awesome and trust me, he's not dead. That's Filoni's bad boy and he'll be back.

That being said, I'm SUPER stoked I got an email from Hasbro Pulse stating they just shipped the Razorcrest ship to me. I had this baby pre-ordered for almost a year and a half and I can't wait to see it again. One of my favorite ships and Disney blows it up. WTF!!

#527 2 years ago
    Quoted from Indypin:

My turn! Just some random thoughts.
    The whole episode just didn't feel like SW to me, especially during those spider droids mechs attacking the city. Those girls make their way up to a high point just to shoot downwards on the droid's shields. Did they think their blasters would penetrate the shields better from the top? (Facepalm) I really HATE those characters anyway and they seem like something from the Battlestar Galactica or Buck Rogers TV series. That cast of characters can hop on those Disney Park Ride scooters and ride off into the sunset as far as I'm concerned.
    Fakey action again, but typical SW stuff. I mean, all of those town folks running thru the open streets and those spider droids couldn't hit the back end of a barn. The rancor scenes were cool, but I thought it would have been EXTRA cool if Luke showed up in the x-wing bringing Grogu back to Mando, blasting the crap out of those things after the junk shop lady told him where he could find Mando. What an entrance! Luke could have showed up and explained to Mando how Grogu would have been better off with him, but I guess they already had a big "Luke saving the day" entrance and wanted to try something different.
    (1) pinsider already brought this up, but it was such a good point I have to mention it again. LOL It made much better sense Boba taking his stand at his palace than in the center of the town. He had so many "toys" at his place (Slave 1, Rancor) and I think he realized that, which caused him to go back and get his pet Rancor. Didn't make sense the town folks were shooting at the Rancor after he destroyed those spider droids too. Some thanks for saving their sorry butts, huh?
    It's funny because I still liked the series, just didn't hit it for me like Mando did. I miss those days of anxiously waiting to get home from work so I can watch the new SW TV series such as Mando, Bad Batch, Clone Wars, etc. I'm anxiously waiting for the others ones to come as well. I'm an action figure collector, and the only ones I would buy from the show would be Boba and Fennac Shand. That hurts Disney, because we all know they depend on the characters to resonate well with the fans enough to buy the figures. Cad Bane was awesome and trust me, he's not dead. That's Filoni's bad boy and he'll be back.
    That being said, I'm SUPER stoked I got an email from Hasbro Pulse stating they just shipped the Razorcrest ship to me. I had this baby pre-ordered for almost a year and a half and I can't wait to see it again. One of my favorite ships and Disney blows it up. WTF!!

One last thing.

The scene that I thought was extra stupid was the scene where the Rancor tries to eat Mando. He puts Mando in his mouth up to the helmet and bites it, realizing it's made of Beskar and he can't bite thru it. Okay....hold on! The other scene of him eating a Pike fighter shows him putting the character's body half way in his mouth before chomping down. Was that scene really necessary??

#572 2 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I'll throw this out there too...
    There's some chatter that you could hear a beeping sound on the final shot of Cad Bane laying on the ground. This could be a beacon sound that his droid & starship were en route to rescue him. So perhaps he's not dead after all? While I like the thought, this probably is wishful thinking.
    Instead I'm willing to bet that we'll see a Cad Bane spinoff series within 3 years, because the main thing people will remember about this series is the live-action debut of Cad Bane, and the impressive deepfake tech of Luke. Fans will be dressing up at conventions, clamoring over time, wanting more of Cad Bane. We've never seen a Star wars character totally command his limited screen time since....well, Boba Fett.
    And why not finally do the featured dark scum & villainy series that the fans really want? Just make it an underworld prequel show (or even a standalone movie) featuring Cad Bane & his cast of Bounty Hunter rivals & fan favorites.
    What I'd REALLY love to see is the tale of Boba delivering Han Solo in carbonite from Cloud City to Jabba's Palace. How all great Bounty Hunters were on his ass trying to collect the greatest bounty in history. Cad Bane, Dengar, Bossk, IG-88 etc etc all on a chase through the Outer Rim & underworld, outmaneuvering one another to nab Jabba's biggest bounty. You could even cast a thin actor to play Boba with a Morrison voiceover to match the period. Helmet stays ON, Boba cold-blooded, disintegrating, etc etc. Fix the wrongs of the Book of Boba. No Jedi, no kiddie shit, straight up scum badassery.
    Now that's a show IMO.

Don’t know if you’re into comics or not Hoaky, but the recent War of the Bounty Hunters storyline with Marvel Comics runs a story exactly like what you described as Boba’s adventure of taking the frozen Solo to Jabba while being pursued by the other bounty hunters. The premiere issue, drawn by Steve McNiven, is awesome and needs to be in any serious SW Collector’s library. The story arc continues thru the other Marvel SW books, but IMO it drags out too much and could have probably been told in 3-4 issues. Besides the first issue I told you about, I think the rest of the art could have been better. It’s like Marvel hooked you with the premiere issue’s art and then let anyone draw the rest of the story. There’s even a couple of ties to the Crimson Dawn syndicate thrown in there for good measure, along with the Hutts.

#587 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

I'm guessing it has been posted, but did everyone see past the art clips and catch the last scene with the sheriff in the healing tank.

Yep. He's too big of a character being portrayed by a wonderful actor to have him killed off like that.

Most, in not all, of the Marvel movies always have an end credit scene in their movies as well.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Indypin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/book-of-boba-fett-thoughts?tu=Indypin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.