Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 642 posts
  • 109 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by paynemic
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How much are you liking BOBF? Scale is 1-Garbage to 10-Perfection”

• 1: Worst thing ever created 2 votes
      1%
    • 2: Jar Jar 6 votes
      4%
    • 3: Poor 14 votes
      9%
    • 4: DESW 1 vote
      1%
    • 5: Meh 25 votes
      17%
    • 6: Better than Meh 25 votes
      17%
    • 7: Good 42 votes
      28%
    • 8: Grogu 15 votes
      10%
    • 9: Ashoka Tano 12 votes
      8%
    • 10: Perfection 9 votes
      6%

(151 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E742DA8D-569C-4AA1-B938-020931548460 (resized).jpeg
    2022-02-25_14-29-19 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    larry_david (resized).jpg
    3fbd63ebd54e507d (resized).jpg
    22BA15BD-5E1E-40E0-A39C-11BB74ADCB56 (resized).jpeg
    B-arthur-ROTJ (resized).jpg
    KK-hut (resized).png
    hulk-smash (resized).jpg
    Boba and Mando.gif
    The-Book-of-Boba-Fett_poster (resized).jpg
    20220209_142113 (resized).jpg
    20220209_142158 (resized).jpg
    F6C6A748-EE7B-443E-93C4-AC296D353495 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Elicash.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#210 2 years ago

I guess the word Slave is now offensive I saw that they changed the ship name too. Weird times.

#226 2 years ago
    Quoted from Slash:

Yeah that was one of the most pathetic woke things for them to do.
    There was nothing wrong with the name. I believe Jango Fett stole the damn ship from a prison moon where it was one of the attack craft used to guard it. In that context the name makes perfect sense.
    It will only ever be Slave 1 to me! But if you look at my profile pics, I am a little biased when it comes to Fett.

To me the strangest part is - its not even a character named "slave". Hell, its not even a droid being called Slave. Its a damn SPACE SHIP being called Slave. Are other aircraft in the real world now offended by this term? Are people at Boeing or NASA offended by the use? Totally bizarre.

2 weeks later
    #399 2 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

It kind of feels like Mando ate Boba's lunch.
    With the Mando character so established, you can't create a second show with another version of Mando.
    I suppose the only alternative would have been to have given Boba Fett Mando's story line from the start. But that ship has sailed.
    Having said that, in light of that challenge, I'm ok with Boba being a changed man. I wouldn't want a second Mando show.

100% this from Frolic (one page back).

I think they made a miscalculation on people's interest in Boba Fett. Especially AFTER the Mando series was so successful and exciting. Want to see Boba's cool weapons? We already saw that in Mando. Want to learn more about Bounty Hunters and explore some of the scummier side of the Galaxy? Already in Mando.

I think maybe this series would have worked better if released farther in the future - maybe after the first season of Asoka or Obi Wan. But these characters are just a little too close to Mando, and inferior. Mando was really a great series.

I would also add that - maybe Boba Fett is just a more interesting character when he is on the edge of the frame and is shrouded in mystery. That is what always made him so cool. Like he was great in Mando as a tertiary character who popped up late in season 2. Often times we dont need to know the full on backstory of every Star Wars character. (The Solo movie for example).

1 week later
    #543 2 years ago

It was a fun finale. Flawed for sure but entertaining. Agree on the mods and their bikes have to be the most jarring miss in Star Wars in a long time.

But I enjoyed the action, Rancor, mando and grogu returns, etc.

I also think we only needed one season of BoBF. Kinda hoping they don’t do a season 2. But his character arch now seems done, right?

Other stray observation: can we retire the bacta tank? Way over used in this series. Even in the post credits!

#561 2 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

On 25 May I'll be watching the new Obi-Wan series with my family.
    https://collider.com/obi-wan-kenobi-release-date-disney-plus/
    The Bobba Fett series did a good job of being interesting and appealing to my entire family. I would have like it a bit darker but after all this is Disney. Of the live action series I would rate it in order: Mando Season 2, Mando Season 1, Book Of Bobba Fett.
    Actually, let's start a fight. From best to worst:
    1. The Empire Strikes Back
    2. A New Hope
    3. Rogue One
    4. Return of the Jedi
    5. The Mandolorian (TV Series)
    6. Revenge of the Sith
    7. Book of Bobba Fett (TV Series)
    8. Attack of the Clones
    9. A Solo Story
    10. Bad Batch (TV Series)
    11. Clone Wars (TV Series)
    12. The Phantom Menace
    13. The Force Awakens
    14. Clone Wars, The Movie
    15. Visions (TV Series)
    16.Star Wars Holiday Special (TV Special)
    17. The Rise Of Skywalker
    18. The Last Jedi
    Not ranked because I haven't seen them: Droids, Ewoks, Clone Wars (old version), Rebels, Resistance, The Ewok Adventure, Ewoks: The Battle for Endor. I would assume they would all rank somewhere above Rise of Skywalker/Last Jedi
    There has been some great Star Wars content recently. There has been some pretty bad stuff, but some great stuff too.

I think your ranking is pretty damn close. In fact I dont think I would change it!

1 week later
    #615 2 years ago

For me, BoBF was not total garbage. But it’s failure had more to do with the success of Mando seasons 1 and 2. We just didn’t need another series like this after Mando.

Boba Fett was always going to be limited by his brief backstory in the prequels and original trilogy. The miscalculation they made was that he is actually more interesting as a side character, mysterious, occupying the edges of the storyline.

He’s not a main character. It’s interesting that George Lucas embraced this.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Elicash.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/book-of-boba-fett-thoughts?tu=Elicash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.