Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 642 posts
  • 109 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by paynemic
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How much are you liking BOBF? Scale is 1-Garbage to 10-Perfection”

• 1: Worst thing ever created 2 votes
      1%
    • 2: Jar Jar 6 votes
      4%
    • 3: Poor 14 votes
      9%
    • 4: DESW 1 vote
      1%
    • 5: Meh 25 votes
      17%
    • 6: Better than Meh 25 votes
      17%
    • 7: Good 42 votes
      28%
    • 8: Grogu 15 votes
      10%
    • 9: Ashoka Tano 12 votes
      8%
    • 10: Perfection 9 votes
      6%

(151 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E742DA8D-569C-4AA1-B938-020931548460 (resized).jpeg
    2022-02-25_14-29-19 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    larry_david (resized).jpg
    3fbd63ebd54e507d (resized).jpg
    22BA15BD-5E1E-40E0-A39C-11BB74ADCB56 (resized).jpeg
    B-arthur-ROTJ (resized).jpg
    KK-hut (resized).png
    hulk-smash (resized).jpg
    Boba and Mando.gif
    The-Book-of-Boba-Fett_poster (resized).jpg
    20220209_142113 (resized).jpg
    20220209_142158 (resized).jpg
    F6C6A748-EE7B-443E-93C4-AC296D353495 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DaWezl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#56 2 years ago
    Quoted from roffels:

Feels like I just watched a mashup of Lawrence of Arabia/Dances with Wolves/Star Wars

Don’t forget a heaping helping of Mad Max: Fury Road

I generally love Star Wars but this series is not for me. I’m more hate watching it than watching it bc I like it.

1 week later
    #158 2 years ago
    Quoted from DeeGor:

I really like what Jon Favreau did with Mando. It made me like Star Wars again, but I'm not so sure with this Boba Fett series. I'm hoping it gets better, but right now Boba seems more like Ted Lasso than a ruthless bounty hunter.

Mando expanded the universe and minus a few connections to the original films, stuck to new people, new places, new political alliances. BoBF, if anything has made the world seem more claustrophobic. We’re more stuck on Tattooine than even Luke was, and all the new players are either right out of 80’s cop action shows or the show is hitting us over the head with the connections to RoTJ. Look! A rancor and it’s handler! Look! Tusken Raiders! Look! If you like Jabba, here are TWO hutts!

Even that I could forgive if the action scenes were kick ass, but forcing a character’s vehicle to crash into a vegetable stand and then have them sitting forlornly trapped by the produce? Why not just go full Scooby-Doo at that point and have him complain to Boba “I would’ve got away with it too, if it weren’t for these meddling kids!”

1 week later
    #266 2 years ago
    Quoted from Charles_Kline:

Episode 5 proved that the worst thing about The Book of Boba Fett is in fact, Boba Fett.

I haven’t caught up with Ep 5 yet, but in general the one consistent complaint I have with the SW universe is when they shrink it. I’ve never had an experience like the feeling I had sitting in the theater in 1977 with no clue what I was about to see and then being just dropped in the middle of this entire wide universe with so much going on. Sure, there’s some stuff that as an adult makes me facepalm, but we went from Tattooine to Hoth to Dagobah to Cloud City to Endor, and even when we revisited Tattooine, we were in a different place with different challenges.

When the prequels came, sure Jar Jar was a facepalmer, but we had Naboo and Coruscant, and it wasn’t until we were right back on Tattooine that it fell apart for me. Like the whole point of Luke growing up there was that it was this complete backwater dump no one paid attention to. But now it was retconned as the place Anikin grew up, so we suddenly were having a very similar experience. “Gee let’s hide this baby off on the family farm!” is not a very clever plan.

Rogue 1 treaded familiar ground with a fresh look and new people, and was one of my favorite SW films ever. Solo was such a mess of trying to explain the bloated history of every little thing we ever liked about SW that I couldn’t even get through it. Mando took me all over the universe to all sorts of new worlds or at least new corners of familiar planets, and even when Boba or baby Yoda showed up, it felt different. The season 2 finale is one of the most thrilling SW moments I’ve ever seen. BoBF has been going down the Solo route of trying to tell me more than I ever cared to know about Jabba’s palace, Mos Eisley, Rancors or those green guard guys.

I’m watching it bc the menfolk in the house want to keep up with the SWU, and bc we’re running low on shows to watch (Not enough Peacemaker yet!!!). But it’s been a slog, not something I look forward to. I’m hoping they can run out of old stuff to over-explain and just get into some new world building sooner rather than later.

2 weeks later
    #550 2 years ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

Stupid question? Why don't they keep one director for the entire project/series???

Because series are stacked so tightly to minimize shooting and production costs, they need different directors managing each episode. One director would need more time overall to switch between episodes for what a director manages on a show.

#554 2 years ago
    Quoted from Friengineer:

Boba Fett as a show struggled with consistency in it's writing. Boba really didn't have a defined character arc. It would have made more sense for him to be weak after escaping the sarlac pit. He could have been really timid and wanted to change his ways of shooting people. Then over the series he changes back into a badass.

This comment made me think about how “Way of the Househusband” took a badass character, made him have a change of heart, and then dug into the repercussions of that shift throughout the season. Not suggesting that Boba should shift THAT much or that the show should try to be a comedy. Just agreeing that what was missing from BoBF was a clear motivation for his actions that act as a shorthand for setting up conflicts through the series. You realize within the first episode of Mando that he’s crossing everyone to protect this child and that conflict continues to drive the story even here. With Boba it’s either a revenge plot against the Pikes or seizing power in the absence of Jabba, but then his apparent changes of heart don’t reconcile well with either of those motives.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DaWezl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/book-of-boba-fett-thoughts?tu=DaWezl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.