Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 642 posts
  • 109 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by paynemic
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How much are you liking BOBF? Scale is 1-Garbage to 10-Perfection”

• 1: Worst thing ever created 2 votes
      1%
    • 2: Jar Jar 6 votes
      4%
    • 3: Poor 14 votes
      9%
    • 4: DESW 1 vote
      1%
    • 5: Meh 25 votes
      17%
    • 6: Better than Meh 25 votes
      17%
    • 7: Good 42 votes
      28%
    • 8: Grogu 15 votes
      10%
    • 9: Ashoka Tano 12 votes
      8%
    • 10: Perfection 9 votes
      6%

(151 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E742DA8D-569C-4AA1-B938-020931548460 (resized).jpeg
    2022-02-25_14-29-19 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    larry_david (resized).jpg
    3fbd63ebd54e507d (resized).jpg
    22BA15BD-5E1E-40E0-A39C-11BB74ADCB56 (resized).jpeg
    B-arthur-ROTJ (resized).jpg
    KK-hut (resized).png
    hulk-smash (resized).jpg
    Boba and Mando.gif
    The-Book-of-Boba-Fett_poster (resized).jpg
    20220209_142113 (resized).jpg
    20220209_142158 (resized).jpg
    F6C6A748-EE7B-443E-93C4-AC296D353495 (resized).jpeg

There are 642 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 13.
    #251 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinball2020:

No different than Goth or night owl people in California who only go out at night EXCEPT, she really needs to put on some sun screen,
    since almost everyone else on the planet covers themselves up completely like a mummy if they aren't reptiles to avoid sunburn.

She has cloaking sun screen device surrounding her carny scooter!

#252 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

[quoted image]

Maybe she just moved there from Iceland.

#253 2 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Maybe she just moved there from Iceland.

This hooligan probably ran into trouble with the law on Hoth. Believe her parents are separated and her mother sent her to tatooine to live with her father. Sad situation really. I’m sure her parents tried to work it out but when one loves the snow while the other loves the sand what can you do?

#254 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rezdog:

This hooligan probably ran into trouble with the law on Hoth. Believe her parents are separated and her mother sent her to tatooine to live with her father. Sad situation really. I’m sure her parents tried to work it out but when one loves the snow while the other loves the sand what can you do?

Are you saying her dad is one of the sand people?

Waka Waka Waka

#255 2 years ago

or is her father ( Dramatic pause ) the MANDALORIAN?

#256 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rezdog:

or is her father ( Dramatic pause ) the MANDALORIAN?

Maybe boba Fett would be more pale if he actually left his helmet on...

#257 2 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Maybe boba Fett would be more pale if he actually left his helmet on...

Don't most Mandalorian helmets look like they are pails anyway?

#258 2 years ago

Interesting setup last episode, clearly the money not spent on the prior episode was spent on this one.

#259 2 years ago
    252802A1-F38A-48B3-B890-8C07B0E52648 (resized).jpeg252802A1-F38A-48B3-B890-8C07B0E52648 (resized).jpeg
    #260 2 years ago
    Quoted from freddy:

[quoted image]

Whoa!! Mashup!

#261 2 years ago

Episode 5 was great, really enjoyed it! Bryce Dallas Howard delivered again. I think it was a mistake to have Robert Rodriguez be showrunner for Boba. There is a significant quality bump in the episodes he is not directing.

#262 2 years ago

Ep 5 was fun.

Quoted from pch3727:

There is a significant quality bump in the episodes he is not directing.

The story beats were well placed, and just about every scene was interesting, fun, or engaging in some way. The episode was tight and no time felt wasted.

More like this one, please.

#263 2 years ago

The BTTF Delorean had a flux capacitor and the new ship of Mandalorian has a thrust capacitor. That and having Peli Motto describe the Mando ship as an old design and off the grid nicely coincides with my pre-Stern IC Mando LE being off the grid. Great episode #5 was. Directed by Bryce Dallas Howard. Excellent job all around on this one.

#264 2 years ago

Episode 5 was an awesome episode of .... The Manadalorian

I think it's too early to introduce a character as strong and well established as Mando especially in a show where the main character lacks strength and presence, it juat reminded me how Boba isn't there yet where I'm a big fan of Mando.

But kudos for the budget on this episode they definitely went all out, double kudos for the x wing police patrol with bored cops, that hit the mark.

#265 2 years ago

Episode 5 proved that the worst thing about The Book of Boba Fett is in fact, Boba Fett.

#266 2 years ago
    Quoted from Charles_Kline:

Episode 5 proved that the worst thing about The Book of Boba Fett is in fact, Boba Fett.

I haven’t caught up with Ep 5 yet, but in general the one consistent complaint I have with the SW universe is when they shrink it. I’ve never had an experience like the feeling I had sitting in the theater in 1977 with no clue what I was about to see and then being just dropped in the middle of this entire wide universe with so much going on. Sure, there’s some stuff that as an adult makes me facepalm, but we went from Tattooine to Hoth to Dagobah to Cloud City to Endor, and even when we revisited Tattooine, we were in a different place with different challenges.

When the prequels came, sure Jar Jar was a facepalmer, but we had Naboo and Coruscant, and it wasn’t until we were right back on Tattooine that it fell apart for me. Like the whole point of Luke growing up there was that it was this complete backwater dump no one paid attention to. But now it was retconned as the place Anikin grew up, so we suddenly were having a very similar experience. “Gee let’s hide this baby off on the family farm!” is not a very clever plan.

Rogue 1 treaded familiar ground with a fresh look and new people, and was one of my favorite SW films ever. Solo was such a mess of trying to explain the bloated history of every little thing we ever liked about SW that I couldn’t even get through it. Mando took me all over the universe to all sorts of new worlds or at least new corners of familiar planets, and even when Boba or baby Yoda showed up, it felt different. The season 2 finale is one of the most thrilling SW moments I’ve ever seen. BoBF has been going down the Solo route of trying to tell me more than I ever cared to know about Jabba’s palace, Mos Eisley, Rancors or those green guard guys.

I’m watching it bc the menfolk in the house want to keep up with the SWU, and bc we’re running low on shows to watch (Not enough Peacemaker yet!!!). But it’s been a slog, not something I look forward to. I’m hoping they can run out of old stuff to over-explain and just get into some new world building sooner rather than later.

#267 2 years ago

What can I say but that episode 5 was completely EPIC! Mando is back and this series is getting super juicy with goodness. My wife and I are totally geeking out and we must of smiled at each other 100 times during the episode. I was so pumped I was literally clapping at the end of the episode. Also liked how the directors are intertwining the two stories-well done.

So excited for future episodes and have to say Book of Boba Fett is the shit. I also really enjoyed watching the 'Under the Helmet' special documentary(if you have not watched it-really enjoyable). Funny because it does talk about how people have projected their own opinion on what Boba should or should not be with just a few lines and a few minutes in films. Boba Fett is whatever your mind thinks he is-I think he is super bad ass.

applause..gifapplause..gif

#268 2 years ago

Great episode, easily the best one so far!!! I really enjoyed it.

Loved to see a hard, ruthless Mandalorian in action. Mando is everything Boba should be and used to be, but isn’t anymore!

A well written episode and it definitely felt like there was a bigger budget for it too.

#269 2 years ago
    Quoted from Slash:

Loved to see a hard, ruthless Mandalorian in action

the-mandalorian-mandalorian.gifthe-mandalorian-mandalorian.gif
    #270 2 years ago

Whats the gift for Grogu?

I say a chain linked protective suit?

#271 2 years ago

That opening scene where he goes to town on those guys with the Dark Sabre was awesome!!!

Also we finally got an episode where Boba didn’t take his helmet off.

#272 2 years ago

I don't think I have been this excited for anticipation of future episodes since GOT.

Boba is rounding up some serious muscle and the future battle scenes have me salivating at the mouth-Lovin it!

Lovin it (resized).jpgLovin it (resized).jpg
    #273 2 years ago

I loved the last episode as well. Awesome Mando action throughout. However..........Just one thing irked me.

I don't like the idea of Mando's new ship. He's a bounty hunter for Heaven's sake, so how is he going to put those frozen carbonite chambers of his captives in that tiny ship?? Okay, maybe if he just brings the heads I get it, but dangit I miss my Razorcrest!

#274 2 years ago
    Quoted from Indypin:

I loved the last episode as well. Awesome Mando action throughout. However..........Just one thing irked me.
    I don't like the idea of Mando's new ship. He's a bounty hunter for Heaven's sake, so how is he going to put those frozen carbonite chambers of his captives in that tiny ship?? Okay, maybe if he just brings the heads I get it, but dangit I miss my Razorcrest!

I think one will pop up in the future, just like you know baby Yoda is going to be in that driod socket soon.

Telegraphed that a mile away.

#275 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

I was thinking it may be something related to his Mudhorn signet, signifying that Grogu is part of Mando’s “lineage.” Something sentimental rather than practical.

#276 2 years ago

I think a lot of people might re-rate the show after EP5. It was a good one I think.

#277 2 years ago

Did everyone enjoy episode 1 season 3 of Mando I loved the meat locker scene!!

#278 2 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

I think a lot of people might re-rate the show after EP5

Yes-some people need to go back to poll and re-vote-kinda pre-mature to vote a series after a few episodes

I knew the storyline would take time to build and may confuse some people-all I can say is practice some patience and keep an open mind

Will be interesting to hear peoples opinions after the end of first series and I feel years from now many Boba Fett fans will rave about it just like Mando.

#279 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Yes please go back to poll and re-vote-kinda pre-mature to vote a series after a few episodes
    I knew the storyline would take time to build and may confuse some people-all I can say is practice some patience and keep an open mind
    Will be interesting to hear peoples opinions after the end of first series and I feel years from now many Boba Fett fans will rave about it just like Mando.

I'm slightly incredulous.

So they air an episode of The Mandalorian in the Boba Fett timeslot and people says its a great series now?

huh.

Seems to me The Mandalorian is the great series at the moment, everything Boba Fett related has been pretty weak sauce.

#280 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Seems to me The Mandalorian is the great series at the moment, everything Boba Fett related has been pretty weak sauce

You remind me of an old grumpy cat pic

Guys that have been sour since day one and cant seem to get over how great this series really is-clinching their pearls trying to prove a point. Quit comparing to Mando-both are excellent and deserve to tell the entire story. Makes me think of the guys that talk bad about pinball games before really getting to play them in person and truly judge them. I have changed my tune on many pins and series-just have to keep an open mind

Grumpy old cat (resized).jpgGrumpy old cat (resized).jpg

#281 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

You remind me of an old grumpy cat pic
    Guys that have been sour since day one and cant seem to get over how great this series really is-clinching their pearls trying to prove a point. Quit comparing to Mando-both are excellent and deserve to tell the entire story. Makes me think of the guys that talk bad about pinball games before really getting to play them in person and truly judge them. I have changed my tune on many pins and series-just have to keep an open mind
    [quoted image]

I have kept an open mind, hence watching 5 episodes.

It's been a shit show of bad writing from day one. The whole series reeks of something thrown together for Disney+ content and a threat to the principal Mandalorian actor to get his act together. Or else.

Its painfully obvious how poorly BOBF is doing when they have to parachute in a more popular character to save ratings.

#282 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

I'm slightly incredulous.
    So they air an episode of The Mandalorian in the Boba Fett timeslot and people says its a great series now?
    huh.
    Seems to me The Mandalorian is the great series at the moment, everything Boba Fett related has been pretty weak sauce.

Exactly. Kind of ironic that the Boba Fett series is actually better without Boba Fett.

Quoted from KozMckPinball:

I think a lot of people might re-rate the show after EP5. It was a good one I think.

The first 4 episodes with Boba Fett were mediocre at best so far. Episode 5 took place outside the plots being laid down in the Boba Fett series and had nothing to do with Boba Fett. I see no reason to re-rate unless there's a significant difference between episodes 1-4 and episode 6.

#283 2 years ago

So when I talk to my other non pinhead Star Wars fan friends and ask them their thoughts-they all say the same thing. They all love it except they did not care for scooters and squad. Ok I get it but so many have dismissed this series over gossip and small details. Just wait until we see Black Wookie, Boba and Mando all fighting side by side-I am already daydreaming now.

#284 2 years ago
    Quoted from Indypin:

Agreed, but I think they are setting up that ship to get destroyed in a spectacular fashion so we can get a new Razorcrest for next season of Mando. This new Razorcrest will have a new paint job and some slight differences so they can sell more toys.

#285 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

For sure a mini chainmail hauberk.

#286 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Quit comparing to Mando-both are excellent

Not so far.

It's hard not to compare them since they are both the first and latest live-action star wars TV series.

Episode 5 with the Mandalorian was the only Boba Fett series episode so far that I wanted to go back and watch a second time immediately after the credits rolled.

#287 2 years ago

If anything I rate the show lower after seeing how good it could be with Mando episode. I think the issue is with Temuera Morrison (not that good of an actor) and Robert Rodriguez (best episodes are the ones he didn't direct)

I also fear that Jon Favreau is getting stretched too thin. Something I worried about when all these new live action shows were announced.

Two episodes left...

#288 2 years ago
    Quoted from Charles_Kline:

If anything I rate the show lower after seeing how good it could be with Mando episode..

The contrast is painful, though in defense of Morrison to some degree he is working with the script bring handed to him.

#290 2 years ago

Never in my life have I enjoyed bad episodes just because a show got better.

It doesn't reflect well on the series that the only one I enjoyed was 5 episodes in and didn't feature the main character.

#291 2 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

It's hard not to compare them since they are both the first and latest live-action star wars TV series..

How could you not compare them? Both live action Star Wars shows featuring Mandalorian characters on the same network.

What should I compare BOBF too, a cooking show?

#292 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Its painfully obvious how poorly BOBF is doing when they have to parachute in a more popular character to save ratings.

Right, because they made this episode after they saw how bad the ratings are...

On a side note, this was an excellent episode of The Mandalorian!

#293 2 years ago

Yeah, it really highlighted where Boba is letting us down.

Mandalore’s backstory is way more interesting. There’s just a grittier feel to that episode that’s missing from Boba. Boba is more Saturday morning Serial, low stakes and light. Hopefully there’s more of episode 5s feel.

#294 2 years ago
    Quoted from brucipher:

Right, because they made this episode after they saw how bad the ratings are...

They do prescreen shows and movies for test audiences in Hollywood you know. And then make changes based on test audience reaction.

#295 2 years ago
    Quoted from Indypin:

No droid...plenty of room in the back seat lol

#296 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

They do prescreen shows and movies for test audiences in Hollywood you know. And then make changes based on test audience reaction.

I think 80% of the problem is the "test" audiences they pick. They probably just ask Kathleen Kennedy, and release it :-s

#297 2 years ago
    Quoted from EternitytoM83:

I'm seeing some definite peaks and valleys with this show, and so far the valleys can be directly correlated with Rodriguez, which concerns me somewhat since he apparently directed at least one more of the remaining episodes. Looking at some of the strongest episodes of Mando makes me wish I was seeing names like Filoni, Famuyiwa, or Howard in the director's credit here.

So, yeah, the best episode of The Book of Boba Fett is an episode of The Mandalorian directed by Bryce Dallas Howard.

#298 2 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

I think 80% of the problem is the "test" audiences they pick. They probably just ask Kathleen Kennedy, and release it :-s

I think it depends on the product, somethings she clearly has no control over. I'm not sure BOBF is as it is because rushed to market or her meddling.

The Mandalorian is clearly a property she has little control over.

#299 2 years ago

Am I the only one that loves every episode of BOBF and Mando just because it exists within the Star Wars universe?

#300 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Yes-some people need to go back to poll and re-vote-kinda pre-mature to vote a series after a few episodes

My opinion at the beginning of BOBF (first few episodes) was there needs to be more interstellar travel and ship stuff to make it more Star Wars like. EP5 provided that. I bumped up my rating.

There are 642 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/book-of-boba-fett-thoughts/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.