Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 642 posts
  • 109 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by paynemic
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How much are you liking BOBF? Scale is 1-Garbage to 10-Perfection”

• 1: Worst thing ever created 2 votes
      1%
    • 2: Jar Jar 6 votes
      4%
    • 3: Poor 14 votes
      9%
    • 4: DESW 1 vote
      1%
    • 5: Meh 25 votes
      17%
    • 6: Better than Meh 25 votes
      17%
    • 7: Good 42 votes
      28%
    • 8: Grogu 15 votes
      10%
    • 9: Ashoka Tano 12 votes
      8%
    • 10: Perfection 9 votes
      6%

(151 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E742DA8D-569C-4AA1-B938-020931548460 (resized).jpeg
    2022-02-25_14-29-19 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    larry_david (resized).jpg
    3fbd63ebd54e507d (resized).jpg
    22BA15BD-5E1E-40E0-A39C-11BB74ADCB56 (resized).jpeg
    B-arthur-ROTJ (resized).jpg
    KK-hut (resized).png
    hulk-smash (resized).jpg
    Boba and Mando.gif
    The-Book-of-Boba-Fett_poster (resized).jpg
    20220209_142113 (resized).jpg
    20220209_142158 (resized).jpg
    F6C6A748-EE7B-443E-93C4-AC296D353495 (resized).jpeg
    There are 642 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 13.
    #201 2 years ago
    Quoted from peaceboy666:

boba fett needs to get laid

I agree, a whole episode should be dedicated to him just railing Fennec Shand in every room of the Hutt Palace while shes wearing a Slave Leia costume. HBO should buy Star Wars.

#202 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

1) I was surprised to see her name in the credits.
    2) This episode was perhaps the best, a low bar to be sure.
    3) The whole "people with driod mods" is odd considering nothing like that was noted in prior trips to the planet, just overdone a touch.
    4) Clearly the Mandalorian will be making an appearance.

I have to agree. Family re-watched an episode of The Mandalorian after BF EP4. Looking forward to season 3 of Mando.

#203 2 years ago

Odd things in BF EP4 I saw:

1) Fennec cut some metal bars to enter the palace. She cut them only at the top but was able to kick them free. But uncut at the bottom?
    2) Mod surgery done with no antiseptic cleaning of the tools and done by a guy with dirty dreads hanging over the wound. And no threat of infection.
    3) Bantha walks extremely slowly. I know there is SW universe continuity but how long does it take to get anywhere riding one?

#204 2 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

3) Bantha walks extremely slowly. I know there is SW universe continuity but how long does it take to get anywhere riding one?

Yes, this struck me as ridiculous.

#205 2 years ago

Holy nit-pickers Batman

C'mon guys you all know you like this series and it is enjoyable. Why did Boba not just fly away when confronted by the squad of the hired Mayor's goons? Because he is Boba freakin Fett and he does not just fly away and leave a battle-seriously these internet troll memes crack me up.
    Mod surgery without antiseptic-what is this Grey's Anatomy?-lol

Episode 4 was epic and this series is getting better and better. They did a great job with Slave 1 and the computer generated images were great. I am impressed with this series especially when having to produce during a turbulent time frame. I loved the sit down meal with Rancor surprise below helping Boba appear as a strong leader with ruthless attributions. He can be polite or jack you up-your choice. Black Wookie or Santy joining the crew should lead towards some great future battle scenes. I am hooked and every Wednesday is special for me. Some people like when an entire series is released so they can binge, I like the weekly releases-it gives me something to look forward to.

#206 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Holy nit-pickers Batman
    C'mon guys you all know you like this series and it is enjoyable. .

No it isn't.

The last episode was the best by far, mostly because the bar for that metric is about a half inch off the floor after the prior three episodes.

Its embarrassing.

#207 2 years ago
    Quoted from doc5md:

Episode 4 was definitely better. The mod-parlor was kinda odd, and chasing around the rat catcher... .But I finally am looking forward to the next episode.

Agree, those two bits stuck out for me as out of place, but other than that I thought the episode wasn’t too bad overall.

I loved seeing and hearing Slave I again too!!!

#208 2 years ago
    Quoted from Slash:

Agree, those two bits stuck out for me as out of place, but other than that I thought the episode wasn’t too bad overall.
    I loved seeing and hearing Slave I again too!!!

You mean “Boba Fetts Starship” right? Disney prefers you don’t call it the [redacted] 1 anymore…
    B043CB94-ED33-4A76-803E-348F270F1E54 (resized).pngB043CB94-ED33-4A76-803E-348F270F1E54 (resized).png

#209 2 years ago
    74FE466A-9EAF-4489-A2A6-47784EA240D7 (resized).jpeg74FE466A-9EAF-4489-A2A6-47784EA240D7 (resized).jpeg
    #210 2 years ago

I guess the word Slave is now offensive I saw that they changed the ship name too. Weird times.

#211 2 years ago
    Quoted from Elicash:

I guess the word Slave is now offensive I saw that they changed the ship name too. Weird times.

I best throw out all my IDE hard drives.

#212 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:No it isn't.
    The last episode was the best by far, mostly because the bar for that metric is about a half inch off the floor after the prior three episodes.
    Its embarrassing.

Ya you're right it should be exactly identical to the Mandalorian; only then it would be a good series

#213 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

I best throw out all my IDE hard drives.

And any Williams early solid state displays

Also wouldnt that mean the word "Master" would be offensive since you need one for the other

#214 2 years ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

Ya you're right it should be exactly identical to the Mandalorian; only then it would be a good series

Nice straw man you have there, I'm going to burn it down.

No one stated it had to be the same, just decent. The writing and CGI has been terrible.

#215 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Nice straw man you have there, I'm going to burn it down.
    No one stated it had to be the same, just decent. The writing and CGI has been terrible.

I agree some of it has been weak; but the vast majority at least for me has been quite enjoyable. IMO it was way better than baby Yoda I despised that idea!! Let's do something like baby Groot so we can sell a ton of toys. I feel that the series has totally different tone & IMO it keeps getting better every week I'd take this show any day over the diarrhea sequel trilogy!

#216 2 years ago

It's meh

#217 2 years ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

You mean “Boba Fetts Starship” right? Disney prefers you don’t call it the [redacted] 1 anymore…
    [quoted image]

Yeah that was one of the most pathetic woke things for them to do.

There was nothing wrong with the name. I believe Jango Fett stole the damn ship from a prison moon where it was one of the attack craft used to guard it. In that context the name makes perfect sense.

It will only ever be Slave 1 to me! But if you look at my profile pics, I am a little biased when it comes to Fett.

#218 2 years ago

I thought that episode was pathetic. Boba Fett is becoming more and more the exact opposite of the mysterious bounty hunter / villain he was, it looks like he got thrown under a Disney shower of honey and love. He is turning into a mix of an incompetent mob boss, a terrible fighter while he feeds his banta because Boba 2.0 also loves animals.

I think the worst part in this episode was Slave 1 chasing that gang and shooting them, they all stay together instead of splitting so they can be shot one after the next one and of course let's throw a rocket at the last one because the guy was so agile that lasers didn't do the job.

#219 2 years ago

I’m not sure where this idea that Boba Fett was a badass comes from, he was onscreen for like four minutes in the original movies.

4141C33E-8809-4F49-BAB4-F965E2EAC185 (resized).jpeg4141C33E-8809-4F49-BAB4-F965E2EAC185 (resized).jpeg

He was only cool in your head. So really there’s nothing being lost.

#220 2 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

I’m not sure where this idea that Boba Fett was a badass comes from, he was onscreen for like four minutes in the original movies.
    [quoted image]

Yep that's exactly it, a whole myth built in an entire generation of heads throughout 3 decades based on 4 minutes of screen time, smashed in a wall by the Walt Disney Company

#221 2 years ago

Over the last few decades I've painfully learned to really lower my expectations for ever experiencing anything close to the magic that was the original trilogy. I've been pleasantly surprised a couple of times (Rogue one & Mandalorian), and look upon anything new from the franchise coming out as simply entertainment.

Despite all the faults mentioned before I still find Book of Boba quite entertaining, and light years better than "That one Rian Johnson did".

-Paul

#222 2 years ago

Bantha walks extremely slowly. I know there is SW universe continuity but how long does it take to get anywhere riding one?

Let’s just hope we never see Boba riding one of these

6BFBCBAC-7E1E-41F8-AEFC-761EB7BDB014 (resized).jpeg6BFBCBAC-7E1E-41F8-AEFC-761EB7BDB014 (resized).jpeg
    #223 2 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

Probably that he talked back to Darth Vader without retribution.

#224 2 years ago
    Quoted from Slash:

Maybe not as bad as deleting Cara Dune.

#225 2 years ago

Probably that he talked back to Darth Vader without retribution.

He just said Han wasn’t worth anything dead. Hardly “talking back.”

#226 2 years ago
    Quoted from Slash:

There was nothing wrong with the name. I believe Jango Fett stole the damn ship from a prison moon where it was one of the attack craft used to guard it. In that context the name makes perfect sense.
    It will only ever be Slave 1 to me! But if you look at my profile pics, I am a little biased when it comes to Fett.

To me the strangest part is - its not even a character named "slave". Hell, its not even a droid being called Slave. Its a damn SPACE SHIP being called Slave. Are other aircraft in the real world now offended by this term? Are people at Boeing or NASA offended by the use? Totally bizarre.

#227 2 years ago
    Quoted from jwilson:

He just said Han wasn’t worth anything dead. Hardly “talking back.”

It’s Vader man… that’s definitely talking back

#228 2 years ago

Personally, I am glad they have resolved the bacta tank backstory flashbacks build-up because I am looking forward to the war.
    Also, no beefs with the story and character development at this point- the character is just evolving. As he said, he is just tired of working for people who will end up getting him killed. He's learned enough to know how to be a good leader and businessman and maybe like all good bad guys, are trying to move him over for inclusion in future projects. Just no Marvel cross overs please.

I also liked the sarlac pit armor searching scene and his execution of the biker gang.

#229 2 years ago

Different director and a little better of an episode, best one so far. But as others have said that bar is low low.

I’m glad he’s fully healed and we can stop with the slow flash backs.

Only 4 episodes left.

#230 2 years ago
    Quoted from adol75:

Yep that's exactly it, a whole myth built in an entire generation of heads throughout 3 decades based on 4 minutes of screen time, smashed in a wall by the Walt Disney Company

Don't forget the TV show where he was introduced.

#231 2 years ago

Still enjoying the series and young kids still entertained.

Finally got to catch up and watch the speederbike "chase" scene. It brought back memories of... Nintendo 64 Shadow's of the Empire circa 1995. Remember the speeder bike chase level? This game was hard for a little kid. Even worse... I actually thought the graphics looked amazing back in the day.

#232 2 years ago

Spoiler alert?

I’m wondering if I was the only one to notice that they played the Mando theme when they were talking about credits buying muscle! It’s Mando tie-in time!

#233 2 years ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

Spoiler alert?
    I’m wondering if I was the only one to notice that they played the Mando theme when they were talking about credits buying muscle! It’s Mando tie-in time!

Wasn’t very subtle!

What’s weird is the idea that Mando would be back to working for $$ at this point. His character development in The Mandalorian seemed to be steering him away from it… but now that [spoilers] Grogu is no longer in his care, maybe he has nothing better to do?

This is all assuming I’m correct in my understanding that this particular moment in BoBF is after the last episode of The Mandalorian Season 2…

#234 2 years ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

Spoiler alert?

See post 197, it wasn't subtle.

#235 2 years ago

Episode 4 was meh I thought. Worst one yet..

#236 2 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

It brought back memories of... Nintendo 64 Shadow's of the Empire circa 1995.

That was my first N64 game. The graphics were amazing at the time, and still look good on a crt. Still a pretty fun game I play time to time and Dash Rendar was a good character even if he was a bit of a Han rip off.

What is weird in this series for me is how weak Boba Fett seems (I’m only 2 episodes in). He is supposed to be a bad ass. Gets his butt kicked in almost every fight. It’s still fun to watch with my nephews, and hopefully it holds a candle to Mando after a few more episodes.

#237 2 years ago
    Quoted from JStoltz:

Wasn’t very subtle!
    What’s weird is the idea that Mando would be back to working for $$ at this point.

At this point in the timeline Fett has not met Mando yet and collected his armor. I suspect we will see that episode of the Mandalorian replayed, but from Boba Fett's point of view.

#238 2 years ago

I feel bad for the lizard guy that had his arm pulled off by the drunk wookie.

#239 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

At this point in the timeline Fett has not met Mando yet and collected his armor. I suspect we will see that episode of the Mandalorian replayed, but from Boba Fett's point of view.

I don't think this is correct. The end of episode 4 Boba has his armor, so it's post S2 of Mandalorian.

#240 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

For real? Maybe I need to go back and watch again… Wasn’t the conversation being had from Jabba’s palace, meaning it had been after Fett returned (with his armor) and killed Bib Fortuna?

#241 2 years ago
    Quoted from JStoltz:

For real? Maybe I need to go back and watch again… Wasn’t the conversation being had from Jabba’s palace, meaning it had been after Fett returned (with his armor) and killed Bib Fortuna?

Sorry you are right, the flipping flashbacks are killing me.

#242 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Sorry you are right, the flipping flashbacks are killing me.

No worries, I’m skeptical about my perception of pretty much anything related to this timeline stuff.
    It’s a doozy.

#243 2 years ago
    Quoted from JStoltz:

No worries, I’m skeptical about my perception of pretty much anything related to this timeline stuff.
    It’s a doozy.

One second he is gathering his stuff up, the next out of the bacta tank.

#244 2 years ago

I guess I never built up a huge fantasy in my head of Boba Fett. I was intrigued by him, and he had cool armor, but that's all I recall from my childhood about him. Much of his origin was covered in the prequels.

I can appreciate he's a changed man post Sarlac, and this is what the story is about, not about bounty hunting.

#245 2 years ago

It’s better when he leaves the helmet on.

Didn’t they learn anything from Judge Dredd?

#246 2 years ago

It's the new Disney/Marvel syndrome where you need to see the faces without the masks/helmets on to see they are human (or actors ). Otherwise we can pay the same actors to wear everybody's costumes or armor.

#247 2 years ago
    Quoted from zaki:

I feel bad for the lizard guy that had his arm pulled off by the drunk wookie.

Krsantan (no idea on spelling) has been the best part of the show so far. Love his scenes. I really am intrigued by the story and am glad they are focusing on the crime/seedier parts of the Star Wars universe. However the special effects keep pulling me out of the world. Robert Rodriguez is channeling spy kids when he should’ve been channeling grindhouse or from dusk til dawn.

#248 2 years ago

a04d247a177d0812 (resized).jpga04d247a177d0812 (resized).jpg

#249 2 years ago

So I'll start off with saying I'm no Star Wars fan. I watch for family entertainment, and that's really my only bar. It's fairly low. I expect to see mupoets and other tie ins that can be merchandized somehow.

Both Mando and BoBF do offer something I'm a little happy to see though, and that's a long, drawn out epusode, each and every week. Add to that the long, drawn out story lines.

It's almost refreshing, given the usual more action - no writing method we've come to see.

I'm not endorsing this as spectacular, I truly don't believe it is, but I'll give it an A for effort in bringing us backward in time, in a pleasant way.

#250 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

[quoted image]

No different than Goth or night owl people in California who only go out at night EXCEPT, she really needs to put on some sun screen,
    since almost everyone else on the planet covers themselves up completely like a mummy if they aren't reptiles to avoid sunburn.

There are 642 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/book-of-boba-fett-thoughts/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.