Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 642 posts
  • 109 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by paynemic
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How much are you liking BOBF? Scale is 1-Garbage to 10-Perfection”

• 1: Worst thing ever created 2 votes
      1%
    • 2: Jar Jar 6 votes
      4%
    • 3: Poor 14 votes
      9%
    • 4: DESW 1 vote
      1%
    • 5: Meh 25 votes
      17%
    • 6: Better than Meh 25 votes
      17%
    • 7: Good 42 votes
      28%
    • 8: Grogu 15 votes
      10%
    • 9: Ashoka Tano 12 votes
      8%
    • 10: Perfection 9 votes
      6%

(151 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E742DA8D-569C-4AA1-B938-020931548460 (resized).jpeg
    2022-02-25_14-29-19 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    larry_david (resized).jpg
    3fbd63ebd54e507d (resized).jpg
    22BA15BD-5E1E-40E0-A39C-11BB74ADCB56 (resized).jpeg
    B-arthur-ROTJ (resized).jpg
    KK-hut (resized).png
    hulk-smash (resized).jpg
    Boba and Mando.gif
    The-Book-of-Boba-Fett_poster (resized).jpg
    20220209_142113 (resized).jpg
    20220209_142158 (resized).jpg
    F6C6A748-EE7B-443E-93C4-AC296D353495 (resized).jpeg
    There are 642 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 13.
    #151 2 years ago
    Quoted from Slash:

Also, who still moves all their stuff via a train in this world? Plus a train going through the Dune Sea with shifting sands, surely one bit of wind and the tracks would be covered in sand

Not a Star Wars apologist but I don’t remember seeing any type of track below the train during that set piece. Thought the train was hovering above the sand in a similar fashion to Luke’s land speeder.

#152 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rezdog:

Not a Star Wars apologist but I don’t remember seeing any type of track below the train during that set piece. Thought the train was hovering above the sand in a similar fashion to Luke’s land speeder.

Described Pykes train as a "hovering" train:

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Train

#153 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rezdog:

Yeah that was made very obvious

#154 2 years ago

I honestly don’t have a problem with the acting in the show (seems appropriate for the characters imo) but I have to agree that the technicolor space Vespa “chase” scene should have been used for the next Spy Kids movie instead.

What REALLY bugged me was all the unnecessary “formations” the Vespas kept taking, and the unnecessary maneuvers through the streets. And of course the forced shots of the “bikers” using their unique little “powerups” as if they’re Power Rangers or something.

Also, at the end of the “chase” Boba just drops out of the sky from his Jetpack next to the speeder? If he can do that, why not just cut out the lame chase sequence entirely?

Seriously just look at this nonsense. Who approved it?!

E21F5490-F7B8-4733-8734-75B730825992 (resized).jpegE21F5490-F7B8-4733-8734-75B730825992 (resized).jpeg

#155 2 years ago
    Quoted from JStoltz:

... Vespa “chase” scene should have been used for the next Spy Kids movie instead.

The new Sharkboy & Lavagirl is already out and looks better this did

#156 2 years ago

I really like what Jon Favreau did with Mando. It made me like Star Wars again, but I'm not so sure with this Boba Fett series. I'm hoping it gets better, but right now Boba seems more like Ted Lasso than a ruthless bounty hunter.

#157 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Dude you need to move on; the Helmut is not staying on.
    Agreed with Mando the Helmut coming off is the worst part, but they've already shown this actor thru a bunch of movies constantly without a helmet so that seal is already broken.

It has nothing to do with knowing or seeing who the actor is, it has to do with the fact that he never took his helmet off in the original trilogy and now he takes it off every chance he gets, it doesn't fit his character. It feels more like the actor doesn't want to wear it.

#158 2 years ago
    Quoted from DeeGor:

I really like what Jon Favreau did with Mando. It made me like Star Wars again, but I'm not so sure with this Boba Fett series. I'm hoping it gets better, but right now Boba seems more like Ted Lasso than a ruthless bounty hunter.

Mando expanded the universe and minus a few connections to the original films, stuck to new people, new places, new political alliances. BoBF, if anything has made the world seem more claustrophobic. We’re more stuck on Tattooine than even Luke was, and all the new players are either right out of 80’s cop action shows or the show is hitting us over the head with the connections to RoTJ. Look! A rancor and it’s handler! Look! Tusken Raiders! Look! If you like Jabba, here are TWO hutts!

Even that I could forgive if the action scenes were kick ass, but forcing a character’s vehicle to crash into a vegetable stand and then have them sitting forlornly trapped by the produce? Why not just go full Scooby-Doo at that point and have him complain to Boba “I would’ve got away with it too, if it weren’t for these meddling kids!”

#159 2 years ago

What the hell did I just watch? Was like a cheap 80's sci-fi sitcom on a backwater network. The only thing missing was a monster made from bubble wrap and spray paint with some dryer hose attached.

1) Mighty Morphing Power Rangers. Jesus wept. I guess the whole "worn, lived in SW universe look" is tossed out the window now. My guess is they had leftover props from another show and re-purposed them.

2) So the dune sea biker gang that Fett beats with a stick wipes out all the raiders. Right. Not really plausible but I'll roll with it.

3) Rancor = Trojan Horse.

4) So the Hutts just.. leave town after trying to kill him twice? ok then. Where were they when Bib was sitting on Jabbas throne?

5) The Wookie will be back, life debt. The Wookie is cool though.

6) Speaking The Wookie- He goes to the trouble of sneaking into Jabbas palace, alerts no guards or trips alarms.. and pulls Fett from the bacta tank and start roaring? Why not shoot Fett in the face while he is trapped in the tank if you are going to make noise.

7) What was the point of the chase if Fett just drops in via jetpack? To show off the Power Ranger toys clearly.

#160 2 years ago
    Quoted from JStoltz:

I honestly don’t have a problem with the acting in the show (seems appropriate for the characters imo) but I have to agree that the technicolor space Vespa “chase” scene should have been used for the next Spy Kids movie instead.
    What REALLY bugged me was all the unnecessary “formations” the Vespas kept taking, and the unnecessary maneuvers through the streets. And of course the forced shots of the “bikers” using their unique little “powerups” as if they’re Power Rangers or something.
    Also, at the end of the “chase” Boba just drops out of the sky from his Jetpack next to the speeder? If he can do that, why not just cut out the lame chase sequence entirely?
    [quoted image]

This picture literally made me puke. However, Mudflaps saying Boba looked like he was standing in line at the DMV made me LOL. Nailed it!

#161 2 years ago

Episode three getting slammed over the use of colorful slow scooters,etc.-meh who cares. Are they out of place and slow-yes but what about all the other great moments? I think nowadays people actually get off on being critical. What can I find wrong-instead of what did I like attitude. All this talk about taking the helmet off. He was not sworn to keep on like Mando, and I actually enjoy seeing facial expressions and characterization of the character develop more. For me this series is really enjoyable.

The critics slammed episode two and I thought it was a masterpiece. All of the comments remind me of the hatred for Stern Star Wars pinball when it was released. Everyone has a set projection of what or how it should be-and I say keep an open mind and just try and enjoy it for what it is. I have way more positive things to say than I do negative and can't wait for the future episode's. Star Wars nerds-unite!

#162 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Episode three getting slammed over the use of colorful slow scooters,etc.-meh who cares. Are they out of place and slow-yes but what about all the other great moments? I think nowadays people actually get off on being critical. What can I find wrong-instead of what did I like attitude. All this talk about taking the helmet off. He was not sworn to keep on like Mando, and I actually enjoy seeing facial expressions and characterization of the character develop more. For me this series is really enjoyable.
    The critics slammed episode two and I thought it was a masterpiece. All of the comments remind me of the hatred for Stern Star Wars pinball when it was released. Everyone has a set projection of what or how it should be-and I say keep an open mind and just try and enjoy it for what it is. I have way more positive things to say then I do negative and can't wait for the future episode's. Star Wars nerds-unite!

But you're making it sound like just because it's Star Wars, you should accept whatever crap they ram down our throats. I enjoyed episode 2, but the series is really weak. I only jumped back in because people here said episode 2 was better. After watching episode 3, I was sorry I jumped back in.

#163 2 years ago

Think of Stranger Things(another great franchise)

Same exact thing-some episodes were hit and miss but overall it ended up great. Some episodes seemed slow or thrown together but overall it was entertaining. We have more episodes to go and maybe I am a fanboy willing to overlook certain aspects but I feel it is a great series so far. There are very few series that I can relate to and while it is not perfect-beggars can't be choosers. Haters are going to hate no matter what-especially with anything related to Star Wars.

Watching this series has made me respect the Tusken Raiders and see them in a different light. Again opening my mind to new possibilities and expanding my mental fantasies.

#164 2 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

But you're making it sound like just because it's Star Wars, you should accept whatever crap they ram down our throats. I enjoyed episode 2, but the series is really weak. I only jumped back in because people here said episode 2 was better. After watching episode 3, I was sorry I jumped back in.

Mando with all its flaws is much better than Book of Fett.

This feels like the show was thrown together in a slapdash manner because Disney needed content, preferably Star Wars content.

#165 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Mando with all its flaws is much better than Book of Fett.
    This feels like the show was thrown together in a slapdash manner because Disney needed content, preferably Star Wars content.

Well when they ended Mando with "Book of Boba Fett coming soon," I said "Oh, no..." to my wife because once you start piggybacking shows on each other, it feels kind of forced. They should have just let it go. I suppose lackluster shows are better than no shows at all, but I just feel it waters down the Star Wars legacy when you start pumping out crap just to have content for your streaming service.

#166 2 years ago

Can you add a poll? Maybe 1 through 10, 10 being best, how would you rate Book of Boba Fett so far?

#167 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

Are they out of place and slow-yes but what about all the other great moments?

I failed to see a single "great moment" in EP#3. I saw piles of bad writing, cheap sets and cheap CGI.

The show is starting to come into range of Star Wars Holiday Special bad, I would not be the least bit surprised if we see a dance number or Boba Fett in an kitchen apron next. I guess seeing him in his tighty whiteys is pretty damn close though.

They have lots of good things to work with. Boba Fett & the Wookie being high up. The Hutts looked mildly interesting but they look to be dodging that for the moment.

Ditch the bacta tank and let Fett be Fett. The water seller spoke true, no one respects you.

#168 2 years ago

I wrote off the first couple Mandalorain episodes because of 'baby grogu'. To me the Mandalorian series is not really about the 'child' it is about all the surrounding characters and development. To this day I cannot stand the cheese factor of the child and the mass marketing of lame toys that went with it. Probably worse time in Star Wars history for real toys but the little guy touches peoples soft spot and oh is he cute(sells lots of bed sheets,pot holders). Seriously get me a barf bag already. Mando is the shit and baby grogu is a marketing ploy. Overall I still loved the Mandalorian series and was able to look past the cheese factor. You guys just need to buy a pair of cheese goggles to look past the cheese and see the true magic in character development. The Tusken people opening their homes and teaching Fett their ways was a breakthrough with character development and background stories. Take it with a grain of salt and just try not to be so critical. Plenty of other garbage on TV to watch-oh wait not much to watch-nevermind.

#169 2 years ago

Go ahead and take off that helmet Boba, you can breath better

take-helmet-off-boba-fett.giftake-helmet-off-boba-fett.gif
    #170 2 years ago

enjoyed mando, but bobo is a nono, ep3 set the bar lower than ep1
    i so wanted/want this to be better
    i will continue to watch in spite of the dance off's

#171 2 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Can you add a poll? Maybe 1 through 10, 10 being best, how would you rate Book of Boba Fett so far?

Poll added.

#172 2 years ago
    Quoted from JStoltz:

[quoted image]

That exact scene was the biggest WTF moment, I hope Lucas picked up his phone and said come on people, kill the legacy but do it with style

#173 2 years ago
    Quoted from adol75:

...I hope Lucas picked up his phone and said come on people, kill the legacy but do it with style

I agree the bueatiful legacy of Star Wars that George Lucas left...bwahahahahaha

#174 2 years ago

A friend and I played some Golden Tee and re-watched episodes 2 & 3 last night. Watching it a second time had me catching more and really appreciating the series. Episode 2 is really well written and directed and is my favorite so far. Episode 3 really was decent as well. The scooter chase did not take place until the end and for how short it was-it did not ruin the entire episode. What I felt was off was the portrayal of the actual scooters. Should there have been colors-should they just have been grey or tan and bland? I don't think the colors really bothered me, but the over the top cheesy chrome and vespa like appearance really threw people through a loop(I did not see this in storyboard pics?). At the end of the episode is a fantastic artist rendition storyboard that helps lead directors. The storyboard contradicts itself with having two versions of scooters pictured. One version actually does not look that bad(not loaded with chrome accessories) while the other one depicts the rainbow squad(added extra yellow scooter in actual series-taste the rainbow) scooting down the center of street. I also thought-you know how easy it is to increase video speed in editing mode-really simple. With just a few tweaks they could have made the chase seem somewhat cool? Get rid of rainbow scooters and speed up video speed-bam all fixed. I will say I still really enjoyed re-watching them and still love this series.

GEDC6871 (resized).JPGGEDC6871 (resized).JPGGEDC6873 (resized).JPGGEDC6873 (resized).JPG

#175 2 years ago

The naming convention of the poll could use some help... really Grogu LMFAO!!

#176 2 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Makes me think of Medieval Madness every time I see these guys.

That's funny you said that because I thought the same exact thing. I liked how the Gamorreans(Medieval Madness Trolls) squealed like a pig when the Black Wookie strook them. Looking closely-looks like two fat guys painted green from head down-no costumes or special effects.

Here is my Troll I added to my MMR-looks just like the Gamorreans-classic

GEDC6874 (resized).JPGGEDC6874 (resized).JPG
    #177 2 years ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

I personally liked the Jar Jar vote

You know what that confirms to me is every Star Wars movie or series has something off or not right. Was Jar Jar horrid-yes but looking back I really enjoyed the movie overall.

#178 2 years ago

I wonder if the colorful speederbike chase scene in episode 3 was imposed on the director because this will be a new ride at Disneyworld?

Actually, that's my prediction.

#179 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

I personally liked the Jar Jar vote
    You know what that confirms to me is every Star Wars movie or series has something off or not right. Was Jar Jar horrid-yes but looking back I really enjoyed the movie overall.

Personally I’d do a pretty pedestrian poll weak okay or strong!

#180 2 years ago
    6934B81F-C9F1-4FF2-9792-4FED7D050320.gif6934B81F-C9F1-4FF2-9792-4FED7D050320.gif
    #181 2 years ago
    Quoted from DeeGor:

but right now Boba seems more like Ted Lasso than a ruthless bounty hunter.

I think this might be intentional.

Remember, he isn't a bounty hunter now. He's basically a kingpin and has to play politics for the first time in his life. That's going to lead to a lot of mistakes on his part.

Also, he wants to rule with respect. He can't go killing everyone involved in a disagreement. Politics comes into play again.

Moreover, he's clearly injured and is trying to recover using the bacta tank. They're making it pretty clear that he isn't 100% healthy. You have to factor that into him behaving more like a lawyer vs bounty hunter.

I hope he gets sick and tired of the politics though ... there are far too many corrupt players that have no respect for any kind of order (not like the rules of a Daimyo on Tatooine lend themselves well to the kind of order that leads to free and peaceful lives ).

#182 2 years ago

I loved getting more info on the Rancor.

That moment in ROTJ when the "monster" rancor was defeated, and then you get his keeper crying over him was always weirdly peculiar and memorable. Now we get a cool exploration about why.

#183 2 years ago

Which Vespa character is Sting? I'll have to go rewatch Quadrophenia now...

quadrophenia sting (resized).jpgquadrophenia sting (resized).jpg
    #184 2 years ago

Anyone get reminded of this from the last episode?

F85A2C85-7497-4D82-84DF-58DDF5919CA8.gifF85A2C85-7497-4D82-84DF-58DDF5919CA8.gif
    #185 2 years ago

Just finished episode 3. Chase was weirdly slow. The helmet on and off is getting old….I am pretty sure they are just making a point he is not a Mandolorian. I would think BF knows there is some advantage to hiding his identity and use the helmet to his advantage but I guess not. Overall it’s entertaining and for me captures the nostalgia of the original movies. The new movies did not do that and were not near as enjoyable as the original trilogy. Personally I want to see the fall of BF as he is a character we should hate since he aided in the capture of Han and the others. What is missing from the show is WHY I should care or be emotionally invested in BF…..as of now I could care less if he lives or dies.

The Mandolorian quickly introduced Grogu and is his protector/guardian so it gives a reason why we should care about him and his mission.

#186 2 years ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

Hehe. Just shaking it up.

But Ahsoka Tano is one of the best characters in the whole universe.

#187 2 years ago

I found episode 2 to be the best so far. Enjoying it so far. In fact I was donin the moment I got indigestion while watching the fight scene and eating a bag of twiglets!

Agree not sure on the bikers in episode 3 but I’m liking it better than Mando.

#188 2 years ago
    AFE6F38A-5C78-4ED1-A88E-4C1C24105241 (resized).jpegAFE6F38A-5C78-4ED1-A88E-4C1C24105241 (resized).jpeg
    #189 2 years ago

#190 2 years ago

Not sure which is worse.

#191 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Not sure which is worse.

Is that that Reb guy from Big Wednesday? I think he played Captain America on a TV show as well? These shows have not held up well...

#192 2 years ago

sooooo did they cheap out and just use this

#193 2 years ago
    pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #194 2 years ago

Can badass Empire Boba please show up soon?
    That character was smart, always sharp, one step ahead. This character seems a bit slow, his actions just doesn’t have that same appeal.
    On the other end, Jennifer Beals has impressed.
    Hope this series gets more traction, it’s not bad, but underwhelming.
    Can’t believe this is the same team behind Mando.

#195 2 years ago

This has to be a stylist choice by Favreau. Rodriquez directed some decent episodes in The Mandalorian, particularly "Tragedy" where Grogu and Mando go to the ruined Jedi temple and Boba Fett single handedly kicks the crap out of a squad of Stormtroopers. Two very different pictures being painted.

It's probably leading up to a big blowout ending, something like a de-aged Harrison Ford taking on Boba Fett while the two Wookies battle it out.

And if you haven't had enough of Tatooine, you're in for a treat because Obi Wan will be more of the same.

#196 2 years ago

Loved episode 4, best one to date
    Series is definitely different to The Mandalorian and I’m glad they went this way with Book of Fett
    Can’t wait for episode 5!

#197 2 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

Can badass Empire Boba please show up soon?
    That character was smart, always sharp, one step ahead. This character seems a bit slow, his actions just doesn’t have that same appeal.
    On the other end, Jennifer Beals has impressed.
    Hope this series gets more traction, it’s not bad, but underwhelming.
    Can’t believe this is the same team behind Mando.

1) I was surprised to see her name in the credits.

2) This episode was perhaps the best, a low bar to be sure.

3) The whole "people with driod mods" is odd considering nothing like that was noted in prior trips to the planet, just overdone a touch.

4) Clearly the Mandalorian will be making an appearance.

#198 2 years ago

Episode 4 was definitely better. The mod-parlor was kinda odd, and chasing around the rat catcher... .But I finally am looking forward to the next episode.

#199 2 years ago

boba fett needs to get laid

#200 2 years ago
    Quoted from doc5md:

Episode 4 was definitely better. The mod-parlor was kinda odd, and chasing around the rat catcher... .But I finally am looking forward to the next episode.

Disney humor no doubt.

There are 642 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/book-of-boba-fett-thoughts/page/4?hl=hawks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.