Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 642 posts
  • 109 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by paynemic
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How much are you liking BOBF? Scale is 1-Garbage to 10-Perfection”

• 1: Worst thing ever created 2 votes
      1%
    • 2: Jar Jar 6 votes
      4%
    • 3: Poor 14 votes
      9%
    • 4: DESW 1 vote
      1%
    • 5: Meh 25 votes
      17%
    • 6: Better than Meh 25 votes
      17%
    • 7: Good 42 votes
      28%
    • 8: Grogu 15 votes
      10%
    • 9: Ashoka Tano 12 votes
      8%
    • 10: Perfection 9 votes
      6%

(151 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E742DA8D-569C-4AA1-B938-020931548460 (resized).jpeg
    2022-02-25_14-29-19 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    larry_david (resized).jpg
    3fbd63ebd54e507d (resized).jpg
    22BA15BD-5E1E-40E0-A39C-11BB74ADCB56 (resized).jpeg
    B-arthur-ROTJ (resized).jpg
    KK-hut (resized).png
    hulk-smash (resized).jpg
    Boba and Mando.gif
    The-Book-of-Boba-Fett_poster (resized).jpg
    20220209_142113 (resized).jpg
    20220209_142158 (resized).jpg
    F6C6A748-EE7B-443E-93C4-AC296D353495 (resized).jpeg
    There are 642 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 13.
    #101 2 years ago

Loved both episodes so far! Could easily match Mando in terms of feel and quality.

Curious what BOBF big fan service moments will be, Mando had Asoka & Luke being the big 2 as well as Boba showing up.

Hope the show is huge like Mando, I’ll take a Boba Fett pin, yes please!

#102 2 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Loved both episodes so far! Could easily match Mando in terms of feel and quality.
    Curious what BOBF big fan service moments will be, Mando had Asoka & Luke being the big 2 as well as Boba showing up.
    Hope the show is huge like Mando, I’ll take a Boba Fett pin, yes please!

Good point. Lots of options. Mando an easy one, or Ahsoka. Others like Bossk, 4LOM, Dengar etc. Maybe Obi Wan, Darth Maul? Ezra....

#103 2 years ago

Awesome love it.

#104 2 years ago

I watched the first episode, deciding whether I want to continue. Wasn't impressed with EP 1

#105 2 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

I watched the first episode, deciding whether I want to continue. Wasn't impressed with EP 1

Ep2 is better. I think you keep watching.

#106 2 years ago

Just pack in the towel and give up.

#107 2 years ago

He takes his helmet off WAY too much.

#108 2 years ago

EP 3 is out now

Gonna watch tonight

#109 2 years ago

Ep3 is more of the same. Love it.

#110 2 years ago

4 episodes left I'm digging the direction this is going!! No spoiler talk yet; but another fire episode IMO!!

#111 2 years ago

Yep loving it too, it “feels”’ like Star Wars just like Mando did which is a big plus for me straight away.

Give me a BOBF pin after season 2, take the milk can from Houdini and make it into Boba’s jetpack/missile launcher

#112 2 years ago

Ugh these episodes feel short :-p

#113 2 years ago

Did anyone felt that car chase in episode 3 was weird ? Like a scooter chase going 10mph .

And why oh why did they make the young thugs motorcycles look like carousel rides

#114 2 years ago
    Quoted from adol75:

Did anyone felt that car chase in episode 3 was weird ? Like a scooter chase going 10mph .
    And why oh why did they make the young thugs motorcycles look like carousel rides

Thank you. I thought it was just me. Then I checked IMDB and saw it was rated lower than the first episode. Then I saw it was directed by the same guy. My score so far is 1 good episode, 2 bad.

#115 2 years ago
    Quoted from adol75:

Hahaha. These were my two exact thoughts. And the effects weren’t great. The “chase” felt all choppy. The vehicles didn’t fly smoothly at all.

But some good stuff in this episode nonetheless. Boba is growing on me.

#116 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Happens all the time in Hollywood.
    Watch Hidden Fortress by the Japanese director Kurosawa, Lucas admitted blatantly "borrowing" from it.

I’ve seen it, and it isn’t that familiar. Not like Fistfull of Dollars, that is a direct rip off of one of his movies. Even some of the scenes are the same.

#117 2 years ago

This was the weakest episode of the three.

In this series there are just too many things that bring me out of the Star Wars world whereas the Mandalorian didn't.

The 'mild ones' on colored vespas with way too many mirrors on them was just so out of place I actually laughed when I first saw them. It was a Luke throwing his saber over his shoulder moment for me. It's awful! The bicycle-speed chase through the town could've been so much more energetic, and exciting, but wasn't.

The fight with Black Krrsantan started off great with a nice jump scare moment then devolved into a typical 'let's all stand around and wait our turn to attack' that sucked. At one point Boba gets punched square in the face by a wookee with electrically-charged pointed brass knuckles, and it didn't even leave a mark. I bump my head on a corner of a raised playfield and I got an egg on my forehead for a week! Black Krrsantan was stabbed at least 4 times with various weapons with no apparent injury or affect at all. No blood. No limp. No nothing. He's good as new.

Then there's Boba Fett.... Temuera was a fantastic Jango in the prequels, but his portrayal of Boba just isn't there. His physical make up is nothing like how Boba was when we last saw him in Jedi. The writing for Boba is just so out of what we know his character to be. He's supposed to be a baddass bounty hunter feared throughout the galaxy!

Fennec Shand is turning out to be the best character so far. She's the one that this series should be about. She's awesome.

Overall it IS enjoyable, and I will watch it, but it's almost like the A-team is working on the new season of the Mandalorian while the B-team got stuck doing this.

-Paul

#118 2 years ago
    Quoted from adol75:

Yes! The chase felt low low budget to me too. Took me out of the “world”. I’m really enjoying the story so far but the special effects have definitely been lagging compared to the mandalorian.

#119 2 years ago

After getting into discussions with my son on this (WARNING SPOILERS BELOW FROM EPISODE 3):

The multi color bikers are for set up for selling merchandise and expect to see them in a Star Wars parade at Disneylands.
    Loved the Wookie fight - of course they take turns to fight him - he will be working as a "good bad guy" with Boba before the end of the series.
    Love the rancor scenes. Expect to see Boba riding his beast in the last episode around town.
    I wonder if they alternate spending budget on special effects versus practical effects and keep some episodes at 38 minutes because they feel it keeps the energy going. Who knows.

The only thing missing is a nice Boba Ice Tea. Maybe Danny Trejo can start carrying them and get one from his taco restaurant chain and get some on the show as a tie in .

#120 2 years ago
    Quoted from adol75:

The whole Vespa gang was just weird.

#121 2 years ago

Oh lord goddamn Mods have finally reached Star Wars!
    This one was def too much Robert Rodriguez, that chase was rough, but it was too funny which is his style. I mean and old lame dude in a boat being chased by slow ass Vespas.
    All I could think of was

#122 2 years ago
    Quoted from adol75:

More like a gang on 1950's motorcycles chasing a '63 Caddy.

#123 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh lord goddamn Mods have finally reached Star Wars!
    This one was def too much Robert Rodriguez, that chase was rough, but it was too funny which is his style. I mean and old lame dude in a boat being chased by slow ass Vespas.
    All I could think of was

YES ! That's it, that's what I had in mind but I couldn't put Costanza on it so I kept trying to remember. Thanks !

#124 2 years ago

How did Robert Rodriguez get so involved in this series? He’s ruining it.

The mod squad is terrible. Isn’t he supposed to be the head of a planet spanning crime organization or did everyone die on that barge? Is that why he’s force to recruit kids? The scope is just too small.

We need less Spy Kids and more Mando.

#125 2 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

I’ve seen it, and it isn’t that familiar. Not like Fistfull of Dollars, that is a direct rip off of one of his movies. Even some of the scenes are the same.

Lucas freely admits lifting characters and scenes from Hidden Fortress. The droids are clearly the 2 peasants and the princess is well.. the princess and in similar situations.

#126 2 years ago

I agree on all of the above posts. LOL

I'm still liking Boba, but I'm a HUGE SW fan and I'm easy to please. However.....(Spoilers)

Boba needs to be more bad ass. I understand he's trying to be a fair leader, but it just seems like everyone walks over him and if it wasn't for Fennac Shand he would be baking them pies in trying to be a good neighbor. I loved the idea of the Hutts giving Boba the Rancor as the gift. I can see Boba riding the Rancor in a battle scene coming up, possibly against the Pikes. Jabba's palace needs the Rancor to make it more intimidating. The tricycle chase scene just moved too slow for me and it just looked ridiculous. Those freedom fighters seem out of place and they need to be more darker and intimidating. They would look more comfortable in Lost in Space with Will Robinson and Dr. Smith than as a vigilante group in Star Wars. The fight scenes in Episodes 1 and 3 just seem to fake to me (as mentioned above in a perfect description). You know the big wookie is going to come back and assist Boba, since they use to work together as a bounty hunting team in the comics lore. Being a SW figure collector, I know Disney made the colored scooters so they can put them out later as a figure set and all they have to do is build the same scooter and give it a different color and collectors will still buy them regardless of it being the same mold. Kinda like what they do with the clone and storm troopers. Same figure, just painted differently while teasing the collectors to "buy them all".

The flashback episodes was nice and I was hoping to see him go after the clan who slaughtered the sand people. The only bad thing about the flashback scenes is it takes out the advancement of the story about what Boba is doing in the present time. I don't mind them showing how Boba got to where he is, but when we only get a half hour show, it just seems the time is limited in trying to portray (2) parts of his life.

AND WHERE IN THE HELL IS THE SLAVE ONE?

#127 2 years ago

Disney at its best - plenty more where this came from

#128 2 years ago

Makes me think of Medieval Madness every time I see these guys.

Gamorrean-Guards-Boba-Fett (resized).jpgGamorrean-Guards-Boba-Fett (resized).jpg

#129 2 years ago

I'm seeing some definite peaks and valleys with this show, and so far the valleys can be directly correlated with Rodriguez, which concerns me somewhat since he apparently directed at least one more of the remaining episodes. Looking at some of the strongest episodes of Mando makes me wish I was seeing names like Filoni, Famuyiwa, or Howard in the director's credit here.

I'm sticking with it, of course, because it's a show about Boba Fett. Duh.

#130 2 years ago

Will Boba Fett and Mando cross paths in this series or is there a story timeline issue?

#131 2 years ago
    Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Will Boba Fett and Mando cross paths in this series or is there a story timeline issue?

Can't be timeline issues since they were just together before it started.

#132 2 years ago

Shouldn't happen. As Mando was years and years after the start of Boba Fett

#133 2 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:Shouldn't happen. As Mando was years and years after the start of Boba Fett
    My understanding/guess so far is Boba meets din djarin shortly after his tribe was massacred. So present day yes it's a possibility they could crossover.

#134 2 years ago

No, the present time in BOBF is right after what we saw last in Mando.

The Mandalorian is set only a few years after the fall of the Empire.

Obviously the flash backs are the time right after the sail barge explosion. Soon the flashbacks will show when Boba saved Fennec after Mando left her for dead.

#135 2 years ago

Personally I'm okay with the series, it's not Mando but it's a good time waster. Low speed hover chase was weird

For me having Danny Trejo in the episode just made me smile

Still enjoying this series better than Hawkeye, but I'm behind on that

#136 2 years ago
    Quoted from Charles_Kline:

No, the present time in BOBF is right after what we saw last in Mando.
    The Mandalorian is set only a few years after the fall of the Empire.
    Obviously the flash backs are the time right after the sail barge explosion. Soon the flashbacks will show when Boba saved Fennec after Mando left her for dead.

Holy shit, i'm wayyy off.

#137 2 years ago

I wish people could stop comparing this to Mando. Hello it's not Mando don't worry though Mano Season 3 will be out soon. They're two totally different characters on two totally different quests. Mando didn't have any back-story at all so they could kick it off & make it more fast paced. With Fett it's the story of him going through the events shortly after ROTJ & his slow road to redemption/growth the philosophy of what's best for the tribe & becoming more selfless or at least this is my take on it.

#138 2 years ago

BTW I'm in the minority but I absolutely hated baby Yoda when he first appeared I felt it was incredibly lazy & shrunk the galaxy!! But after a couple of episodes I got over it...

#139 2 years ago

Quoted from acedanger:

So present day yes it's a possibility they could crossover.

WTF...Did you even watch Mando bruhs?!!?

Quoted from jesperpark:

Still enjoying this series better than Hawkeye, but I'm behind on that

Hawkeye was great, but Marvel does the opposite of taking shitty characters and making them interesting.

#140 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

WTF...Did you even watch Mando bruhs?!!?

Hawkeye was great, but Marvel does the opposite of taking shitty characters and making them interesting.

Hawkeye was the worst piece of garbage I've seen since the Eternals... the only semi redeeming quality was Florence Pugh even Jeremy renner looked disinterested 90% of the time. Ummm yes this leaves off shortly after Mando what's hard to follow?

#141 2 years ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

...even Jeremy renner looked disinterested 90% of the time. ...

You've actually seen him look interested before?!

#142 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

You've actually seen him look interested before?!

Ya it felt like he wasn't into it; & Hawkgirl really bested Kingpin now that shit just pissed me off this under experienced kid beats him; but in the comics even Spider-Man has a tough time taking him down. They bring back Kingpin to ruin his character ya show was shit.

#143 2 years ago

It thought I saw him look interested on WW84 but then anyone told me it was actually Pedro Pascal.

#144 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

It thought I saw him look interested on WW84 but then anyone told me it was actually Pedro Pascal.

I think anyone would wake up real quick if Gal was in the room sporting her costume

#145 2 years ago

Reflecting on the previous episode too, why the hell did the Tuskens continue to live near a dangerous train line when they have the whole Dune Sea that they could move around in. Also, who still moves all their stuff via a train in this world? Plus a train going through the Dune Sea with shifting sands, surely one bit of wind and the tracks would be covered in sand. Im glad the Tusken stuff appears to be done, if only Anakin could have come along and butchered them all earlier we wouldn't have had to deal with this garbage. At least someone finally stepped up to the mark in episode 3.

Very underwhelmed with episode 3 overall.

The extreme slow speed vespa chase with the power ranger kids - WTF??? Terrible! The CGI seems extremely bad, not sure if that's a budget issue?

Sadly Mando is more Boba Fett than Boba Fett. Seriously, all I see is helmet off, helmet on, helmet off, helmet on.... Leave the bloody helmet on. I mean he walks into the Cantina in a tough guy moment and immediately takes the damn thing off. There is no prescience or badass aura which we expect from Boba Fett. If I have to see Boba in his underwear one more time I swear I am going to throw something at the TV, enough of the Bacta Tank and Boba in his jocks. I mean we have even seen Boba Fett in a dressing gown. Just let that sink in for a moment, they gave us one of the Universes most badass bounty hunters, the guy that wasn't afraid to give Vader a bit of lip ("he's no good to me dead") in a fucking dressing gown!!!!

We got the Hutt story line which looked interesting but it seemed like they just cut that off and it went nowhere. "Here have a Rancor as a present, we're off". I'm guessing we will have to sit through a whole episode now of him training and bonding with the Rancor.

I liked Krrsantan, I have a feeling we will see him again. My guess is he will team up with Boba.

Im wondering if it's Robert Rodriguez that is part of the problem. He directed Episodes 1 & 3 and I was most underwhelmed with those. Episode 2 was the best of the 3 IMO.

I just hope a lot of this is backstory and now most of it is done and we can move forward now. We need to see badass Boba, not the Boba that is concerned with the towns unemployment or Fennec pulling a gun on the Mayor's offsider! Has Boba even shot his blaster in the current timeline?

#146 2 years ago
    Quoted from Slash:

Reflecting on the previous episode too, why the hell did the Tuskens continue to live near a dangerous train line when they have the whole Dune Sea that they could move around in. Also, who still moves all their stuff via a train in this world? Plus a train going through the Dune Sea with shifting sands, surely one bit of wind and the tracks would be covered in sand. Im glad the Tusken stuff appears to be done, if only Anakin could have come along and butchered them all earlier we wouldn't have had to deal with this garbage. At least someone finally stepped up to the mark in episode 3.
    Very underwhelmed with episode 3 overall.
    The extreme slow speed vespa chase with the power ranger kids - WTF??? Terrible! The CGI seems extremely bad, not sure if that's a budget issue?
    Sadly Mando is more Boba Fett than Boba Fett. Seriously, all I see is helmet off, helmet on, helmet off, helmet on.... Leave the bloody helmet on. I mean he walks into the Cantina in a tough guy moment and immediately takes the damn thing off. There is no prescience or badass aura which we expect from Boba Fett. If I have to see Boba in his underwear one more time I swear I am going to throw something at the TV, enough of the Bacta Tank and Boba in his jocks. I mean we have even seen Boba in a dressing gown. Just let that sink in for a moment, they gave us one of the Universes most badass bounty hunters, the guy that wasn't afraid to give Vader a bit of lip ("he's no good to me dead") in a fucking dressing gown!!!!
    We got the Hutt story line which looked interesting but it seemed like they just cut that off and it went nowhere. "Here have a Rancor as a present, we're off". I'm guessing we will have to sit through a whole episode now of him training and bonding with the Rancor.
    I liked Krrsantan, I have a feeling we will see him again. My guess is he will team up with Boba.
    Im wondering if it's Robert Rodriguez that is part of the problem. He directed Episodes 1 & 3 and I was most underwhelmed with those. Episode 2 was the best of the 3 IMO.
    I just hope a lot of this is backstory and now most of it is done and we can move forward now. We need to see badass Boba, not the Boba that is concerned with the towns unemployment or Fennec pulling a gun on the Mayor's offsider! Has Boba even shot his blaster in the current timeline?

Wow. This really hit home. I’ve kinda gotten in the groove of this “new boba,” and let a lot of this slide. But when you put it all in context, I really feel ripped off about not getting to have the badass boba I remember from my childhood (even if I made a lot of it up in my head…)

#147 2 years ago

Yep, he's too much of a pushover and is acting like a clueless twit.

The flashbacks need to stop and the helmet needs to stay ON.

#148 2 years ago

The wooden acting is driving me bananas. The characters deadpan every line.

Boba Fett finds the burning husk of the sand people village. He looks like he’s waiting in line at the DMV.

Boba Fett burns the bodies of his friends. He looks like he’s entering the early stages of anesthesia.

#149 2 years ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

I think anyone would wake up real quick if Gal was in the room sporting her costume

I used to work a job with a girl that was a gal Gadot doppleganger. I miss that job...

#150 2 years ago
    Quoted from Charles_Kline:

Yep, he's too much of a pushover and is acting like a clueless twit.
    The flashbacks need to stop and the helmet needs to stay ON.

Dude you need to move on; the Helmut is not staying on.
    Agreed with Mando the Helmut coming off is the worst part, but they've already shown this actor thru a bunch of movies constantly without a helmet so that seal is already broken.

There are 642 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/book-of-boba-fett-thoughts/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.