Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 642 posts
  • 109 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by paynemic
  • Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“How much are you liking BOBF? Scale is 1-Garbage to 10-Perfection”

• 1: Worst thing ever created 2 votes
      1%
    • 2: Jar Jar 6 votes
      4%
    • 3: Poor 14 votes
      9%
    • 4: DESW 1 vote
      1%
    • 5: Meh 25 votes
      17%
    • 6: Better than Meh 25 votes
      17%
    • 7: Good 42 votes
      28%
    • 8: Grogu 15 votes
      10%
    • 9: Ashoka Tano 12 votes
      8%
    • 10: Perfection 9 votes
      6%

(151 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E742DA8D-569C-4AA1-B938-020931548460 (resized).jpeg
    2022-02-25_14-29-19 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    larry_david (resized).jpg
    3fbd63ebd54e507d (resized).jpg
    22BA15BD-5E1E-40E0-A39C-11BB74ADCB56 (resized).jpeg
    B-arthur-ROTJ (resized).jpg
    KK-hut (resized).png
    hulk-smash (resized).jpg
    Boba and Mando.gif
    The-Book-of-Boba-Fett_poster (resized).jpg
    20220209_142113 (resized).jpg
    20220209_142158 (resized).jpg
    F6C6A748-EE7B-443E-93C4-AC296D353495 (resized).jpeg
    There are 642 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 13.
    #551 2 years ago

Let's all except mediocrity from Star Wars! It's a kid's show used to sell toys. There will never be any real risks taken.

Even if it's the worst fucking, most illegible plot imaginable, you all, me as well, will still consume the brand. Eps 7-9 for example.

Let's all enjoy it for what it is. CONSUME! I wonder where I can buy those land speeder Vespas toys at.

#552 2 years ago
    Quoted from acedanger:

Stupid question? Why don't they keep one director for the entire project/series???

They are for the Obiwan limited series. Deborah Chow is directing every episode. I like her work so far.

Say what you will about Lucas. Not all his ideas were great, and his directing was pretty flat in the prequels, but there's something to be said for having one guy in control of all the storytelling. At least it's consistent.

#553 2 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

They are for the Obiwan limited series. Deborah Chow is directing every episode. I like her work so far.
    Say what you will about Lucas. Not all his ideas were great, and his directing was pretty flat in the prequels, but there's something to be said for having one guy in control of all the storytelling. At least it's consistent.

Absolutely it makes the experience more cohesive!! I think Chow did the prison episode in Mando the one with Bill Burr?

#554 2 years ago
    Quoted from Friengineer:

Boba Fett as a show struggled with consistency in it's writing. Boba really didn't have a defined character arc. It would have made more sense for him to be weak after escaping the sarlac pit. He could have been really timid and wanted to change his ways of shooting people. Then over the series he changes back into a badass.

This comment made me think about how “Way of the Househusband” took a badass character, made him have a change of heart, and then dug into the repercussions of that shift throughout the season. Not suggesting that Boba should shift THAT much or that the show should try to be a comedy. Just agreeing that what was missing from BoBF was a clear motivation for his actions that act as a shorthand for setting up conflicts through the series. You realize within the first episode of Mando that he’s crossing everyone to protect this child and that conflict continues to drive the story even here. With Boba it’s either a revenge plot against the Pikes or seizing power in the absence of Jabba, but then his apparent changes of heart don’t reconcile well with either of those motives.

#555 2 years ago

Oh I spotted the whole premise of the Mando series right away. The baby choice in Episode 6 was cool to see too. I have the Lone Wolf & Cub Criterion Bluray Collection It's outstanding for anyone who's into Japanese 70s Samurai cinema.

#556 2 years ago
    Quoted from DaWezl:

Just agreeing that what was missing from BoBF was a clear motivation for his actions.

Shit even Cad Bane was questioning Boba's movations! "What I don't get is......what's your angle?"

When the characters in the show are calling out the questionable writing, then you're REALLY in trouble. Hahaha

#557 2 years ago

On 25 May I'll be watching the new Obi-Wan series with my family.

https://collider.com/obi-wan-kenobi-release-date-disney-plus/

The Bobba Fett series did a good job of being interesting and appealing to my entire family. I would have like it a bit darker but after all this is Disney. Of the live action series I would rate it in order: Mando Season 2, Mando Season 1, Book Of Bobba Fett.

Actually, let's start a fight. From best to worst:

1. The Empire Strikes Back
    2. A New Hope
    3. Rogue One
    4. Return of the Jedi
    5. The Mandolorian (TV Series)
    6. Revenge of the Sith
    7. Book of Bobba Fett (TV Series)
    8. Attack of the Clones
    9. A Solo Story
    10. Bad Batch (TV Series)
    11. Clone Wars (TV Series)
    12. The Phantom Menace
    13. The Force Awakens
    14. Clone Wars, The Movie
    15. Visions (TV Series)
    16.Star Wars Holiday Special (TV Special)
    17. The Rise Of Skywalker
    18. The Last Jedi

Not ranked because I haven't seen them: Droids, Ewoks, Clone Wars (old version), Rebels, Resistance, The Ewok Adventure, Ewoks: The Battle for Endor. I would assume they would all rank somewhere above Rise of Skywalker/Last Jedi

There has been some great Star Wars content recently. There has been some pretty bad stuff, but some great stuff too.

#558 2 years ago

I'll throw this out there too...

There's some chatter that you could hear a beeping sound on the final shot of Cad Bane laying on the ground. This could be a beacon sound that his droid & starship were en route to rescue him. So perhaps he's not dead after all? While I like the thought, this probably is wishful thinking.

Instead I'm willing to bet that we'll see a Cad Bane spinoff series within 3 years, because the main thing people will remember about this series is the live-action debut of Cad Bane, and the impressive deepfake tech of Luke. Fans will be dressing up at conventions, clamoring over time, wanting more of Cad Bane. We've never seen a Star wars character totally command his limited screen time since....well, Boba Fett.

And why not finally do the featured dark scum & villainy series that the fans really want? Just make it an underworld prequel show (or even a standalone movie) featuring Cad Bane & his cast of Bounty Hunter rivals & fan favorites.

What I'd REALLY love to see is the tale of Boba delivering Han Solo in carbonite from Cloud City to Jabba's Palace. How all great Bounty Hunters were on his ass trying to collect the greatest bounty in history. Cad Bane, Dengar, Bossk, IG-88 etc etc all on a chase through the Outer Rim & underworld, outmaneuvering one another to nab Jabba's biggest bounty. You could even cast a thin actor to play Boba with a Morrison voiceover to match the period. Helmet stays ON, Boba cold-blooded, disintegrating, etc etc. Fix the wrongs of the Book of Boba. No Jedi, no kiddie shit, straight up scum badassery.

Now that's a show IMO.

#559 2 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

The Bobba Fett series did a good job of being interesting and appealing to my entire family. I would have like it a bit darker but after all this is Disney. Of the live action series I would rate it in order: Mando Season 2, Mando Season 1, Book Of Bobba Fett.
    2. A New Hope
    3. Rogue One
    4. Return of the Jedi
    6. Revenge of the Sith
    8. Attack of the Clones
    9. A Solo Story
    12. The Phantom Menace
    13. The Force Awakens
    15. Visions (TV Series)
    18. The Last Jedi
    Not ranked because I haven't seen them: Droids, Ewoks, Clone Wars (old version), Rebels, Resistance, The Ewok Adventure, Ewoks: The Battle for Endor. I would assume they would all rank somewhere above Rise of Skywalker/Last Jedi
    There has been some great Star Wars content recently. There has been some pretty bad stuff, but some great stuff too.

Yup. I'd rather watch Bea Arthur tending bar in a Star Wars Cantina than sit though another second of Rey & the First Order. haha

#560 2 years ago
    B-arthur-ROTJ (resized).jpgB-arthur-ROTJ (resized).jpg
    #561 2 years ago

2. A New Hope
    3. Rogue One
    4. Return of the Jedi
    6. Revenge of the Sith
    8. Attack of the Clones
    9. A Solo Story
    12. The Phantom Menace
    13. The Force Awakens
    15. Visions (TV Series)
    18. The Last Jedi

I think your ranking is pretty damn close. In fact I dont think I would change it!

#562 2 years ago

2. A New Hope
    3. Rogue One
    4. Return of the Jedi
    6. Revenge of the Sith
    8. Attack of the Clones
    9. A Solo Story
    12. The Phantom Menace
    13. The Force Awakens
    15. Visions (TV Series)
    18. The Last Jedi

Attack of the Clones is at 8?!?! Blasephemy! I'd move that to the bottom and Rogue one down a notch and that's my list.

#563 2 years ago

BTW WTF was this shit?

Once Kennedy realizes how polarizing & disliked these biker kids are, they're gonna TRIPLE down on them.

Cobb Vanth is going to come out of that bacta tank, all cyber modded up, befriend & deputize the power rangers, and they're ALL gonna star in Cara Dune's cancelled but-soon-to-be-resurrected "Rangers of the New Republic"

Who's in?

#564 2 years ago

So Cad dies, but Amy Sedaris and junkie biker gang lives on. Such a waste.

#565 2 years ago

2. A New Hope
    3. Rogue One
    4. Return of the Jedi
    6. Revenge of the Sith
    8. Attack of the Clones

Put down the crack pipe ok?

#566 2 years ago

Another thing that doesn't make sense to me. Boba goes all the way back to Jabba's Palace and comes back with the Rancor. Why not come back in Slave 1 instead. It would have been much quicker, he would have had all the ships weapons such as Ion cannons (they should have dealt with the shields on those droid guns easily), seismic charges, concussion missile launchers, proton torpedos, laser cannons and blaster cannons. He also would have been more protected in Slave 1 than sitting on top of a Rancor that ended up going mental at the townspeople afterwards too.

So he's at Jabba's Palace and he looks at Slave 1 and goes "yeah, nahhhh I'll grab this Rancor instead it will be faster and more effective".

I also thought I noticed Cad Bane's life support was still on right at the end. But I can't be bothered going back to watch more closely.

Positive's from the series were Bane, Fennec and Black Krrsantan. I thought they were all cool characters.

#567 2 years ago

#568 2 years ago

The Drinker nails it again. Consume because it's Star Wars.

#569 2 years ago

#570 2 years ago

^^^ WTF? Is this guy on Disney payroll? What a horrible apologist, most of his explanations are a massive stretch and basically laughable.

#571 2 years ago
    Quoted from Slash:

^^^ WTF? Is this guy on Disney payroll? What a horrible apologist, most of his explanations are a massive stretch and basically laughable.

He's been somewhat critical of the same things that have bugged us, but yeah in that video he takes the side of the show.

But some stuff, like Boba's rocket coming back make 100% sense and was the main reason I posted it (as that was pointed out in this thread)

And some of these review channels can't be too harsh for fear their early access to the show will be taken away.

#572 2 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I'll throw this out there too...
    There's some chatter that you could hear a beeping sound on the final shot of Cad Bane laying on the ground. This could be a beacon sound that his droid & starship were en route to rescue him. So perhaps he's not dead after all? While I like the thought, this probably is wishful thinking.
    Instead I'm willing to bet that we'll see a Cad Bane spinoff series within 3 years, because the main thing people will remember about this series is the live-action debut of Cad Bane, and the impressive deepfake tech of Luke. Fans will be dressing up at conventions, clamoring over time, wanting more of Cad Bane. We've never seen a Star wars character totally command his limited screen time since....well, Boba Fett.
    And why not finally do the featured dark scum & villainy series that the fans really want? Just make it an underworld prequel show (or even a standalone movie) featuring Cad Bane & his cast of Bounty Hunter rivals & fan favorites.
    What I'd REALLY love to see is the tale of Boba delivering Han Solo in carbonite from Cloud City to Jabba's Palace. How all great Bounty Hunters were on his ass trying to collect the greatest bounty in history. Cad Bane, Dengar, Bossk, IG-88 etc etc all on a chase through the Outer Rim & underworld, outmaneuvering one another to nab Jabba's biggest bounty. You could even cast a thin actor to play Boba with a Morrison voiceover to match the period. Helmet stays ON, Boba cold-blooded, disintegrating, etc etc. Fix the wrongs of the Book of Boba. No Jedi, no kiddie shit, straight up scum badassery.
    Now that's a show IMO.

Don’t know if you’re into comics or not Hoaky, but the recent War of the Bounty Hunters storyline with Marvel Comics runs a story exactly like what you described as Boba’s adventure of taking the frozen Solo to Jabba while being pursued by the other bounty hunters. The premiere issue, drawn by Steve McNiven, is awesome and needs to be in any serious SW Collector’s library. The story arc continues thru the other Marvel SW books, but IMO it drags out too much and could have probably been told in 3-4 issues. Besides the first issue I told you about, I think the rest of the art could have been better. It’s like Marvel hooked you with the premiere issue’s art and then let anyone draw the rest of the story. There’s even a couple of ties to the Crimson Dawn syndicate thrown in there for good measure, along with the Hutts.

#573 2 years ago
    Quoted from Indypin:

Don’t know if you’re into comics or not Hoaky, but the recent War of the Bounty Hunters storyline with Marvel Comics runs a story exactly like what you described as Boba’s adventure of taking the frozen Solo to Jabba while being pursued by the other bounty hunters. The premiere issue, drawn by Steve McNiven, is awesome and needs to be in any serious SW Collector’s library. The story arc continues thru the other Marvel SW books, but IMO it drags out too much and could have probably been told in 3-4 issues. Besides the first issue I told you about, I think the rest of the art could have been better. It’s like Marvel hooked you with the premiere issue’s art and then let anyone draw the rest of the story. There’s even a couple of ties to the Crimson Dawn syndicate thrown in there for good measure, along with the Hutts.

I am aware of it, but I haven’t read it. Perhaps when it’s all released as a collected edition. Too complicated, crossovers, bloated…. I usually don’t bother with stuff like that.

But generally speaking, I don’t care for the Marvel SW comics they put out today. I don’t like the fact that Marvel claims that comics are now “cannon” & explain backstories that won’t get covered in movies/tv. Most the ideas are bad & it puts other content creators in a limited box. I just ignore them, like 95% of the general public.

#574 2 years ago

Man, some of you need to lighten up. So SO SO much better content than the last trilogy gave us and still the bitching. I LOVED the finaly- besides scooter kids haha.

Anyone else notice the end credits song they clearly say fett- and boba? I never noticed that, did they change it a bit on the last episode or has it always been that?

#575 2 years ago

Ok, this gave me a chuckle. Piggie backs some of the comments from before.

#576 2 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I am aware of it, but I haven’t read it. Perhaps when it’s all released as a collected edition. Too complicated, crossovers, bloated…. I usually don’t bother with stuff like that..

Typical Marvel, I stopped collecting and sold off damn near the height of the market back in the day because they would drag out some story arc through lesser titles to try and prop up sales.

#577 2 years ago
    Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Man, some of you need to lighten up. So SO SO much better content than the last trilogy gave us and still the bitching. I LOVED the finaly- besides scooter kids haha.
    Anyone else notice the end credits song they clearly say fett- and boba? I never noticed that, did they change it a bit on the last episode or has it always been that?

Agree to disagree. I’m routinely shocked by the variety of Star Wars opinions out there!

#578 2 years ago

Dang that final battle was a hot mess

Yeah probably... If you are 12 years old.

#579 2 years ago

I don’t care what any one else says, boba fett riding a rancor saved the series.

That and the return of mando.

#580 2 years ago

I loved the whole show. Its easy to pick apart at it but I would just honestly rather enjoy the journey and not take the show or myself too seriously. Cad Bane was absolutely brilliant and the best new star wars villain in decades. I sure do hope we see that character again.

It was more enjoyable and cohesive than the entirety of the 3 part sequel trilogy.

I honestly don't care one way or another if they ever do a season two of this show because the whole universe has become so comingled that the title really doesn't matter. The Obi-Wan show will probably have callbacks and crossovers to this and god knows what else. That's part of the fun I think.

Agreed, the scooter kids were a bit misplaced...or it was something about the visuals of the oversaturated colors on those bikes that were trying to look 1950s retro but ended up just sticking out like a sore thumb. If their vehicles had simply been more run-of-the-mill and not trying so hard to stand out, the distraction wouldn't have been a thing.

#581 2 years ago

I was definitely underwhelmed at the start of the series, and the slow motion scooter chase was awful, but the last three episodes were awesome! I loved it and am excited to see what else they come up and how the story continues!

#582 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dkjimbo:

The Obi-Wan show will probably have callbacks and crossovers to this and god knows what else. That's part of the fun I think.

That would be confusing since Obi-Wan takes place between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope, and Mando/Boba Fett take place after Return of the Jedi (where Obi-Wan is an old man ghost).

#583 2 years ago
    22BA15BD-5E1E-40E0-A39C-11BB74ADCB56 (resized).jpeg22BA15BD-5E1E-40E0-A39C-11BB74ADCB56 (resized).jpeg
    #584 2 years ago

Me and another person as well as my wife did not notice that until the last episode. Was it more pronounced or something?

#585 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dkjimbo:

Agreed, the scooter kids were a bit misplaced...or it was something about the visuals of the oversaturated colors on those bikes that were trying to look 1950s retro but ended up just sticking out like a sore thumb. If their vehicles had simply been more run-of-the-mill and not trying so hard to stand out, the distraction wouldn't have been a thing.

Tattoine has a very distinct look that's been established for 45 years. Places like Coruscant and Naboo had their own looks and technology. These bikes stood out in the worst ways. I'm generally more forgiving of Boba Fett, but that was a complete misfire.

#586 2 years ago

I'm guessing it has been posted, but did everyone see past the art clips and catch the last scene with the sheriff in the healing tank.

#587 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

I'm guessing it has been posted, but did everyone see past the art clips and catch the last scene with the sheriff in the healing tank.

Yep. He's too big of a character being portrayed by a wonderful actor to have him killed off like that.

Most, in not all, of the Marvel movies always have an end credit scene in their movies as well.

#588 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

I saw the tank scene but didn't figure out who it was until I looked it up. I'm happy to see that character stick around.

#589 2 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Tattoine has a very distinct look that's been established for 45 years. Places like Coruscant and Naboo had their own looks and technology. These bikes stood out in the worst ways. I'm generally more forgiving of Boba Fett, but that was a complete misfire.

I get where you're coming from, but ever go to a quiet, conservative town and spot the couple young folks with their dyed mohawks and leather? It kind of felt like that.

#590 2 years ago
    Quoted from roffels:

I get where you're coming from, but ever go to a quiet, conservative town and spot the couple young folks with their dyed mohawks and leather? It kind of felt like that.

Yup. I accept that I'm turning into an old grump.

#591 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

I thought it left a lot to be desired in the writing dept.
    So two of the greatest bounty hunters in the galaxy and a master assassin are going to take siege advice from Vespa scooter girl? Was such a jarring moment it took me right out of the show.
    At Jabba's palace you have defenses, the rancor, Slave 1 and The Mandalorian's ship for fire support. Was monumentally stupid to make a stand where they did.
    As predicted, baby Yoda made the predicted choice based on Disney internal politics & investments.
    The CGI was very good this episode. Bane was very good, I don't think we will see the last of him.

Weak writing (dialouge and storyline) and weak directing! The action scenes looked like a low budget SYFY channel show.

#592 2 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

So two of the greatest bounty hunters in the galaxy and a master assassin are going to take siege advice from Vespa scooter girl?

This made me laugh.

#593 2 years ago
    Quoted from Tomass:

It's a Disney show, it was perfectly illustrated in the final battle, all the good guys are bullet proof the bad guys die with one shot.

#594 2 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

This made me laugh.

Please see post #575

#595 2 years ago

Is there a good Mando thread? Since this show morphed into Mando season 2.5 and we have some momentum here, I’m wondering about continuing this as a Mando/boba thread? I searched for one and couldn’t find any threads except Mando pin threads

#596 2 years ago

I couldn't stand what happened to the Star Wars franchise. Then Jon Favreau gave us Mando and Bubba.

Thank you man. Keep going!!

#597 2 years ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

Is there a good Mando thread? Since this show morphed into Mando season 2.5 and we have some momentum here, I’m wondering about continuing this as a Mando/boba thread? I searched for one and couldn’t find any threads except Mando pin threads

I believe there is a mando thread I remember similar discussions dig deeper With your search .
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mandolorian-by-disney-thoughts-discussions

#598 2 years ago
    Quoted from paynemic:

The main Star Wars Thread covers everything. The title of the thread is confusing tho.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spoilers-star-wars-the-last-jedi-is-really-bad-spoilers

#600 2 years ago
    Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

The main Star Wars Thread covers everything. The title of the thread is confusing tho.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spoilers-star-wars-the-last-jedi-is-really-bad-spoilers

OP should change it to something like All things Star Wars or Star Wars movies and Disney+ shows. Just a thought.

There are 642 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/book-of-boba-fett-thoughts/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.