Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by HowardR
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Capture (resized).PNG

#1 4 months ago

the Bonus Unit on this Gottlieb Sure Shot Pinball doesn't always reset. Ball is in the outhole, all score reels are reset to "0" but it won't kick the ball to shooter lane because(I assume)the Bonus Unit stepper hasn't reset. If I reset the Bonus unit manually I can play many games and the problem never shows again until the machine comes back from it's owner. the ball is always sitting in the outhole, score units have reset to zereo but startup sequence hasn't completed due to the Bonus Unit not resetting. Any ideas or tips on what might be going on would be appreciated. I'm faily new to these EM type machines so if anyone can help would be great. Thank you.

#2 4 months ago

Have you done a tear down, clean, and lube on the unit? Does it have the correct tension on the return spring?

#3 4 months ago

Seems to always reset when I hold the ball return switch after starting a game. I'll heed your advice. I'm kinda stuck now because once I reset the bonus unit all is well and game works every time until I return the machine to it's owner. It always comes back with the same issue, score reels reset to zero, bonus unit not reset and ball sitting in outhole. I'm aware of intermittant issues with theses types of machines but this one has been a real bugger. Thanks for your help so far.

#4 4 months ago

These are the two sw. that lead into Reset Bonus Unit, so check for cleanliness and solid contact.

Capture (resized).PNG
#5 4 months ago
Quoted from tnarv:

once I reset the bonus unit all is well and game works every time until I return

Then don't do that. Does the ball kick out when you start a new game?

#6 4 months ago

Cleaned the contacts on motor 4-C which I assume sends the power to bonus reset coil. The contacts there seem fine. Also cleaned and checked all contacts on the start relay and ball return relay. Probably wouldn't hurt to check the scoring reel reset contacts. I did find a wire that was never properly soldered on one of the scoring reels(can't remember which one)but if I leave the wire disconnected the machine(since i reset the bonus unit manually)works every time. I've played 30 or 40 games on this machine every time it comes in and I can't duplicate the problem. I will double check the scoring reels and see if any of those have any issues. Is the 10's reel the key reel that must reset for the start-up sequence to continue or does all of the reels have to close the reset swithch? Like I stated earlier, all reels are reset to zero when the machine comes in and the ball is sitting in the outhole. I try to start a game with this scenerio and the ball doesn't kick out. It's like it's still waiting for something else to happen first. Thanks for all your suggestions so far.

#7 4 months ago
Quoted from tnarv:

all reels are reset to zero when the machine comes in and the ball is sitting in the outhole. I try to start a game with this scenerio and the ball doesn't kick out. It's like it's still waiting for something else to happen first.

What are the Motor, the Ball Return relay (O), and the Bonus Score Control relay (Q) doing when this happens?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Houtzdale, PA
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 400.00
Playfields
Maple Street Sign Shop
$ 5,899.99
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 248.85
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 19.95
$ 29.95
Apparel - Unisex
The GameRoom Store
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 32.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D MODS
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Cobra Amusements
Electronics
nvram.weebly.com
$ 9.90
Playfields
The Super Fasteners
$ 24.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside