(Topic ID: 215433)

Ballys Aladdin's Castle Bonus tree indicator lights.

By funkyjuice

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180424_195514 (resized).jpg
Alladins Castle bonus lights (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Bally Aladdin's Castle. Bonus indicators won't light up and if they do, go out. No lose or burnt out bulbs. I don't know what causes them to light up or go out. And when play is complete, bonus clicks off but no indicators are lit. Everything else is working properly, just the bonus tree is not lighting up. No consistency as to what's causing it. Any suggestions? It would be in great working condition if it wasn't for this issue.

#2 6 years ago

The Bonus lights are driven by the Bonus Unit disk (likely on a big stepper unit):
Alladins Castle bonus lights (resized).jpgAlladins Castle bonus lights (resized).jpg
The fact that the bonus is added correctly implies that the disk is moving as it should. If all of the lights go on or off together, or none of them work at all I'd suspect the 6V supply lines going to the Bonus Unit. Find where the yellow and white wires attach to the Bonus Unit and check the voltage where they attach. If the voltage is good, trace the yellow and white wires onto the Bonus Unit looking for where they should attach to the disk, wipers, contacts, etc. You could just have a broken jumper somewhere on the Bonus Unit.

/Mark

#3 6 years ago

Thank you Mark. Located the bonus unit disc. Was working properly as you mentioned. The fix was easy after that. Dirty contacts on the wheel. Once I cleaned all riveted contacts, working perfect. Even counts down with all lights doing what they are suppose to do. Thanks for guiding me in the right direction. Now my machine is working properly. Again thank you.
Frank.

#4 6 years ago

20180424_195514 (resized).jpg20180424_195514 (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bonus-tree-indicators and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.