(Topic ID: 258426)

Bonus arrows sporadically lit. Is this the AS-style "I" relay again?

By TeaHaus

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by TeaHaus
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Royal-Flush-pinside-pic (resized).jpg
RFschematicsIrelay (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MarkG.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago

The double arrow inside the dashed box labeled "I Relay Disc" represents a small wiper on the I relay that gets rotated as the relay advances. The wiper connects different points on the contact board beneath it. The I relay has 10 positions so this pattern is repeated twice on the contact board that controls the lights. Chances are that the wiper that controls the arrow lights isn't making reliable contact with all of the positions on the contact board.

You may be able to manually advance the I relay and see the arrows on the playfield advance. That would help you identify which contacts aren't reliable.

Note that there are two wipers and two contact boards so check the wire colors to identify which board controls the lights.

/Mark

#8 4 years ago

Have you already checked the I relay wipers? Are they clean and tensioned? You might also check the I relay jones plugs. They usually have their own jones plugs so they can be removed from the game for servicing.

#11 4 years ago

I thought all the scoring was working properly? Now it sounds like neither the arrows nor the scoring is working consistently.

Have a close look at the two small wipers on either side of the I relay. As they advance they should always land in the center of the copper pads on the contact board. It sounds like your wipers may not be. Also check the boards for signs of wear, burning or pitting.

Quoted from TeaHaus:

it kind of works and kind of not works!! (isn't that the way with these EM's)

I respectfully disagree. If it's intermittent there's still work to do but with few exceptions it can be made reliable.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Las Vegas, NV
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MarkG.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bonus-arrows-sporadically-lit-is-this-the-as-style-i-relay-again?tu=MarkG and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.