Quoted from MarkG:
Have you already checked the I relay wipers? Are they clean and tensioned? You might also check the I relay jones plugs. They usually have their own jones plugs so they can be removed from the game for servicing.
Hi Mark: I did have the I relay out, cleaned both bakelite boards (nice and shiny), teflon gel on them, carefully cleaned the plastic gear cogs with alcohol, made sure it was stepping nicely, and cleaned the two switches sandwiched in-between the bakelite boards. Here's what's happening when I down all the targets on ball one of a 3-ball game.
1. All the bonus lights come on and the targets score the correct amount.
2. Drain the ball
3. Bonus count starts (should be 15 000 added to the score)
4. 4000 of the 15000 score, 1000 (first bonus level) scores but no yellow arrow; nothing on the 2000 bonus level; 3000 bonus level scores with the arrow
lit; nothing on the 4000 bonus level (no light); and nothing on the 5000 bonus level and again no light.
5. Ball gets ejected into shooter lane. Ball 2
6. Knock down all targets. Double-bonus is lit. Should add 30 000 to score.
7. 1000 bonus level scores with arrow light working. 2000 bonus level scores with arrow light not lit; 3000 bonus level scores but no light; 4000 bonus
level scores with arrow light flickering. 5000 bonus level scores 1000 with no arrow light working. 9000 short of bonus that should have been added to
8 Ball 3. Knock down all targets. 30 000 should be added to score
9. 1000 bonus level scores with bonus arrow lit; 2000 bonus level scores but no arrow lit; 3000 bonus level scores with arrow lit; 4000 bonus level scores
with arrow lit; 5000 bonus level scores with no arrow lit.
Not sure what all that accomplishes but it kind of works and kind of not works!! (isn't that the way with these EM's)