(Topic ID: 325074)

Bond pricing first week

By OGpinball

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

Ready for same sage wisdom, some grumpiness and general whinging about people’s lot in life here.

The last two games I have bought I paid a premium for the premium (model that is). I did not bemoan the seller, I asked the price, negotiated a bit, paid it.

For my Deadpool, I waited a bit after release, was patient, got the trade I wanted and would up paying about $7750 for it. I was happy.

I have a Bond Premium coming. Due to some commitments I might sell it and hope that I can get another later. Maybe I will, maybe I won’t

Looking back I paid the equivalent with travel I pd $11,250 for a Maiden Premium and $10,050 for Godzilla.

What should I price a first week Bond Premium at if I decide to sell new in box? (Message me if you want one!)

Please do not get yourself all flustered with this topic. If you feel stressed there are some hotlines you can call or run to Wal Mart and get one of those sweet pinball rigs.

I am following presales here on LE’s which I find interesting, sorry if I missed chats on Premium. I wish I could afford an LE

Cheers

#2 1 year ago
    Quoted from OGpinball:

I wish I could afford an LE

Me too. I wouldn't buy one becasue I find them repugnant; but I wish I had that much folding monies.

#3 1 year ago

Honestly, it depends on when you get it. An in hand hot title is worth more than one you could get in 6 months or a year, and I don't know what the supply chain will look like next year. GZ has been a unique case as you still can't get a premium in stock (and I hope you are enjoying my old one, bank mod and all). I would also note that you can almost always get a better deal on a NIB or recent hot pin if you go cash or Trades +/- cash... like that Godzilla. There are lots of people out there that would rather trade than sell and pay with cash.

Also of note your old JP Prem got traded for a G&R LE delivered last week.

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Honestly, it depends on when you get it. An in hand hot title is worth more than one you could get in 6 months or a year, and I don't know what the supply chain will look like next year. GZ has been a unique case as you still can't get a premium in stock (and I hope you are enjoying my old one, bank mod and all). I would also note that you can almost always get a better deal on a NIB or recent hot pin if you go cash or Trades +/- cash... like that Godzilla. There are lots of people out there that would rather trade than sell and pay with cash.
    Also of note your old JP Prem got traded for a G&R LE delivered last week.

Your Godzilla is in very good shape - love it. Added Stern side rails (my first mod)

Yeah - I am debating on Bond - do not want to be the guy charging top $, but I have paid top $ before so I won’t lose sleep.

#5 1 year ago

I think/hope the days of getting more than MSRP are over. With these recent increases across all manufacturers, it sure seems that way to me.

#6 1 year ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I think/hope the days of getting more that MSRP are over. With these recent increases across all manufacturers, it sure seems that way to me.

I am sure there will be a market for higher prices, but I agree the days of $12,500 premiums are done!? Right? Lol

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I think/hope the days of getting more than MSRP are over. With these recent increases across all manufacturers, it sure seems that way to me.

Until Stern cand drop ship new releases to all launch day paid in full customers by the time they launch their next game, there will be a premium for aleast some titles. If you look at games that sell for a premium over MSRP today, the one thing they have in common is that you can't walk into a dealer and buy it at MSRP.

#8 1 year ago

The hype train appears to have derailed and this isn’t Godzilla. I doubt this game has the same kind of “scalping window” that we saw last year on select titles.

You should price it for what you paid for it - slap on an extra $1,000 if you want to test the waters but I think the days Of instant flipping games that are still in production for a sizable profit are over. You can already buy Bond LE “spots” for face value.

And of course, the market will soon be flooded with “in hand” bonds for sale which happens with every new title. That won’t help your path to riches either.

#9 1 year ago

Eh, I’d just sell it for what you paid. If you got stuck with shipping, add it to the price. If taxes, add it. Or offer it as trade to trade down if you need some cash?!

#10 1 year ago

Just don't by anything new in box for about a year and a half until things calm down. You can pick up a used model after that at a cheaper price....
    It's easy as that.
    This is just a hobby for a lot of people. If you break even or loose a little on a sale doesn't matter, it's just a hobby.
    Not a retirement fund........

#11 1 year ago

Msrp, no more, no less. It’s all it’s worth

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-pricing-first-week and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.