FB2C5C38-17F0-45D4-BCED-57EF94539DCE (resized).jpeg
E873B6CA-F0F2-4C5E-8589-E5B0B96E2CAF (resized).jpeg
ABFA1B74-F8DD-4DAE-B74F-110B222F23D0 (resized).jpeg
A8461CA8-3529-4922-9A2F-EEB6517CA7A5 (resized).jpeg
20221216_225500 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 VIDEO: Bond Game Trailer 9-22-22 Posted by mrossman5 (1 year ago)

Post #744 First pics Posted by Marv (1 year ago)

Post #4724 VIDEO: Live gameplay from London 9-26-22 Posted by KevInBuffalo (1 year ago)

Post #5159 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by J85M (1 year ago)

Post #7103 James Bond club thread Posted by Daditude (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john1210.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#231 1 year ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Buy! Buy!! BUY!!!
No no no !
Let's wait and see.. Franchi Art ?
Full assets to 3 or four Connery Films ?
Full Themes songs, not clips ?
Amazing fun layout ?
No giant $1000 price increase?
If these criteria are met, could be amazing.
Play it first, love it, then throw money at Gary's Vodka budget.

Unfortunately there is no try before you buy option if its an LE model. And they are typically the best packagr and of course holding value.

#693 1 year ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

New Super Awesome Pinball Podcast, Franchi makes it crystal clear that he is not working with Stern, with no hope for future work.
Get ready for Licencer approved 60th anniversary Boring Artwork.
This news is completely awful, Stern has decided they're not gonna work with the best Artist in Pinball, and rely on Bland Cartoony artwork.
Big disappointment.

Pinball hobiests have endured many years of poor art, particularly from Stern during the photoshop years... the games are still fun to play. If its not the best art its not a deal breaker and tomorrow the sun will rise. Just wait before judgement. It may turn out a great package.

#1181 1 year ago

Im digging it. Typical cool quirky Gomez. Such a great designer. Lots of innovation with minimal cookie cutting. The art is obviously going to be the weak link but I think its fine and it won't matter in the long term. I dont enjoy b66 and gotg because its franchi on art. I dont love JP because I see Johnny craps art on it. Sorry but the emphasis on negatives around the art is a bit of a toss and is already getting old imo. Its fine get over it.

#1253 1 year ago

People are noting the art resemblance to thunderbirds like its a bad thing...

Guys the art on thunderbirds definitely was not the problem with that game

#1257 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That naked, exposed ramp edge on the left side of the right ramp going into that shot is going to be hell on balls. Missed shots will go full steam into the exposed end of a metal ramp. That's some engineering there.

There are similar ramp edge issues on some elwin designs also.... marvel entry for example. That edge murders balls. If you look closely the left side of the far right ramp has a post... just hiding under the wireform.

#1264 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

I still don't see how a shot to the left orbit is strong enough to make that steep hill/ramp. I almost wonder if that's somewhere else the jetpack can drop the ball down or something.

Gomez did a similar shot on his avengers. Shouldn't be an issue.

#1272 1 year ago
Quoted from curban:

Is it possible the jet pack arm does more than swing back and forth…maybe it extends further out into the playfield in which case the arm would need a little more structure.

I think there may be a vertical opto on his jet pack? Where it stays back over the ramp there is also a visible hole. Only a guess

#1278 1 year ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

So aside from hating on the artwork, the exposed ramp edges (clearly terrible engineering, according to you), and this atrocious arm that supports the jetpack Bond, you're all in right?

Pretty sure there is a post protecting the left edge of that right ramp for the orbit shot. Its hiding in the pics.

#1915 1 year ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

let's face it... all this bickering about art packages, toy mechanics, model differences, film choices. yet, in about 6 months time, 70% of y'all will own one of these, already have a life-size bond figurine on top of the backbox, installed a genuine Walther PPK as the shooter rod, and somehow found a way to illuminate the tilt bob with LED's. All while voting it into the top 10 of all time. So let's just cut past all the BS, and wait for the game to arrive!

So in short you're suggesting to collapse pinside?

#2045 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

I'm not ashamed to stand with historically marginalized, persecuted, and attacked cultural minorities who have to fight like hell to simply be afforded basic respect and try to climb out of enormous holes of disadvantage and inequity. If that makes me woke, then so be it.
And to be clear, I'm referring to constantly outraged older straight white males who lose their shit over society electing to use different words. We must shield and protect these delicate porcelain snowflakes from evolving perspectives that do not align with their persistent worldviews at all costs.

Care to add some facts and statistics to back up to vomit you just sent forth?

1 week later
#3948 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

You guys made some good points-I agree with David on the cost pricing analysis.
Everyone seems goo goo over the 'Toys' and that is where I am not as impressed. The eject mech fits the theme but it is not interactive and is just a cheap die-cast car with a roof flap cut out. The jetpack(bond on a wand) fits the theme but will it really have any strategy. I do not believe it will go past tank because they would not want the ball dropping on top of other parts that could break. Even if you can control it with flippers-looks linear and may be just a flow killer. Scuba Diver under window fits the theme but again not interactive and mainly for show. The rocket is TBD with its interaction and how it is integrated with sounds, lighting, and video. I think for James Bond fans that want the 'show' the Premium/LE may be the route to go. For those who just want more flow and less show(for half the price)-the pro may be the way to go. I do like the dual ramps(probably my favorite part of this game), the combo possibilities and the depth of all the available modes and paths(may be a journey pin). I do love the teal color on LE(very sharp) but I do not like the side blades Stern chose. The LE with the underwater scene is screaming for some underwater scuba diver blades that would tie in better(holy nit picker).

They wouldn't care about the ball dropping. The t rex on my jp premium throws the ball all over the place.

1 week later
#5373 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I hope it's more exciting than it looks. I like it but not for $2700 over a Pro.

The bobble head deadpool toy looks about as exciting as watching paint dry, but most hobbiests love deadpool still. The rocket toy is typical Gomez kinetics... it will be cool.

1 week later
#5938 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

"Pinball Woke". That is hilarious..

Of course pinball has always been woke... I'm going to put my 007 next to my whoa Nellie, sexy girl, luci, and Stern playboy, when it arrives.

#5958 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

I will not be watching this or any other stream until I get my game. It's already bought and paid for, so I want to discover all the ins and outs myself rather than watching someone else do it. After I've played 50 or so games, I'll watch Ray Davidson or someone playing it on a stream so I can learn how to score and progress though the game.

Watching a game before I play makes zero difference to my experience when I play it but each to their own.

I do agree with your comment on watching another stream though. I really feel stern should be trying someone else for reveal streams. JD streams always have some problem. The last stream for example the rush game was set up with an extremely sensitive tilt bob and it kept firing over the stream. He just overlooks the basics... very lackadaisical approach which is fine for his own streams but stern should get on him for the reveals. His efforts at the twippys was a joke.

#6023 1 year ago
Quoted from ShooterMcD:

Loved the stream and hearing from Gomez. Game play, flow and shots were a “C+” for me.
Loved:
the left orbit/feed back to right flipper
Upper flipper combos
Lock shot
Meh:
Pops
Clunky shots into left scoop
No right orbit (may get coded to drop the top post)
Pops
Shots into Bird One un-inspiring
Pops

Not all games need to have the elwin Godzilla avengers flow, Gomez is known for these types of kinetics in his games and they are all the better for it. A bit of clunk and reduced ball motion is a good mix with his more flowy shots. I think the kinetics around the bird one and the cftbl shot are great and welcomed. Not every shot in a game needs to flow into a ramp or complete into a combo.

3 weeks later
#6671 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It’s not him alone anymore. Mike V is a big part of the equation and I can’t think of a Gomez game that didn’t ultimately knock it out of the park.
The Lonnie knock, ancient history. Talking about today

I agree... I had my problems with Lonnie years back, but he's really hit his stride again last couple of games.

#6781 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Relax and do what I do, just play them on location. I'm having just as much fun with my £1 game as anyone who owns the machine.

Thats like telling a smoker that patches work the same...

#6851 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I just paid for my LE. I'm a bond nut so I was always going to be suckered by this game.
Prices for this LE are mental, its even worse here in the UK owing to the weak pound:
007 LE is £4000 more than Godzilla LE - its complete madness.
FOUR THOUSAND POUNDS MORE
This time last year a pro was around £6700 (!) HOW THE FUCK CAN 007 have gone up by more than HALF the price of a PRO from last year? It make ZERO sense.
I'm out on LE purchases for sure, but 007 premium is the same price as Godzilla LE -> WTF?!
Powercoat, speakers and art blades are £200 so its now a total no brainer.
also waiting for the hilarity that will be the 007 SLE price. I've had a defibrillator installed in my bank managers office.
Neil.

Yet we still pull the trigger... $20500 here in Australia. Elwin version im guessing will be 25-30k. Here they tend to hold their value quite well so its not really a risk. I tell myself its just parking my money somewhere other than the bank. Makes me feel better.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
$ 55.00
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Methuen, MA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.95
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 385.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

8,199 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider john1210.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club?tu=john1210 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.