FB2C5C38-17F0-45D4-BCED-57EF94539DCE (resized).jpeg
E873B6CA-F0F2-4C5E-8589-E5B0B96E2CAF (resized).jpeg
ABFA1B74-F8DD-4DAE-B74F-110B222F23D0 (resized).jpeg
A8461CA8-3529-4922-9A2F-EEB6517CA7A5 (resized).jpeg
20221216_225500 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 VIDEO: Bond Game Trailer 9-22-22 Posted by mrossman5 (1 year ago)

Post #744 First pics Posted by Marv (1 year ago)

Post #4724 VIDEO: Live gameplay from London 9-26-22 Posted by KevInBuffalo (1 year ago)

Post #5159 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by J85M (1 year ago)

Post #7103 James Bond club thread Posted by Daditude (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider haymaker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#733 1 year ago

probably won't get bond flying the jetpack on the pro

#812 1 year ago

I'm excited. It looks really cool! Art isn't the best thing in the world but I can deal with that

#817 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Looks like the Sun roof opens on the Aston for the ball to shoot out.

It does!

Jetpack seems cool like the helicopter in rescue 911 or the wand in pinball magic. He flys over and it looks like you want to try to drop the ball on that target on the dragon tank from dr no

#1424 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Only pro I ever preferred was TWD
If you got the cash and it's for your personal collection - always go premium!!!

Never played Aerosmith? Pro is wayyy better, IMO

#1494 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Bond home edition?

I've been saying this ever since George said he was designing the "cornerstone" version and that there would be a special surprise. I still think it makes the most sense, Keith designing another all original bond game would be shocking but not out of the realm of possibility. Lets not forget that this launch should technically be game 3 for the year yet its only game 2. If Elwin is making a special made to order version it would definitely shake things up!

#1507 1 year ago
Quoted from sawyerfamilyaz:

It means people still accept whatever they see blindly. Kaneda also said in February it was Jaws for sure. And in December said Venom was the next title after Rush. What he says has zero meaning unless it comes with pictures or evidence.

Venom was supposed to be next. Stern decided to stop new game production in order to get caught up with back orders.

#1519 1 year ago
Quoted from sawyerfamilyaz:

You’re just saying that based on unsubstantiated things from the internet. Which people then repeat as facts.

As opposed to what source of yours?

#1744 1 year ago
Quoted from RGR:

Lol how can someone not know that LCDs are new tech? Someone saying they played "this" SW in the 70s doesnt know left from right

I literally see it constantly at my local pub. I explain to people that these are new games and their mind is blown. The LCD means nothing to them. The only game that sometimes people make a connection to being new is Mandalorian and even then they don't connect the fact that the other games have the same tech.

#1763 1 year ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

I have a hunch that Elwin is doing a special Bond pin, and is retheming either Jurassic (jeep is aston martin, trex ramp is jetpack bond, and raptor tower is a missile silo) or a retheme of maiden since originally it was Archer which is a take on Bond.
Thoughts?

Word on the street is the rumored Elwin's Bond 60th special edition is a street level game, no ramps. Why would they waste Elwin on a retheme?

#1768 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Oh, great a 30K classic Stern retheme/reimagining a la Beatles?

Very possibly. I didn't think of the classic retheme/reimagining angle but thats certainly a possibility. Yes, it'll be expensive lol

Quoted from Darth_Chris:

The street level game would make a lot of sense for a cash grab since it requires way less parts and time to build. With the supply chain problem that would be a great way for Stern to make a ton of these.

These games are supposedly going to be made to order too and dealers set the price so I'm sure it'll take a certain clientele to buy these games.

#1784 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

How about The Home Pin?
Reach a larger market that way with a popular theme.

My original guess what that it would be a home model, got a lot of laughs from doubters but it made sense to me. I kinda doubt that theory now although it still makes more sense to me than a super LE

#1920 1 year ago
Quoted from Had:

Do we think this area will allow for the ball to pass through this gate in the blue path?
Bond might be a flow-monster.
[quoted image]

Yes I saw Cary Hardy talking about that. It looks to me like the same mech thats used on Deadpool. It just lets the ball pass through it or not.

#2125 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I am curious about what the rocket does
I hope at the very minimum it goes vertically up and down.
The dream being it goes down far enough that it is a subway gobblehole

I want to know if the rocket moves and what the scuba bond thing does. Ugh this wait is driving me crazy. We saw leaked mando pics a day early and it wasn't a huge deal, see bond pics a day early and all hell has broken loose. I still don't buy the respect for the queen story, at least not fully.

#2236 1 year ago

Man this game looks awesome. I gotta say, the playfield art really isn't that bad either. I think we gave the art a lot more grief than it deserved. Did anyone happen to grab some high rez pics of the premium playfield before they got taken down?

#2284 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Odd there is a target plastic riveted to hood of tank car.

Its not odd at all, its been discussed in length multiple times over. Most likely have to drop the ball on the target with the jetpack

#3209 1 year ago

HAHAHAHA HAS ANYONE NOTICED THE ROCKET LOOKS LIKE A PENIS!???

Yes, Austin Powers did that joke ages ago...

#3213 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

He’s also a narcissistic self-obsessed douchebag by a huge margin. Ultimately, the “information” he correctly scoops 1 out of 10 times is meaningless. You would have found out one way or another… and he had zero info about what’s in the game itself.
He’s literally a tool of the marketing machine. Not a creator of it.

COPE and SEETHE

#3324 1 year ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Haven’t gotten to read all but the last few pages, but seems like the 60th anniversary edition has a bunch of stuff even the LE doesn’t have? It mentions a spinning hat and an in-playfield screen.
On a related note, people balked at me spending 13k for a Lebowski two years ago…now it’s the going rate for a stern-quality machine. Sheesh. Crazy.

Its an entirely different game

#3990 1 year ago
Quoted from brucipher:

For those curious, here is the price increase percentage from Rush to Bond (based on MSRP):
Pro: 1.45% increase
Premium: 7.78% increase
LE: 17.12% increase

The more I think about it, the more disgusted and disapointed I am with this insane price increase. Last years price increases took us to crazy town, another $700 for premiums is just a slap in the face. Look, I get it, these are toys for rich dudes. Guys like me have no business even being in this hobby, but give us a damn chance. I know the supply chain issues, I know everything is more expensive including labor, I know inflation, but really? I've been saving up my spare money for over 2 years now hoping to buy a premium and it slips further and further away every day. There was no reason for this huge price increase other than pure greed. Pro, with the small increase, thank you I guess. Keep operators kinda happy. LE price increase...kinda hurts but LE's are for fuck you money guys anyway and it cuts out the flippers more. Premium another $700? GTFO

The worst part is OK now you want to buy a used game but suddenly everyone's used pro's and premiums have increased in cost the same amount. Theres no winning. Get more and more discouraged with this hobby every day. I was around in the dark times, sad I can't stay for the good.

Edit- btw I think the game looks great and will be awesome. Would love to own one. I also understand theres a near endless amount of guys more than willing to pay the price, so why should they care. Just sour grapes from me I guess.

#4020 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Meanwhile decision makers at CGC are seeing this and thinking the next remake LE will sell out for $14k.

Sad but true and I can't even blame them

Quoted from luvthatapex2:

The good thing about this hobby is its not just for rich dudes. If you can't afford the premium or le (forget even considering the anniv.issue), just get the PRO. The key to this hobby is sometimes you just have to be satisfied with what you can get, not what you want.

I'm not ruling out a pro, but I can't even afford one of those at the moment and the price for those (since the last price increase) seems outrageous for what you get. I managed to pull enough funds together to get a DP pro a few years ago and it was 5500. Now if I wanted that same game its 7000. At what point do I just have to throw in the towel? I think we're past it now. Even 7000 goes a looooong way on a lot of other fun things, or even not so fun things like unexpected medical bills, car break downs, ect. I'm selling off my retro game collection piece by piece to fund games as well as letting go of a few pins from my collection, but I'm just worried that by the time I have reached my monetary goals what will the prices be!? Again, just sour grapes from me. I've been working a long time to try and reach my goal and it keeps getting moved back further and further.

#4032 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Or play them on location for a buck a game.

This is mainly what I do now and it brings me great joy. I'm lucky to have a place close by that has the latest titles and in good shape and are usually premiums, but also due to the high price of games the operator has made games $1.50 a play, no matches, and no replays. Kinda sucks a lot of the fun out of that escape even.

#4049 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Pinsiders take this stuff very personally. Stern isn't raising prices to give you a "slap in the face," nor are they mocking your relative poverty. They are keeping up with inflation and trying to keep their profits where they should be.
It's business, not personal. If Vito Corleone can get over the competition whacking his son over a business dispute, I think you guys can accept that pinball prices will continue to rise (like everything else) and not go down (like everything else) as a fact of life and not a personal affront.
If you are priced out of NIB games, just buy what you can afford, like the vast majority of home pinball buyers have done.

I'm sorry, but $700 increase between 2 titles I'm not buying it, $1700 in between late 2021 and now. Thats not rising costs and inflation, thats doing it because they can. Don't get me wrong, I don't necessarily blame them, why wouldn't they do this? Theres zero shortage of buyers. Just weird that when other companies do it (pharma, car sales, you name it) its fine to call it out, but pinball companies? No, we have to clutch the pearls. Your point is still valid though, and you're right that if pinside ran the companies they'd be out of business fast. A lot of companies out here making record profits the last couple years, I bet Stern is on that list.

#4095 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Complaining about prices is a lot like complaining about taxes, but in this case no one is forcing you to buy.
As for me, I am at the point where buying a new game mean so long to an old game. The higher prices mean that older games on the aftermarket, especially newer Sterns, should have increased in price at a similar pace as the new ones.
What it does mean is that it sucks for the new people entering the hobby - but if you have been in it for awhile - you can buy new games, you just have to sell stuff.

I've sold 2 of the 5 games I own already, I'm trying! Older games on the aftermarket are so crazy thats why I bought a NIB in 2020, it was damn near the same price or cheaper! I'm just not interested in $3000 Street Fighter 2's or sinking hundreds upon hundreds of dollars into old games constantly tracking down the next thing thats gonna break, plus, and I understand this is blasphemy but I just had to keep it real with myself I don't like older games for the most part.

Quoted from gdonovan:

I'm in the backend of a commercial business that does purchasing, prices on supplies have gone up a minimum 3x and shipping costs are through the roof.
I'd be surprised if the price DIDN'T go up.

Oh believe me, I know prices for everything are going up up up. I handle all that stuff at my job as well. Everything is going up except my paycheck. $700 more dollars for a premium? no. Maybe another 100, or tack on a even more to the LE's.

Anyway, I get it. Shits expensive. I'm just disappointed, thats all. 2+ years of selling off beloved items, doing side jobs, saving where I can and the goal post is further than ever. I feel better after ranting, so I'm done now lol. Back to the grind. Maybe I should spend my pinball money on a vacation or stocks anyway

#4514 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Counter argument for what's included in this Pro:
What has passed for a "basic" Pro BoM in the past is 2 flippers, 2 ramps, typically a main toy (interactive), often a secondary toy (static)... then a few from the grab bag of drops, spinners, up posts, captive balls, scoops/saucers, powered gates, and magnets. This is more or less the case for SW, GOTG, DP, BKSoR, STH, Munsters, AS, Kiss, ACDC, IM, Mustang, TAV, TF, Avatar, and GoT.
Somewhere in between are the games w/ 2-3 flippers, 2-3 ramps and some other goodies to make a very solid Pro - ST, GB, TWD, GZ, LZ.
The more "fully featured" Pro's as of late share a lot in common. Some Pros get more in them: 3-4 flippers, 2-3 ramps, the main interactive toy + more static toys to fill up the empty space, and even more from the aforementioned "grab bag". This would be the case for AIQ, TMNT, MET, XM, Rush, IMDN, Mando, JP, and IMDN. Focusing on Pro BoM only, this group is very appealing at the Pro level because it looks fully featured and not empty.
Having said that, I'd argue that Bond Pro is in the "fully featured Pro" group. 3 flippers, 2-3 ramps (semantics due to the split entry ramp), Main Interactive Toy (Bird One Rocket) w/ a static building behind it, A SECOND INTERACTIVE TOY (DB5), an upwards scoop from an under flipper shot, a 3-bank of drops, an up post, and a spinner.
What makes it look "barren" to some is probably that the ramps are either low or close. Ramps don't touch or go through the backpanel, so there's some empty space back there. Similar to how DP and BM66 sort of look empty in the way back (also Gomez games). But I'd argue this has more to it than the commonly adored GZ Pro, and much more than other popular Pros like GoT, Kiss, or SW.
Obviously code execution and theme integration can move the popularity of all these up and down (DP goes up in value, TMNT leaves something to be desired)... and with Lonnie rumored as the main programmer, we can certainly hope to be pleasantly surprised to avoid saying the obvious. But as far as features are concerned, Bond Pro is up there with the best for BoM on a Pro level title.
Edit: Also, what Bond Pro lacks over the Prem (jetpack, dragon tank, underwater scene, Bird One physical lock) can be cut in half easily w/ cheap mods. The underwater scene looks like it can be easily modded for the Pro, same with the dragon tank. Both look like short money mods too. So you can have that hated word "Promium" pretty easily and only be out the jetpack and Bird One lock.

I think the pro version of this game is fine. Unlike a lot of other pro's, all the features are still in the game. You miss out on the jetpack bond, which admittedly is a cool mech, but does it really do a whole lot and does it get old after a while just slowing down the game? You also miss out on the underwater fight, which again is kind of cool but it doesn't seem like it actually does anything like interact with the ball. Then theres the physical ball lock. Those aren't huge losses and little to no impact on the gameplay. All the shots and modes and everything are still in the game and theres a lot of features on every version of the game. Yeah I would prefer a premium probably but getting the pro I don't think would impact the game play experience at all. To say the pro is stripped or barren is just flat out wrong.

#4918 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

Has anyone else noticed the fine-grained orange peel clear on most of these photos? I picked up a NIB Deadpool pro this spring and it has this same texture. I can't imagine this is the look Stern is going for now, right? My Deadpool plays just fine, but my AIQ playfield (which was swapped due to warping) is like glass, that was spring 2021 and looks beautiful (plays just as good).
Hope whatever they are doing is not the new process moving forward. I feel like this playfield could really pop with an ultra glossy finish. That being said, seems like the playfield lottery is still in effect; good luck everyone.

It doesn't bother me in the slightest

#5201 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Right at 30 minutes in. Good listen. He confirms he did no pulp fiction art. Also interviews Cassandra Peterson (Elvira) and Greg Feres.

He claims he did no art for a CGC pulp fiction. Pulp Fiction is coming from Raw Thrills though....so it could be a little twist on the truth. Excited to find out

#5347 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Change my mind: No baby Yoda ball magnet hand was the biggest missed opportunity/design miss of the last several years.

Baby yoda is the dumbest "toy" in recent memory and yes its a huge missed opportunity. I hate getting the child in mando, its often misses and sends the ball toward the right outlane, the awards aren't very good, and theres absolutely no "magic" to the mech, it just stops and slows down the game. Come to think of it, I hate pretty much all the toys in Mando, especially on the premium.

#5387 1 year ago

Are the bond movies back on amazon prime? I was watching them, got to the end of thunderball, and then they all turned to rental only.

#5395 1 year ago
Quoted from slag:

I just got an email from Amazon yesterday announcing all the movies were available free on Prime. I started watching them last week and had to rent each of them.

Nice! I started watching in August, but then Sept. rolled around and they went away. Must be back again for October. Streaming is an odd beast. Anyway, I'm happy I can get back to where I left off. So far, Goldfinger was by far my favorite. Thunderball maybe my least favorite...I know thats a hot take. Dr. No is probably worse than Thunderball was, but Dr. No gets cut more slack because it was the first one.

#5455 1 year ago
Quoted from Mravic:

With all this talk about Bond movies, I have a question:
Which Bond movie(s) would you start with to try to get your kids interested? I know I started watching them as a pre-teen and loved them but have no clue where that started.
- Dr. No seems so slow I'm afraid it will put them to sleep and turned off of the franchise.
- Skip ahead to quicker paced Connery? (Goldfinger, You only live twice, etc.)
- Skip ahead to Roger Moore era for quicker pace and campy fun? Better overall movies IMO but the lesser Bond. (Live and Let Die, Man with the Golden Gun are my at the top of my Bond list)
- Skip to Pierce Brosnan? Goldeneye seems like a movie that really sucks you into what a Bond movie is and is very entertaining the whole way.
I don't think I'd skip to Daniel Craig. Fantastic movies but they lose some of the campy fun Bond for a more serious Bond appreciated by a more mature audience.

Don't sleep on the Dalton movies. They are like wild 80's action flicks but with James Bond. They were snubbed for a long time but they are finally gaining some respect.

Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I just can't get this toy/mech wasn't given any second thought when those guys sat there. That nobody said "wait, don't you feel it's silly and remind you of a..."

#5461 1 year ago
Quoted from epichoff:

So Hilarious. I forgot about that scene. lol

Austin Powers did the rocket looks like a dick joke way before pinside ever did!

#5560 1 year ago

I finally finished up You Only Live Twice over the weekend. It was pretty good. Probably my second favorite out of the Connery movies, but Goldfinger is still the runaway favorite for me (still have to watch diamonds are forever).

#5591 1 year ago

Watched "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" last night. Lazenby did a fine job being Bond. Kind of wish we got 1 or 2 more films from him. I liked it. I think Goldfinger is still my favorite but Secret Service has moved into second place for me so far.

#5617 1 year ago
Quoted from TomN:

I can’t believe how many people are only just now watching these movies for the first time. Pretty cool, yet weird that’s it’s because of a pinball machine mainly. Lol

I saw a lot of them on TV when I was a kid, but I remember very little about them.

Speaking of, I watched Diamonds are Forever last night... Wow what a cheesy, nonsensical, absurd, movie full of bad acting and dumb scenes......I loved it! It was easily one of the most fun times I've had watching a Bond movie so far. It might be my favorite one so far. Nah...its probably still Goldfinger but its close. Diamonds are Forever is great!

#5731 1 year ago

I made it to the Roger Moore era last night and watched Live and Let Die. It was OK. Diamonds are forever was better/more fun though. I know I saw most of the Moore Bonds when I was a kid but I didn't remember any of this one (other than the theme song of course). The Blaxploitation angle was interesting I guess. I do enjoy how the Bond movies kind of take on whatever is in pop culture at the time. I like the boat jump stunts too but the boat scenes just went on for way too long.

#5737 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Spoiler alert: If you like the antics of Sherriff Pepper...you are gonna LOVE the next movie
Live and Let Die has its moments. I love all the New Orleans stuff.

JFC... I hated that guy lol. N'orleans was interesting and 70's Harlem was neat too. Bond trying to play it cool while being a complete fish out of water was a nice touch. Man, I haven't watched this many movies in such a short period of time since I was a teenager.

Quoted from transprtr4u:

Best stunt ever .... goes in alley on the 2 right wheels and comes out on the 2 left !
[quoted image]

Lol exactly the kind of thing I loved about Diamonds are Forever. It was just full of dumb stuff that made it fun. I liked when he was on the moon buggy and you can clearly see the axles are bent as fuck, and then a car rolls over and the freakin tire from the buggy must have broke off because its rolling right across the middle of the screen and the very next scene the moon buggy is still just driving around like its in great shape. WE CAN'T ROLL THE CAR OVER AGAIN JUST PUT IT IN THE MOVIE THEY'LL NEVER NOTICE

#5783 1 year ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

I posted elsewhere I started a Bond binge. Amazon was pay only, so I ordered a bunch from the library and got 18 dvds at once to pickup. Now Amazon has them (typical for me when looking for a movie I want to watch). I'm 16 movies in not counting Don't Say Never Again (don't have that one) and just entered the Tom Dalton era.
My favorite is You Only Live Twice. On Her Majesty's Service was the worst by far. I can see why Stern went with Dr. No, Thunderball, and You Only Live Twice. I believe they are sandbagging Goldfinger.
I have to say Diamonds are Forever didn't connect and welcomed in the Roger Moore era. I just loved the Smoky and the Bandit sherif character. It added great comedy.

Our opinions on the movies differ but I like seeing the other guys takes who are also watching for the first time/revisiting after a while just like I am doing!

#5893 1 year ago

Watched Golden Gun and Spy Who Loved me. Both Decent. Golden Gun was fun. I'm quickly learning that I like silly bond more than serious bond. Seems like the movies that get hated on more by critics are the ones I tend to enjoy more.

#5901 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If you liked the slide whistle sound effect during the bridge barrel jump and the continuing buffoonish antics of sheriff Pepper…you are gonna LOVE double take pigeon coming up during Moonraker!

Lol I didn't but I'm already well aware of the pigeon double take lol and I am prepared for it. I will say the Sheriff Pepper part in golden gun got offset by the absurdity that they are in Bangkok but he was at an AMC dealership and then Bond steals a junk AMC to chase Scaramanga in his junk AMC. Like I'm sure it was some sort of sponsorship or brand deal (like how there was all these Ford cars in the other movies) but really...American Motor Company cars that were already a small company in the US but they have a dealership in Bangkok. Ridiculous and I loved it.

#5920 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah nothing says "Bond!" like AMC motors.
They were very clumsy with their auto product placement in those early days. In Live and Let Die, there's a scene on the FDR in NYC, and EVERY single car on the road is the exact same model Caprice:

lol I didn't even notice that because I was too busy checking out all the "pimp mobiles"

#5951 1 year ago

I wonder if they will do a surprise reveal of the Elwin game on the deadflip stream

#6065 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

TBH this seems like one of the easier Pro > Premium choices
Bond on a Wand = neat gimmick that will probably get old after a few times (or a gimmick used infrequently enough that you don't miss it)
Scuba Bond = cosmetic with no bearing on gameplay
No physical ball lock vs virtual ball lock = no meaningful gameplay difference
Gomez mentioned the pro center loop shot actually feels better because it doesn't have the diverter like the premium.
So really it's just how much money do you have and do you have strong opinions on the yellow Dr No artwork

gomez even mentioned in the insider podcast that there was no real gameplay differences between the pro and premium. The extra features in the premium have a bit of wow factor, no doubt, but I am willing to bet as a players game the pro is the way to go, especially at the price difference.

#6071 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

At launch perhaps, but once they put in the Jetpack control stuff then sure its gonna be a bit different.

I have no doubt it'll be neat. I mean it IS neat. But really do I need the jetpack modes slowing down my gameplay? Especially when you consider how insanely they jacked up the price on the premiums, is it REALLLY worth all that extra? Is controlling the jetpack going to be as cool and magical on the 300th play as it was in the first couple dozen plays or are you going to be ready to just move on and keep playing the game?

Quoted from TreyBo69:

Probably had to do with the compressed development cycle. No time to engineer more interesting mechs like the Godzilla building or bridge. It's almost all cosmetic stuff, besides Bond on a Wand which is relatively simple as far as mechs go. (It reminds me a lot of the Batman crane, but reused as a diverter instead of a bash toy)

Thats fine though, I wish all the games were designed like this. I'd rather not have a somewhat drastic difference in gameplay between the models

#6328 1 year ago

Goldfinger is by far the best song of the Connery era imo

#6337 1 year ago
Quoted from Methos:

I go with Diamonds are Forever, but same vocalist as Goldfinger.

Diamonds is the 2nd best imo but also an excellent choice. Shirley Bassey is great!

#6356 1 year ago
Quoted from Methos:

Check out Moonraker too. She was three for three.

I actually just watched Moonraker the other night, but I wasn't a huge fan of the song

#6397 1 year ago

It doesn't bother me if they are tied together, but it is eyebrow raising....

#6400 1 year ago
Quoted from RandomTask:

I did notice on the Deadflip stream that George mentioned a couple of times that he was able to get 'a lot of pop bumper action with only 2 pops'. This was likely what he meant.

I just figured he meant the ball moves a lot/is in the pops a lot for only having 2 pops, which is also true. That statement doesn't lead me to believe that he was saying they were tied together, but thats just my opinion. Also I think they were playing the premium on deadflip so from what we're hearing here, that version has independent pops anyway.

#6412 1 year ago
Quoted from RandomTask:

The premium has the pops tied together, the pro is independent. I think he mentioned the 'action' because he was anticipating the online complaining.

Oh crap, you're right. That just doesn't make any sense. Why not have them tied together on all 3 models if they are going to do it at all?

#6420 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

It makes perfect sense as the pro has less stuff to drive by the node boards.

Quoted from flynnibus:

Because the node boards are full with OTHER stuff that is in a premium that isn't in a pro?
Why is this hard for people to grasp? Fixed # of drivers available... pick how you use them.

Yep that does make sense

#6527 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

It is such a popular theme and a great game. Despite its' popularity, circumstances as they are mean that it will be never be re-released or vaulted. I bought one knowing that it would be the lowest price I would ever see (in spite of it costing me a lot). I knew it was either buy now or never own.
I have insider information, it will never be re-made...so it will only go up in price.

It is a popular theme, horrible game. I agree though, I think the circumstances surrounding it rule it out for a vault much to Stern's chagrin. Stern knows they'd sell a ton of them. Whatever though, it can just be a sucker with too much money's game like BTTF

#6594 1 year ago
Quoted from NewmanJerry:

There's no copyright on the image and 007 logo has the trademark with it... I'm done replying about banners lol...

Defense Lawyer: "Now ya honah, I might be just a lowly southern lawya, but as you can plainly see...there is no copyright logo on this heah art. Tharefoa, it seems to me that these would be royalty free."

*a gasp in the court*

*the prosecution slinks into their chairs...defeated"

Judge: "Well, this seems to be a most ironclad argument. No need for further proceedings. I find the defendant NOT GUILTY!"

#6631 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Yeah because it's one of their most elaborate toppers of all time. I don't think they'd charge $2k for a topper more like Stranger Things, Dead Pool, Jurassic Park, etc...
Something much more reasonable like $999

lol its not even very elaborate. I'd argue its one of their least elaborate. Some molded plastic, and LCD screen, and a mirror. wowwwwzers. Topper prices ain't coming down either. If they are having zero trouble selling $2000 toppers for a mediocre (at best) game like mando, why would they ever lower the price?

#6639 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I'm not saying it's full of expensive stuff (you're also not counting the special software modes).
But in the grand scheme of Spike toppers? It's one of the most elaborate. That's all.

Quoted from TahoeTony:

Doesn't it work with the game to display play and offer a mode you can only get with the topper? Not saying it is out of this world but it seems a bit more interactive than other toppers. I would guess getting it to do anything extra would be extra time. Not sure about licensing either. Anything star wars is probably expensive I would guess.

I guess I just don't count "extra software modes" as elaborate. I just consider them bullshit. JP topper had that too though if I'm not mistaken.

#6720 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

BBC doing a bond marathon.

I love a good BBC marathon. Reminds me of that missile thats in the corner of that James Bond pinball!

2 weeks later
#7126 1 year ago

We got one at my local watering hole on the wed before thanksgiving. I've put numerous games on it by now plus what I played at chicago expo. So far...layout is ok. Some things I like, some are kind of clunky. Code is very very basic right now. Has potential to turn into something worthwhile, but as of right now its just ok but not mind blowing. Art looks much better in person as I said. Translite choice is still baffling. I've already witnessed numerous casual folks expressing confusion over it

#7169 1 year ago

Can confirm the local Bond has the same issue with a slight hangup from the inlane post. I assume its a common issue but yeah very easy to nudge it free

#7203 1 year ago

Is the playfield multiplier coded in yet? I have built it up a bunch of times, and it says on the screen to hit the action button to start multiplier, except the action button is never lit up and hitting it seemingly does nothing.

#7205 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

It wasn’t when I first played mine. It will say it’s “ready” at 3x etc but I’ve found no way to activate it. If I did get it running there was no way for me to easily see it was in use via the screen.

Yeah I've gotten 1x-5x multiple times, but its definitely never triggered. No flashing action button, nothing when you press the action button, no sounds or screen notifications, and scoring seemed all the same. must not be in the game yet, which is too bad because I'd have way better scores lol, plus I haven't exactly pieced together how its supposed to work just yet since it seems more complicated than multiplier systems we've seen in the past

#7222 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

All my games are setup "stock" with tilt bobs. The newer games are just a lot more forgiving. I've gone back to playing some of my older Sterns (AC/DC, Met, TRON) and the difference in ball times is striking. May also account for why so many folks gush about GZ/Rush...it makes them feel like they can play pinball AC/DC has been kicking my arse so hard that I'm sometimes shocked I've owned it for over 10 years. No doubt nice to have a mix...not complaining, just observing

How can a tilt bob be stock? They don't come installed, so it stands to reason that every single one that is set up is set up slightly differently

#7226 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

The technical reason is there is a fix limit to the number of controllable coils Stern can put in a Spike game with their standard loadout (ie two main playfield node boards)
The misery reason is...they don't want to add another baby node board for the extra transistor output. (Although someone else pointed out ways to reduce coils elsewhere by redesigning the Bird One physical lock system)

If we really want to give Stern the benefit of the doubt, they didn't do it for cost saving as much as they did to preserve their hard to come by node board supply right now...

#7236 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

OMG...yes, you've called out the obvious. Gold star for you. My point is the bob is installed...not left in the coin box.

Sorry man I wasn't trying to be snarky at all, I was just trying to understand. I went back and re-read your comment and now I understand what you were saying, I was just confused because I thought you meant that the newer games came stock with a more forgiving position on the tilt bob

#7281 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

I saw there was a lot of white dust near the DB5 hatch. I'm assuming there might be some there and the hatch is getting ground down there? Or maybe the final testers at Stern were doing coke on their break?
Anyone else see this on other Bond games?
[quoted image]

Haven't seen it on my local one. I wonder if the pad thats supposed to be under the roof fell off or wasn't installed at the factory

#7285 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I wonder how many people think Sean Connery is Dr No

Probably a close second to the amount of people who think the game is called "Dr. No"

#7305 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

Admittedly, I don't have any skin in this game nor plan to but family is in on it: The only quasi-technical argument I can muster on the dual pop circuit setup is it theoretically will double the wear of the mechanism, which over time should cause it to deteriorate sooner. Maybe not perceivably but to either a long term owner or subsequent owners.

If you're ever at the point on a game where you need to rebuild a pop bumper, you should be rebuilding all the pop bumpers anyway. Again, a non issue

#7342 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

Look, I trust GG when he says the pop action is great on the prem/LE. I'll take simul-pop to allow for all the other mechs in the game. The ONLY thing I find curious is the fact that the pops on the pro fire independently. So, when designing the prem/LE, Stern knew that they needed to 'steal' a pop driver for something else, and designed the game as such. Then on the pro they altered the design to allow for the pops to fire independently, I would think they would use the same design for the pro to keep the games as similar as possible and keep manufacturing a touch easier/more similar between models.

I've played the premium. I didn't even notice the pops being different than on the pro. Didn't know it was even a thing until it was brought up here.

#7466 1 year ago
Quoted from izzymonkey:

I have seen, however (and only on my latest visit yesterday), the DB V ejector seat toss the ball into: shooter lane, or right outlane, or ball stuck (once) on the wireform itself.
Cheers!

FYI for anyone experiencing problems with the Aston Martin dropping balls down the outlane/shooter lane instead of into the habitrail. We were occasionally having this problem on the game at my local watering hole. I was tasked with getting the game ready for a tournament the next day. I simply bumped the coil power up from 16 (stock) to 18 and it seems to have completely cured the issue.

#7484 1 year ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher: I even did a left flipper hold with autolaunch, which lights the Q shot arrow, and shot the ball into the hole and it' didn't register as a "special" or "hidden" skill shot for me. Kind of strange that nothing happened.

I pretty much agree with everything you said, but this skill shot IS programmed into the game. Its 1 of the 3 that I've seen so far and I believe are programmed in. If it didn't award it to you that is indeed strange but I can confirm that shot normally works.

1 week later
#7509 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Have a look at my pin collection history (it's public - enjoy!) and you wouldn't have to ask that question.
I'm glad some people like R-911, but I ain't one of them. Most of the Gottliebs from that era do not appeal to me at all, and R-911 is no different. Stargate comes the closest, but the fact that I like the theme probably helped it gain my rare Gottlieb affection.
And how dare you accuse me of drinking the pinside kool-aid.
I MAKE the Pinside kool-aid for others to enjoy!

I own a rescue 911 simply because it was dirt cheap and its not worth anything to sell (my particular example) and I kind of just ignored it for a long time. I will say, it's not a good game, but it is a decent game. Once I have it a chance it was better than I thought. Its kinda fun in its own quirky way. Nobody is going to mistake it for godzilla, but it's ok lol. The heli is a cool mech but it's also over used in the game and after a while it's just something slowing you down. I hope bond on the wand doesn't end up the same way.

3 weeks later
#7542 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No heads being crushed by anyone on the line, then...
...or maybe TOO MANY heads being crushed.

kids-in-the-hall-crushing-your-head.gifkids-in-the-hall-crushing-your-head.gif
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

9,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ypsilanti, MI
$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider haymaker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club?tu=haymaker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.