FB2C5C38-17F0-45D4-BCED-57EF94539DCE (resized).jpeg
E873B6CA-F0F2-4C5E-8589-E5B0B96E2CAF (resized).jpeg
ABFA1B74-F8DD-4DAE-B74F-110B222F23D0 (resized).jpeg
A8461CA8-3529-4922-9A2F-EEB6517CA7A5 (resized).jpeg
20221216_225500 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 VIDEO: Bond Game Trailer 9-22-22 Posted by mrossman5 (1 year ago)

Post #744 First pics Posted by Marv (1 year ago)

Post #4724 VIDEO: Live gameplay from London 9-26-22 Posted by KevInBuffalo (1 year ago)

Post #5159 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by J85M (1 year ago)

Post #7103 James Bond club thread Posted by Daditude (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bmore-pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 1 year ago

$15,000 ?

#92 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I FUCKING CALLED IT!

giphy.gifgiphy.gif
#775 1 year ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1417 1 year ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Every time a new game comes out everyone screams that the premium/le is the no brainer choice. It always shakes out that the pro is a damn good game.
Personally I’d rather have a pro and a few thousand dollars for another games, especially when I route most of my collection.

Only pro I ever preferred was TWD
If you got the cash and it's for your personal collection - always go premium!!!

#1448 1 year ago

I must be the only one that likes mechs that slow down the game and give you a chance to enjoy the moment
to each his own ...

#1486 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Jurassic Park-moving T-rex head and gate-no not a big deal

and I think those 2 mechs make the game and give it the wow factor
different flavors for your taste

#1488 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Bond home edition?

that could make sense

#1526 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You clearly have never spent any time in the CoinOp horse forums.
I came to see the release, looks like it's delayed a week. Sucks for Stern, I always feel bad for any company that gets their announcement leaked with crummy photos and then has to sit there unable to respond. For a frankly ridiculous reason too, gotta be gnashing their teeth. In a week it will all be forgotten anyways, but still.
As for the nitpicking ... I've been known to pick a nit in my days. If you're paying as much money as they games command I think you're a fool if you're not picky personally. Some licenses come with more handcuffs than others. This one was clearly a padded handcuff deal, not so uncomfortable on the wrists, not a lot of freedom of movement. Can't say I love the throwback to the old Stern cut and paste look, but you know, I still love my Tron, and it's got basically the same art treatment. Gameplay always matters more.
Really to me it just reminds me how much I appreciate Stern's art improvements over the years. I was so happy to get my Metallica with actual hand drawn art. Now it's a regular occurrence. Can't all be that level of winner, but we're sure better off now than the past.

yeah .... but how are the fonts?

#1545 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

If the Elwin version isn’t limited I don’t understand how dealers would be able to set price. That really only works if there is a supply constraint. A dealer could undercut everyone else and get all endless orders. It doesn’t make sense at all.

honestly .... what does make sense with pinball pricing these days

#1556 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

When Pinside downvotes, it generally means you're doing something right.

so conflicted ... do I up or downvote this???

#1608 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I was told that the leaked photos where the reason they pulled the game.

Honestly ... what did they expect ....

#1626 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

Ah ok that makes sense. For what it's worth Kaneda just dropped a podcast basically confirming what you're saying. He said his sources told him that both Stern and the James Bond license holder are extremely upset about the leaked photos and just pulled the whole thing, took the machines off the event floor and cancelled the reveal. And yeah they were already sensitive about the Queen's passing so the leak just pushed them to cancel. Sounds like you're probably right.
What a bummer. This should have been such a joyous moment for the pinball community.

If that's the case ... it's all on stern
Like others said, not that difficult to keep hidden until the show opened

#1734 1 year ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Unless it’s some sort of special situation with labor over there…maybe Stern people weren’t allowed to do the setup, or didn’t even know when it would be set up? There are certain parts of this country where unions or state/local ordinances will not allow for you to move your own furniture and whatnot. Maybe they had no idea it was happening. The fellows setting up have no idea that it’s anything special, then a passer-by happens to look over and…. “Ummm…” click! click! click click click!

Correct, I have set up at trade shows like that
Except you are still allowed in the both to direct the setup

#1737 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I think that thread is kind of funny with the Brit’s literally blaming Kaneda as if he’s the problem.
The pics got on pinside the same moment someone sent them to him.
It’s literally his job to share leaked photos and rumors etc.
I’m not sure what’s worse. Thinking you can send photos around to you buddies and it’s not going to spread, or Stern setting up games in public assuming they’re not going to be photographed.
I think Stern is too smart for that and know pics would leak the day before launch with isn’t a bad thing.
Then I’m guess the license holder wanted to cancel the big reveal party over the Queen and Stern had an oh sh*t moment where they didn’t want a bunch more photo and video taken if it was going to be 9 more days until an official release.

If I was Stern, I would set up a steady stream of false leaked info to Kaneda - that would be loads of fun

At the end of the day, Stern is selling crap loads of pins so leaks are really irrelevant with minimal impact on their business at this stage (though possibly ruffling the licensee holders feathers)

#1917 1 year ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

installed a genuine Walther PPK as the shooter rod

now that would be very cool

#2206 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

is this some sort of diverter or a secret passage to a subway?[quoted image]

I think that goes to the aston martin ejector seat

#2675 1 year ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I am fatigued by the price increase on the JJP side and really hope not to see it on the Stern side.
Can I afford a few K more, sure...but it gets to a point where I seriously question if it's still worth it for a single game.

Same boat ... I can easily afford it but I tapped out last year.
Very happy with current collection and I am not paying $13 grand for a pinball machine

1 month later
#6829 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Many people care about the LE numbers

Not directed at you Ice, but I never understood the pinball collector mentality. Give me a premium any day of the week.
If you are only buying an LE becuase you think it is "rare" then ........................

Remember, nobody gives a shit about the crap you have more than you do

#6833 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I really like the mirrored backglass, powder, shaker, and all the goodies that make it special(I do not care about numbers-make them unlimited).

Exactly my point and I agree with your reasons .. but if you are only buying an LE because they are rare ............
I agree, make 1000, or 5000 of them ... if you like it for the reasons you stated, the numbers don't matter.

#6845 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

In the long run, none of this shit matters does it! It's just stuff we accumulate over our lives that make us happy. And then we are gone.

well said

#6850 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Prices for this LE are mental, its even worse here in the UK owing to the weak pound:
007 LE is £4000 more than Godzilla LE - its complete madness.
FOUR THOUSAND POUNDS MORE
This time last year a pro was around £6700 (!) HOW THE FUCK CAN 007 have gone up by more than HALF the price of a PRO from last year? It make ZERO sense.
I'm out on LE purchases for sure, but 007 premium is the same price as Godzilla LE -> WTF?!
Powercoat, speakers and art blades are £200 so its now a total no brainer.
also waiting for the hilarity that will be the 007 SLE price. I've had a defibrillator installed in my bank managers office.
Neil.

also the US$ has really gained strength this year causing the huge imbalance once you do the conversion

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,450 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 14.95
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bmore-pinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club?tu=bmore-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.