FB2C5C38-17F0-45D4-BCED-57EF94539DCE (resized).jpeg
E873B6CA-F0F2-4C5E-8589-E5B0B96E2CAF (resized).jpeg
ABFA1B74-F8DD-4DAE-B74F-110B222F23D0 (resized).jpeg
A8461CA8-3529-4922-9A2F-EEB6517CA7A5 (resized).jpeg
20221216_225500 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 VIDEO: Bond Game Trailer 9-22-22 Posted by mrossman5 (1 year ago)

Post #744 First pics Posted by Marv (1 year ago)

Post #4724 VIDEO: Live gameplay from London 9-26-22 Posted by KevInBuffalo (1 year ago)

Post #5159 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by J85M (1 year ago)

Post #7103 James Bond club thread Posted by Daditude (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinball-Wiz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2408 1 year ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

That's REALLY Bad taste in pictures SIR.

Can't tell if you're being serious? Tell me you are over sensitive w/o telling me you're over sensitive? Seems light and comical to me given this is a pinball forum. But that's where we are today... any little thing is offensive to someone, even if there's zero intent to be offensive.

And to say "bad karma"? What exactly do you mean by that??? Kind of seems like you need to lighten up a little...

#2447 1 year ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Zero intent to be offensive, but where we were before, people would at least be self aware that mocking someones recent passing can be considered distasteful. - Wich is why rarely random people attend strangers funerals in a clowns costume. (And if they do i‘d bet they would get shot - where we are today.)

Some people don't get it.. sometimes it's better to laugh than to cry, and it's not to be disrespectful of the dead. It's actually to honor them and their memory. Oversensitivity and being critical on how others handle things is one of the biggest problems right now.

The internet must be a very scary and offensive place to some! I'm glad I'm not one of them.

Screen Shot 2022-09-17 at 12.20.48 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-09-17 at 12.20.48 PM (resized).png
#3401 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

The price difference on stern LE is getting hard to justify…basically just different art and mirrored backglass. You can get shaker, side armor and blades for a few hundred bucks. The biggest positive is market value will probably hold better if you ever decide to trade it out.

Let's be real here, a pretty big percentage of LE buyers are looking for the FLIP and know that while it's not really justified over the Premium, people are paying over that on the secondary market all day long.

So the LE price IS worth it based on the market history on LE's. This is just knocking out some of the flippers and those that usually buy the LE's from the flippers can now get them from a dealer.

That being said, LE's ARE NOT FOR ME. I don't need to impress anyone with dress up items in this hobby anymore lol. Prices are just ridiculous and out of control in my humble opinion.

#3406 1 year ago

With talking about the game and not the LE and price hike, honestly the game doesn't have much for toys (how many times have we said this about Sterns) and I personally don't see how the Premium is worth it over the Pro to me in my collection. I think the Pro is the best bang for the buck and the $2600 worth of "upgrades" is kind of weak.

#3443 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

Stern loves Pinheads!
They've passed the 2022 Cost of Doing Business onto the Collector/Flipper market. Those dudes typically have loads of $$$ anyway and aren't going to put 4,000 plays on their machine.
IMO Pros at $7,000 is a modest increase in pricing considering skyrocketing costs/prices everywhere.
Pro is the way to go.

The thing is, people trying to resell other recent premiums are taking a "decent" hit in the wallet unless it's Godzilla. I've seen Mando Premiums sitting at $7800. A lot of making people (I speak for myself here) is knowing I'm not (most likely) going to throw $2K out the window just to be the first owner.

#3454 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Are you kidding? - game is packed!

Define "packed" lol

#3481 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Is that what people do with dildos?!
I guess I've been using mine wrong.

Hey, it's been at least a decade since people started talking about the LOTR LE "Hairdick", we NEEDED something new like this

#3496 1 year ago

Just for humor. Which one is worse?

IMG_9182 (resized).jpegIMG_9182 (resized).jpegIMG_9183 (resized).jpegIMG_9183 (resized).jpeg
#4092 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

No. The rich are rich and dont worry about 15,000 grand. Some make that an hour!

Funny, because most of the super rich guys I know (relative, I know, but those with millions to spend) are THE CHEAPEST, most frugal guys I know. I know two very wealthy guys in the hobby and I know if I am trying to buy they will be over market and if I'm selling they will want to buy for under market. Nice guys overall in the pinball hobby, I just don't do business with them at all.

I know guys that are "average" that will drop the $15k quicker lol, it's just going to hurt more

#4240 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Gluttony is sucking the soul out of our great hobby. Fortunately, I love my current lineup and would be happy if I never purchased another game!
In terms of business model, Spooky has is right...make "x" games and let the buyers decide what goodies they want. Sure, they don't have the tech prowess or manufacturing capabilities of Stern, but they are right minded. Stern's bizarre decision regarding the Keith 60th anniversary couldn't be more of a slap in the face.

Agree 100%

The odd thing to me is that just about every single long term collector I talk too feels the same exact way... and we can't figure these new guys out that are paying this w/o caring. I see us long term collectors swooping in for the $7800 used Premium

#4795 1 year ago

Ok the video got taken down... I want to see the flow of the game and don't need the updated code to get the feel... does anyone have a link to where I can still watch the video?

EDIT: Found it.

IRONIC that Stern used to ship games with almost zero code and didn't give a crap lol. I remember unboxing X-men and thinking "that's it"? And we played it anyways.

#5026 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

What is the latest on these shipping?

We're back to GZ timelines apparently, but now with 1 month wait times just for gameplay video. Then, pay the new price increase and (maybe) get your game in 9 or so months (This was my GZ timeline lol).

Seriously though, my interest in Bond has faded. I love this hobby, but I'm OK with playing my older games and my friends games (who mostly seem to feel like I do about these price increases). I acknowledge that this is my/our personal problem(s) and wish the best to the new Stern NIB buyers. I'm starting to feel more and more that pricing has left me somewhat on the peripheral of the hobby because I can't justify the prices even though I can afford them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 425.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

8,500 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Methuen, MA
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinball-Wiz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club?tu=Pinball-Wiz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.