FB2C5C38-17F0-45D4-BCED-57EF94539DCE (resized).jpeg
E873B6CA-F0F2-4C5E-8589-E5B0B96E2CAF (resized).jpeg
ABFA1B74-F8DD-4DAE-B74F-110B222F23D0 (resized).jpeg
A8461CA8-3529-4922-9A2F-EEB6517CA7A5 (resized).jpeg
20221216_225500 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 VIDEO: Bond Game Trailer 9-22-22 Posted by mrossman5 (1 year ago)

Post #744 First pics Posted by Marv (1 year ago)

Post #4724 VIDEO: Live gameplay from London 9-26-22 Posted by KevInBuffalo (1 year ago)

Post #5159 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by J85M (1 year ago)

Post #7103 James Bond club thread Posted by Daditude (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1185 1 year ago
Quoted from Rick432:

So we've seen the leaks on the images.
Any leaks on the gulp PRICES of the different models?
We knew they were increasing already...

Wouldnt surprise me if Stern is reading these threads and using the extra week to gauge interest before setting prices.

#1765 1 year ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

I have a hunch that Elwin is doing a special Bond pin, and is retheming either Jurassic (jeep is aston martin, trex ramp is jetpack bond, and raptor tower is a missile silo) or a retheme of maiden since originally it was Archer which is a take on Bond.
Thoughts?

Neither of those is a street level game and JP was done by Jack Danger. My prediction is something similar to this which would make sense since they could use mostly off the shelf parts and it wouldn't require as much work as a full fledged game.-less engineering and code support. And a Quicksilver with opto spinners would be legendary!

Quoted from MikeS:

My prediction for the street level game is that Elwin tweaked the Quicksilver layout (similar to what was done for Beatles with Seawitch). I know that's one of his favorite classic games and it seems to fit the objective of what Stern has done in the past and also what Haggis is doing with Fathom revisited. Another bonus of doing this is that you can run 2 code bases and can run the classic code as well as a new rule-set. With people paying big bucks for Quicksilver it makes sense to make a modern version that can satisfy people that want the original game as well as giving them a bonus of a new game with a desirable theme. The price is steep but I'm sure there will be enough people that could easily justify the purchase to get something that's ultra collectable.

#1987 1 year ago
Quoted from HomerEBW:

That would make a Pro $7,899 MSRP. Jeez this hobby is getting ridiculous.
One can only hope it's nothing more than a few hundred dollars

I'm going to stay optimistic and hope that Stern moves the new Pro price to $6999 ($100 increase) since they usually also bump up prices around another $100 at the end of the calendar year. Street prices should really stay below $7K for route ops and to entice new collectors into the hobby. You can subsidize the Pro price by charging more on the LE and Super LE models as those typically command higher than MSRP prices on the secondary market. Pro prices tend to fall on the secondary market even for hit games like Godzilla until they are no longer in production.

#2035 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

A commitment works two ways. If there is a non-refundable deposit then the price and remaining balance needs to be fixed.

Are there any cases of a non-refundable deposit where the price isn't fixed? It seems to be the refundable ones like Stern where price isnt guaranteed. My preference is for non refundable guaranteed prices like what JJP and Spooky offer.

1 week later
#4258 1 year ago

With the prices being garnered on Bond and Stranger Things I think its time someone startup a Lonnie Ropp fan appreciation thread. His recent games are literal gold on the pinball market.

2 weeks later
#5531 1 year ago
Quoted from Methos:

I can't believe there are so many people who never saw the old Bond movies. Next thing you know they will tell us the Beatles music is outdated.

It's as bad as listening to the Beatles without earmuffs.

1 month later
#7141 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I wonder how many movie clips used in that slot machine will also be in the Elwin Bond. I bet a lot

I would bet very few if any. It's a single level game with score reels and a programmer that last coded 90's pinball machines. Probably a much smaller team working on it than the typical Stern release. I think the action and fun will be on the playfield.

#7156 1 year ago

I was able to play the Pro on route over the weekend at the Blue Moon in Madison. Game software was .70. I had a lot of fun playing it even though the software is bare bones right now. It has a nice fluid layout and the game feels pretty solid/packed for a Pro. It has a good mix of easy and moderate difficulty shots. I really enjoy the left orbit spinner/ramp shot and the ability to combo that with the right ramp. The upper flipper shots are tighter but satisfying to hit. I would say that the right scoop is similar to Godzilla in difficulty and I think the left under flipper shot is relatively easy. The hardest part is making sure you don't hit it too hard so that it settles into the kickout.

There were a few things on this particular game that needed some adjustment which is common on a NIB game. The DB5 kicker would frequently kick the ball errantly into either the outlane or shooter lane. I lost a few balls because of this. Hopefully this can be resolved by adjusting the vuk strength. I also had the ball get stuck on the first drop target a couple times.-just needs to have the drops adjusted so they are level with the playfield. The ball would also require a small nudge in the right inlane after being released by the up-post. it just gets hung up on the switch which needs to be adjusted. All these should be easy fixes for new owners.

I can get an idea of what the code might be and I think it will likely have a solid rule-base when all is said and done. Probably comparable to STH. I think it will be a B to B+ level game for Stern which is good. Not every game can be Godzilla or JP2 but it is still enjoyable to play. If I was a huge Bond fan I might pick up a Pro as I don't think I'd really need the Premium options. If I had one complaint about the game it would probably be that it's a long player and not really drainy at all. For 9 single player games it took me 2 hours to play. I tend to gravitate towards more punishing/brutal layouts. This one is going to have to be modded for tourneys to lower game times. My average scores were close to 200 million and I set the GC right around 500 million and this was with an errant DB5 scoop that threw my ball down the outlane on numerous occasions.

I'm excited to play more once code develops!
Screenshot_20221129-085252_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221129-085252_Chrome (resized).jpg

#7158 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

In the current code, is the bonus still stupid over powered to the rest of the scoring?

That seems to have been fixed. My bonuses were all reasonable amounts.

#7164 1 year ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

Good to see you this weekend Mike! (and thanks for the fix it list )
Been tinkering when I have had time. Will get it mean enough to satisfy you pro players!
[quoted image]

It was good seeing you as well Jim! Thanks for adding a Bond to your epic line-up of games.. Your games play just as well as my games at home, I just wish I lived a little bit closer so I could stop out more often.

I think if you opened up the outlanes and boosted the sling strength that would speed up the game times for your tourneys. Hopefully I'll be able to make it out to a Craft Beer night soon!

#7182 1 year ago

I know it's been brought up that the playfield looks barren, but I'm wondering how much that has to do with the artwork vs. what's on the actual playfield? I think games like Deadpool and Godzilla look packed but I think a lot of that is due to Zombie Yeti's artwork looking "busy". If those had plain looking playfield art you'd see that the playfields are pretty wide open. I think there's as much in Bond Pro as there is in those other games, it just doesn't look like it because of the playfield artwork. Godzilla doesn't even have drop targets and only a single pop bumper. the building looks big but most of it is visual and doesn't interact with the ball. The rocket on Bond is actually more interactive than any of the toys in Godzilla.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 300.00
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Canyon Lake, CA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club?tu=MikeS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.