FB2C5C38-17F0-45D4-BCED-57EF94539DCE (resized).jpeg
E873B6CA-F0F2-4C5E-8589-E5B0B96E2CAF (resized).jpeg
ABFA1B74-F8DD-4DAE-B74F-110B222F23D0 (resized).jpeg
A8461CA8-3529-4922-9A2F-EEB6517CA7A5 (resized).jpeg
20221216_225500 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 VIDEO: Bond Game Trailer 9-22-22 Posted by mrossman5 (1 year ago)

Post #744 First pics Posted by Marv (1 year ago)

Post #4724 VIDEO: Live gameplay from London 9-26-22 Posted by KevInBuffalo (1 year ago)

Post #5159 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by J85M (1 year ago)

Post #7103 James Bond club thread Posted by Daditude (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KING-HENRY.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#991 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Ok I’ll say it…
“Will it smoke?”

I'm sure someone is setting up a mini fog machine to blow up and around the rocket (from under the playfield), as we speak..Well, that's what I would be mocking up right now!, if I bought one..but just got a MMr so no buying for a while!

#1361 1 year ago
Quoted from BlackTiePinhead:

great, so in 6 months, someone will see a LE with water/smoke damage from a 'rocket vapor' mod

Hahaaa. Only if someone fucks up the mod process. It only takes a vape effect to make this golden lol.

#1365 1 year ago

I honestly don’t understand why Stern even makes pros anymore. There was a time where it served, but no longer. The dumb masses of pinball is catching on. And some important toys that make the machine the way it should.

#1367 1 year ago

Long live the Queen! She could have died a few weeks ago, so the preorder would happen tomorrow . I’m just having fun here. I think it’s English-Weird that things stop for a week, in her Honor..I think she would have been on board with honoring her now, with the release. So silly parliament is. (And I’m half English lol)

#1905 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Ahhhhh, the joy of getting your TS4 deposit back....

thankfully, I got my 1K deposit back, opening night..minus $37 for the paypal fee..the BEST 37 BUCKS I ever spent in my life..Got a CCr SE instead. let the hooting and haulering begin...

#2460 1 year ago
Quoted from Hogey:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice..I have paradigm speakers as well

#2485 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Lots of ways they can do it not saying it's a replication of spy hunter the game.

Stern should let go of being 'stern' about having video modes...let it be' williams/sega/Data East had something golden there..Thankfully, I have a pocket full of these that still have a video mode..and not an ipad.

#2535 1 year ago

Can stern sell me an SLE for half the price, if they threw on the Timothy Dalton skin? who cares about theme anyways! 'By Grapthar's Hammer........what a savings.

#3439 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I’m thinking 007 and Stranger Things would make for a fantastic 2-pin lineup. One pin you’re shooting an anus, and the other a dildo. Match made in heaven

you had me at vagina and penis..

#3449 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Wish it had a rotating base to give you some crazy ball spin action.

yeah, I was just thinking about my X-MEN LE, when you texted this..There's a LOT of spinning magnet fun on xmen..I love magnets (but not on all machines, of course). Would be neat if the rocket itself was a magnet/ball-lock -the balls would eventually stick to it, then the rocket spins them off..just a quick thought on that.

#3610 1 year ago

that rocket better be made of stainless steel, and not plastic at these prices. Good luck and have fun on this one guys..I went with a Medeival Madness Remake instead. I'm sure it will shoot awesome though..so no hate..just don't want to beta test, and was THIS CLOSE to doing that on a TS4.

#3646 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I'm not sure the toys on the premium are worth 1k extra.

Unless the rocket was stainless steel .........lol.........

#4141 1 year ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Thank God they did not go with the Anthony Newley version. He was also a co-author of the song.

Fuk. Now I want Stewy from family guy to cover this.

#4188 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

No.
Here’s what’s happening. I see a lot of guys saying LEs are ridiculous and overpriced so I’m getting a premium. Here’s the problem - your premium will drop 1-2k bc it’s not limited. You know this so stop it. You just can’t buy one at msrp or an idiot.
Bond at 13k msrp won’t drop. Why? Bc I’ve already been asked to sell mine at higher than 13 and I won’t bc I want the game. I can flip this game in a heart beat so it’s a no loss situation.
Until LEs can’t be flipped, the price won’t stop increasing. Now take JJP for example. They raised the price to 15k and gave us nothing. As a result the market said hell no - and no one with any GD sense supported it (besides Zach and Greg but then again, livelihood so it’s complicated). JJP found that ceiling but not bc of price - they gave you nothing. I’m still not sold that if that game had toys it wouldn’t have sold. They were just so greedy and tried to Cronwell us but guess what -we didn’t fall for it.
Here’s the real question. Single level Stern but designed by their best and themed with one of their best - can they get 20k? That’s hard to guess but I’m going to say no. 200 yes 300 maybe but 500? I could be wrong but this 60th will really tell us where we are in this hobby.
If the 60th sells at 20k, the game is officially over and we’ve failed as a hobby. Period.

Your argument was strong until you said ‘hobby’.

#4360 1 year ago
Quoted from Tyler_Durden:

I present the definition of less is more.
[quoted image]

I vote this..I doubt I I would personally want to pay more, for less ink.( but I freely admit, your version rocks over the sneek peek) I would think they would put gold t-molding around it, like the golden age of Stern (AKA LotR, etc)..I had a Goldeneye, and with these prices, I'd buy back my old GE and call it a day!

Screen Shot 2022-09-24 at 9.13.54 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-09-24 at 9.13.54 PM (resized).png
#4440 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Bond is a special franchise/licence though, with a massive worldwide appeal and reach spanning 60 decades.
Put the same prices on a less popular licence and the results maybe different, guess we will see early next year when the next cornerstone drops.

600 years of Bond!!!

1 week later
#5147 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Then I HIGHLY recommend ordering teenage mutant ninja turtles during this last run. Extremely difficult and short playing pin, despite its cartoony theme.

Same goes with my X-Men LE..What a beast' of a machine trying to keep the ball alive..although the multiballs really help keep it going. It's sitting next to my Spiderman and CCr, and my game times are always higher..most of the time. (but I admit, I love magnet machines).

#5183 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I watched the Pinball News video again, and there is a lot to like here. A few quick thoughts:
-Code is obviously super basic at this point--I don't think we can even call it 50% coded yet by what I saw.
-Layout seems like a winner
-I like the use of other parts of Bond movie scores besides the main theme-song. The high-score entry music is a really great piece of music from one of the Connery movies (can't remember which off the top of my head)
-Seems to have some voiced movie clips, so that bodes well for theme integration once the game code is farther along
-As has been beaten to death, Spinner sound needs to go! It's so out-of-place.

Adding to the music here..Bond would not be BOND, without the late, GREAT JOHN BARRY..he totally rocked the soundtrack genre for most of the 60ies/70ies/early 80ies..not to mention his other works.."Dances with Wolves, Out of Africa, Black Hole, etc etc..I only say this because I'm also a film composer (used to be..now just doing pinball, lol)

#5412 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Pretty sure this predates blue screen (green screen came in for digital).
On those old movies they just rear projected on a big screen, which is why it generally looks so terrible.

I think people forgot about 'blue screens'..Although I can't say they were using blue screens on these particular films, but they were popular..GREEN SCREENS..yeah these are used 24/7 on video-shot material. I'd have to ask my buddy who used to work at Lucas Films, Robert Zemecis, etc. Industial Light and Magic's last 'backdrop' (hand painted backdrop about 15 feet wide, by 7 ft tall) was the last shot of Die Hard 2, at the tarmac as the credits start rolling..I saw that in person..kinda funny, as it totally fooled me on LD, DVD..probably can't fool on 4K though. And the last 'model' that ILM did was a decently-sized USS Protector, from Galaxy Quest...two distinct ends of one badass era. I MISS MODELS>..."Real Mechs".

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 14.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,450 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 385.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
New York, NY
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

$ 14.95
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KING-HENRY.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club?tu=KING-HENRY and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.