FB2C5C38-17F0-45D4-BCED-57EF94539DCE (resized).jpeg
E873B6CA-F0F2-4C5E-8589-E5B0B96E2CAF (resized).jpeg
ABFA1B74-F8DD-4DAE-B74F-110B222F23D0 (resized).jpeg
A8461CA8-3529-4922-9A2F-EEB6517CA7A5 (resized).jpeg
20221216_225500 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 VIDEO: Bond Game Trailer 9-22-22 Posted by mrossman5 (1 year ago)

Post #744 First pics Posted by Marv (1 year ago)

Post #4724 VIDEO: Live gameplay from London 9-26-22 Posted by KevInBuffalo (1 year ago)

Post #5159 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by J85M (1 year ago)

Post #7103 James Bond club thread Posted by Daditude (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider John_I.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#122 1 year ago

Wow Sean Connery era! If so this just went from a really good theme to dream theme.

#208 1 year ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Lots of FOMO without details, pictures, price etc. Typical pin title release day here on Pinside, nothing changed.

I was on the list for a while for an LE. If you didn't have a spot at least a couple of weeks ago, it is basically MO at this point. FOMO has already stopped being an option.

#615 1 year ago

Bond makes no sense for a Home game. Home games are themes friendly to families with young kids and never release at the same time as the full game. There also have been no insider rumors about Bond home game. My spidey sense is telling me the release on Tuesday will have more than one revelation that will lead to pinside servers possibly catching fire.

#1197 1 year ago

Playfield looks great, not a big fan of either cabinet. Fingers crossed that this is a game where the LE is the best art package. I'm in for an LE and looking forward to a new Gomez game! Been playing the crap out of Deadpool lately and this looks like a load of fun with an even better theme. Pussy Galore awaits!

#1307 1 year ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Better theme then Deadpool? That’s crazy to me

Understand that I really like Deadpool even though it is the comic book and not the movie. Sean Connery Bond is more on the level of a dream theme for me.

#1918 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Beatles didn’t have a full featured modern version & a street level version. It had one design, by one designer. Stern is not going to have 2 designers do 2 variations of the same theme. Fake news.

#1939 1 year ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Never saw any of those Bond movies, so I am not sure they are the most/least like of Bond eras. However, Stern picked the least like era of Godzilla movies (among the G-fans who see ALL the movies) for the pinball machine, and it actually was done well enough where even the G-Fans like it. Look forward to seeing this reveal.

I see it the opposite. I grew up watching the old Godzilla movies and the new ones all suck. I stopped even watching them. I'm soooooooo glad the Godzilla pin is based on 11 old Gz movies from the classic age. Also, really, really glad that if Bond has to be just one of them Connery is hands down the best.

#2165 1 year ago

Not sure of where this whole street level term came from? Street level is in no way the same as the home games in that they are on opposite ends of the price spectrum. There is definitely not going to be a home version at this point. What people are calling the street level version in reference to the Beatles really means a classic playfield refreshed with some new components like magnets, but still no ramps. This sort of Playfield can be designed by one of the regular designers in their spare time. Personally I love the classic playfield on the Beatles and if there was a similar Bond issue I might consider buying both versions. Probably not at the same time though

#2188 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Street level games was a term Gottlieb used for a cheap line of games with as little mechs as possible.
The Stern Home Pins sold now would more or less be equal comparison to the Gottlieb street level games.
Both even used MDF.

Yes. So my point is that the game people are theorizing here is a classic Playfield refresh similar to Beatles and completely on a different level from the home games. Beatles was certainly not MDF and had extra mechanisms from the original game. Opposite end of the price spectrum from a home game...

#2225 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Beatles is a premium product, its somewhat outside the discussion.

People are equating a street level version of this game with a home game. If there is a classic Playfield version of Bond it's going to be nothing like a home game and most similar in format to a Beatles diamond, so it is perfectly within this discussion. If these rumors are true I would expect it to be priced above the LE version. Not sure what I'm saying that is so confusing?

#2235 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Because the term "street level game" has been in use since the early 90's to denote a cheap ass game.
Gottlieb used it as an official term.
https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2017/11/16/the-history-of-street-level-pinballs/

Ok I understand. Terminology aside , I'm just trying to point out that if there is a second version of this game it'll not be a home, street level or cheap ass version. Whether it's a classic play field or not my money is betting that it'll be more expensive than the LE and definitely not made of MDF. Peace.

#2316 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I don’t know how many rolls of yellow T mold they have laying around ,but please dump them in recycling .I’ve become very fond of black as it lets the trans /back glass take center stage as it should .

Yeah agreed. The white that came on SW premium was simply awful mainly because it sticks out like a sore thumb. The game looks so much better in black, as would both of these.

#2619 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Also "worth" is very subjective in a hobby with such deep pockets

Considering what BM66 SLE sell for these days, they were well worth the original asking price.

#2620 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I don't know I may be in the minority but some of the guns protruding outwards are almost more of a hazard than they are worth.

Yeah my hip used to lose the battle every time against the guns on those 90's games. In a similar situation, the trailer hitch on my Yukon is an undefeated 54-0 vs my shins.

#3734 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Folks are saying on the elwin bond to exoect 20k.

I was told its a LOT more. Elwin or not, I'm happy to have confirmed my LE at MSRP and I will skip the 60th.

#4252 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I will start a new James Bond Bummer Thread heres a link.

All pricing aside Im Stoked Dudes.

Quoted from Chambahz:

Holy hell, so many whiny pinballers.

Yeah these new game reveal threads bring out the worst of the crybabies every time. Frustrating, but I've learned to laugh at it and this one is a mild one compared to some. Now that the reveal is pretty much complete, I'll just skim for new pictures and skip the whining. Sure I'm not happy about the price increase, but everything in my life has increased in price A LOT in the last year. I just paid $7000 to have my garage air conditioned and was told straight up that it cost 50% more now than it would have a year ago. This is why these are called First World Problems. Despite having worked my whole life to get to this point, I still feel lucky as hell to have problems like these.

Personally I could not be happier with the Bond playfield layout and I cannot wait to go pick up my LE at the distro.

#4404 1 year ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

STERN did sell their LE, but not to us, finals customers, distros all around the world take them
this means that we dont know if those distros will sell all of them, or take a blow in the end !?

That may be the case for some games like TS, but just try to get a 007 LE at MSRP! They are promised to final customers with deposits down and long waiting lists hoping people back out.

#4531 1 year ago

In the past I would have been much more worried about who is the programmer on a given game. Having owned most of the recent games including Gz and Rush, it's apparent that Stern has really done a lot to upgrade its software group and processes. They definitely have a long history of incomplete software at release along with highs and lows from one game to the next depending on the lead programmer. These newer games in the last few years are proof to me that they have come a long way in both areas.

Basically the complexity of the hardware drives the need to have a standing army of programmers and coders now to accomplish all of the game rules along with HD graphics and sound. It seems that the old days of a small group creating the game and also coding it themselves have changed. Hiring in people like Ray Davidson has really helped too. I can just picture prototype games being played by Ray, Keith, TS and others who all collaborate on great ideas.

Yes, I will still have my fingers crossed any time I am down for a new game without playing it, but I do feel good based on recent first hand experiences.

#4564 1 year ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

When you sell a game with insider connect, the original owner does have to transfer the pin ownership to the new buyer.
Been there, done that. No biggie.

Yep, go to insider on your browser and unregister the machine from your account with a couple of mouse clicks, then just do a factory reset on the machine or manually remove your wifi information. Easy as can be. I was skeptical at first but IC is actually really cool in addition to the wifi software install. It's not a signal of the four horseman drawing near as many people seem to be misled.

#4926 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

Has anyone else noticed the fine-grained orange peel clear on most of these photos? I picked up a NIB Deadpool pro this spring and it has this same texture.

I got a Deadpool Premium date May 21, 2022 and it has the finest clear coat that I have ever seen on a Stern. When they had the chipping problems back in the early JP and Iron Maiden days the removed the art from under posts and went with a really thin clear to remedy the issues. Now it seems like the clear is a little thicker again and really smooth and shiny. I suppose it varies from batch to batch but my GZ and Rush also have really nice clear coats on them.

#4956 1 year ago
Quoted from theadicts77:

'Real pizza'? Have you ever heard of this outlandish place they call Italy?

I grew up eating home made pizza from my Italian mother and her sisters. I do like the thin New York style pizza, but the best is Naples style. Look for "Napoletana" style pizza. If you are lucky there will be one near you. I have one about ten miles away and its the best pizza by far in the county. One more note: pizza is not pizza without mushrooms.

Back to Bond. Once again I am so glad the cornerstone game is just Connery. Don't muddy the waters with the pretenders.

#4969 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Rush and Bond would only be two cornerstones this year, supposed to be three unless they announced skipping another one due to delays that I missed.

I imagine they will move back to the regular schedule at this point, so another game in production just after new year. They basically skipped Venom for now to produce Bond around the anniversary. So they basically had two games ready to go. Good move to release Bond first. Many people, myself included would have held onto their money and skipped Venom to wait for Bond. Not many will do it the other way around. Bond will be a huge seller and Venom will get a few extra months of software updates before its release date!

#5054 1 year ago

I saw a "Bonus Held" in there. Has that been in many recent games? I like the idea of bonus being a bigger part in the scoring like it used to be in the late EM and Classic SS days. Hopefully they get back to that. I have balls on my Paragon where I score more on bonus than I did in the ball itself. Deadpool is also cool the way it counts down the bonus old school. With some multipliers you can really build up some bonus. I haven't seen a bonus held in that game though.

#5146 1 year ago

Gz just got to 1.0 so it hasn't been especially fast getting there - just under a year. Rush got to 1.0 on the same day, so it was a few months quicker.

1 week later
#5588 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

[quoted image]

Jive not jibe. Can't have it misspelled on the flipper lane inserts...

#5847 1 year ago

Getting closer! I got the call that I need to pay for my LE next week.

#5954 1 year ago

I will not be watching this or any other stream until I get my game. It's already bought and paid for, so I want to discover all the ins and outs myself rather than watching someone else do it. After I've played 50 or so games, I'll watch Ray Davidson or someone playing it on a stream so I can learn how to score and progress though the game.

#6086 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

And the candidate for the worst over hyped mech in a pinball machine since the BEER CAN in Family Guy, (which I own for the sake of transparency/relevance)

Without the spiral ramp, ball lock, diverter and gantry above that area I might agree its not great use of the space. It's mind boggling to me that people are saying they would prefer a Pro on this game...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
$ 55.00
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
New York, NY
$ 19.95
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 385.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

7,450 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
9,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ypsilanti, MI

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider John_I.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club?tu=John_I and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.