FB2C5C38-17F0-45D4-BCED-57EF94539DCE (resized).jpeg
E873B6CA-F0F2-4C5E-8589-E5B0B96E2CAF (resized).jpeg
ABFA1B74-F8DD-4DAE-B74F-110B222F23D0 (resized).jpeg
A8461CA8-3529-4922-9A2F-EEB6517CA7A5 (resized).jpeg
20221216_225500 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 VIDEO: Bond Game Trailer 9-22-22 Posted by mrossman5 (1 year ago)

Post #744 First pics Posted by Marv (1 year ago)

Post #4724 VIDEO: Live gameplay from London 9-26-22 Posted by KevInBuffalo (1 year ago)

Post #5159 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by J85M (1 year ago)

Post #7103 James Bond club thread Posted by Daditude (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dan1733.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1773 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I’m going to make a prediction/guess about the backglass art. I think there are already six or seven translite designs ready, one for each movie represented in the game and probably one general James Bond design. Pro comes with Dr. No, Premium comes with You Only Live Twice, LE comes with Goldfinger, but you will be able to buy any of the others once the games go on sale. Possible new revenue stream for Stern or wacky idea?

I doubt Stern will ever sell a mirrored backless to pro or premium owners

1 week later
#4652 1 year ago

I’ve never seen some play this long. Yet hit so few ramps.

1 week later
#5356 1 year ago

So odd that the game never says James Bond anywhere except the B-O-N-D inlanes and outlanes. Strange license issue -- but it says 007 everywhere.

1 week later
#5810 1 year ago

Every time I check back on the Forum front page, I see there are 70 or 80 new posts.

I think to myself, "wow, there must be some new/additional photos or video."

Its probably more productive to light a candle and say a prayer for someone to take delivery, so that an owner's thread is started.

#5855 1 year ago

Paid content. This was clear a mile away when stern connect was introduced. Say goodbye to free code updates.

#5866 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Never seen a hype thread with so little hype. Most convoluted and drawn out “launch” ever, and now that “off topic” posting gets deleted, there’s no activity at all. There is literally nothing else to talk about.
I’m guessing the thread explodes on the 18th!

So awesome. Post of the year. Retitle this thread the anti-hype group.

4 weeks later
#6769 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Good points and I share the same sentiment. I am turned off at this point.
My question is, now that Stern has set LE pricing at 13k for Bond, can they retreat from that and sell future LE's at a lower price? LE's are going to sit unsold with future releases, particularly for average themes. Venom comes to mind.
The economy is already shifting and I doubt unless it is a home run theme and game like Back To the Future, Stern and pinball manufacturers will be able to hold these price points going forward.

Don't think there is any retreat on the price. Would be more likely to reduce the number of LE's below 1000.

#6891 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I'd say "almost" zero fuck difference. If you have something like Super Pops and start a MB (which on this game look to dump them in the pops) you're going to miss a lot of switch hits.
What is the biggest issue here is that the Prem/LE ball lock takes 3 mechs to do one minor thing the Pro doesn't - the physical ball lock. The Jetpack also needs 3 things for it's function (up post, magnet, motor) but serves as the major upgrade toy in the game so that gets a pass.
For Bird One's physical lock, the Prem/LE has to first activate the diverter, then shoot up the VUK, then have the lock engaged. That's 3 coils for 1 stinking ball lock and must be why there's one less connection for the pops on the node board.
There's too many little things in the game - DB5 VUK, right inlane up post, underwater fight scoop, the three coils needed for physical Bird One lock, three things needed for Jetpack, 3rd flipper, spinner, pops that you realize it's a million little pieces that are adding up to one total experience.
Many Stern Prem/LE's like STH, AIQ, JP, LZ, IMDN, DP, GOTG, and SW typically have 1 major toy and maybe a secondary mech/ramp over the Pro. Bond goes with two major features over the Pro and each requires 3 freggin devices to make it work!
Long story short, and maybe unpopular opinion - Bird One physical lock is FAR too complicated for what little it does.

This is a great post. That said, I have always thought a physical ball lock was a good feature and worth a premium price. Toys and mechs that do something with the ball, that you can witness, make a game more valuable.

But then again, I also feel like a mirrored backglass is worth more, a feature only prominent when the game is turned off.

#6895 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Ignoring issues with Tourney play, physical ball locks are great. But it just shouldn't take away from gameplay elsewhere. Bird One is way too complicated.
If they had just the diverter and the VUK but redesigned the tower to house the opto counter, they could've removed the unnecessary up post where the balls currently lock. Just code it that the VUK fires each ball individually at the start of MB. Then they'd just spin around the wireform and dump to the upper flipper.
There, I just gave the same effect (arguably better because it happens at the beginning of MB) and opened up a node board port for the other pop. And it would be super easy to design as it's no different than a small 3-ball trough w/ eject.

No way. I need to see the balls sitting there, above the playfield, in anticipation of that MB.

#6913 1 year ago
Quoted from Mar:

I was also on the list for an LE. When I finally got the call from AMD I said no. Like others have said, I just don't see the value in a 20k pinball machine. I bought an Elvira HOH LE for 16.5k and I thought that was crazy, 20k is ludicrous. The other factor in my decision is that I am a huge Bond fan, but the fact it was Connery only just doesn't feel Bond to me. I like all the Bonds (some more than others), and having just Connery doesn't do it for me from the perspective of the entire franchise.
I might pick one up a few years down the line, but for now, the value just isn't there in my opinion.

Fortunately for you, Bond 60 will give you all the Bonds. Or rather sell you all the Bonds.

#6943 1 year ago

Zero games. One stream. 6942 posts.

This is what happens when Stern leaves us to our own devices.

#7097 1 year ago

fifteen minutes for one game......

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
New York, NY
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

8,200 (OBO)
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 59.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Print2pin

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dan1733.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club?tu=Dan1733 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.