FB2C5C38-17F0-45D4-BCED-57EF94539DCE (resized).jpeg
E873B6CA-F0F2-4C5E-8589-E5B0B96E2CAF (resized).jpeg
ABFA1B74-F8DD-4DAE-B74F-110B222F23D0 (resized).jpeg
A8461CA8-3529-4922-9A2F-EEB6517CA7A5 (resized).jpeg
20221216_225500 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 VIDEO: Bond Game Trailer 9-22-22 Posted by mrossman5 (1 year ago)

Post #744 First pics Posted by Marv (1 year ago)

Post #4724 VIDEO: Live gameplay from London 9-26-22 Posted by KevInBuffalo (1 year ago)

Post #5159 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by J85M (1 year ago)

Post #7103 James Bond club thread Posted by Daditude (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DakotaMike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4306 1 year ago

I actually like the code on Beatles. Simple yes, but way better code than anything we got in the actual early-SS era.

#4314 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

This is the first I've ever noticed the, Pinside, "Super Exclusive Ads" in-between comments and I'm already Super Irritated with them

Yeah, that's one if those ads that backfires and actually makes me want the product less.

#4477 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

This is what I think of a potential "extra modes" behind a pay wall subscription.
And yes, last year I was victim of a "don't ship the game" until the new year price hike. Best thing that could have happened. I canceled Mando Premium out of principle and got a Godzilla premium. Couldn't have been happier. [quoted image]

Guys, guys. Stern isn't locking game modes behind a pay wall. It sounds like the special missions will be some kind of unique IC achievements. Maybe a multipart or limited time window type of thing.

I definitely didn't get a "mode" vibe at all from my reading of the statement.

#4634 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, looks more like the delay might be so it has a bit more code so doesn't ship like Batman'66. Bare bones at the moment. Jetpack multiball was what I was looking for and it didn't even give a ball to drop on the tank.

The player never hit the left-orbit shot during the MB, and that seems like the shot that feeds to the jetpack. They did eventually hit that orbit, but it was seconds after draining down to a single ball. Ag, so close!

So perhaps we would have seen the jetpack do something if the player had hit that shit during the actual mb.

#4647 1 year ago

I really hope that spinner sound is temporary. It's not good. Sounds very out-of-place, and kind of annoying.

It's nothing at all like the satisfying spinner sounds on games like JP3 or Avengers. I think they were going for some kind of pile of diamonds jingling together sound, but it does not work for me.

#5157 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Never get sick of the Bond theme, so good.
I have Ghostbusters, I've never got sick of that theme.

It is good, but it shouldn't be overused. Right now they are using the James Bond Theme music for both the Jetpack MB and for the Bird1 MB, and that's not great IMO.

Imagine if Godzilla MB, Tank MB, and MechaGodzilla MB all used the Blue OC song. Would be crazy. And that's what we've got right now on Bond. So I'd imagine they'll change for release.

#5181 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Think its good fun, but maybe is more to the fact that the guy playing is a real good player. Watch his nudging skills to see how well he controls the ball. Would think average players will bounce the ball into the slings a lot, which he did not do most of the time. Shows advanced skills, so would not say its a long player. GG himself said its not one of his easy shooting games, rather on the tougher side.

Right. Martin is not just good--he was the number 1 ranked player in the UK for literally years, until he decided to step back from competing as much. So to say he's good, would be an understatement.

#5182 1 year ago

I watched the Pinball News video again, and there is a lot to like here. A few quick thoughts:

-Code is obviously super basic at this point--I don't think we can even call it 50% coded yet by what I saw.

-Layout seems like a winner

-I like the use of other parts of Bond movie scores besides the main theme-song. The high-score entry music is a really great piece of music from one of the Connery movies (can't remember which off the top of my head)

-Seems to have some voiced movie clips, so that bodes well for theme integration once the game code is farther along

-As has been beaten to death, Spinner sound needs to go! It's so out-of-place.

#5443 1 year ago

I just finished the last of the Connery Bond movies yesterday, and I gotta say...I actually think "From Russia with Love" might be my favorite.

RussiaPoster (resized).jpgRussiaPoster (resized).jpg

It has a real Cold-War spy-thriller feel, and it's got a lot of classic murder-on-a-train-mystery shenanigans. The final fight between Bond and the henchman Grant (played by Robert Shaw of Jaws fame) is surprisingly visceral and brutal, with the two of them having to fight it out in a small room on a train. One of the more engaging and realistic-feeling fights of the era. And the Bond Girl of the film, Tatiana Romanova, is in my Top 3 of the Connery women.

My personal favorite Bond Girl of the era is probably Tiffany Case from Diamonds Are Forever.

dcmudue-3ae7ebc9-a6d5-40b7-858d-8ea08ac331af (resized).jpgdcmudue-3ae7ebc9-a6d5-40b7-858d-8ea08ac331af (resized).jpg

Aside from being easy on the eyes, and mostly clad in lingerie and bikinis through the film, she plays one of the biggest roles of any of Bond girls. And she probably has the most character development too. Only Pussy Galore comes close in this regard.

Watching these movies also gave me a new perspective on Austin Powers.

Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png

They pulled so many references from these movies--from Dr. Evil's look, to the villain's lair inside a volcano, pools of flesh-eating piranhas, No. 2 henchman with an eyepatch, the hitmen trying to kill Bond disguised as roomservice bringing in a dinner cart, to the hero shockingly punching a woman only to have it revealed he was an evil agent in drag all along, ect.

Bond-04-Thunderball-17 (resized).jpgBond-04-Thunderball-17 (resized).jpg

I really enjoyed the Connery Bond films quite a bit. And man, the theme songs were killer from Goldfinger, to Thunderball, to You Only Live Twice, to Diamonds Are Forever, really good stuff! Dr. No is probably the only one of the films I don't plan on ever watching again. Although it's got some good scenes (especially in the first half), it's a bit too creaky and slow for me to really be interested in going back to it. But it's still not a bad film, and worth watching once at least.

To say I'm now more pumped than ever for Stern's 007 would be an understatement!

#5630 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

This was apparent in the 80’s. But what do you want to do cancel it?

I'm sorry, but you're dumb dude. Brianna very clearly stated that she loved the old Bond films, so obviously she doesn't want to "cancel" them. It's like you guys are making up things to be mad at, in order to confirm your worldview.

While waiting for Stern Bond to ship, a lot of us are watching or re-watching the old movies, and giving our takes. The issue of consent is certainly a problematic element in most the Connery Bond movies, and it's okay for people to point that out. I definitely felt uncomfortable watching some of the scenes with my 10-year-old daughter in the room. What saves them, to a certain extent, is that after each of the "problematic" scenes, the women always seem very enamored of James, and quite "into" him. So I think that reduces the cringe-factor quite a bit.

But other than a few brief scenes, the Connery Bond movies still hold up pretty damn well, and are a lot of fun.

Quoted from BriannaWu:

Let's not forget, the other side of this is true too. The Bond films were very progressive in their day in many ways.
You had the sexual politics. We gloss over this today, but having women able to wear bikinis and sex openly represented was fairly shocking at the time. I'm of the opinion you cannot have women's liberation without sexual liberation - so this is something I appreciate.
You had women represented as professionals in a male dominated workplace. Again, we gloss over it today but it was very unusual at the time where women were generally relegated to being secretaries and housewives. You also had Pussy Galore and Rosa Klebb who are clearly queer coded in major films. I'm not saying it was perfect representation, but it was a bold choice for the time and opened the door to better things.
I think you can't have it both ways, personally. If we're celebrating 60 years of Bond, and we should, you can note the good and the bad.
The reason I love watching all the Bond films in order is you get to see 60 years of world history in front of you. The geopolitics. The technology. The ways they treat women. Not all of it is good, but all of it is interesting.

Well said.

I agree with your comment on the history element to watching these movies too. One thing that I really enjoyed while watching "From Russia With Love" was all the location scenes of 1960s Istanbul. It was great to see the what the people and streets of the city looked like back then, and getting to see it all in the full-HD of the recent releases is a nice treat. Makes them feel more "real" than if all we had was blurry SD copies of the films.

Definitely, a time capsule element to the movies, for sure.

#5686 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Is there an “out before the lock” achievement?

Would be pretty hilarious if the hype thread for the game got locked before the game even came out!

#5691 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

Nice personal attack surely shows your maturity and intelligence level

I apologize for using the word "dumb." I agree that it was perhaps a bit unkind of me. I'm not so sure that it's a reflection on my maturity or intelligence, but I'll try to restrain myself in future.

As far as the personal attack thing goes, I'm happy for us to all have different opinions, and I particularly respect well-thought out expressions of those opinions. In this case, I made a personal statement about you because I felt your comment was very poorly reasoned, and displayed either a high level of disingenuousness or a lack of comprehension of the post that you were quoting. So that's why I used the word that I did. But I won't do so again.

#5741 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Lets all meet back here when Chicago Gaming comes out with Pulp Fiction. The movie uses extremally offensive racial language and they stereotyped Black Americans. And that's just for starters.
FYI: Pulp Fiction won the Academy Award for Best Picture, Best Director, Best Original Screenplay,

No, we only get to do that if they reveal Pulp Fiction, but then don't ship games or do any streams of it for a month. THEN we get to analyze the movie!

There's a system. A process, if you will!

#5775 1 year ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Just scored this on the Amazon day for crazy cheap! Ready for a marathon! Pumped to get a pro!
[quoted image]

Nice. I've got that set as well. The movies look great. It's really cool to see them looking so high definition. All I had growing up were blurry reruns on TV.

Quoted from eharan:

How cheap was it. Its $80 now.
Thanks

I snagged a "Like New" used copy for 50 bucks shipped a few weeks ago. Good value.

Quoted from pinballaddicted:

You are going to be disappointed with the movies... The woke society has altered the movies, i.e. No Pussy Galore, scenes missing, etc. That how they are in Australia anyway.

Hmm, that might be an Australian thing. The movies didn't seem altered in any way that I noticed. Pussy Galore and her flying circus were intact and glorious in the version of Goldfinger that I watched.

#6121 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Yea BM66 was saved by epic code. You’re making a huge leap assuming that the same will happen here when the person on code is different.

IDK, the layout on Bond looks great to me. Don't think it needs "saving", the way the BM66 layout did.

What is there codewise is what I wanted to see. Lots of synced video clips, and scenes advancing as you make shots. So the direction the code is heading towards, works for me.

#6186 1 year ago

Finally finished watching the stream. Definitely seems fun to shoot, and with that upper flipper there is some big multishot flow-potential.

My heart broke a little while Mike Vinikour was playing his last ball though. He was getting far into the Goldfinger mode, but it canceled out of it when he started JetPack MB. And when JetPack finished it never resumed Goldfinger. So we never got to the "No Mr Bond, I expect you to Die!" line. Rough, rough code.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 425.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Union, KY
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

11,100 (OBO)
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DakotaMike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club?tu=DakotaMike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.