B0646D82-852B-4304-A4CD-23B4A22BDDCF (resized).jpeg
D42D0E5A-DC87-4B80-9D62-E59D378CACBA (resized).jpeg
FB2C5C38-17F0-45D4-BCED-57EF94539DCE (resized).jpeg
E873B6CA-F0F2-4C5E-8589-E5B0B96E2CAF (resized).jpeg
ABFA1B74-F8DD-4DAE-B74F-110B222F23D0 (resized).jpeg
A8461CA8-3529-4922-9A2F-EEB6517CA7A5 (resized).jpeg
20221216_225500 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 151.
#4701 1 year ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Looks like the video is marked private now. Could you repost it?

Somehow YouTube zilched it from my saved videos also.

#4702 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

If the game is styled after all the Connery movies, it would be fun if each of the LCD screen mimics the respective move intros for the movie/mode playing. They're all visually stylish in their own ways.

Yep. We didn’t get to see prior to the game starting in that video, but maybe the player gets to select the bond film/song at the start of their game and the video/music theme plays in the background throughout the ball? I’m thinking similar to starting a game in Rush but the bonus is the video montage playing along with the films theme track.

#4703 1 year ago

That video saved me money.

Thank you. Thank you for sharing/posting.

#4704 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

You’ve been throwing stones from day 1.
You’re now being critical of a game that’s in such early development, Stern has asked the video be removed.
Keep up the good work, Debbie Downer!

#4705 1 year ago

I think the game looks great. 3 ramps. 3 orbit shots. I think the right orbit shot between the ramps will be a fun shot.

I like when end of the flipper shots have something fun and important to hit and with the DB5/gadgets, and the underwater fight scene/eject this definitely fits the bill. The left ramp is awesome....I really like long sweeping shots. I think the rocket area will be fun...3 drops, orbit/lock shot and the shot on the left with the one way gate. There is a lot going on there with the rocket and the spectre targets. It will be interesting to see all that come together and how challenging it is to hit all those targets. That should give the coders a lot to work with. Staging shots with the up-post is always fun. I hope they make you attempt a particular shot like one of the drops or the shot just to the left of them to "destroy" the main villains lair or something.

#4706 1 year ago
Quoted from mslow:

Bond In London video

Anyone have a mirror of this video? It's now coming up s private.

#4707 1 year ago

Did you see the text that mentioned stern tried to update the code on both the pro and premium yesterday prior to this showing and both updates failed so had to do show it as is.

This was reported by pinball news and over on the pinballinfo forum. Also said they hope to update today and have new video. Lol

#4708 1 year ago

Game looked awesome. It looked slightly easy and curvy wireforms rule, always.

Toys simultaneously looked cool and also made me happy that I can only “afford” my location pro.

That player was a perfect middle ground example of pinball. Not great. Not clueless. Took some time to warm up.

Nobody is going to give a bleep about bare bones once the code gets rolling. And it will.

Most successful games are those with easy main multiballs, satisfying shots, above average brick friendliness, and cool themes. Early indication are check check check and check.
Bummer the vid was only up for a bit. Wait won’t be long though. Go drink some pumpkin spice.

#4709 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Come on, it wasn’t that bad. The gameplay and flow looked nice. The layout looks good too.

#4710 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

"A crappy cell phone video of early code gave me a reason to pass even though I wasn't interested because of the price hikes." There, fixed it for you.

#4711 1 year ago

How dare I have an opinion!?

My apologies. It Will never happen again.
Maybe one day I’ll be as ”positive” as you.

Quoted from Chambahz:

You’ve been throwing stones from day 1.
You’re now being critical of a game that’s in such early development, Stern has asked the video be removed.
Keep up the good work, Debbie Downer!

#4712 1 year ago

Some many people in the pin world... I love it..... I hate it... never gonna get one.... oh I really like it hahahah.

#4713 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Come on, it wasn’t that bad. The gameplay and flow looked nice. The layout looks good too.

It took the player a bit of time to get into the groove but once they did looked like they were making great shots.

#4714 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Why would Stern pay someone to do this? Their current strategy of ignoring the complaints and cashing checks when those same people buy the next game anyway seems to be working out OK for them.

How monitors generally work for free, it's just in their nature.

#4715 1 year ago

Didn’t really watch the video. I was hoping to catch up and watch it today. I know it’s a “prototype” but it would have really like to watch it. If anyone can post a copy, it would be appreciated

#4716 1 year ago

#4717 1 year ago

I'd sure like to see some gameplay. I am in, but pro or premium? I can do without a physical ball lock, but do the features truly change the gameplay? It makes a bit a difference on GZ, not so much on DP. Will the pro not have the dragon tank multiball at all? These are questions I have.

#4718 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Someone should start a "Stern is going to go out of business for raising prices" thread so we can go back to speculating about the Bond pin.
The bitching about pricing is getting tedious.

Not sure if these threads could be moderated, but then there might only be a page of posts left in the hype thread

#4719 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

How monitors generally work for free, it's just in their nature.

In China, the CCP pays social media monitors and bots by the post. The more propaganda they post, the more they make.

#4720 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

How dare I have an opinion!?
My apologies. It Will never happen again.
Maybe one day I’ll be as ”positive” as you.

Oh your opinion is every bit as valuable as everyone else’s, sincerely.
But you started by complaining about the delay, then you called Stern “crooks” for raising the price.
Then you said you’re happy to sit back with your Aerosmith pro increasing in value due to the recent price increase…
So be honest: did this recent video really influence your decision to buy a Bond, or are you just continuing to find ways to rain on everyone else’s parade?
Seems like you opted out before the video, no?
Honestly?

#4721 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

In China, the CCP pays social media monitors and bots by the post. The more propaganda they post, the more they make.

In Russia's disinformation farms, you also get bonus pay when your shitposting goes viral

#4722 1 year ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

But you started by complaining about the delay, then you called Stern “crooks” for raising the price.
Then you said you’re happy to sit back with your Aerosmith pro increasing in value due to the recent price increase…
So be honest: did this recent video really influence your decision to buy a Bond, or are you just continuing to find ways to rain on everyone else’s parade?
Honestly?

Apollo18 isn't "raining on everyone else's parade". You've been here for 9yrs and this is what upsets you? Give the dude a break!

#4723 1 year ago

Never called them “crooks”

Never said “I’m happy to sit back and watch my AS pro go up on value”
That is my LEAST valuable pin. What do I care what AS pro costs? lol

I’m buying 2-3 NIB pins a year. I’m not the guy you are making me out to be in your assumptions.

You really don’t know me man.
Please stop the lies and attacks.

You likely have me confused with another account.

Quoted from Chambahz:

Honestly?

#4725 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Apollo18 isn't "raining on everyone else's parade". You've been here for 9yrs and this is what upsets you? Give the dude a break!

Give him a break? It’s a Bond hype thread. How many posts does any one person need to make to tell everyone they don’t like it?
(The answer is “none”)
But fine if you feel the need to complain about the price, or the theme, or whatever. But how about doing it once (or twice if you really need to?) and then move on. Why continue with the stone throwing after clearly indicating you’re not buying one?
There are few people we can share the excitement of a new game with and this is the thread to do it in.
If you wish to support the “Stern sucks part III” posting, be my guest but there are a few people in this thread who for some reason feel the need to continue being negative. I’m just saying it’s not really the place.
Sorry but my opinion also counts.

#4726 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Im not in this so that I can sit back and enjoy seeing my AS pro go “up in value” because Stern decided the best way to stop flippers robbing their loyal costumers was, to instead rob and the squeeze the costumers themselves.

I stand corrected and apologize. You didn’t call them “crooks”. Robbers would have been accurate I think?

#4727 1 year ago

You need to re-read that.
You may have a reading comprehension problem.

I accept your apology.

Quoted from Chambahz:

I stand corrected and apologize. You didn’t call them “crooks”. Robbers would have been accurate I think?

#4728 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

You need to re-read that.
You may have a reading comprehension problem.
I accept your apology.

Final post cause it’s also not fair to hijack this thread with comments that are not related to Bond hype.
You said that Stern will instead, “rob and squeeze the customers, themselves.”
I hope I’m wrong and that you are, actually enjoying the excitement of this new release.

#4729 1 year ago
85646650-5F97-4627-A1B2-93D43641A282.gif85646650-5F97-4627-A1B2-93D43641A282.gif
#4730 1 year ago

DM me if you have a problem with me.

And once again, before you do,
Re-read the message you posted, WELL.

I’m sure everyone has had enough of your “positivity” in this thread.

Quoted from Chambahz:

Final post cause it’s also not fair to hijack this thread with comments that are not related to Bond hype.
You said that Stern will instead, “rob and squeeze the customers, themselves.”
I hope I’m wrong and that you are, actually enjoying the excitement of this new release.

#4731 1 year ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Give him a break? It’s a Bond hype thread. How many posts does any one person need to make to tell everyone they don’t like it?
(The answer is “none”)
But fine if you feel the need to complain about the price, or the theme, or whatever. But how about doing it once (or twice if you really need to?) and then move on. Why continue with the stone throwing after clearly indicating you’re not buying one?
There are few people we can share the excitement of a new game with and this is the thread to do it in.
If you wish to support the “Stern sucks part III” posting, be my guest but there are a few people in this thread who for some reason feel the need to continue being negative. I’m just saying it’s not really the place.
Sorry but my opinion also counts.

This reminds me of the Apple fanboy threads when someone gets their feelings hurt due to someone speaking negatively on the topic.. There are 95 pages in this thread so far, I am sure you can manage to scroll by the posts you don't like....

#4733 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Just in case it gets lost into the next page of arguing!

I just watched this. Looks great. Can we talk about my previous comment before all the bickering about pro vs. premium again? LOL. Are the mechs worth it? I saw bond on a wand in this video but can't really appreciate the effect it has on gameplay.

#4734 1 year ago
GILMORE.gifGILMORE.gif
#4735 1 year ago

I would just like to clarify
These were lies about me
And misquoted attacks.

He apologized. I accepted.

All good here Moneypenney.

Quoted from Chambahz:

But you started by complaining about the delay…
Honestly?

#4736 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

I would just like to clarify
These were lies about me
And misquoted attacks.
He apologized. I accepted.
All good here Moneypenney.

Nobody gives a shit

This isn't a court of law dude.

#4737 1 year ago

Thanks! I missed out on the YouTube version.

I'm impressed with how well the ball shoots on the right side of the playfield. We got to see the 3 ball lock multiball, Jet pack multiball, and the Extra ball sequences. Overall I'm impressed.

#4738 1 year ago

The person being attacked and lied about gives a shit.

Your lack of character is showing btw
But who gives a sh*t tho right !? LOL

You work for Stern, right?

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nobody gives a shit
This isn't a court of law dude.

#4739 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Somehow YouTube zilched it from my saved videos also.

It was made private.... meaning that whoever posted the video had to manually turn the video private.

Meaning..

Stern did not issue a DMCA request
Wasn't YouTube who did it

Also means that it wasn't deleted.

(if anyone cares)

#4740 1 year ago

Very early code in that phone vid. Doesn't impress much but shows good promise of what's to come.

#4741 1 year ago

Free can of natty light (pick up only) to the guy who uploads the video here first.

#4742 1 year ago

With that layout and toys it needs to have A+++ code and theme integration. Which with who is rumored to be on code that is highly highly unlikely.

#4743 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

It was made private.... meaning that whoever posted the video had to manually turn the video private.
Meaning..
Stern did not issue a DMCA request
Wasn't YouTube who did it
Also means that it wasn't deleted.
(if anyone cares)

Just look at pinballnews's facebook post - this is not some big mystery.

Screen Shot 2022-09-27 at 12.56.34 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-09-27 at 12.56.34 PM (resized).png

They posted a video, obviously someone asked them to take it down, so they did. Probably a simple request to ask them to wait until the game is updated because he already said he hopes to get new video soon.

This is dead simple... Stern just asking to not have their ugly side shown by Martin.

#4744 1 year ago

I don't like Stranger Things as a game myself (I find the shots very boring), but I do think it's up there in terms of Stern slicing up footage for integration and mode ideas. In that regard, I think that same team can do well with James Bond

#4746 1 year ago

Helping the thread get back on track.
Thanks for the Video again.
Much appreciated, saved me from making a mistake. .

#4747 1 year ago

Thanks so much for posting.

Yeah, lighting not the best (we are so accustomed to great streaming out there)- makes the playfield look very bare which it is not.

Stern keeps hitting home runs, even with their "duds".

Munsters- I passed on that and ended buying a heavily routed pro. Look at the premium prices now.

Stranger things - not very impressive early on. I paid a premium for a premium. At least I found one for sale.

Led Zeppelin - not the best out there but in its last run and prices are holding. Great code. Buy one now.

James Bond- from all of the poorly photographed leaks- looks very cool. Theme is killer. No brainer buy in my mind. Even if you dislike it- there are plenty of other buyers out there that will relieve you of your misery.

Mando, AIQ, Rush- all fabulous games- still plentiful and available - will not be the case next year.

I am in my 60s and don't have as long a future in this great hobby as the rest of you. I try to buy or borrow all of the new games- yeah am a very fortunate ROP. I am now labelled a Stern fanboy because I hold onto those- great games with great themes and great code.

Back to Bond- will be one of Stern's most popular and I can't wait to play it-multiple times.

Cheers.

#4748 1 year ago

Love the physical ball lock. Wish they would do a 5 ball lock.

#4749 1 year ago

Really don’t the like the slot machine animations.
The only person that plays slots is Q briefly in DAF.
Don’t like the association with pinball

#4750 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Love the physical ball lock. Wish they would do a 5 ball lock.

why not 7 lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 59.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Print2pin

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 55.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Union, KY
$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

11,500 (Firm)
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 151.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club/page/95?hl=mrawesome44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.