B0646D82-852B-4304-A4CD-23B4A22BDDCF (resized).jpeg
D42D0E5A-DC87-4B80-9D62-E59D378CACBA (resized).jpeg
FB2C5C38-17F0-45D4-BCED-57EF94539DCE (resized).jpeg
E873B6CA-F0F2-4C5E-8589-E5B0B96E2CAF (resized).jpeg
ABFA1B74-F8DD-4DAE-B74F-110B222F23D0 (resized).jpeg
A8461CA8-3529-4922-9A2F-EEB6517CA7A5 (resized).jpeg
20221216_225500 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 151.
#4651 1 year ago

Not sure on this one, need to see a better stream, and I’m a huge Connery Bond fan. Seems pretty floaty, maybe it wasn’t set up properly. BM66 was pretty bad at first and then became excellent. This made me more interested in the 60th, not that I could get one.

#4652 1 year ago

I’ve never seen some play this long. Yet hit so few ramps.

#4653 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

I’ve never seen some play this long. Yet hit so few ramps.

I am taking this as a good sign. The annoying spinner sounds need to go though!

#4654 1 year ago

Boy that jetpack Bond with the refridgerator strapped to his back is really dumb. Unless it is more interactive I have no idea why it is in the game? After dropping the ball and missing the tank he just sat there? I assume it will get better like slimer in GB. Looks like fun but wish it had some magnets in the playfield for a gadget feel and slow the ball down for the upper flipper.

#4655 1 year ago

Dude bricked for the first 3/4’s of the vid but then started nailing the ramps and it showed some fast and amazing flow.

#4656 1 year ago

The scoring reminded me of of ST.

ST reminded me of GOTG.

GOTG reminded me of AS.

AS reminded me of KISS.

Which is a way of saying that Bond code will have similarities of all of above.

Lonnie code seems to use same base and then develop.

All of the above are fun to play though, so Bond should be no different.

#4657 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Gomez is arguably a designer, but he runs the engineering group @ Stern and doesn't take the lead on specific games very often.

I predict the gameplay video for the Gomez Edition will not live up to the hype. The KME 60th anniversary design is highly likely to live up to the hype, given his teams track record.

Gomez is a step in designer for other designers that quit or get fired. This is his 2nd corner stone in the past 10 years. Bat 66 is the same layout as The Dark Knight it doesn't count. 1 home pin design for 2 themes and 1 other rethemed home pin.

#4658 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

The scoring reminded me of of ST.
ST reminded me of GOTG.
GOTG reminded me of AS.
AS reminded me of KISS.
Which is a way of saying that Bond code will have similarities of all of above.
Lonnie code seems to use same base and then develop.

The system menu for Aerosmith had "KISS Army Multiball" in the settings of the first release of the code. OOPS.

Also, the song select bug from KISS code was also imported accidentally.

Yep. That's how the Lonnster rolls.

#4659 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

Gomez is a step in designer for other designers that quit or get fired. This is his 2nd corner stone in the past 10 years. Bat 66 is the same layout as The Dark Knight it doesn't count. 1 home pin design for 2 themes and 1 other rethemed home pin.

Deadpool?

What do you think of Bond shot layout?

#4660 1 year ago
Quoted from Av8:

What do you think of Bond shot layout?

The scoop on the left (and yes it is effectively a scoop) is a lost opportunity unless it does something more than just pop the ball back upfield. I'd like to see a subway over to the Q branch VUK

Aside from that, looks like a great layout.

#4661 1 year ago
Quoted from Rat:

Bugger, just as I was considering putting a deposit on GZ prem, if I put my deposit on today I might get the machine in six months, March/April/May 2023 and it will cost me an EXTRA AUD$1,700 now AUD$14,950 for the same game that is currently being advertised at AUD$13,250
I wonder how long it will take the dealers to edit their websites? currently they still have the old price listed next to the pre-order button.

How much was the JP? , I actually thought when you said you had a new pin coming it was GZ when you bought JP

#4662 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The system menu for Aerosmith had "KISS Army Multiball" in the settings of the first release of the code. OOPS.
Also, the song select bug from KISS code was also imported accidentally.
Yep. That's how the Lonnster rolls.

Done any development before? Take routines that have been tested, change a bit, when under the pump and deploy. If the use case isn't a big deal, V0.70 of a pinball for instance, roll it out!
Pinball isn't a payments device, although my credit card feels the pain with each new release

#4663 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I see absolutely nothing new or interesting in that game. Shoot three balls up a wide open shot in the middle to start multi ball.. yay

Add the GOAT GZ into that too, just shoot up the middle into the building 3 times once locks are lit and boom multiball.

#4664 1 year ago
Quoted from DKong:

How much was the JP? , I actually thought when you said you had a new pin coming it was GZ.

I bought my JP prem ten months ago for $11,136 which is $3,814 cheaper than a GZ prem is selling for now. That sure is a massive price rise in less than a year.

#4665 1 year ago
Quoted from peely:

Done any development before?

Heh, yeah, I've done a fair bit.

Quoted from peely:

Take routines that have been tested, change a bit, when under the pump and deploy.

It's not a surprise, but how hard is it to do some cleaning sweeps on the code to remove references to the prior use? It's not like he couldn't have searched the source for the word "KISS" - it just wasn't done.

He seems to do the reuse code thing with little change more than most at Stern, and bringing in a previously documented bug to Aerosmith with the reused KISS code was not that surprising.

He also is on record as saying Rolling Stones being one of the best Stern music pins. Really.

#4666 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I see absolutely nothing new or interesting in that game. Shoot three balls up a wide open shot in the middle to start multi ball.. yay

This was how I felt after suffering through that video...except,

Quoted from kklank:

Loved the ramp shots.
Looks terrific! Let’s crank out that code!

The ramps do look sweet/smooth, but I have sweet/smooth ramps in many of my games! So, again, nothing new or interesting.

I love the license, but have a feeling I'm not going to love the game. I owned BM66 for awhile...loved the license & video content, hated the (boring) gameplay.

Man, that software is early/simplistic...so impossible to get a feel for the game at this juncture.

Bring on the 60th anniversary old-school KME design!

#4667 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

H
He seems to do the reuse code thing with little change more than most at Stern, and bringing in a previously documented bug to Aerosmith with the reused KISS code was typical.

It's common in all markets, most code is evolutionary not revolutionary.

When I was reverse engineering code on the Chrysler fuel injection back in the early 90s it was frankly astonishing to see how much went back to the initial 1985 release. You could actually see how it was all added on and grew more complex from platform changes to platform changes 1985 -> 1988-1989 -> 1990+

#4668 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

It's common in all markets, most code is evolutionary not revolutionary.
When I was reverse engineering code on the Chrysler fuel injection back in the early 90s it was frankly astonishing to see how much went back to the initial 1985 release. You could actually see how it was all added on and grew more complex from platform changes to platform changes 1985 -> 1988-1989 -> 1990+

It's more about the sloppiness than the fact that it's done. Not sweeping code for old names and bringing forward known, documented bugs without fixing them is just lazy.

#4669 1 year ago

Video is private?

Quoted from mslow:

Bond In London video

#4670 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Video is private?

Wasn't private an hour ago...someone apparently decided to take it down.

#4671 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's more about the sloppiness than the fact that it's done. Not sweeping code for old names and bringing forward known, documented bugs without fixing them is just lazy.

Time constraints and complexity are often issues.

#4672 1 year ago

Anyone grab it and can repost? Says private now.

And did danger confirm stream date?

#4673 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Time constraints and complexity are often issues.

Yes, I get that, but the patter is that it's often Lonnie's games that suffer or languish with boring code marked "finished."

Dwight has the occasional misfire, Rick Naegele rocks it with Elwin's designs, Lyman was almost always great to legendary, even if it took a bit, Tanio was AMAZING on Deadpool on his first time out as the lead, but Lonnie's are usually just "good enough" and sometimes not even that, UNLESS he has strong support from other coders.

#4674 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Anyone grab it and can repost? Says private now.
And did danger confirm stream date?

Kicking myself for not grabbing it. I thought since it was a public showing it wouldn't be pulled. Guess I was wrong. Boo, Stern.

#4675 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes, I get that, but the patter is that it's often Lonnie's games that suffer or languish with boring code marked "finished."
Dwight has the occasional misfire, Rick Naegele rocks it with Elwin's designs, Lyman was almost always great to legendary, even if it took a bit, Tanio was AMAZING on Deadpool on his first time out as the lead, but Lonnie's are usually just "good enough" and sometimes not even that, UNLESS he has strong support from other coders.

Again without knowing more, hard to beat on one guy.

When the boss states SHIP IT, you ship it regardless if cleaned up or not. Some coders left to their own devices will noodle about forever.

My own software for turbo cars will have several different revisions as I try out various features and tweaks once the core air & fuel ratios are ironed out. Failure of the core functions has a high penalty so gets the most attention for obvious reasons.

piston (resized).jpgpiston (resized).jpg
#4676 1 year ago

Anyone save the video that can share it?

#4677 1 year ago

I’m interested to play this one before buying, it doesn’t leap out at me in any way at these prices. I’m jaded or whatever but I was able to buy a JP premium (with IC) for $7800 18 months ago and SW comic premium (no IC) for $7300 (3 years ago).

Now the Bond pro is $7k (close to premium 2-3 years ago) and premium $9.5k (DP or Maiden LE were $9k) and heck $13k for the LE.

Someone offered me the LE for $16k lol that’s the price of two premium pins not too long ago I don’t want it at $13k much less $16k. Umm no thanks. I’m not saying it’s bad or anything but the prices are off the hook especially if the code is (maybe) a weak point (or at least early code weak).

My point is people think the LE will go up since DP or Maiden went up but they were starting form $9k and heck STLE was under $8k. So they had room to run and they’re all top20 pins. But Bond is asking already top dollar and we don’t know for sure if it’s great yet. I understand people take the chance on the LEs but this is so much more than prior LE pins.

#4678 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Boy that jetpack Bond with the refridgerator strapped to his back is really dumb. Unless it is more interactive I have no idea why it is in the game? After dropping the ball and missing the tank he just sat there? I assume it will get better like slimer in GB. Looks like fun but wish it had some magnets in the playfield for a gadget feel and slow the ball down for the upper flipper.

I feel strongly this game is not quite finished. The reveal delays, lack of polished game play videos and long lead time to production indicate this is not final product.

Like the initial images I would take this camera phone video with a grain of salt.

#4679 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m interested to play this one before buying, it doesn’t leap out at me in any way at these prices. I’m jaded or whatever but I was able to buy a JP premium (with IC) for $7800 18 months ago and SW comic premium (no IC) for $7300 (3 years ago).
Now the Bond pro is $7k (close to premium 2-3 years ago) and premium $9.5k (DP or Maiden LE were $9k) and heck $13k for the LE.
Someone offered me the LE for $16k lol that’s the price of two premium pins not too long ago I don’t want it at $13k much less $16k. Umm no thanks. I’m not saying it’s bad or anything but the prices are off the hook especially if the code is (maybe) a weak point (or at least early code weak).
My point is people think the LE will go up since DP or Maiden went up but they were starting form $9k and heck STLE was under $8k. So they had room to run and they’re all top20 pins. But Bond is asking already top dollar and we don’t know for sure if it’s great yet. I understand people take the chance on the LEs but this is so much more than prior LE pins.

And Avatar LE, Transformers LE, and LOTR LE were all under 5K. We're all frogs in boiling water to Stern. Well, the last couple of years have been more like frog in blender- ha.

#4680 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

This is a BOND Hype club, but it has been dominated by the price increase, which is putting a dampener on things.
I’ve started buying a few Bond toys to add to the game, a Little Nellie for above the ramp, might add a few LEDs to the rockets..
What have the Bond buyers got in mind!?
[quoted image]

That's awesome.

I have started a mod thread to separate from this hype thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-on-a-wand-stern-james-bond-007-mod-thread

#4681 1 year ago

Would love to see that video. Hoping someone grabbed it and can repost!

#4682 1 year ago
Quoted from usandthem:

And Avatar LE, Transformers LE, and LOTR LE were all under 5K. We're all frogs in boiling water to Stern. Well, the last couple of years have been more like frog in blender- ha.

Fair fair but CCrLE was $9250 with cool topper.

I’m not saying Bond is not ‘market price’ but it’s just something else to wrap my head around.

I haven’t seen the gameplay except the first minute of the phone video above. But I do see that most of the upper PF is taken up by pops and the rocket bouncy area.

#4683 1 year ago

Someone should start a "Stern is going to go out of business for raising prices" thread so we can go back to speculating about the Bond pin.

The bitching about pricing is getting tedious.

#4684 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Download the video just in case it disappears. It's a Bond pin after all!
Thanks for posting.

Looks like the video is marked private now. Could you repost it?

#4685 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Fair fair but CCrLE was $9250 with cool topper.
I’m not saying Bond is not ‘market price’ but it’s just something else to wrap my head around.
I haven’t seen the gameplay except the first minute of the phone video above. But I do see that most of the upper PF is taken up by pops and the rocket bouncy area.

I'm agreeing with you. Just pointing out that if you go just a few years before the titles you mentioned, LE's were under 5K and they were truly limited as well. That's right, just 12 years ago, brand new LE's shipped to your door (with free shipping ) for under 5K.

Quoted from gdonovan:

Someone should start a "Stern is going to go out of business for raising prices" thread so we can go back to speculating about the Bond pin.
The bitching about pricing is getting tedious.

Since there's been no new information or reveals, it creates a vacuum, only to be filled by Pinside's Greatest Hits.

#4686 1 year ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Since there's been no new information or reveals, it creates a vacuum, only to be filled by Pinside's Greatest Hits.

Exactly.

#4687 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Agreed. Followed the link in your country and it appears that seller already sold it. But did see that $24,5k seems to be the norm for your country on HUO pinball machines.
Check out these links:
Kiss LE $32,5k https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/morwell/collectables/kiss-stern-limited-edition-pinball-machine/1301697019
Metallica LE $33,750 https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/broadbeach/miscellaneous-goods/metallica-le-stern-pinball-machine/1300431385
AC/DC $29k https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/picton/collectables/stern-acdc-luci-pinball-machine-ac-dc-original-pinball/1299915870
Dead Pool LE $24,5k https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/moonah/other-video-games-consoles/deadpool-le-pinball-machine-24-5k/1301312877
It would seem the seller you showed at $24,5k is one of the lower priced “greedy” sellers. There’s many more that could be listed even higher. Looks like pinball prices are upside-down in down-under, lol.

Yeah I see ‘em just about every day. And they’re there the next day. And even the day after that! The weeks go by. The listing disappears. People speculate, “oh far out it must have sold” and then surprise! The listing magically reappears. Must have dropped off the radar because the lister forgot to repost the ad.

These are the the ultra high end optimists, flaunting what they own, with hardly any intention of selling, but hoping to rake in big money through taking someone for a ride desperate enough to own that illusive dream theme. Laughing all the way to the bank and sneering at the cashed up cash cow, newb or dude they knowingly or unbeknownst just ripped off, or might have won last nights $10M Power Ball and decided to drop AU$33.5K on KISS or Met LE? Come on already.

Okay admittedly there’s no rules to say “how much is too much” and people can ask whatever they want to ask and do your own research. it’s just business. It’s simply the market. It’s what makes the world go round etc. But its also plain and simple dumb ass.

Admittedly and for many, the best thing about pinball has to be meeting like minded down to earth people, who enjoy sharing their knowledge, experience and even their games with other like minded people. Swaps, meets, trades and exchanges, yeah you gotta love that also!

This “stock market” sh#t, simply fuelled by greed, speculation, % point gains and hyperinflation (which is just monetary manipulation) can just piss right off. And let’s try to keep pinball non-exclusive, accessible and affordable to everyone and anyone slightly interested, seasoned veterans and newb newbs alike.

#4688 1 year ago

The video was terrible anyway, just like these “oopsie!” Stolen vids always are. Dark, can’t hear anything, someone who can’t play bricking shots endlessly…I made it through about 20 seconds. It was unwatchable.

It’s 2022. Stern can’t keep putting a game in a public location and not expect people to shoot some video, clandestine or otherwise.

If the game isn’t ready to be shown they shouldn’t be letting the public play it. You never saw this with Batman 66.

I’m not surprised it was shut down. Martin not only posted to the entire world he was going to take some video on Facebook, he also calls out by name the distributors who “hooked him up” at the Bond Show. Talk about telegraphing your punches.

Starting to agree with the “this reveal is a mess!” Crowd. Tighten up your ship, guys!!

#4689 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Add the GOAT GZ into that too, just shoot up the middle into the building 3 times once locks are lit and boom multiball.

At least that is a tight shot into a sculpted building/mech, with feedback if you miss. This is literally a nothing wide open shot into a gate.

Decent ramps and flow for 14k amazing! How innovative. No other sterns have ramps or flow. Thank you George Gomez, thank you!!!

#4690 1 year ago

Double post

#4691 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

At least that is a tight shot into a sculpted building/mech, with feedback if you miss. This is literally a nothing wide open shot into a gate.
Decent ramps and flow for 13k amazing! How innovative. No other sterns have ramps or flow. Thank you George Gomez, thank you!!!

Why do you keep demanding innovation? Innovation does not = good in pinball most of the time.

People just want a game with nice flow and satisfying shots.

If you want innovative please drop $10k on a P3. Spooky just released a game with several upper playfields and VUKs in the inlanes. You can thank me later. The innovation you seek is out there!

#4692 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Why do you keep demanding innovation? Innovation does not = good in pinball most of the time.
People just want a game with nice flow and satisfying shots.
If you want innovative please drop $10k on a P3. You can thank me later.

Nonsense. Creativity should be demanded. Jurassic Park is a perfect example. So is Deadpool. There is no justification for the primary shot/ball lock to be a nothing abyss into a gate. No good game shares that mechanic

#4693 1 year ago

It was definitely very early code from what I saw. Basically the main rocket multiball was functional with little fanfare programmed in yet. The jackpot text looks exactly like the jackpot text out of Stranger Things.

I don't see what the issue with the rocket being a simple to achieve main multiball is. It's like you guys haven't played pinball before... having a big central toy that starts a multiball is pinball design 101 and people love it. Too many examples on hugely popular games to count

It'll look better when the lightshows, audio, and video are programmed in. The code looked pretty bare bones. Might be for the best the game will have a few more weeks to come together before actual footage is shown

People think about how Gomez had to redo the layout when Ritchie left and how quickly he had to bang that out. Now think about how that delayed some of the work on the software side when they didn't know what the playfield would look like. This could be pretty bare bones at launch like GOTG, B66, and Stranger Things

#4694 1 year ago

You should have kept watching. Dude went from Bobby Brickfest to Keith Elwin in the last couple minutes. Lots of good examples of how the flow comes together.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The video was terrible anyway, just like these “oopsie!” Stolen vids always are. Dark, can’t hear anything, someone who can’t play bricking shots endlessly…I made it through about 20 seconds. It was unwatchable.
It’s 2022. Stern can’t keep putting a game in a public location and not expect people to shoot some video, clandestine or otherwise.
If the game isn’t ready to be shown they shouldn’t be letting the public play it. You never saw this with Batman 66.
I’m not surprised it was shut down. Martin not only posted to the entire world he was going to take some video on Facebook, he also calls out by name the distributors who “hooked him up” at the Bond Show. Talk about telegraphing your punches.
Starting to agree with the “this reveal is a mess!” Crowd. Tighten up your ship, guys!!

#4696 1 year ago

There was also a small, hard to read text line at the start of the game that said something like “this is special preview pending licensor approval” or something like that.

This was clearly not meant to be seen widely yet.

#4698 1 year ago

The video animation of bird one eating the pinball was pretty cool, almost like it was straight out of the film. Nice touch. Noticed the game was playing the intro to Goldfinger wonder if there are other films/intros you can select/choose at the beginning of the game or if it’s random?

#4699 1 year ago
Quoted from djsoup:

The video animation of bird one eating the pinball was pretty cool, almost like it was straight out of the film. Nice touch. Noticed the game was playing the intro to Goldfinger wonder if there are other films/intros you can select/choose at the beginning of the game or if it’s random?

I was curious about the intro as well. (I thought it was From Russia with Love, but it doesn't really matter.) I was wondering why they were playing the intro clip. I wonder if it was custom and the text said something relevant to what is happening in the game?

If the game is styled after all the Connery movies, it would be fun if each of the LCD screen mimics the respective move intros for the movie/mode playing. They're all visually stylish in their own ways.

#4700 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

You could work customer relations policing pinside and social media threads anytime anyone steps out of line and questions Stern or their pricing strategies

Why would Stern pay someone to do this? Their current strategy of ignoring the complaints and cashing checks when those same people buy the next game anyway seems to be working out OK for them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 14.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 385.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Medford, NJ
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

$ 14.95
9,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ypsilanti, MI
There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 151.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club/page/94 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.