B0646D82-852B-4304-A4CD-23B4A22BDDCF (resized).jpeg
D42D0E5A-DC87-4B80-9D62-E59D378CACBA (resized).jpeg
FB2C5C38-17F0-45D4-BCED-57EF94539DCE (resized).jpeg
E873B6CA-F0F2-4C5E-8589-E5B0B96E2CAF (resized).jpeg
ABFA1B74-F8DD-4DAE-B74F-110B222F23D0 (resized).jpeg
A8461CA8-3529-4922-9A2F-EEB6517CA7A5 (resized).jpeg
20221216_225500 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 151.
#4151 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

You my friend feel just as I do! Utterly ridiculousness paying these prices. I’m out

Your collection says you have a Toy Story 4 and this is what pushed you out? Honestly not trying to be an ass just find that odd.

#4152 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Fuk. Now I want Stewy from family guy to cover this.

Fraiser piano bar version.

#4153 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

The market is already slowing and not reacting well to the price increase. I believe we have hit the ceiling for a long time. My prediction is price decreases in next 2-3 years

10K is the max people want to pay.

Does Bond Prem have Stadium lighting? How can they justify 6k more than Pro?

#4154 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

So do we think every Stern release moving forward will be going up $400 - $1,000 until sales dry up
and they hit a ceiling? At this rate Pros will be close to 10k in 2-3 years.
So all premium games still being produced come 1/1/2023 will be priced just under 10k!

I figured they would do this. I need to raise the market place price of my NIB GZ Prem(#1 pin).

#4155 1 year ago

So looking at the marketplace, pinball scalpers are among us. I hope no one falls from them, it's probably the best day to get the scalpers away.

#4156 1 year ago
Quoted from sawyerfamilyaz:

Your collection says you have a Toy Story 4 and this is what pushed you out? Honestly not trying to be an ass just find that odd.

Yes…….it is actually!

#4157 1 year ago

A gift to my wife. Never again

Well I understand that! I was ready to order a Bond premium and definitely passed after seeing the price.

#4158 1 year ago

You my friend feel just as I do! Utterly ridiculousness paying these prices. I’m out

Lol JMK

#4159 1 year ago

I wonder how many dealers are holding stock back to scalp on the side. There's really no way to know if you pass them through a friend or family right.

#4160 1 year ago

Love the theme and look of this game too much to walk away from it due to high price! Other game(s) will just need to be sold to free up space & funds.

I'd like to own an LE, but now plan to buy a Premium (as I typically do) and pimp it out to a higher customized level instead.

#4161 1 year ago

it seems most of the flipper ads are noobs or new pinsider accounts.Could be 2nd accounts I guess.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4162 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

No.
Here’s what’s happening. I see a lot of guys saying LEs are ridiculous and overpriced so I’m getting a premium. Here’s the problem - your premium will drop 1-2k bc it’s not limited. You know this so stop it. You just can’t buy one at msrp or an idiot.
Bond at 13k msrp won’t drop. Why? Bc I’ve already been asked to sell mine at higher than 13 and I won’t bc I want the game. I can flip this game in a heart beat so it’s a no loss situation.
Until LEs can’t be flipped, the price won’t stop increasing. Now take JJP for example. They raised the price to 15k and gave us nothing. As a result the market said hell no - and no one with any GD sense supported it (besides Zach and Greg but then again, livelihood so it’s complicated). JJP found that ceiling but not bc of price - they gave you nothing. I’m still not sold that if that game had toys it wouldn’t have sold. They were just so greedy and tried to Cronwell us but guess what -we didn’t fall for it.
Here’s the real question. Single level Stern but designed by their best and themed with one of their best - can they get 20k? That’s hard to guess but I’m going to say no. 200 yes 300 maybe but 500? I could be wrong but this 60th will really tell us where we are in this hobby.
If the 60th sells at 20k, the game is officially over and we’ve failed as a hobby. Period.

Apparently you feel the extra $3300 over a Pre is worth it for resale. The difference in price was $1500 not long ago. This is effectively a tax on rich pinheads and gamblers. As long as collectors and speculators are willing to spend more for what is basically the same in the Pre plus maybe $1000 in bom, this will continue. At some point, such as with Toy Story, there will be a ceiling to this.

#4163 1 year ago

Connery was a corny ass bond. Pierce Bronson was my bond with dalton being a close 2nd.

#4164 1 year ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Connery was a corny ass bond. Pierce Bronson was my bond with dalton being a close 2nd.

Said no one ever...

#4165 1 year ago
Quoted from adol75:

So looking at the marketplace, pinball scalpers are among us. I hope no one falls from them, it's probably the best day to get the scalpers away.

F the scalpers man. I can appreciate business, but not everyday assholes that are trying to make 30-50%profit on a hobby industry. Get your damn license and roll like a normal business

#4166 1 year ago

Showing your millennial age. Rooky

#4167 1 year ago
Quoted from mostater:

Said no one ever...

Agreed

#4168 1 year ago
Quoted from dts:

Apparently you feel the extra $3300 over a Pre is worth it for resale. The difference in price was $1500 not long ago. This is effectively a tax on rich pinheads and gamblers. As long as collectors and speculators are willing to spend more for what is basically the same in the Pre plus maybe $1000 in bom, this will continue. At some point, such as with Toy Story, there will be a ceiling to this. I don't care if the Pre loses value, this is one of my hobbies, not a living.

I do not understand people buying the LE over a Premium for over MSRP as if it was the holy grail, no offence, power to you, but I do not care about any of the 'upgrades' in fact, I would prefer upgrading a premium. The LE badge is an important to me a the message inside a fortune cookie.

Le = weird flex, same as spending over msrp for a topper, do not get it. Power to ya! To me it is just silly.

Must be the same people that buy a new cellphone every year? lol

I love pinball. I hope greed is not the killer of these companies as it once was the SNES and other video game consoles in the late 90s...

I think the ceiling has been reached, I cannot see this being sustainable in any way. Granted there are a percentage of very wealthy individuals that won't care of the 2 recen price changes but I do not think these people support these industries, as in, I doubt Stern could survive just selling 1000 LE or, to put it more simply, just cater to the rich as a for example another luxury item, to compare it to Rolex, Mercedes Benz or anything else is just wrong because the truth of the matter is: STERNS CLIENTELE is all here or at least 80% is. The truth of the matter is that a collector has maybe 2-5 pins at home and these are the guys who are moving pins in-out more often than not and these guys are here.

Ask your neighbour who makes a luxury watch and then ask them who makes a pinball machine. Most people do not even know pinball are still being made.

We are in this mess because we made it, while Stern continues to short us with 'supply chain' to delay deliveries while supply chain has been restored in a lot of different industries... You just have to connect the dot and it is not too difficult to see that if you choke supply a little you can also drive the price of the secondary market up...
Pinball isn't a luxury item, it is a niche item, an amusement machine to make money but it is now more commonly find in private homes.
Pinball is a niche, we are the niche and you think about it we control the prices, unfortunately, for now... against ourselves.

Food for thought fellas!

#4169 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePlumber:

Showing your millennial age. Rooky

Mid 40’s. I’m on the cusp my ninja

#4170 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I do not understand people buying the LE over a Premium for over MSRP as if it was the holy grail, no offence, power to you, but I do not care about any of the 'upgrades' in fact, I would prefer upgrading a premium. The LE badge is an important to me a the message inside a fortune cookie.
Le = weird flex, same as spending over msrp for a topper, do not get it. Power to ya! To me it is just silly.
I love pinball. I hope greed is not the killer of these companies as it once was the SNES and other video game consoles in the late 90s...
I think the ceiling has been reached, I cannot see this being sustainable in any way. Granted there are a percentage of very wealthy individuals that won't care of the 2 recen price changes but I do not think these people support these industries, as in, I doubt Stern could survive just selling 1000 LE or, to put it more simply, just cater to the rich as a for example another luxury item, to compare it to Rolex, Mercedes Benz or anything else is just wrong because the truth of the matter is: STERNS CLIENTELE is all here or at least 80% is. The truth of the matter is that a collector has maybe 2-5 pins at home and these are the guys who are moving pins in-out more often than not and these guys are here.
Ask your neighbour who makes a luxury watch and then ask them who makes a pinball machine. Most people do not even know pinball are still being made.
We are in this mess because we made it, while Stern continues to short us with 'supply chain' to delay deliveries while supply chain has been restored in a lot of different industries... You just have to connect the dot and it is not too difficult to see that if you choke supply a little you can also drive the price of the secondary market up...
Food for thought fellas!

Sometimes the LE is pretty cool, IMDN for example. Or STLE, which is selling for a bargain now, and one of the best LEs. Or BM66LE, etc. I modded a JPPre to a level I preferred over the LE, but the market is what it is. Stern LEs are the top of the pyramid right now, massive influx of new collectors with cash and perceived rarity over other models.

#4171 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

It doesn't appear that anyone is dying anytime soon much less Stern.

Disagree. I think a lot rides on several smaller manufacturers next releases given these price points.

#4172 1 year ago

Not trying to offend anyone, but this pricing is for the rich and the poor. The poor who will scrape together the 7k and get the Pro, the rich will buy the LE at 15K without issue. They are taking the scalpers place because they can

For the sake of ending argument here, i'm only talking about the way stern priced it, not what you will buy based on your particular net worth.

One question, why not make the limited ed a larger number?

#4173 1 year ago
Quoted from Tyler_Durden:

Not trying to offend anyone, but this pricing is for the rich and the poor. The poor who will scrape together the 7k and get the Pro, the rich will buy the LE at 15K without issue. They are taking the scalpers place because they can
For the sake of ending argument here, i'm only talking about the way stern priced it, not what you will buy based on your particular net worth.
One question, why not make the limited ed a larger number?

Cuz of the word "limited"?

#4174 1 year ago
3574A260-2731-42CE-96AC-05160682351C (resized).png3574A260-2731-42CE-96AC-05160682351C (resized).png8B4EE81A-3FF2-4C0A-99BD-E80B6FE955FE (resized).png8B4EE81A-3FF2-4C0A-99BD-E80B6FE955FE (resized).png
#4175 1 year ago

It is only a matter of time before they increase the numbers in LE production. Just a few years ago people thought 500 LE was too much.

As long the market accept it and we clearly see it can (they sold all 1000 very easily) they will try to figure out where the breaking point is.

#4176 1 year ago

Pinball isn't a luxury item, it is a niche item, an amusement machine to make money but it is now more commonly find in private homes.
Pinball is a niche, we are the niche and you think about it we control the prices, unfortunately, for now... against ourselves.
Food for thought fellas!

So why comment if you don't understand? Some people love LE. Just because you can't afford, don't hate sir.

#4177 1 year ago

Mid 40’s. I’m on the cusp my ninja

Then you're simply misguided and have no clue or taste. Fair enough gen whatever

#4178 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePlumber:

So why comment if you don't understand? Some people love LE. Just because you can't afford, don't hate sir.

Quoted from ThePlumber:

Then you're simply misguided and have no clue or taste. Fair enough gen whatever

Man you’ve got way too much BDE to be only 69 posts in on pinside…who are you really?

#4179 1 year ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I have more money in the bank than I've ever had at any point in my life. I love pinballs (have 16 in my collection once Godzilla Prem arrives) but I'm not even tempted to buy pins now at these prices. Its just STUPID money and I simply can't justify it. Congrats to those getting one but easy pass for me.

My sentiments exactly. I can afford a Bond premium, I just choose not to buy one. The latest increase is just too much and I can no longer justify in my mind spending this much on a nib pinball machine.

Now if they make a Top Gun pin, that could change but I think Stern is going to learn that they've hit or passed the price ceiling with this latest increase.

#4180 1 year ago

Man you’ve got way too much BDE to be only 69 posts in on pinside…who are you really?

BDE in general has a positive connotation. This guy is definitely more of TDE. Or in general just a dick.

#4181 1 year ago

I have an LE coming. Don't consider myself rich either. The 60th or SLE is way out of my reach. Pro's work as well, depends on how passionate you are about the title in my mind. Pro's are great for routing obviously. LE's will always have a higher resale value. I'm not a flipper and just like to play casually in my basement with friends but when it comes time to move something i'm in a better position with an LE.

To each their own. This is just a damn fun hobby for me that seems to be dissected a bit too much by some.

I also have a badass distributor that holds an LE spot for me if needed due to my loyalty.

#4182 1 year ago

The poor who will scrape together the 7k and get the Pro, the rich will buy the LE at 15K without issue

Genuinely feel bad for those “poor” people and their $7,000 toys. Must be humiliating

#4183 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I have an LE coming. Don't consider myself rich either. The 60th or SLE is way out of my reach. Pro's work as well, depends on how passionate you are about the title in my mind. Pro's are great for routing obviously. LE's will always have a higher resale value. I'm not a flipper and just like to play casually in my basement with friends but when it comes time to move something i'm in a better position with an LE.
To each their own. This is just a damn fun hobby for me that seems to be dissected a bit too much by some.
I also have a badass distributor that holds an LE spot for me if needed due to my loyalty.

I'm same as you, never have bought to flip. Happy to break even on most. And I've bought all my pins except gnr from next level, so always have an le if I want one. But there are only a few more themes I'd spend the money on

#4184 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I think Stern is going to learn that they've hit or passed the price ceiling with this latest increase.

LEs sold out and likely all of first run premiums.
No one likes higher prices but no lessons learned this time.

#4185 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'm same as you, never have bought to flip. Happy to break even on most. And I've bought all my pins except gnr from next level, so always have an le if I want one. But there are only a few more themes I'd spend the money on

Hay for the win!

#4186 1 year ago

LE on the way. I regret not jumping on BM66 SLE when I had the chance, especially at todays prices.

If the Bond SLE was based on the modern game I’d probably do it.

Love the idea of the 60th anniversary machine, but I don’t have enough physical space to justify two Bond games in my lineup.

Can’t wait to see the game in action.

#4187 1 year ago
Quoted from Av8:

After my experience with Rush LE, I would not buy this ... event at 10K. The design looks meh. Gomez has produced several bad playfields over the years(Hulk). People will be selling NIB Bonds for under 11K and possibly under 10K in a year. Do not FOMO this title. Out of principle, no one should buy the Prem/LE (6k more).

Agree. I am out on this one. Hope price drops on NIB pins someday. Doubt it with a recession coming and high inflation. Sucks right now. I did not fall into the Fomo on this one. The video showed no code? I bet they don’t have much code on this game.

#4188 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

No.
Here’s what’s happening. I see a lot of guys saying LEs are ridiculous and overpriced so I’m getting a premium. Here’s the problem - your premium will drop 1-2k bc it’s not limited. You know this so stop it. You just can’t buy one at msrp or an idiot.
Bond at 13k msrp won’t drop. Why? Bc I’ve already been asked to sell mine at higher than 13 and I won’t bc I want the game. I can flip this game in a heart beat so it’s a no loss situation.
Until LEs can’t be flipped, the price won’t stop increasing. Now take JJP for example. They raised the price to 15k and gave us nothing. As a result the market said hell no - and no one with any GD sense supported it (besides Zach and Greg but then again, livelihood so it’s complicated). JJP found that ceiling but not bc of price - they gave you nothing. I’m still not sold that if that game had toys it wouldn’t have sold. They were just so greedy and tried to Cronwell us but guess what -we didn’t fall for it.
Here’s the real question. Single level Stern but designed by their best and themed with one of their best - can they get 20k? That’s hard to guess but I’m going to say no. 200 yes 300 maybe but 500? I could be wrong but this 60th will really tell us where we are in this hobby.
If the 60th sells at 20k, the game is officially over and we’ve failed as a hobby. Period.

Your argument was strong until you said ‘hobby’.

#4189 1 year ago

My next question
So are premiums made first? i thought it was pros

Pros made first for operators although I got lucky and got an operator Rush Pro.

#4190 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Cuz of the word "limited"?

Toyota sold 9 million cars last year, how many were limited model.

#4191 1 year ago

????

#4192 1 year ago

And episode 1 was your favorite Star Wars movie?

#4193 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Genuinely feel bad for those “poor” people and their $7,000 toys. Must be humiliating

Quoted from Bmanpin:

Hay for the win!

We

Never bought to flip. 10 years ago i never I could never have afforded one 1. Now I can. feel Unashamed! (S). 1-3+. I trade a lot with friends or known Pinsiders.
anyways à joy to meet new people and try new games. The secret no one talked about us despite the general grouchy and snappy vibe, fair game? We have first hand if you knows that password

#4194 1 year ago
Quoted from calprog:

Agree. I am out on this one. Hope price drops on NIB pins someday. Doubt it with a recession coming and high inflation. Sucks right now. I did not fall into the Fomo on this one. The video showed no code? I bet they don’t have much code on this game.

What if it's so bad due to restrictions, they don't want to show it first, or why even show it if people are lined up and buy without seeing it?

see-that-we-5f60433a92 (resized).jpgsee-that-we-5f60433a92 (resized).jpg
#4195 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

And episode 1 was your favorite Star Wars movie?

Ah I was just trolling…sir roger Moore was my bond…view to a kill with Mr walken was so bad ass…Christopher is so gangster irl…taking those secrets of what happened on the boat that night to his grave

#4196 1 year ago

This makes no sense ,cargument ? how many pinball machines did Toyota sell

#4197 1 year ago

To me, the ONLY thing creating this jump in price (at stern, not looking towards JJP that is) is the mega-success of Godzilla and the strong demand and high re-sale prices.

But if you go to Mando, Rush, Zepp, Avengers premiums and most of the other titles, the market is relatively soft. Imagine if you had bought a Mando PRemium at $9600 plus tax and shipping ($10K-ish), the resale market is in the high $7k's. The market is already speaking, you just have to look at everything else BESIDES GODZILLA.

#4198 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePlumber:

Sounds like your asshole just got hurt “sir”!
May a suggest having your partner spit on it next time…..

#4199 1 year ago

The only thing on the prem I really want is the physical lock, but the price difference is a little hard to justify. I would be all over the Prem if it was at 8k.

#4200 1 year ago

I present the definition of less is more.

bond (resized).jpgbond (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 59.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Print2pin

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 55.00
$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Fargo, ND
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

5,850 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Land O' Lakes, FL
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 151.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club/page/84?hl=bigsilverpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.