B0646D82-852B-4304-A4CD-23B4A22BDDCF (resized).jpeg
D42D0E5A-DC87-4B80-9D62-E59D378CACBA (resized).jpeg
FB2C5C38-17F0-45D4-BCED-57EF94539DCE (resized).jpeg
E873B6CA-F0F2-4C5E-8589-E5B0B96E2CAF (resized).jpeg
ABFA1B74-F8DD-4DAE-B74F-110B222F23D0 (resized).jpeg
A8461CA8-3529-4922-9A2F-EEB6517CA7A5 (resized).jpeg
20221216_225500 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 151.
#4101 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I’m just gonna go on record predicting an eventual Goldfinger SLE. It makes too much sense for Stern and distros will make a killing on it at $25k-$30k.
It’s not a fit for me, but I do like seeing the super luxury stuff.

With Stern, anything is possible. I'm not a fan of the afterthought LEs/SLEs (EHoH40, RRWoZ) as I see them as money grabs and a kick in the balls to those that paid a huge markup ($3.5k on BondLE) for exclusivity and value that gets diluted.

#4102 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I’m just gonna go on record predicting an eventual Goldfinger SLE. It makes too much sense for Stern and distros will make a killing on it at $25k-$30k.
It’s not a fit for me, but I do like seeing the super luxury stuff.

Gomez basically said that in his interview.

Goldfinger his favorite.

Yep. It’s coming. Prob Xmas 2023.

#4103 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

A dealer that I contacted last week (one of many as a backup), just emailed me to say they have one Bond LE left...at $14,850.

After my experience with Rush LE, I would not buy this ... event at 10K. The design looks meh. Gomez has produced several bad playfields over the years(Hulk). People will be selling NIB Bonds for under 11K and possibly under 10K in a year. Do not FOMO this title. Out of principle, no one should buy the Prem/LE (6k more).

#4104 1 year ago

So do we think every Stern release moving forward will be going up $400 - $1,000 until sales dry up
and they hit a ceiling? At this rate Pros will be close to 10k in 2-3 years.

So all premium games still being produced come 1/1/2023 will be priced just under 10k!

#4105 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:I don’t know who needs to get kicked in the nuts more... A: The guy flipping his Bond LE for $17,500 or B: The bastard that pays his price.
Unreal - https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/143234

Wait that seller just joined today to instantly sell at a crazy price, that also instantly gets bought? This kind of feel like a flipper who is just trying to boost the perceived market amount.

#4106 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I would call it special assignments for insider connected members, whatever that is.
We have a DLC freak out once a year here and it never amounts to anything I or anybody else would care about.
Remember that special “mode” that came with the JP topper that caused a 3 day DLC freak out here?
Of course you don’t. Because it wasn’t anything anybody actually cared about.

Just because it wasn't then doesn't mean it's not a thing now. DLC is coming!

#4107 1 year ago

Do we know when Deadflip is going to stream Bond?

#4108 1 year ago

Funny thing.. Stern has the Pro pix on Facebook today and they are nice, however the video says 'partially muted due to copyright claim'. Seriously?

#4109 1 year ago
Quoted from Av8:

People will be selling NIB Bonds for under 11K and possibly under 10K in a year.

That seems very unlikely.

#4110 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

Unfortunately an authorized Stern dealer in my state IS selling this high (Bond LE for $17k). I used to consider him a source for games but no longer.

Would that be Orange County Pinball, Does Stern know they regularly Price Gouge SoCal customers on NIB games ??
They have James Bond LE at $16,999.00 on the website right now.

No one I know has ever bought from them, I assume they sell to Newbie Richie Rich types in Costa Mesa and the Like, that don't know any better.

#4111 1 year ago
Quoted from Madkao:

Do we know when Deadflip is going to stream Bond?

Im also curious about this

#4112 1 year ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

Funny thing.. Stern has the Pro pix on Facebook today and they are nice, however the video says 'partially muted due to copyright claim'. Seriously?

This happens all the time to video game streamers. The music is licensed for use in the game, not rebroadcast. Usually, it's bots that catch it and then the video host, usually YouTube, mutes that section unless the OP agrees to monetize it on the behalf of the copyright holder of the music.

#4113 1 year ago

Sorry dupe.

#4114 1 year ago
42C8107A-18CB-4FEF-85F8-139CA8FD3E72 (resized).jpeg42C8107A-18CB-4FEF-85F8-139CA8FD3E72 (resized).jpeg
#4115 1 year ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

That would be Orange County Pinball, Does Stern know they regularly Price Gouge SoCal customers on NIB games ??

I didn't know anything about them when I called and emailed them while hunting down an LE earlier in the week. Weird that they never got back to me even though they clearly have the LE still in stock. Anybody asking $4k above MSRP deserves to sit on it forever.

#4116 1 year ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Wait that seller just joined today to instantly sell at a crazy price, that also instantly gets bought? This kind of feel like a flipper who is just trying to boost the perceived market amount.

Also possibly a guy from this community not assuming he is flipping for a profit and don't want to be bash therefore creating a temporary account to flip a profit

#4117 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I’m probably all alone in this opinion but I’d be all about $ DLC. I could see fully coded/complete games getting a new set of modes/story with an alternate Wizard mode etc.
It could be a way to revitalize semi older games.
I don’t think it makes sense now with pins selling how they are, but if I’m the future there’s a lull, why not do an alt code on Stranger Things or Mando that includes extra seasons etc.?

It's one thing to provide effectively a 2.0 mode to the game. I think what would come first are "special assignments" that you need to be a paying insider connect account to get access too. Basically something that's already in the game/code that you have bought, but you need a subscription to unlock.

That being said, I wouldn't mind an expansion to Stranger Things to add episodes from season 3, 4 and soon to be 5. That would require them to re-up the license and cut a new deal. So that would cost money. But it also doesn't match the inserts on the playfield.

Rick and Morty is a game that at least opens up anything with the inserts. You basically have adventure punch card and dimensions. But their whole license got jacked since the R&M IP changed rights owners, so the spooky license is dead. I think all they can work with are adding things like new dimensions to the game and new modes.

#4118 1 year ago

What mods do people expect to see? Are we getting a Fabergé egg or ppk shooter rod?

#4119 1 year ago
Quoted from ruzeo:

What mods do people expect to see? Are we getting a Fabergé egg or ppk shooter rod?

I had quite a few ideas and for the Pro but not delivered to Australia until June 2023 at best and the prices are getting too high

#4120 1 year ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Would that be Orange County Pinball, Does Stern know they regularly Price Gouge SoCal customers on NIB games ??
No one I know has ever bought from them, I assume they sell to Newbie Richie Rich types in Costa Mesa and the Like, that don't know any better.

You can't price gouge on a toy, sorry. I don't understand how people think you price gauge on luxury items lol. Plus its California of course you can get more money out of them people.

#4121 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

You can't price gouge on a toy, sorry. I don't understand how people think you price gauge on luxury items lol. Plus its California of course you can get more money out of them people.

They are used to getting F Ed.

#4122 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

So do we think every Stern release moving forward will be going up $400 - $1,000 until sales dry up
and they hit a ceiling? At this rate Pros will be close to 10k in 2-3 years.
So all premium games still being produced come 1/1/2023 will be priced just under 10k!

The market is already slowing and not reacting well to the price increase. I believe we have hit the ceiling for a long time. My prediction is price decreases in next 2-3 years

#4123 1 year ago

I thought pin manufacturers were all about trying to keep pinball alive.

#4124 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

I had quite a few ideas and for the Pro but not delivered to Australia until June 2023 at best and the prices are getting too high

Zax in Melbourne showing Dec 22 arrival for pros

#4125 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:I thought pin manufacturers were all about trying to keep pinball alive.

It doesn't appear that anyone is dying anytime soon much less Stern.

#4126 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

The market is already slowing and not reacting well to the price increase. I believe we have hit the ceiling for a long time. My prediction is price decreases in next 2-3 years

This is an epic prediction!

#4127 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I didn't know anything about them when I called and emailed them while hunting down an LE earlier in the week. Weird that they never got back to me even though they clearly have the LE still in stock. Anybody asking $4k above MSRP deserves to sit on it forever.

You should see some of the prices on their pre-owned games. They've got a Whirlwind up over $8K right now, it's bonkers.

#4128 1 year ago
Quoted from ruzeo:

Probably not the egg since that was Roger Moore in Octopussy (one of my favorites).

Roger Moore with egg 1 (resized).jpgRoger Moore with egg 1 (resized).jpg
#4129 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is an epic prediction!

I agree with this prediction. This is just a test from the manufacturers.
Ultimately the secondary market will dictate the rest but 9.5k premiums are quite ambitious yet attainable if you can afford 9k you also can 9.5 that said, I am curious what the ripple effect is.
I do suspect a contraction during 2023, if the secondary market is flooded then price drops will follow.

My next question:
So are premiums made first? i thought it was pros

#4130 1 year ago

I know a guy that got 7 le’s, sold a couple already. I get it but stern normally has address so has to be a way to limit one per address or something. Only fair. I could have gotten two. Spooky does it right they limit for a while to one then open it up later.

#4131 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

Goldfinger is awesome. I still love the theme song.

Thank God they did not go with the Anthony Newley version. He was also a co-author of the song.

#4132 1 year ago

We may see video next week as this was taken from the release article and pinball news write up

The game will receive its first public outing on 26th September in London at a special event at Christie’s celebrating the 60th Anniversary of James Bond films.

#4133 1 year ago
Quoted from KadeP:

Zax in Melbourne showing Dec 22 arrival for pros

cheers mate, have sent them a email, strange that AMD don't have them until June - hopefully Zax's can help me out.

#4134 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

I know a guy that got 7 le’s, sold a couple already. I get it but stern normally has address so has to be a way to limit one per address or something. Only fair. I could have gotten two. Spooky does it right they limit for a while to one then open it up later.

The demand is what it is.

At some point we hit “demand destruction” with pricing.

Whether it’s flippers or whomever, somebody has to pay the price until they don’t.

At that point, the jig is up.

We are heading into a Fed induced deep recession. Let’s see how that works out

I don’t blame Stern for grabbing all they can get while it lasts

#4135 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm sure distributors would be thrilled to give up their single most profitable product!
We go down this road every release. Distributors still exist because Stern does not want to deal with us directly if they can help it. I just don't see that changing. Why? Just look at Pinside on a daily basis. Would YOU want to have close contact with us every day?
Distributors are a buffer that helps to keep people working at Stern somewhat sane.

You nailed it. Manufacturers do not want to invest in the number of employees required to truly offer large scale customer service. Distribution creates the buffer that you referenced. While Stern still has to have a department to handle customer service, their focus is on their distributors and not end users due to the smaller number to assist. If Stern only sold direct, they would have to have at least 5 x as many employees in customer service. Maybe more.

#4136 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Eek....looks amazing ( from what you can see)...guessing the tag will make me weak, however...

If the Elvira anniversary machine was 25K then the Bond anniversary machine will be at least that amount I would guess.

#4137 1 year ago

Come listen to us TPN folks chat about Bond

#4138 1 year ago

_On the AMD facebook page it said first shipment of Pro’s were sold out and the next one is due April 23.

Quoted from swinks:

cheers mate, have sent them a email, strange that AMD don't have them until June - hopefully Zax's can help me out.

#4139 1 year ago

Was able to get an LE delivered to my door for $14,500. Don’t like the price increase, but this was a theme I grew up with and had to have.

#4140 1 year ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Thank God they did not go with the Anthony Newley version. He was also a co-author of the song.

I had completely forgotten about this version, thanks a ton for reminding me

#4141 1 year ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Fuk. Now I want Stewy from family guy to cover this.

#4142 1 year ago
Quoted from Jfed:

_On the AMD facebook page it said first shipment of Pro’s were sold out and the next one is due April 23.

yeah but hit them up a while back and they actually said April is when the games are made and they later around June-ish ????

#4143 1 year ago

As a guy with an LE paid for, I have zero issues with Stern making another run of Goldfinger LEs. I’d probably get one if I really liked the art package.
The vast majority of game buyers just want a great game to enjoy. If the exclusivity is diminished because 1k more people get a great game, then I’m happy for them.
Flippers and bots are nearly the size of the market people keep saying. There’s probably 2k people who wanted this LE, even at $14.5 out the door.
This may very well be GG’s last game designed and the theme is A+

Quoted from Damonator:

With Stern, anything is possible. I'm not a fan of the afterthought LEs/SLEs (EHoH40, RRWoZ) as I see them as money grabs and a kick in the balls to those that paid a huge markup ($3.5k on BondLE) for exclusivity and value that gets diluted.

#4144 1 year ago

Poor country mouse here: In for a Pro.

#4145 1 year ago
Quoted from robotron:

13,500 for an LE i will NEVER spend that kind of money. stern has chased alot of people outa this hobby

And Stern is probably saying good riddance to them.

This is the gentrification of pinball folks.

Does anyone at Lamborghini care that I can't afford 600K for a car?

#4146 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

No.

Here’s what’s happening. I see a lot of guys saying LEs are ridiculous and overpriced so I’m getting a premium. Here’s the problem - your premium will drop 1-2k bc it’s not limited. You know this so stop it. You just can’t buy one at msrp or an idiot.

Bond at 13k msrp won’t drop. Why? Bc I’ve already been asked to sell mine at higher than 13 and I won’t bc I want the game. I can flip this game in a heart beat so it’s a no loss situation.

Until LEs can’t be flipped, the price won’t stop increasing. Now take JJP for example. They raised the price to 15k and gave us nothing. As a result the market said hell no - and no one with any GD sense supported it (besides Zach and Greg but then again, livelihood so it’s complicated). JJP found that ceiling but not bc of price - they gave you nothing. I’m still not sold that if that game had toys it wouldn’t have sold. They were just so greedy and tried to Cronwell us but guess what -we didn’t fall for it.

Here’s the real question. Single level Stern but designed by their best and themed with one of their best - can they get 20k? That’s hard to guess but I’m going to say no. 200 yes 300 maybe but 500? I could be wrong but this 60th will really tell us where we are in this hobby.

If the 60th sells at 20k, the game is officially over and we’ve failed as a hobby. Period.

#4147 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

No.
Here’s what’s happening. I see a lot of guys saying LEs are ridiculous and overpriced so I’m getting a premium. Here’s the problem - your premium will drop 1-2k bc it’s not limited. You know this so stop it. You just can’t buy one at msrp or an idiot.
Bond at 13k msrp won’t drop. Why? Bc I’ve already been asked to sell mine at higher than 13 and I won’t bc I want the game. I can flip this game in a heart beat so it’s a no loss situation.
Until LEs can’t be flipped, the price won’t stop increasing. Now take JJP for example. They raised the price to 15k and gave us nothing. As a result the market said hell no - and no one with any GD sense supported it (besides Zach and Greg but then again, livelihood so it’s complicated). JJP found that ceiling but not bc of price - they gave you nothing. I’m still not sold that if that game had toys it wouldn’t have sold. They were just so greedy and tried to Cronwell us but guess what -we didn’t fall for it.
Here’s the real question. Single level Stern but designed by their best and themed with one of their best - can they get 20k? That’s hard to guess but I’m going to say no. 200 yes 300 maybe but 500? I could be wrong but this 60th will really tell us where we are in this hobby.
If the 60th sells at 20k, the game is officially over and we’ve failed as a hobby. Period.

Rarified air up there. Much easier to sell a Pro.

#4148 1 year ago

From the looks of it, Stern is killing it either way, 7K for a bare playfield or 13K for a few extras.
I can't believe there is so much of a stretch but it looks like stern has become the scalper, and everyone is falling in line.

#4149 1 year ago

I have more money in the bank than I've ever had at any point in my life. I love pinballs (have 16 in my collection once Godzilla Prem arrives) but I'm not even tempted to buy pins now at these prices. Its just STUPID money and I simply can't justify it. Congrats to those getting one but easy pass for me.

#4150 1 year ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I have more money in the bank than I've ever had at any point in my life. I love pinballs (have 16 in my collection once Godzilla Prem arrives) but I'm not even tempted to buy pins now at these prices. Its just STUPID money and I simply can't justify it. Congrats to those getting one but easy pass for me.

You my friend feel just as I do! Utterly ridiculousness paying these prices. I’m out

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 59.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Print2pin

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 55.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

11,500 (Firm)
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

7,450 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 83 of 151.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club/page/83?hl=crazypinballguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.