B0646D82-852B-4304-A4CD-23B4A22BDDCF (resized).jpeg
D42D0E5A-DC87-4B80-9D62-E59D378CACBA (resized).jpeg
FB2C5C38-17F0-45D4-BCED-57EF94539DCE (resized).jpeg
E873B6CA-F0F2-4C5E-8589-E5B0B96E2CAF (resized).jpeg
ABFA1B74-F8DD-4DAE-B74F-110B222F23D0 (resized).jpeg
A8461CA8-3529-4922-9A2F-EEB6517CA7A5 (resized).jpeg
20221216_225500 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 151.
#3851 1 year ago

Aus prices rocketed up and heard from the Distro, Pro's being made in April 2023 and available in June 2023

Screen Shot 2022-09-23 at 12.28.11 pm (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-09-23 at 12.28.11 pm (resized).png
#3852 1 year ago

Zooming in on the reflection I count 4 drop target white circles. But that would mean there is 5, because you wouldn't see the reflection of the first? Granted, again this is a render. So it could just be cheating the reflections by mirroring the render, so there are only 4. But there's a pretty deep tunnel. It could be a Danesi lock, but could be just a scoop at the end or something like Metalica with the Master of Puppets MB.

But for the 10 drops, 4 on the in line. There's another bank in the middle so that's 3? And I'd guess 3 more on the left side of the playfield we cannot see.

The one thing (again render) is that I don't like it being a single level playfield and stuck in a standard cabinet. It's part why Beatles and TNA look so good, they're in a proper cabinet. I would hope they fix that, but with whatever that square bond bullet barrel makes it so you cannot do that.

Also, didn't notice but you can clearly see the LCD in the middle of the playfield.

#3853 1 year ago

I'll never buy an LE again. Shark has been jumped. You could justify a $1500 upcharge over Premium but not $3300.

Quoted from Tomass:

Yeah, I don't recall any other games where I saw this many people actually back out of the LE when they had the option.

Were you around for Star Wars?

#3854 1 year ago

We had fun discussing Bond tonight and Keith actually showed up and seemed to debunked parts of that image. Start watching at 46:28. Looks to be a mock-up.

#3855 1 year ago
Quoted from joelbob:

We had fun discussing Bond tonight and Keith actually showed up and seemed to debunk that image. Start watching at 46:28.

Keith does not debunk anything. He just asks if it is real. That means nothing.

#3856 1 year ago

I think the game looks good. But being a Bond fan and a former owner of Goldeneye, I couldn't help but notice that Goldeneye still has the coolest toy (ramp to the rotating satellite dish magnet) and that it doesn't look that more packed/fleshed out than the 25 year old game. I'm sure the rules and the graphics will be light years ahead, but wish it had one upped the older game more. It will be fun to play on location, I'm kind of with the others here, not sure how we could possibly afford this now with even the premium approaching 10k, it's kind of crazy.

#3857 1 year ago
Quoted from joelbob:

We had fun discussing Bond tonight and Keith actually showed up and seemed to debunk that image. Start watching at 46:28.

I think what Keith said was that it was a render. It's "not real" in that sense. Granted, it definitely is a mock up so could be some incomplete/unfinished game and drastically change from what's shown there. I sure as hell hope so from the artwork as it looks really bad compared. But if this was some random internet person sharing it, you'd probably chalk it up to some quick 3D render. But it being on 007.com at least means it has some officialness to an extent in at least being a concept.

#3858 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Yeah, I don't recall any other games where I saw this many people actually back out of the LE when they had the option.

In the forums, or some kind of dealer metric?
I’d think either way it would be hard to gauge… forums are just talk, if the dealers kept metrics like that they’d still have no way of knowing how many signed up on interest lists with multiple dealers

#3859 1 year ago

I dig the art, especially the LE.
The playfield and Mechs on the Premium LE look awesome.

But Holy Jumping Jesus, the prices for Premium/LE have blown so far past what I'm even willing to consider....just since I bought Rick and Morty BSE NIB..... it's not even an option buying a NIB now.

I guess $8500 is my limit for a TOY.
Glad I bought TNA Alice RM.

Bond looks awesome, wish it was affordable.
Inflation sucks.

#3860 1 year ago

Think he was debunking that it had lcd score reels and not real score reels. It just looks like lcd reels because it’s a mock-up and not a real pic of the game. Stern probably has a generic cabinet render.

#3861 1 year ago
Quoted from Tyler_Durden:

I guarantee if no one bought this the price would drop shortly.

Sure. This is true of literally every product we buy. If no one is buying a product the manufacturer would lower the price to try to spur demand (or stop making it if they could not make an acceptable profit selling at a price the market would bear). But pretty clearly people keep buying Sterns at all price tiers, because they not only aren't lowering prices but are consistently raising them.

#3862 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Gomez quoted ... still dealing with licensing rights on sound ...
Therefore no gameplay , if they did gamplay with no sound there would be 50 more pages of posts ...

Where was this said?

#3863 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

My experience as well this AM. Did everything I could beforehand for this direct offering (purchased an Insider subscription, registered my credit card via a prior Stern Shop (crap items) purchase, found and travelled to a reliable wifi site (currently traveling), followed the availability countdown to the second ...) to prep for this and all for naught within mere seconds. What a joke!!! How many LE's did Stern actually offer via their site???
Thank you Stern. Register me as "Just Another SUCKER".

The actual ability to buy one went live 30 seconds before the countdown expired.

#3864 1 year ago

Considering the AUD conversion rate I think a lot of ‘members’ may want to consider a protective cover on the ‘rocket’.

#3865 1 year ago

For a license of this caliber with tons of fans!….., I think this has gone well below the “wow bar” that even “non” bond fans anticipated. All the extreme hype/delays left a lot of folks thinking that this was going to be literally insane! Now they’re left scratching their heads, wondering if it’s a good idea to buy, or wait for the next stern, or the next Elwin……or even possibly the next CGC….

#3867 1 year ago

I was thinking about buying bond, while I had another Godzilla on line to buy, at very good rate “nib”! Now, I kick myself for passing on GZ premium for a possible purchase of this new POS….

#3868 1 year ago

Im getting subliminal stimulus to run to the store to get a bottle of Jack Daniels

48AA75E8-E72A-4C12-A313-8D50F0050894 (resized).jpeg48AA75E8-E72A-4C12-A313-8D50F0050894 (resized).jpeg
#3869 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Im getting subliminal stimulus to run to the store to get a bottle of Jack Daniels[quoted image]

It's like the side of a race car with the sponsors.

#3870 1 year ago

Any price idea at That 60th edition ?

#3871 1 year ago
AB9CD933-BF81-4BAD-97D0-3044910A84A6 (resized).pngAB9CD933-BF81-4BAD-97D0-3044910A84A6 (resized).png
#3872 1 year ago

A shitload!!!!

#3873 1 year ago
Quoted from SMI3:

Any price idea at That 60th edition ?

$25k seems to be the consensus guess. But if you have to ask, you can't afford it.

#3874 1 year ago

I have a feeling the game has minimal code. Will be a long wait for game to develop. Does anyone know who is on code?

#3875 1 year ago
Quoted from calprog:

I have a feeling the game has minimal code. Will be a long wait for game to develop. Does anyone know who is on code?

Seems to be Lonnie coding (boo) with MXV assist on rules.

#3876 1 year ago
Quoted from Nardax:

The actual ability to buy one went live 30 seconds before the countdown expired.

Yep - saw that posted earlier today.

All I can say, if true, is WTF?! Total bullshit process.

#3877 1 year ago

007 looks great and will be another hit for Stern Pinball.

Lots of opto's in this one,

I hope Stern got finished with all the shit opto stock and starting to use better quality one's.

I see that they have still not run out of that yellow poo... t moulding.

Fingers crossed the crappy service menu button stock is depleted. And new ones that work properly go into 007

Some better quality hardware for this top dollar asking price would be nice

c'mon Stern Pinball
go-for-it-you-can-do-it.gifgo-for-it-you-can-do-it.gif

#3878 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Now that’s a looker
[quoted image]

Screenshot from 2022-09-23 11-32-11 (resized).pngScreenshot from 2022-09-23 11-32-11 (resized).png

The 60th SLE translite is nice and basic enough to also be on a Pro, but the cabinet is just a collage of mini movie posters!!
My 10y old son can do this cabinet.. without a computer!!!

Screenshot from 2022-09-23 11-32-16 (resized).pngScreenshot from 2022-09-23 11-32-16 (resized).png

Don't go full "Emperor's New Clothes" mode on it and fall for such discrimination by paying 20k or more for this thing!

Come on. Where's the limit?

#3879 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

$25k seems to be the consensus guess. But if you have to ask, you can't afford it.

Huh. Can afford and I always ask. That’s why can afford it. There’s the difference between earned money and trust fund money. Genuine concern for my fellow pinballers buying into the JJP/Stern price war. Won’t change the dead Spike board you’re gonna have to fork $500 for that’s not available…better enjoy that Bond artwork. Better warranty for 30 grand? Better resale value? Stern wins when flexing rules.

#3880 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Huh. Can afford and I always ask.

Don't take the common phrase about expensive stuff too seriously.

#3881 1 year ago

I'll wait for the Gomez Bond to see how the code ends up.

I'm way more interested in the Elwin version right now. It's cool to see Mark Penacho is working for Stern his last game was Fish Tales 30 years ago.

#3882 1 year ago

so, prices jumped $800 from rush premium to bond premium, is that right?

#3883 1 year ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

I'll wait for the Gomez Bond to see how the code ends up.
I'm way more interested in the Elwin version right now. It's cool to see Mark Penacho is working for Stern his last game was Fish Tales 30 years ago.

I've been a Stern buyer/watcher for 20 years, and my intuition says the gameplay & rules of the Gomez Bond are going to be a let down. Not because of Gomez, but because of the team and the limited Connery licensing.

MANY of us (that have watched Elwin revive Stern) are going to want Keith's game with ALL the Bond content. I'm also a fan of the more old school design and it will be intriguing to see what Keith comes up with...it's a design space he hasn't explored yet.

If the demand is great, Stern would be silly to limit production to 500 worldwide.

#3884 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

$700

#3885 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I've been a Stern buyer/watcher for 20 years, and my intuition says the gameplay & rules of the Gomez Bond are going to be a let down. Not because of Gomez, but because of the team and the limited Connery licensing.
MANY of us (that have watched Elwin revive Stern) are going to want Keith's game with ALL the Bond content. I'm also a fan of the more old school design and it will be intriguing to see what Keith comes up with...it's a design space he hasn't explored yet.
If the demand is great, Stern would be silly to limit production to 500 worldwide.

They will limit it to 500 to keep exclusivity and markup the price. I'm guessing you will get the quality of a $5000-$6000 pin with a price tag of $20,000+

"There's a sucker born every minute"
~ P. T. Barnum

#3886 1 year ago

If theres one complaint I have, it’s having to upgrade for a physical ball lock. This is pinball, and locking balls is a major feature of any game and has been forever. Taking that out, particularly at these prices, is ridiculous. Make the premium and le more attractive in other ways or make the physical lock simpler in the pro. Jjp started doing it with wonka and stern has been doing it for a while now. At least in Metallica pro there are indicator lights for locked balls, gz and wonka have nothing in the pro versions. Looks like bond pro may not have anything, but not sure from the limited vids.

#3887 1 year ago
Quoted from robotron:

13,500 for an LE i will NEVER spend that kind of money. stern has chased alot of people outa this hobby

It's a different number for everybody. Happened to me a long time ago.

#3888 1 year ago

This has to be the strangest/oddest Pin release by Stern EVER. And after the delay for the wake/funeral, still no gameplay video.

The price increase is an insult also.

Screen Shot 2022-09-22 at 11.29.02 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-09-22 at 11.29.02 PM (resized).png
#3889 1 year ago
Quoted from shlt_thunder:

Excited to see the 60th anniversary playfield but that side cab art is fugly.

Horrible looking cabinet art. Lazy, ugly, bad idea. Bunch of posters photoshopped = gag me. Topper, back glass and cabinet art all competing against each other rather than a cohesive look. The reels on lcd screen look like ass. AND this game is going to be more than the already outrageously priced LE. No way, no how and no thank you. Do these pics make me want to play the game? No. Of all the design components, the back glass looks pretty good.

If it would just not contrast with other parts it could have been something positive. Having all the Bonds and all the villains and all the girls and all the cars and all the weapons in one game is very interesting and is a great alternative to the six Connery movie approach. I wish the art on the SLE was way better.

#3890 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

The problem is a street level with little to no mechs or ramps in my head should be a home pin price. At least less than a pro

This is crazy talk. And I see it all the time.

First - it’s SINGLE LEVEL. Not “street level”. Street Level refers to a range of cheap Gottlieb games.

Second - a single level game requires 95% of the same stuff that a pro/premium game does.

Same cabinet
Same playfield
Same computer
Same screen
Same flippers
Same wiring
Same legs
Same coin door
Same development cost
Same manufacturing cost
Same etc etc etc etc

A game not having $100 worth of ramps (at a volume cost) makes FA difference to a BOM. And often ramps are replaced with something else that costs the same/more. Example - Danesi lock mechanism. Or RGB lighting.

The other day I saw some dork post “I’ll never buy a single level game!!” Well - that is indeed your loss. Some of the best games in history have no ramps. Paragon. Firepower. Centaur. Fathom. Harlem. The list is endless. Hope he enjoys his cookie cutter games.

rd

#3891 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

That’s nothing. We have jumped from Rush LE $16250 AUD to Bond LE $20500 AUD that’s insane!

#3892 1 year ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

That’s nothing. We have jumped from Rush LE $16250 AUD to Bond LE $20500 AUD that’s insane!

The Stern guys need new Ferraris, not much we can do.

#3893 1 year ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Exchange rate

#3894 1 year ago

Happy got 007 LE thru my distro. 1st new LE purchased, I have had to wait for people to get bored so they could sell.

Pricey, but I am a Bond fan and love oldschool. Kids AKA me will be excited for this Christmas present

#3895 1 year ago
Quoted from LittleOnion:

Happy got 007 LE thru my distro. 1st new LE purchased, I have had to wait for people to get bored so they could sell.
Pricey, but I am a Bond fan and love oldschool. Kids AKA me will be excited for this Christmas present

congrats on your LE. A friend of mine is also in on the LE via a distro. I think the LE is the best looking game as well. looking forward to playing it at his place.

#3896 1 year ago
Quoted from LittleOnion:

Was told the LE list was a mile long. The ones that back out will open a spot for a very happy buyer for sure.

#3897 1 year ago

So the title of this thread is “hype club”, but I’m thinking we also need a “crybaby club” for each new pin released.

#3898 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Have we started a poll?
Pro or Prem?
I am a Prem guy but the pro seems like:
1- a lot less money
2- see one
3- great shooter
4- and the toys in the prem are questionable silly and not worth 27 hundy

Normally only buy Premium (or LE if I really like the theme) except for Deadpool, and I wish I had on GOT because the Pro just plays better, but for this Bond I guess it is better just buying the Pro also, Premium definitely looks better, but in a lineup it is not that noticeable when changing the translite for a few bucks.
The physical ball lock is nice, but the vuk and curly ramp don't do anything else, so it will just slow down game play. The bond on a stick will also just slowdown the game, and it doesn't look like much fun honestly. Lastly the underwater scene, that's just no reason at all to pay anything more for it, the plastic will do.
It's like Gomez said, the Pro has all the game needs, and the Premium just has some visual extras....

#3899 1 year ago

i put my name on the list for a premium but here in Montreal, Quebec

this is how it looks, damn...

9700usd = 13135$ cad + 15%(taxes) = 15101$

should I stay with a pro instead....

#3900 1 year ago

so to keep things on topic, I’m “hyped” to play the premium I pre-ordered. Stranger Things is one of my favorite games of all time, and MXV had a big hand in that. George Gomez is arguably the most influential pinball designer in history, from his legendary designs, his pinball 2000 vision, insider connected, and his brilliant management at stern. Dude is a legend, and STILL saved Deadpool from a burning dumpster fire and turned it into one of the GOATs at 60+ years old.

It blows my mind that Pat Lowler and George Gomez are only like 4 years apart in age. George feels 20 years younger.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

9,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ypsilanti, MI
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Glen Ellyn, IL
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 425.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 151.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club/page/78?hl=veemonroe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.