B0646D82-852B-4304-A4CD-23B4A22BDDCF (resized).jpeg
D42D0E5A-DC87-4B80-9D62-E59D378CACBA (resized).jpeg
FB2C5C38-17F0-45D4-BCED-57EF94539DCE (resized).jpeg
E873B6CA-F0F2-4C5E-8589-E5B0B96E2CAF (resized).jpeg
ABFA1B74-F8DD-4DAE-B74F-110B222F23D0 (resized).jpeg
A8461CA8-3529-4922-9A2F-EEB6517CA7A5 (resized).jpeg
20221216_225500 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 151.
#3651 1 year ago

The Pro just doesn't give you the thrill if you really look good at it and I believe it's designed this way intentionally.

Just imagine if Pro would look good, like Deadpool Pro or JP Pro, compared to their versions of Prem and LE.

An awesome looking Pro would definitely eat up some sales of the other versions. Especially now with this increased price margin between them.

#3652 1 year ago
Quoted from ALY:The Pro just doesn't give you the thrill if you really look good at it and I believe it's designed this way intentionally.
Just imagine if Pro would look good, like Deadpool Pro or JP Pro, compared to their versions of Prem and LE.
An awesome looking Pro would definitely eat up some sales of the other versions. Especially now with this increased price margin between them.

Neither model seems very exciting

#3653 1 year ago

Wow. Price is a joke for the LE. Cash grab rip off. Disappointed. No topper or shooter rod. Art is alright, trim is boring and playfield looks great! I will not may $13,500 I will tell you that however, I will play on the arcade. Who is programming the game? Look forward to gameplay video.

#3654 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

[quoted image]

Looks like the “rambone” is back for more!

#3655 1 year ago

Sorry Pro guys but it looks pretty lame. I know it’s relatively “cheap” but it is so stripped back, even by Pro standards. 3 flippers, some drops and a dildo.

#3656 1 year ago

I’m so underwhelmed, just gave up my LE spot

Can someone point out one unique or interesting shot on this thing?

The toys are purely staging and don’t seem fun or exciting at all. The car is a freaking vuk, the scuba diver is nothing, the jet pack is slow and seems rather pointless.

#3657 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Lyman helped out on quite a few of his games.

Yeah exactly and it's impossible to determine the levels of contribution or inspiration. Lyman is and will be greatly missed as a code and rules guy, so I'm hoping someone like Elwin can be there as a sounding board for rules and layouts while someone else handles the code minutae with Lonnie.

#3658 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Sorry Pro guys but it looks pretty lame. I know it’s relatively “cheap” but it is so stripped back, even by Pro standards. 3 flippers, some drops and a dildo.

7k more gets you a scuba diver figure and a slow as mollases non interactive magnet n a stick!

#3659 1 year ago

How much was the LE?

#3660 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

7k more gets you a scuba diver figure and a slow as mollases non interactive magnet n a stick!

to be fair it is interactive. You gotta time dropping the ball onto the target. Also it directly interacts with the ball which seems to be the classic definition of "interactive toy"

The scuba guys does seem dumb though. No argument there. Pure visual, and not a very exciting one off what I saw.

#3661 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

to be fair it is interactive. You gotta time dropping the ball onto the target. Also it directly interacts with the ball which seems to be the classic definition of "interactive toy"
The scuba guys does seem dumb though. No argument there. Pure visual, and not a very exciting one off what I saw.

Are you sure? It moves very slow and the ball hovers directly above the target. Not much skill required if it does need to be “timed”

#3662 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I know it’s relatively “cheap” but it is so stripped back,

I first heard this for Tron and its been repeated every game since but some turned out great. We'll have to see.

#3663 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

The prem pricing is such a cash grab. Those 2 toys for $2700.
The more I think about it the more I am coming into my senses…

Exactly my point in the post above.
They intentionally made a fugly Pro so all the cant-wait-for-new-Stern people will pay $10k to avoid it.

Do you really think a paid designer with such a prestigious licence on its desk would come up with this kind of design on a James Bond product for $7000?
This was "designed" by the management and sales department for sure.

P.S. I would really love to see some honest feedback by the non-pinball 007 aficionados.

#3664 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Are you sure? It moves very slow and the ball hovers directly above the target. Not much skill required if it does need to be “timed”

I'm not going to argue the subjectivity of it being fun or a challenge. But it does directly interact with the ball. That was my only point. Carry on

#3665 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I'm not going to argue the subjectivity of it being fun or a challenge. But it does directly interact with the ball. That was my only point. Carry on

Yes what’s the point of discussing pinball gameplay on a pinball forum, what an idiot I am for bringing it up. My apologies

#3666 1 year ago
Quoted from ALY:

Exactly my point in the post above.
They intentionally made a fugly Pro so all the cant-wait-for-new-Stern people will pay $10k to avoid it.
Do you really think a paid designer with such a prestigious licence on its desk would come up with this kind of design on a James Bond product for $7000?
This was "designed" by the management and sales department for sure.
P.S. I would really love to see some honest feedback by the non-pinball 007 aficionados.

Here is some: looks shitty

#3667 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

The toys are purely staging and don’t seem fun or exciting at all. The car is a freaking vuk, the scuba diver is nothing, the jet pack is slow and seems rather pointless.

The toys were purely staging on Deadpool & LOTR as well - but they shoot really well and have great code/assets. Bond will be the same.

#3668 1 year ago

I’m gonna wait and see what the SLE offers and the price. Lol. I can already feel the sticker shock.

May buy used later. LE looks meh.

#3669 1 year ago

This is the best theme in quite some time.

#3670 1 year ago

Quivering phallus! I’m in.

#3671 1 year ago

only 16k in pinside marketplace,its gotta be good

#3672 1 year ago

I was definitely hoping the jetpack took the ball all the way to the rocket, and the tank drop was a timed event leaving some choice up to the player as to which goal to aim for. That would have been neat.

Quoted from nicoy3k:

#3673 1 year ago

Here comes all the trash talk hahaha

#3674 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Well, you can get those things on a premium for 2.5k more. LE pricing, at double!!! the pro, is questionable, but seems perfectly priced based on the reception. But the Pro…… honestly better off with the home games. Dangers JP home is a steal compared. Crazy to think $9.5k premium is now the entry price for a full featured game.

#3675 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

The toys were purely staging on Deadpool & LOTR as well - but they shoot really well and have great code/assets. Bond will be the same.

The katana shot is one of the most unique and satisfying in pinball history. The “lock” is just the cherry on top of an awesome shot .

#3676 1 year ago
Quoted from astro_judge:

I'm not as familiar with Lonnie's code style and was surprised to see that some people are out on Bond because of him, so I went back through his games and.. yeah..
He's worked on some of my favorites, but they're not usually favorites because of his code adding to the game. It's usually a great layout / theme propping up some good / great code. Admittedly, he's got more duds than studs on his resume thanks to being a workhorse through Stern's lean years, but there are some gems in there too. I haven't played every Lonnie game, but would consider these the highlights for one reason or another:
Star Trek (as Lead)
Stranger Things (with Eddy...)
Iron Man (with Lyman...)
Tron: Legacy (with Lyman...)
Wheel of Fortune
Sopranos (with Dwight AND Lyman...)
Baywatch (on a team of 4)
Maverick (with Lyman...)
The Who's: Tommy (with Lyman and Carpenter)
In my opinion, his modern code often arrives late and never seems to push the envelope enough in a time when games like Godzilla, A:IQ, Rush, AC/DC, Batman 66, Walking Dead, etc.. are redefining how we think about pinball game design.

Not credited but I believe Dwight came in on ST to help out at the end did a good rework/bug fix I believe.

#3677 1 year ago

Definitely a step back from Godzilla IMO but theres a lot I can forgive because it's James Bond

#3678 1 year ago

To each their own. Avengers to me is a meh game, certainly not inspired by any stretch. I'm glad you like it, but I'm also glad I don't own one.

Quoted from pinmister:

I would not discount Gomez. His designs are stop and go but they are unique and far from fan layout. Avengers is one of his best games made(once Hulk gets dialed in). I like the depth factor, the dual ramps, the missile(is cool imo), but the jetpack does look lame-a swing and a miss

#3679 1 year ago

Love that Stern got this killer Bond license and know it will be a blast, but a few things just feel a tad odd:
- Bond on a wand..
- Rocket to bash on a spring
- Price
- LE vs 60th format

I would rather they just glammed up the 60th version but kept the same game… kinda like BM66 SLE.
I think the anniversary will look fantastic but fear it may not play as well as this mainstream release due to older design limitations.

Ref the price hike:
Everything these days getting blamed on supply chain, parts etc…
Apple IPhone 14, not much different from last years price.
You can buy 15 x top of the range Samsung washing machines for the LE price.
Imagine stripping down the pin and laying it out next to the washing machines and comparing the BoM
Lol…

#3680 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Love that Stern got this killer Bond license and know it will be a blast, but a few things just feel a tad odd:
- Bond on a wand..
- Rocket to bash on a spring
- Price
- LE vs 60th format
I would rather they just glammed up the 60th version but kept the same game… kinda like BM66 SLE.
I think the anniversary will look fantastic but fear it may not play as well as this mainstream release due to older design limitations.
Ref the price hike:
Everything these days getting blamed on supply chain, parts etc…
Apple IPhone 14, not much different from last years price.
Imagine stripping down the pin and laying it out next to the washing machines and comparing the BoM
Lol…

If they can make money off a pro at 7k they can make money or an LE at 8k. It’s a money grab.

#3681 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Lol…

Well, this is the first time I've heard a pin price converted to washing machine currency. I'm not quite sure if I think it's a worse or better deal now . . . I do know you can't judge a washing machine purely on BOM, there's a lot more to it!

#3682 1 year ago

Oz guys, what’s the guess on LE pricing. Would have to be minimum $19995!!!!! Such a huge jump - Stern increase plus crap AUD and stupid sea freight rates. Should really be over $20k but not sure if the AMD guys are game.

#3683 1 year ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Well, this is the first time I've heard a pin price converted to washing machine currency. I'm not quite sure if I think it's a worse or better deal now . . . I do know you can't judge a washing machine purely on BOM, there's a lot more to it!

Yeh the Laundrargument is a new one. Pretty impressive comparison though. Certainly the LE wins on fun factor and art vs 14 washing machines. Stern have been telling us all along…forget the price it’s all about the fun. The Laundrargument proves it.

#3684 1 year ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Here comes all the trash talk hahaha

Yep. It’s the cranky evening crowd!

Folks are entitled to their opinion but to pretend they aren’t gonna sell boatloads of these is just ridiculous.

#3685 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Oz guys, what’s the guess on LE pricing. Would have to be minimum $19995!!!!! Such a huge jump - Stern increase plus crap AUD and stupid sea freight rates. Should really be over $20k but not sure if the AMD guys are game.

We are going to find out in the next day or so. Dollar is the lowest in the last few years too.

#3686 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yep. It’s the cranky evening crowd!
Folks are entitled to their opinion but to pretend they aren’t gonna sell boatloads of these is just ridiculous.

Not so fast my friend. Great theme but initial impressions across the board on the reveal are uderwhelming.

Combined with what appears to be a crash grab price increase, this one still has some flop potential.

#3687 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I am not surprised that people are passing on the LE this price.

It's too early to tell, for me all the great games have great code. It's hard to say because this is not Keith and company (or Lyman RIP). I know Stern usually dose good code but at the price of an LE Id need more than hope for a great code.

#3688 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I am not surprised that people are passing on the LE this price.
It's too early to tell, for me all the great games have great code. It's hard to say because this is not Keith and company (or Lyman RIP). I know Stern usually dose good code but at the price of an LE Id need more than hope for a great code.

Passing? They’re all gone!

#3689 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

AND.....a physical ball lock behind the pen...er rocket!

#3690 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

AND.....a physical ball lock behind the pen...er rocket!

Another vuk, yay!

#3691 1 year ago

LE for 16K in the marketplace....

#3692 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

If I can point out a possible silver lining, and maybe I'm being naive, but maybe fewer flippers at this price since it's starting out so high?

Not sure I see any logic in this. Everyone was upset that previous LEs are being bought at a lower price, say like $11,400 or whatever Rush was, and then resold immediately at a higher price, say maybe $13,000? And people think there is a silver lining now that they are all for sale at that price? Yeah, that makes no sense at all.

#3693 1 year ago

The stripped down pro just has VUKs, flippers, drop targets, a flopping around mech, some ramps, some magnets….

How stupid does stern think we are?!

I mean, just because I just described pretty much every pinball machine they’ve released in 15 years doesn’t mean they’ll get away with it again!!

#3694 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The pro just has VUKs, flippers, drop targets, a flopping around rocket, some ramps, some magnets….
How stupid does stern think we are?!
I mean, just because I just described pretty much every pinball machine they’ve released in 15 years doesn’t mean they’ll get away with it again!!

Levi is on fire in this thread. Keeps me refreshing every second with great hope for another post of wisdom!

#3695 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

If they can make money off a pro at 7k they can make money or an LE at 8k. It’s a money grab.

There is nothing about this comment that makes any sense or has any basis in any reality of business sense. Be upset about the price but time for a remedial math class.

#3696 1 year ago
Quoted from Jcantelli:

Passing? They’re all gone!

You wouldn't understand. You say they're all gone as if that means no one passed on it, the LE can be gone but that doesn't mean people with first refusal didn't pass on it. Not to mention a lot are probably gone to flippers.

Quoted from nicoy3k:

You are not the first person that I've heard from that is passing on the LE. (at least 2 others).

#3697 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Levi is on fire in this thread. Keeps me refreshing every second with great hope for another post of wisdom!

It’s the same Levi wisdom for every release in the past 15 years.

#3698 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It’s the same wisdom for every release in the past 15 years.

Same dumb complaints, same brilliant responses!

#3699 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The circle of life.

#3700 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

LMAO

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mead, WA
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods
Shooter rods
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods
Plastics
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 151.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club/page/74 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.