B0646D82-852B-4304-A4CD-23B4A22BDDCF (resized).jpeg
D42D0E5A-DC87-4B80-9D62-E59D378CACBA (resized).jpeg
FB2C5C38-17F0-45D4-BCED-57EF94539DCE (resized).jpeg
E873B6CA-F0F2-4C5E-8589-E5B0B96E2CAF (resized).jpeg
ABFA1B74-F8DD-4DAE-B74F-110B222F23D0 (resized).jpeg
A8461CA8-3529-4922-9A2F-EEB6517CA7A5 (resized).jpeg
20221216_225500 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 151.
#3601 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

Quick FYI for all that have paid up on a game already (I guess that is just LEs)...sales taxes are starting to be collected, previously it was the responsibility the buyer (whatever); if the merchant does collect sales tax make sure the rate is correct!! I saved ~$200 because the tax rate was incorrect, a simple email was all it took. It should be the tax rate at the location of delivery (or use I suppose). Double check!

From who? Just stern or all distributors even if out of state?

#3602 1 year ago

Sweet - are we moving into the pro vs premium phase now??

Love that shit.

#3603 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I don't know about your target age. It has been my experience in the 40+ machines that have rotated through my basement in the past 4 years that your average buyer/trader/seller is a family man in their 40s, white, and slightly overweight. The oldest person I've traded with was probably 62, and they were an 80s solid state guy.
I'm 36 and have yet to trade a pin with, sell to, or buy from someone younger than me.

I'm Gen X (45 years old). So maybe not all GenX's or all Millennials. However, we are a rare percentage depending on your income level.

The future generations after these two there will probably be less active younger buyers. Because I don't see too many 20 year olds buying new pinball machines at their current prices or caring about nostalgia like we do. And yes, im building a Goonies pinball machine from a rethemed Blackrose

#3604 1 year ago

Pro Features
did not notice the up-post in the rhs to the flipper

Premium Features

#3605 1 year ago
Quoted from Jcantelli:

From who? Just stern or all distributors even if out of state?

An out of state distro had the wrong tax location input. It was still not quite right, our tax tables were updated in late June, but I know when to quit.

#3606 1 year ago

All three models look decent to me.

I like the fact that no ramps or shots were removed from the pro.

#3607 1 year ago

Looks like the pro is the way to go.

#3608 1 year ago

Who is going to make some blades for Pro and Premiums first? The color schemes should make it pretty easy to bring to life that back area without worrying about IP.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3609 1 year ago

Was there any mention of how far the along the code is at launch?

#3610 1 year ago

that rocket better be made of stainless steel, and not plastic at these prices. Good luck and have fun on this one guys..I went with a Medeival Madness Remake instead. I'm sure it will shoot awesome though..so no hate..just don't want to beta test, and was THIS CLOSE to doing that on a TS4.

#3611 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

Thank you for your input. So you want me to go to the trouble in arranging with buyer, wire fee and shipping all for free? I was asking for something for my time to be worthwhile otherwise I can offer to my local group or just call stern up and have them cancel it and be done. Bunch of down votes for having a little buyers remorse and offering to someone else for some of my time…I’m sure there will be plenty of LEs going for a lot more and people can get it from them.

Well YOU did create your own headache man. It’s on you

#3612 1 year ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

Pro is the way to go? Lol, that thing is horrendous! I would have to yack every time I looked at that thing. Worst Pro Stern ever made as far as looks.

I agree it's no looker, but in a row of games and with an alternate translite, would be passable. Bottom line for me is it looks fun to play.

#3614 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

100% confirmed in the Gomez/Vinikour podcast interview, it's Lonnie with Mike on rules design, just like Stranger Things.

Gross. Can't they just leave Lonnie on system level programming stuff? God knows there's a mountain of work left to do so it's not just emulating DMD era sterns on the Spike system menu.

Lonnie's games are the definition of "good enough and no more." Boo.

#3615 1 year ago

I would just be curious what the Ritchie design was prior to Gomez taking over and scrapping it.

#3616 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Gross. Can't they just leave Lonnie on system level programming. His games are the definition of "good enough and no more."

Gross indeed.

#3617 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Gross. Can't they just leave Lonnie on system level programming. His games are the definition of "good enough and no more."

Yeah STH is REALLY good enough

#3618 1 year ago

if that rocket just rattles back and forth when a ball goes around it ill be pretty dissapointed. Especially on premium/le

#3619 1 year ago
Quoted from o07eleven:

I would just be curious what the Ritchie design was prior to Gomez taking over and scrapping it.

Look at Star Wars. Zep, BKSOR….

Something like that.

#3620 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

After seeing it in full, the only eye sore to me is the translite. Wish it was more of a full scene like the other 2.

Yeah, it blows. Swap it out with a premium or alternate translite. Guessing sales for alt translites will be brisk for this title.

#3621 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

that rocket better be made of stainless steel, and not plastic at these prices.

Why? Save money where you can, spend it where it makes a difference.

#3622 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

I agree it's no looker, but in a row of games and with an alternate translite, would be passable. Bottom line for me is it looks fun to play.

It needs to be wedged between two games in a dark room and I would need to be wearing a blind fold. Hopefully it is fun to play because nothing else going for it.

#3623 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

if that rocket just rattles back and forth when a ball goes around it ill be pretty dissapointed. Especially on premium/le

It's knocking the ball into stand up targets around it from what I can see.

#3624 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

That's sexual assault in some states.

#3625 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

I want a cool rocket launch countdown type thing when multiball starts. Kind of like the Godzilla building. But if there is a shaker under there and it can go up and down a little that would be awesome. You look balls. Suddenly sirens go off and you get a 5-4-3-2-1 countdown. Then some awesome lights and the balls get released.

Thats what I was imagining.

#3626 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Slowing economy, higher interest rates, building pinball inventories >> could happen.
Economy is still pretty strong. Time will tell. I still see friends snapping up machines at big $.

Others will be snapping some up at lower prices next year. This game could be one of those.

#3627 1 year ago

Black T mold will do wonders for any of these .I’m most always blown away by they’re choices in molding and powder coat .Black T mold let’s the trans/bg stand out ,very simple .This LE powder reminds me of shirts I’ve received as gifts .The only place that color should exist is on a golf course in the Caribbean .I think the actual art is great as it’s true to the movies .Unfortunately ,as much as I love what I see , I need to tap out for quite some time on NIBs .I’ll be happy to go back to road trips for used machines as it’s still the most fun I’ve had in this hobby Looks great Stern !! Hope to own one down the line .

#3628 1 year ago

I hope the film clips include audio.

#3629 1 year ago

Have we started a poll?
Pro or Prem?

I am a Prem guy but the pro seems like:
1- a lot less money
2- see one
3- great shooter
4- and the toys in the prem are questionable silly and not worth 27 hundy

#3630 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Have we started a poll?
Pro or Prem?
1- a lot less money
2- see one
3- great shooter

I'm not sure the toys on the premium are worth 1k extra.

#3631 1 year ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

It needs to be wedged between two games in a dark room and I would need to be wearing a blind fold. Hopefully it is fun to play because nothing else going for it.

Your ACDC is doing alright

#3632 1 year ago

Wondering if the shot around the rocket will come back to the flippers or if it just rattles around behind the rocket as shown in the video

#3633 1 year ago

On the Pinball Magazine website I posted all images I received from Stern for each model, as well as the press release and letter to distributors.
https://www.pinball-magazine.com/?p=4636

#3634 1 year ago

Have we started a poll?
Pro or Prem?
1- a lot less money
2- see one
3- great shooter

I am in the wait and see camp, but off the top of my head, think the pro is not going to be bad. The magnet rocket pack is cool and it's well integrated in the theme but I think can live without it. I am not sure of the toy ball lock, I do like physical ball locks but it's not all that bad, I live without it on my Met pro.

For me, I like art and think pro has the worst art but it's not bad, meaning that I don't hate it.

#3635 1 year ago

Have we started a poll?
Pro or Prem?
1- a lot less money
2- see one
3- great shooter

You forgot number five.

5- fugly fugly fugly!

#3636 1 year ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

You forgot number five.
5- fugly fugly fugly!

Lololol

#3637 1 year ago

The prem pricing is such a cash grab. Those 2 toys for $2700.
The more I think about it the more I am coming into my senses…

#3638 1 year ago

The prem pricing is such a cash grab. Those 2 toys for $2700.
The more I think about it the more I am coming into my senses…

At this point I'm totally down with it.
Look, prices ain't going down, so at least raise the price of the pro and make the premium add one pointless window dressing. Male the premium to same as rhe LE, cash grabs

#3639 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Well YOU did create your own headache man. It’s on you

If YOU read my post it would be a headache if trying to sell to another person. I didn’t buy it to flip so it’s going back to stern. I would have transferred for as little as $100. Assholes all over this forum but hey it’s pinside

#3640 1 year ago

Disappointing both price and features,what is up with the toys on springs under the playfield! pro is the way to go on this one!
I was really excited for this title but I am pass maybe a used pro someday if it’s fun.

#3641 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Look at Star Wars. Zep, BKSOR….
Something like that.

...STTNG, AC/DC, Spiderman...you know, along those lines- haha.

#3642 1 year ago

1- a lot less money

Quoted from rockrand:

what is up with the toys on springs under the playfield! pro is the way to go on this one!

00D74430-65AC-4028-BF53-D19258BF11A3.gif00D74430-65AC-4028-BF53-D19258BF11A3.gif
#3643 1 year ago
Quoted from usandthem:

...STTNG, AC/DC, Spiderman...you know, along those lines- haha.

Lyman coming back thru the door?

#3644 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Saying it's a beautiful day when it's a blizzard.

That’s just sarcasm……apparently the lowest form of humour.

#3645 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

It means… give it a year

I'm not as familiar with Lonnie's code style and was surprised to see that some people are out on Bond because of him, so I went back through his games and.. yeah..

He's worked on some of my favorites, but they're not usually favorites because of his code adding to the game. It's usually a great layout / theme propping up some good / great code. Admittedly, he's got more duds than studs on his resume thanks to being a workhorse through Stern's lean years, but there are some gems in there too. I haven't played every Lonnie game, but would consider these the highlights for one reason or another:

Star Trek (as Lead)
Stranger Things (with Eddy...)
Iron Man (with Lyman...)
Tron: Legacy (with Lyman...)
Wheel of Fortune
Sopranos (with Dwight AND Lyman...)
Baywatch (on a team of 4)
Maverick (with Lyman...)
The Who's: Tommy (with Lyman and Carpenter)

In my opinion, his modern code often arrives late and never seems to push the envelope enough in a time when games like Godzilla, A:IQ, Rush, AC/DC, Batman 66, Walking Dead, etc.. are redefining how we think about pinball game design.

#3646 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I'm not sure the toys on the premium are worth 1k extra.

Unless the rocket was stainless steel .........lol.........

#3647 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That’s just sarcasm……apparently the lowest form of humour.

Agreed but it is considered verbal irony.

#3648 1 year ago
Quoted from astro_judge:

I'm not as familiar with Lonnie's code style and was surprised to see that some people are out on Bond because of him, so I went back through his games and.. yeah..
He's worked on some of my favorites, but they're not usually favorites because of his code adding to the game. It's usually a great layout / theme propping up some good / great code. Admittedly, he's got more duds than studs on his resume thanks to being a workhorse through Stern's lean years, but there are some gems in there too. I haven't played every Lonnie game, but would consider these the highlights for one reason or another:
Star Trek (as Lead)
Stranger Things (with Eddy...)
Iron Man (with Lyman...)
Tron: Legacy (with Lyman...)
Wheel of Fortune
Sopranos (with Dwight AND Lyman...)
Baywatch (on a team of 4)
Maverick (with Lyman...)
The Who's: Tommy (with Lyman and Carpenter)
In my opinion, his modern code often arrives late and never seems to push the envelope enough in a time when games like Godzilla, A:IQ, Rush, AC/DC, Batman 66, Walking Dead, etc.. are redefining how we think about pinball game design.

Lyman helped out on quite a few of his games.

#3649 1 year ago

Looks like I'm back on team pro with this new hike... this one looks really fun though so not mad about it. I also might be the one person out there that likes the yellow cab!

#3650 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Couldn't agree more. Rained cats and dogs on my wedding day over 22 years ago. Best day of my life. Wouldn't trade my married life for anything.

SAME!

We got married in 1998 as well and it poured during our wedding and then cleared out just as we took off in the Limo.
wedding1 (resized).jpgwedding1 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 59.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Print2pin
Toppers
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
$ 26.50
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution
Toppers
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball
Decorations
$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball
Interactive
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
Machine - For Sale
Butler, PA
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 151.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club/page/73 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.