B0646D82-852B-4304-A4CD-23B4A22BDDCF (resized).jpeg
D42D0E5A-DC87-4B80-9D62-E59D378CACBA (resized).jpeg
FB2C5C38-17F0-45D4-BCED-57EF94539DCE (resized).jpeg
E873B6CA-F0F2-4C5E-8589-E5B0B96E2CAF (resized).jpeg
ABFA1B74-F8DD-4DAE-B74F-110B222F23D0 (resized).jpeg
A8461CA8-3529-4922-9A2F-EEB6517CA7A5 (resized).jpeg
20221216_225500 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 151.
#3551 1 year ago

Are all Stern prices going up to these new Bond levels?

#3552 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Are all Stern prices going up to these new levels?

Yes. Non Bond games remain at the old level until Jan 1, 2023, but most likely dealers will start using that sooner. We saw it last year after Godzilla.

#3553 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Are all Stern prices going up to these new levels?

If it is just like the did last year, they will drag their feet during this year to release as little as they can, to eventually release most orders next year when the prices are now effectively higher.

#3554 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Or they should just give more allocation to legitimate deals like ZMeny Flip N Out pinball and the other good ones and not piss people off by selling out before their counter reaches 0.

Agreed. Couldn't be happier with my purchease from @ZMeny. He is great for the hobby and his team is a pleasure to deal with.

#3555 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

If it is just like the did last year, they will drag their feet during this year to release as little as they can, to eventually release most orders next year when the prices are now effectively higher.

Still some stock out there!

#3556 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

Who said anything about significant over msrp? I’m just having some buyers remorse and giving a chance to MAYBE selling my spot. If someone wants to offer a little more for my headache otherwise back to stern it is.

Yeah you can keep your headache…

#3557 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

Lol, yeah I think so too. I guess boomer is code for old but I’m in my mid-fifties and fall in that first decade of gen x. The music, movies, etc. stern is licensing seem to target my age group really well (old enough to remember the old stuff, young enough to still follow the newer stuff, and settled enough to afford some expensive toys)

Gen X is truly the forgotten generation

#3558 1 year ago

I am usually a premium buyer, but down the road if I decide to get a Bond, I think I'd go Pro. It seems like recent Premiums tend to have three major extra toys. In this case, it is the physical ball lock by the rocket, the jetpack, and the under playfield scuba scene. Unlike other premiums, I don't find the Bond toys very compelling (especially for the price). Perhaps I'll change my tune when I see more gameplay.

I was hoping the henchman ramp lifted and had a shot under it, but it does not look like that is the case (or if it is, it isn't highlighted anywhere).

Looking forward to the Deadflip stream to check it out...hopefully that is not too far off.

#3559 1 year ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Its an expensive toy primarily targeted at Baby Boomers. (current target market).
However, when Baby Boomers go by-by, prices might drop as the next target market (Gen X and Millennials) will have limited funds. Plus they don't really care about about nostalgia.

I don't know about your target age. It has been my experience in the 40+ machines that have rotated through my basement in the past 4 years that your average buyer/trader/seller is a family man in their 40s, white, and slightly overweight. The oldest person I've traded with was probably 62, and they were an 80s solid state guy.

I'm 36 and have yet to trade a pin with, sell to, or buy from someone younger than me.

#3560 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I don't know about your target age. It has been my experience in the 40+ machines that have rotated through my basement in the past 4 years that your average buyer/trader/seller is a family man in their 40s, white, and slightly overweight.

Are you calling me fat?

Also, if I had kids I wouldn't be able to afford pinball machines.

#3561 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Maybe we should keep it that way . . . but if we are to be remembered I propose:

Generation Xcellent? We invented almost all the Tech used today. And by we, I mean people that were born somewhat close to the year I was born as I had nothing to do with any of it. And by invented all the tech, I mean that I think they did as I really don't know for sure.

#3562 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

It is ironic because it's the opposite of what you'd expect. You can actually get the game cheaper from an out of state dealer than direct from Stern (assuming you can get it for MSRP). And people (including me) paid $40/year for this benefit of a small chance of buying direct from Stern!

Irony does not equal opposite. Opposite equals opposite.

Trust me on this one. It's just a thing that happened, it's not ironic.

Together, we can stop irony abuse!

#3563 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

He can keep it at that price, no pin is worth $16K.

Quoted from BlackTiePinhead:

GNR CE, Big Bang Bar, STh LE, Addams Gold, JPLE, IMDN LE would all like a word......

Yeah, none of those games are $16k worth of fun. And two of them are in my all-time top three.

#3564 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

It is ironic because it's the opposite of what you'd expect. You can actually get the game cheaper from an out of state dealer than direct from Stern (assuming you can get it for MSRP). And people (including me) paid $40/year for this benefit of a small chance of buying direct from Stern!

Yeah, it’s not really a great deal so far. I had hoped for more content but aside from a few interviews like the one today or the JP sharpshooters episode it’s been barren. I’m hoping there will eventually be some IC related features to membership like home leaderboards etc.

#3565 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

Yeah, it’s not really a great deal so far. I had hoped for more content but aside from a few interviews like the one today or the JP sharpshooters episode it’s been barren. I’m hoping there will eventually be some IC related features to membership like home leaderboards etc.

Eh it's only 40 bucks. Didn't they send you guys a T shirt?

#3566 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

How do they put that big side armor on a LE and NOT custom cut it?

They'll sell custom cut armor on the website a few months from now, but only in black.

#3567 1 year ago

Nah, that's definitely not irony.

Irony is a firehouse catching on fire. Saying it's a beautiful day when it's a blizzard.

Something unusual or unexpected is not inherently ironic.

#3568 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Irony does not equal opposite. Opposite equals opposite.
Trust me on this one. It's just a thing that happened, it's not ironic.

Just keep it simple, irony is like rain on your wedding day. If you apply that standard to all possible instances of irony you should be correct most of the time.

#3569 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

The irony about the "insider" LE games that were snapped up this morning in less than one minute (I missed out) is that Stern is charging state sales tax ($1,000 for some) but if you ordered from an out of state dealer they would not charge that. So you end up paying MORE to get it direct from Stern (than if you can get MSRP from a dealer).

totally depends on the dealer and your state. But in general.. consider those tax free days numbered.

#3570 1 year ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Just keep it simple, irony is like rain on your wedding day. If you apply that standard to all possible instances of irony you should be correct most of the time.

Rain on a wedding day is bad luck, not irony.

#3571 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Yeah, none of those games are $16k worth of fun. And two of them are in my all-time top three.

You’re doing the math wrong, it’s: Price you sell at - (Price you paid + price of mods/adding) = cost of fun. The equation might fall apart if you divide cost of fun by games played to get your cost per game

#3572 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Eh it's only 40 bucks. Didn't they send you guys a T shirt?

Not that I remember, also never got anything for registering LEs that I can remember…

#3573 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

Not that I remember, also never got anything for registering LEs that I can remember…

A lifetime subscription to Insider is included with my last 2 LE's (Zilla and Rush).... I just have them locked to two diff email accounts now

#3574 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Lol, I knew letting Alanis Morissette teach everyone that word would come back to bite us!

#3575 1 year ago

Man the Pro is fugly fugly fugly!!!!

#3576 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

Lol, I knew letting Alanis Morissette teach everyone that word would come back to bite us!

Singing a song about irony without listing any actual examples of irony is itself pretty ironic

#3577 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Early reports say Lonnie but not sure that's confirmed

100% confirmed in the Gomez/Vinikour podcast interview, it's Lonnie with Mike on rules design, just like Stranger Things.

#3578 1 year ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Yeah you can keep your headache…

Thank you for your input. So you want me to go to the trouble in arranging with buyer, wire fee and shipping all for free? I was asking for something for my time to be worthwhile otherwise I can offer to my local group or just call stern up and have them cancel it and be done. Bunch of down votes for having a little buyers remorse and offering to someone else for some of my time…I’m sure there will be plenty of LEs going for a lot more and people can get it from them.

#3579 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

they will drag their feet during this year to release as little as they can,

They are cranking out games as fast the supply chain will allow.

#3580 1 year ago
Quoted from Mogg:

Love that he said he shit canned Steve’s design in the podcast.
- it wasn’t a crass comment like I’m making it sound

NoSteveRitchie (resized).pngNoSteveRitchie (resized).png
#3581 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

100% confirmed in the Gomez/Vinikour podcast interview, it's Lonnie with Mike on rules design, just like Stranger Things.

It means… give it a year

#3582 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

I'm Generation X, and I don't know if I feel that we've been forgotten about. 80's nostalgia has been HOT HOT HOT for about a decade now. My pop culture interests as far as movies, music, and tv (pinball themes) most closely align with the boomers. Same goes for a lot of people I know. I think we've been given a pretty good amount of attention, just not necessarily by name (Gen X). And when we are, it's not usually in a condescending manner like those damn, lazy millennials- haha.

#3583 1 year ago

looks a bit like a letdown, and agreed with others that the pro appears to be the way to go.

#3584 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Actually rain on your wedding day is good luck. Quite the discussion in this thread.

#3585 1 year ago
Quoted from palmab03:

looks a bit like a letdown, and agreed with others that the pro appears to be the way to go.

Pro is the way to go? Lol, that thing is horrendous! I would have to yack every time I looked at that thing. Worst Pro Stern ever made as far as looks.

#3586 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

Thank you for your input. So you want me to go to the trouble in arranging with buyer, wire fee and shipping all for free? I was asking for something for my time to be worthwhile otherwise I can offer to my local group or just call stern up and have them cancel it and be done. Bunch of down votes for having a little buyers remorse and offering to someone else for some of my time…I’m sure there will be plenty of LEs going for a lot more and people can get it from them.

It doesnt matter what you say about buyers remorse and I assume your being honest but The timing of your post gives the appearance of an Immediate flip,This will rub a bunch of people wrong.Just cancel and your work is done.

#3587 1 year ago

Any good distributors in NY or NJ near the Connecticut boarder?

#3588 1 year ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:Man the Pro is fugly fugly fugly!!!!

I thought so at first but it's growing on me. I would definitely like the Bond girls on the right side showing though!

#3589 1 year ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

Pro is the way to go? Lol, that thing is horrendous! I would have to yack every time I looked at that thing. Worst Pro Stern ever made as far as looks.

Nah, pro looks cool. Very old-school movie theater look.

#3590 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Not according to Alanis

#3591 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

It doesnt matter what you say about buyers remorse and I assume your being honest but The timing of your post gives the appearance of an Immediate flip,This will rub a bunch of people wrong.Just cancel and your work is done.

I can see how that may look. Thanks for understanding. Not worth in trying to deal with some of the people on here

#3592 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Nah, pro looks cool. Very old-school movie theater look.

After seeing it in full, the only eye sore to me is the translite. Wish it was more of a full scene like the other 2.

#3593 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

You are exactly the type of collector that should have the LE. Congrats on your spot! In a few years you’ll forget about the price.

Dream theme for me, too.

The art is exactly what I want, as well. Glad I was lucky enough to snag an LE, felt the pain of the price like anyone else, but was resigned to it. No intent to flip but if it retains value, sure who wouldn't want that?

But this is because it is a Connery Bond pin with that awesome handpainted old school art. That's why I was resigned to getting it.

#3594 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Any good distributors in NY or NJ near the Connecticut boarder?

AUTOMATED

#3595 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Stern sucked the flip right out of this title.

#3596 1 year ago
Quoted from LouMatt:Actually rain on your wedding day is good luck. Quite the discussion in this thread.

Couldn't agree more. Rained cats and dogs on my wedding day over 22 years ago. Best day of my life. Wouldn't trade my married life for anything.

#3597 1 year ago

Quick FYI for all that have paid up on a game already (I guess that is just LEs)...sales taxes are starting to be collected, previously it was the responsibility the buyer (whatever); if the merchant does collect sales tax make sure the rate is correct!! I saved ~$200 because the tax rate was incorrect, a simple email was all it took. It should be the tax rate at the location of delivery (or use I suppose). Double check!

#3598 1 year ago

Do you have to sign up for Stern Insider to be notified the moment SLEs are able to be bought?

#3599 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Still married at the end of the day, so no bad luck.

#3600 1 year ago

In 2023, Steve Ritchie comes out with a 61st anniversary edition of Bond by JJP using the design he started at Stern. Get ready for it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
$ 55.00
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
11,100 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 385.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 151.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club/page/72?hl=flipper_mcgavin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.