B0646D82-852B-4304-A4CD-23B4A22BDDCF (resized).jpeg
D42D0E5A-DC87-4B80-9D62-E59D378CACBA (resized).jpeg
FB2C5C38-17F0-45D4-BCED-57EF94539DCE (resized).jpeg
E873B6CA-F0F2-4C5E-8589-E5B0B96E2CAF (resized).jpeg
ABFA1B74-F8DD-4DAE-B74F-110B222F23D0 (resized).jpeg
A8461CA8-3529-4922-9A2F-EEB6517CA7A5 (resized).jpeg
20221216_225500 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 151.
#3501 1 year ago
Quoted from proco:

Trending up this week: prices!
[quoted image]

the only inflation numbers that matter here

#3502 1 year ago
Quoted from Gameroom-Goodies:

LOL, well why did you buy it then?
serious question

The time for those questions passed a few hours ago

#3503 1 year ago

I am all sold out of my LE allotment, Thank you to our customers that got in and were able to secure a spot with us.
We sold quite a few to first time buyers which was our goal with the first come first serve model.
We greatly appreciate all of your business
Edit - looking at the orders - our LE allotment was gone in about 4 minutes, that beat our RUSH sellout by 3 minutes!

So what you are saying is those of us saying no mas to these prices and hikes missed out? If it turns out to be an average game, those wanting an LE will likely be able to pick one up around the same price (or less) 6-12 months from now.

I'm not an LE guy myself but those that missed on this one may look back and be glad.

#3504 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

How do they put that big side armor on a LE and NOT custom cut it?
Feature left out for the SLE?

So, they can sell the custom cut stuff afterward

#3505 1 year ago

'Dr. No' for the win!

I can't believe there's going to be a Dr. No pinball machine. One of the best Bond movies with the best Bond. I have this in my basement:

IMG_20220922_142312855_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20220922_142312855_HDR (resized).jpg

#3506 1 year ago

I grew up watching Connery 007 on VHS (parents were huge fans). I love Gomez. I'm not a tournament player I just want fun games for my family. This looks to hit everything we love about pinball. Even my mom is excited to play this so I'm keeping my LE spot. Thunderball is my favorite 007 and I LOVE the art on the LE. The whole underwater fight theme looks beautiful, I know it's not for everyone but I love it. Super excited about this game.

Of course I completely understand people being disgusted by the price. I expected $12k-$12.5k so I was already prepared to spend too much. But next time I probably won't be prepared to drop this much. Premium makes more sense, even the pro is solid. For this one I'm going all out, but going forward new titles will need to be amazing to find 1000 LE buyers at these prices (or I'm totally wrong and they'll sell out no matter what).

#3507 1 year ago

Well now with the Fed raising interest rates, it's going to cost me $17K by the time I pay this Bond Premium pin off... instead of $15,800 on my credit card. That's the last straw, I'm out!!

Kidding, of course. Buying pinball has become somewhat crazy for us on "modest" incomes (relative here, I can't compete with those with $200K pinball collections). I'm already taking a kick in the nuts at the grocery store and gas station. Not looking for sympathy. This is a pure "spend my spare money on it" kind of hobby... and it's harder and harder to come up with the new pricing because my wages are staying the same and not matching the increases everywhere else. Part of the luster of pinball/arcades was that it was somewhat affordable. Now it's an expensive luxury like a rolex lol. To me, that is.

#3508 1 year ago

I got one LE from my normal dealer. Guess I put myself on a list with another a year ago and they emailed me. Passed on a second. Someone will be happy with my spot. I called one flipper I know and he has many of them coming in to move. IDK if these will make a flipper profit. I could have had two Godzilla Le's back then which sucks at today's prices.

#3509 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

I grew up watching Connery 007 on VHS (parents were huge fans). I love Gomez. I'm not a tournament player I just want fun games for my family. This looks to hit everything we love about pinball. Even my mom is excited to play this so I'm keeping my LE spot. Thunderball is my favorite 007 and I LOVE the art on the LE. The whole underwater fight theme looks beautiful, I know it's not for everyone but I love it. Super excited about this game.

You are exactly the type of collector that should have the LE. Congrats on your spot! In a few years you’ll forget about the price.

#3510 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

For this one I'm going all out, but going forward new titles will need to be amazing to find 1000 LE buyers at these prices (or I'm totally wrong and they'll sell out no matter what).

So this one will sell out, but the next one won't?

There's always 1,000 "dream theme" guys, doesn't really matter the game. It just might not be you next time.

#3511 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

So what you are saying is those of us saying no mas to these prices and hikes missed out? If it turns out to be an average game, those wanting an LE will likely be able to pick one up around the same price (or less) 6-12 months from now.
I'm not an LE guy myself but those that missed on this one may look back and be glad.

It will be interesting to see, I don’t think there are many if any examples of LEs that lost money after a few years. I’ve had to pay market price on my previous LEs and I’m glad to finally be paying MSRP The license is popular and the design looks good so far, but at this price or above for future pins the license/gameplay/code will all have a high bar

#3512 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There's always 1,000 "dream theme" guys, doesn't really matter the game. It just might not be you next time.

You're not wrong.

This is the first dream theme to have come up in awhile for me.

#3513 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

You're not wrong.

It's not exactly a "dream theme" for me but it's pretty cool. Like all the other middle-aged dudes around here I was steeped in this stuff as a kid, and still make sure to watch the current disappointing offerings.

Looking forward to picking up a "show discount" pro in a year.

#3514 1 year ago

One thing curious about.. when James Bond from the jetpack drops the ball onto the target around 30 secs into the Pre/LE video on the website, it appears to trigger a ball that's locked behind the tank for a 2 ball multi-ball. What do you think?

balllock. (resized).JPGballlock. (resized).JPG

#3515 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

It will be interesting to see, I don’t think there are many if any examples of LEs that lost money after a few years. I’ve had to pay market price on my previous LEs and I’m glad to finally be paying MSRP The license is popular and the design looks good so far, but at this price or above for future pins the license/gameplay/code will all have a high bar

I'm actually disappointed with what I've seen do far... and I'm a big fan of the Bond franchise (Connery isn't my generation's Bond, though).

The jet pack toy/gimmick looks cheesy IMO. Some don't agree but that is how I see it. Time will tell if it is a great game or not... and one that will hold its value reasonably well on the secondary market.

#3516 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

You are exactly the type of collector that should have the LE. Congrats on your spot! In a few years you’ll forget about the price.

Hey thank you!

#3517 1 year ago
DC0F0CFD-5D64-4F3B-8742-03EF44E12964 (resized).jpegDC0F0CFD-5D64-4F3B-8742-03EF44E12964 (resized).jpeg
#3518 1 year ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

One thing curious about.. when James Bond from the jetpack drops the ball onto the target around 30 secs into the Pre/LE video on the website, it appears to trigger a ball that's locked behind the tank for a 2 ball multi-ball. What do you think?
[quoted image]

Agree. And I assume that you have earn the jetpack from the left drop area. So my question is, if you haven't earned the jet pack the ball can swing through that top right area correct to keep speed and quick play up correct?

#3519 1 year ago

Game looks perfect! Tons of coils, it's the right theme (not James Pond) and forget about an easy fan layout. Now if everyone can please list your last year models of Stern pins for a great deal in the market place, it'd be greatly appreciated.

#3520 1 year ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

[quoted image]

Nope, a ball is shot though the center shot at the same time, which you see after the hit. You can still see the gate swinging.

#3521 1 year ago

According to the rules card:
Shoot left orbit to start JETPACK features. I assume you have to spell S-P-E-C-T-R-E to lock the ball in the jet pack and it will swing over to drop on the tank target

Quoted from Jcantelli:

Agree. And I assume that you have earn the jetpack from the left drop area. So my question is, if you haven't earned the jet pack the ball can swing through that top right area correct to keep speed and quick play up correct?

#3522 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We'll see won't we. If anything could be considered a mass appeal pinball dream theme it would be Toy Story. But clearly JJP found the ceiling on features vs price. If that playfield was more like 007 (meaning packed full of theme appropriate shots/toys/gadgets/etc) I think they would have sold out too. But it's not and we all know what happened.

#3523 1 year ago

Pinball financing will become more common in the future.

#3524 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

You're not wrong.

Same here. I roll my eyes every time I hear it’s my dream theme, grail, LE for me sight unseen.

Yet here I am and now I get it. Sometimes even when it’s irrational there are things you just have to have no matter what.

#3525 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Shoot left orbit to start JETPACK features. I assume you have to spell S-P-E-C-T-R-E to lock the ball in the jet pack and it will swing over to drop on the tank target

It says on the back spelling spectre boosts jackpot on the rocket MB.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/JamesBond-LE-Details-Strobe-07-4gasdf-scaled.jpg

#3526 1 year ago
Quoted from NEW-B:

Pinball financing will become more common in the future.

"No payments, no interest for 1 year!"

ACK!

#3527 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Same 1 second sell out. Why even make them available direct? Tease...

Yeah, should be a lottery. IC members that want one sign up and are told on launch day if their number is pulled. Much more fair way to do it given the level of interest in the LEs.

#3528 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

ACK!

With Sterns back log you would still have it paid for before you get your game

#3529 1 year ago
Quoted from proco:

Nope, a ball is shot though the center shot at the same time, which you see after the hit. You can still see the gate swinging.

Ok, in the podcast just before 10 min George explains it. He says Bond with the ball in the jetpack, at a certain time is parked right over the tank, they feed you another ball and then it's like a hurry up, if you make the shot? It triggers a 2-ball multiball which can augment to 3. Pretty cool. He said Mike and Lonnie came up with it and at times you'll even be able to even control flying Bond around on your own in the jetpack.

#3530 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Just for humor. Which one is worse?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Golden dick beard is a classic and gets my vote... For whatever we are voting for.

#3531 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

So we assumed when you only have a few letters the ball has clearance to the rail and down to the flipper yeah?

I need a game play video. Premium v Pro is tough right now.

#3532 1 year ago

For those that like to dissect the rules:

BIRD ONE MULTIBALL: Shoot drop targets to light lock. Lock 3 balls to start BIRD ONE MULTIBALL.
JETPACK: Shoot left orbit to start JETPACK features.
VILLAIN MODES: Shoot right ramp to start VILLAIN MODES.
HENCHMEN MODES: Shoot side ramp to start HENCHMEN MODES.
Q BRANCH: Complete pops, spinner, orbits, GOLDFINGER target/DB5, Bird One and Jetpack to light
Q BRANCH Gadget Modes at the DB5.
BOND WOMEN: Complete pops, spinner, orbits, GOLDFINGER target/DB5, Bird One and Jetpack to
light this feature on the side loop. Shoot side loop when flashing for +1X award for each character.
007 SCORING: Press action button when lit to start timed PLAYFIELD MULTIPLIER. Each lit character
adds 1X. Light all for 7X.
SPECTRE: Complete S-P-E-C-T-R-E targets to light SPECTRE WEAPONS and build BIRD ONE JACKPOTS.
HER MAJESTYS SECRET SERVICE: Complete all of Bonds assignments to start HER MAJESTYS
SECRET SERVICE

#3533 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, should be a lottery. IC members that want one sign up and are told on launch day if their number is pulled. Much more fair way to do it given the level of interest in the LEs.

Or they should just give more allocation to legitimate deals like ZMeny Flip N Out pinball and the other good ones and not piss people off by selling out before their counter reaches 0.

#3534 1 year ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

Ok, in the podcast just before 10 min George explains it. He says Bond with the ball in the jetpack, at a certain time is parked right over the tank, they feed you another ball and then it's like a hurry up, if you make the shot? It triggers a 2-ball multiball which can augment to 3. Pretty cool. He said Mike and Lonnie came up with it and at times you'll even be able to even control flying Bond around on your own in the jetpack.

Oh, no. Hopefully Lonnie isn't the lead on this. Guaranteed just "good enough" software when his name's on it. Really disappointed it isn't Tanio. If Lonnie's the lead, no wonder they kept it on the down low.

#3535 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Well, sure, you missed out. But I can't think of any stern game in recent history to lose value on an LE. Look at stranger things, which was widely considered by most of Pinside to be a "horrible" "terrible" game, where are they now?
Even the Munsters sells higher than Bond LE msrp, so the logic is a little flawed. but you're entitled to your opinion.

At the end of the day, we don't know what Sterns costs to operate are, one thing is for sure, costs to build product is astronomical right now, Employees aren't cheap, and freight is at an all time high, so I don't fault Stern. They are a business and have to do what they have to do to make money. I do think we have reached the ceiling on NIB cornerstone games, though. My opinion

#3536 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

ACK!

Rebates will become more common in the future.

#3537 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Or they should just give more allocation to legitimate deals like ZMeny Flip N Out pinball and the other good ones and not piss people off by selling out before their counter reaches 0.

But then you don't have the marketing story that "the game sold out in a minute"...
.. you don't have the option to market the buying opportunity for your Insider Program...
.. you don't have a URL/page to include in all your launch campaign to point to that when people open they see 'sold out' and feed the FOMO

People with their panties in a bunch over the direct sales allotment need to chill the F out. It's a token effort done primarily for marketing reasons - it's not changing the way 99% of people buy their games. Just get over it and focus on finding a distributor you can work with.

#3538 1 year ago
Quoted from koji:

I think you have your demographics mixed up. Genx are the ones spending money now for toys.

Lol, yeah I think so too. I guess boomer is code for old but I’m in my mid-fifties and fall in that first decade of gen x. The music, movies, etc. stern is licensing seem to target my age group really well (old enough to remember the old stuff, young enough to still follow the newer stuff, and settled enough to afford some expensive toys)

#3539 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Oh, no. Hopefully Lonnie isn't the lead on this. Guaranteed just "good enough" software when his name's on it.

Haha. Yeah. This feature seems neat though.. they said there's a bunch of lighting effects in the area too if you accomplish it. I was worried it was lame with just the ball dropping on the target and that's it, but it seems to be well thought out. Looking forward to the gameplay video.

#3540 1 year ago

What podcast has Gomez interview

#3541 1 year ago

The Insider Connected podcast..

Quoted from iceman44:

What podcast has Gomez interview

https://insider.sternpinball.com/exclusives/318

#3542 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

How do they put that big side armor on a LE and NOT custom cut it?
Feature left out for the SLE?

i think the stern LE's should always get the armor they sell as an upgrade on the site. stern would just have to powerdercoat it to match the other parts. everytime i see the JP and GZ add on side rails, i want them for my LE's.... GRRRRRRR....

#3543 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Rebates will become more common in the future.

Slowing economy, higher interest rates, building pinball inventories >> could happen.

Economy is still pretty strong. Time will tell. I still see friends snapping up machines at big $.

#3544 1 year ago

The irony about the "insider" LE games that were snapped up this morning in less than one minute (I missed out) is that Stern is charging state sales tax ($1,000 for some) but if you ordered from an out of state dealer they would not charge that. So you end up paying MORE to get it direct from Stern (than if you can get MSRP from a dealer).

#3545 1 year ago

Well, sure, you missed out. But I can't think of any stern game in recent history to lose value on an LE. Look at stranger things, which was widely considered by most of Pinside to be a "horrible" "terrible" game, where are they now?
Even the Munsters sells higher than Bond LE msrp, so the logic is a little flawed. but you're entitled to your opinion.
At the end of the day, we don't know what Sterns costs to operate are, one thing is for sure, costs to build product is astronomical right now, Employees aren't cheap, and freight is at an all time high, so I don't fault Stern. They are a business and have to do what they have to do to make money. I do think we have reached the ceiling on NIB cornerstone games, though. My opinion

I get it, you're a distributor and have to take the company line.

I'm not sure Stern's costs have increased that much since the not so distant $1k price increases. Wages may be up a bit since then but parts costs if anything have come down or are in the process of doing so. If their costs are up slightly since the last increase, they would be smart to absorb a bit of that and go with a much smaller increase as we head towards an inevitable recession. My prediction is a much different market 6-12 months from now.

People are being squeezed for basic necessities and neverending 5-10% increases in high end toys are going to catch up to Stern just like they have JJP.

Good times don't last forever and inflated LE and overall pinball prices are a relatively new phenomenon. The market on a lot of stuff right now is skewed and inflated including used cars and real estate. This won't last forever.

I see a rebate system coming for NIB pinball machines in the not too distant future. If not, I predict a lot of unhappy and angry distributors. Time will tell

#3546 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

The irony about the "insider" LE games that were snapped up this morning in less than one minute (I missed out) is that Stern is charging state sales tax ($1,000 for some) but if you ordered from an out of state dealer they would not charge that.

That's not actually ironic, but it is noted.

#3547 1 year ago

Love that he said he shit canned Steve’s design in the podcast.

- it wasn’t a crass comment like I’m making it sound

#3548 1 year ago

do we know who the coder is on this title?

#3549 1 year ago
Quoted from mcuzz:

do we know who the coder is on this title?

Early reports say Lonnie but not sure that's confirmed

#3550 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's not actually ironic, but it is noted.

It is ironic because it's the opposite of what you'd expect. You can actually get the game cheaper from an out of state dealer than direct from Stern (assuming you can get it for MSRP). And people (including me) paid $40/year for this benefit of a small chance of buying direct from Stern!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Other
PinShades

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 385.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shaker Heights, OH
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 23.95
Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bloomington, MN
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 259.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 71 of 151.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.