B0646D82-852B-4304-A4CD-23B4A22BDDCF (resized).jpeg
D42D0E5A-DC87-4B80-9D62-E59D378CACBA (resized).jpeg
FB2C5C38-17F0-45D4-BCED-57EF94539DCE (resized).jpeg
E873B6CA-F0F2-4C5E-8589-E5B0B96E2CAF (resized).jpeg
ABFA1B74-F8DD-4DAE-B74F-110B222F23D0 (resized).jpeg
A8461CA8-3529-4922-9A2F-EEB6517CA7A5 (resized).jpeg
20221216_225500 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 151.
#2351 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Are you kidding?

I’ve put in about 70 entires in the tournament.

I’m playing pinball !!

I stand by what I said! haha

#2352 1 year ago
Quoted from dogwith1eye:

We’re heading back to Game of Thrones days and the pinheads are lapping it up like Pavlov’s dog.

This is very different than the Game of Thrones photo collage. If someone had these gorgeous iconic Bond posters framed on their wall, that would be cool. Having them all over an actual Bond pinball machine? Multiples of cool.

#2353 1 year ago
Quoted from dogwith1eye:

Hard to look at these and think anything other than a Led Zeppelinesque disrespect for the pinball community. Give our artists the freedom to create something new and fantastic.
These pins look like garbage people need to have the self respect to let the guilty offenders know. We’re heading back to Game of Thrones days and the pinheads are lapping it up like Pavlov’s dog.
Disgusting and disgraceful how Stern is treating our most talented pinball artists. Give me Jeremy and Dirty Donny over this corporate trash all day long.

deal-with-it-exercise.gifdeal-with-it-exercise.gif
#2354 1 year ago

Layout looks super cool. Shots look interesting and excited to see how this shoots. Art is a huge let down for me. Im mid 40ies and this is before my time. I do understand you older fellas should be going nuts over this. Could of done better on that car, sheesh.

#2355 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

This is very different than the Game of Thrones photo collage. If someone had these gorgeous iconic Bond posters framed on their wall, that would be cool. Having them all over an actual Bond pinball machine? Multiples of cool.

That’s me. I’ve already got 9 original bond posters in my game room as well as a goldeneye pin with a goldeneye framed poster.

My prefence would be for the LE thunderball. The thunderball posters are legit. A decent thunderball poster is north of 20k. My original Roger Moore posters are around 2-3k. I’d love a LE bond pin that has the thunderball poster on it that I can’t afford.

Alas I’ve only heard the LE’s are full and don’t have the stomach for the flippers.

#2356 1 year ago

The whole point of this pin is to cut the “artist” out of this pin. Removing the artist is what Stern as a corporation would love. The designer, the coder, and the “theme” is what’s important.

C’mon people, we’re better than this! This sux! Cutting out the artist really f**kin sux and we should hate it as a community. I’m minus 12 right now and people are piling on but we really do deserve better. Sorry to think that!

#2357 1 year ago
Quoted from dogwith1eye:

The whole point of this pin is to cut the “artist” out of this pin. Removing the artist is what Stern as a corporation would love. The designer, the coder, and the “theme” is what’s important.
C’mon people, we’re better than this! This sux! Cutting out the artist really f**kin sux and we should hate it as a community. I’m minus 12 right now and people are piling on but we really do deserve better. Sorry to think that!

So that’s what this is? Stern has gone out of their way to feature their artists like Zombie Yeti but now they want to get rid of them? Even though there are people all over the place who post strong feelings about the artist and might be swayed in their decision to purchase based on an artist they like?

So in order to save whatever fairly small amount they pay the artist they instead want to eliminate a possible selling point and way to separate from their competition? Can’t agree with that because it makes no sense.

#2358 1 year ago
Quoted from dogwith1eye:

It's not necessarily the sentiment, it's the hyperbole.

#2359 1 year ago

Who is the “artist” behind this pin? Stand up slim shady coz u on deck!

#2360 1 year ago
Quoted from dogwith1eye:

Who is the “artist” behind this pin? Stand up slim shady coz u on deck!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitchell_Hooks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_McGinnis

#2361 1 year ago

You know what they say about assholes……everyone has an opinion.

#2362 1 year ago

Money in the pocket. Pay for the licenses, pay for the history, cheap as chips. Why pay for pinball art when we we have movie art from 1924 or whatever.

Again, why respect our artists when the corporations don’t?

#2363 1 year ago

If you ain’t shocked by this art then you ain’t alive.

#2364 1 year ago

If that’s true, it’s complete bullshit. Anything for a buck these days I guess. I’m gonna puke now.

#2365 1 year ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

If that’s true, it’s complete bullshit. Anything for a buck these days I guess. I’m gonna puke now.

You all maybe don’t get it ? The only way they got this license was using the bond
posters. It’s pretty clear. And why reinvent the wheel? These posters are amazing.

#2366 1 year ago

Folks seem to think Stern has WAY more pull on asset usage, than they do. In no world, would Stern WILLINGLY pass on using one of their artists on a theme like this.

#2367 1 year ago
Quoted from Tmuster:

That’s me. I’ve already got 9 original bond posters in my game room as well as a goldeneye pin with a goldeneye framed poster.
My prefence would be for the LE thunderball. The thunderball posters are legit. A decent thunderball poster is north of 20k. My original Roger Moore posters are around 2-3k. I’d love a LE bond pin that has the thunderball poster on it that I can’t afford.
Alas I’ve only heard the LE’s are full and don’t have the stomach for the flippers.

I've got quite a few too. Love the poster art.....Oldest I have is a nice HS of From Russia With Love.

Dr. No - Goldfinger had the best art. Thuderball started getting goofy, and YOLT is horrible. Diamonds One Sheet is iconic. The Moores are mostly pretty good all throughout the run - except FYEO which is the best of the bunch.

#2368 1 year ago
Quoted from Tmuster:

You all maybe don’t get it ? The only way they got this license was using the bond
posters. It’s pretty clear. And why reinvent the wheel? These posters are amazing.

If that's the case, I'll take the poster art all day over nothing. The game looks amazing!!

Plus we are way overdue for a new Bond game.

#2369 1 year ago
Quoted from dogwith1eye:

Dude, address your complaint to Barbara Broccoli and/ the Connery estate.

Getting rights to dead people’s images is hard and sometimes impossible. I’d bet almost all of those actors are dead and people would bitch up a storm if they had generic artwork for them (a la BTTF).

#2370 1 year ago
Quoted from Tmuster:

That’s fine with me. Folks just made it seem like stern is slowly erasing they’re artists…

#2371 1 year ago

As pretty as some recent playfields are, I think sometimes the information regarding game status indicated by inserts has suffered some (art has higher priority than inserts). This playfield seems to reverse this trend a bit - the inserts are very visible and the art accentuates these inserts - I really like this - is for me a definite plus point.

#2372 1 year ago
Quoted from Methos:

I've got quite a few too. Love the poster art.....Oldest I have is a nice HS of From Russia With Love.
Dr. No - Goldfinger had the best art. Thuderball started getting goofy, and YOLT is horrible. Diamonds One Sheet is iconic. The Moores are mostly pretty good all throughout the run - except FYEO which is the best of the bunch.

I’ve got them all. Although only 9 or so originals. I love them. So cheesy but iconic. One of my favs is the living daylights - last artist rendered one. Everything after that is pretty average.

#2373 1 year ago
Quoted from Tmuster:

I’ve got them all. Although only 9 or so originals. I love them. So cheesy but iconic. One of my favs is the living daylights - last artist rendered one. Everything after that is pretty average.

I didn't know that was the last artist drawn one. While I love the older Connery ones, the Moore posters with all the action in the peripherals are the best and most borrowed from other movies. Live and Let Die/Man with the Golden Gun/Moonraker are the big three.

For Your Eyes Only is interesting. Not only is the movie more realistic in nature, so is the poster. Very simple.

#2374 1 year ago
Quoted from goldfinger007:

The picture is Charles Gray's Blofeld from Diamonds Are Forever, but it appears to be labeled as "Mr. Henderson" (or maybe "aka Mr. Henderson"?), which was the completely unrelated character played by Gray in You Only Live Twice. If that is what it says, it's a hilarious easter egg to keep from just saying Blofeld twice.
[quoted image]

I was trying to figure what the text said but now that you mentioned "aka Mr. Henderson" I think that fits the blurry text.

Having Blofeld twice might have looked weird. I guess the could have had Blofeld 65 and Blofeld 71.

#2375 1 year ago

The game looks excellent. I bet Stern was asked to use the existing art, which may have allowed for more money to go into the mechs.

#2376 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Gomez was already a legend, but this design, damn....the world of classic Bond under glass. Not just as a theme overlay, but like it's a movie set.

100% agreed. This looks like it will be a jewel in his crown.

#2377 1 year ago

Switching lanes from art to code ,I’ll just say that whomever is left with this task seems to have they’re hands full .It seems all the inserts are in order of movies I believe .Collect all (with hitting those shots alone ?)then do something to start that movie mode ? With all those inserts it seems to me the “in between “ is going to be the hardest part of coding this .What do you think ?

#2378 1 year ago

I AM STOKED FOR THIS GAME

#2379 1 year ago

The art looks great. It's a nice change up from all the multi-character color explosion translites of other games. Non-cartoonish. It's what I also like about the LZ artwork.

They achived a vintage look with the classic movie poster images. Even the playfield art has a vintage look to it. I like what I see and can't wait to play it.

#2380 1 year ago
Quoted from Methos:

The Moores are mostly pretty good all throughout the run - except FYEO which is the best of the bunch.

I have a few of the Moore era posters, wish I could afford a Connery original. My favorite one I bought for only $20 about 40 years ago.

The art style of this poster is similar to the style of the playfield with the black background and simple block text.

The-Man-With-the-Golden-Gun-Vintage-Movie-Poster-Original-1-Sheet-27x41-1448_600x (resized).jpgThe-Man-With-the-Golden-Gun-Vintage-Movie-Poster-Original-1-Sheet-27x41-1448_600x (resized).jpg
#2381 1 year ago

I love the classic Bond posters and that may be the first time I've seen that version of TMWTGG.

#2382 1 year ago
Quoted from dogwith1eye:

Money in the pocket. Pay for the licenses, pay for the history, cheap as chips. Why pay for pinball art when we we have movie art from 1924 or whatever.
Again, why respect our artists when the corporations don’t?

Well you have one pin, an AS pro, so keep your powder dry until the mood strikes you.

The slot machines licensing, which carry 1000x more weight, have the same artwork.

Get it? Pretty simple. It’s James Bond. Not some artistic BS that isn’t relevant. It’s based on the Connery movies FFS

I will be getting an LE on theme alone. I love the retro!

#2383 1 year ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

That's more than a tad dramatic.
It probably came down to getting the bond license with their approved artist or not getting it at all. Sounds like they clearly made the right choice.
Of course I would prefer the artist you mentioned, but it looks like a fun and interesting layout with serviceable art.

Sometimes you dont want an artists interpretation. To me, this is the case here. The pin characters are the exact same as the movie characters and works perfectly, as they will be in the video clips. Its called integration.

#2384 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

I've been fooled before. If there is the trailer video or leaked gamplay footage please have a heart and post it. God save the queen and me from reading all these posts.

Nope.

No trailer. Also, you gotta read the posts, and god could not save the queen.

#2385 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Sometimes you dont want an artists interpretation. To me, this is the case here. The pin characters are the exact same as the movie characters and works perfectly, as they will be in the video clips. Its called integration.

I’m shocked. But what the Rooster said.

#2386 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

I was trying to figure what the text said but now that you mentioned "aka Mr. Henderson" I think that fits the blurry text.
Having Blofeld twice might have looked weird. I guess the could have had Blofeld 65 and Blofeld 71.

To me, its little details like this that show the designers/creators really care and know the depth of this license. Its a home run, short of some shitty rules or something, which seems unlikely.

#2387 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Switching lanes from art to code ,I’ll just say that whomever is left with this task seems to have they’re hands full .It seems all the inserts are in order of movies I believe .Collect all (with hitting those shots alone ?)then do something to start that movie mode ? With all those inserts it seems to me the “in between “ is going to be the hardest part of coding this .What do you think ?

I sent a pic of the instruction card to Chloe at CTU and told her to hit the enhance button to read the text.

Just kidding, I'm going cross-eyed trying to read the blurry text on the instruction card. Here's my best guess as to what is says. Please correct me if you read something differently.

BIRD ONE MULTIBALL. Shot drop targets to light lock. Load 3 balls to start BIRD ONE MULTIBALL.

JETPACK, Shoot left orbit to start JETPACK feature.

VILLIAN MODES, shoot right ramp to start VILLIAN MODES.

HENCHMEN MODES, Shoot side ramp to start HENCHMEN MODES.

Q BRANCH, Complete pops, spinner, orbits, GOLDFINGER Target, DB5, Bird One, and Jetpack to light Q BRANCH Gadget modes at the DB5.

BOND WOMEN, Complete pops, spinner, orbits, GOLDFINGER Target, DB5, Bird One, and Jetpack to light this feature on the side ramp. Shoot side ramp when flashing for ?? award for each character.

007 SCORING, Press action button when lit to start timed PLAYFIELD MULTIPLIER. Each lit character adds 1X. Light all for 7X.

SPECTRE, Complete S-P-E-C-T-R-E targets to light SPECTRE WEAPONS build Bird One JACKPOTS.

HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE, Complete all Bond assignments to start ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE.

#2388 1 year ago

Game is looking great, the layout is good and the pf seems a good fit.
No complaints here yet, just need to see who is coding it and hopefully it is another home run from Stern.
It is looking great!

#2389 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Game is looking great, the layout is good and the pf seems a good fit.
No complaints here yet, just need to see who is coding it and hopefully it is another home run from Stern.
It is looking great!

"Complete all Bond assignments to start ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE" sounds like they have the right idea.

#2390 1 year ago

Though just occurred...

Is Stern trying to get rid of artists ?

#2391 1 year ago

So when is the reveal? Was it just delayed for one week until next Tuesday?

#2392 1 year ago

Next Thursday... just to drive us batty.

#2393 1 year ago
Quoted from troon47:So when is the reveal? Was it just delayed for one week until next Tuesday?

How many reveals do you want? I think we’re on our third already. Maybe the 007th will be the “official” one.

#2394 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE, Complete all Bond assignments to start ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE.

Hidden Lazenby Bond confirmed?

I didn't realize until I read the wiki that 007 Magazine's reader poll put On Her Majesty's Secret Service at the top of the Bond pile:

1. On Her Majesty's Secret Service
2. Goldfinger
3. From Russia With Love

#2395 1 year ago

Regarding the ugly protruding arm of the Jet Pack, it seems to me that an under playfield motorized mech. might be a better looking fit. A protruding rod would work and would also allow the figurine to actually "lift off" and then move around the playfield through a slot.

Just a late Friday night thought.

#2396 1 year ago
Quoted from Tmuster:

I wish someone would reinvent the wheel with a non licensed theme. Something no one knows shit about, but blows everything out of the water.

#2397 1 year ago

I would really like to see the game play before I make a good call. I can say is that pro I don’t get why use yellow

#2398 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

007 Magazine's reader poll put On Her Majesty's Secret Service at the top of the Bond pile

WTF? My faith in the readers of 007 Magazine is shattered.

#2399 1 year ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

I wish someone would reinvent the wheel with a non licensed theme. Something no one knows shit about, but blows everything out of the water.

Here you go Legends of Valhalla

#2400 1 year ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

Something no one knows shit about, but blows everything out of the water.

We’ve been there and back.
FE7ED7B1-60CC-440F-A85E-9709B718A2B0 (resized).jpegFE7ED7B1-60CC-440F-A85E-9709B718A2B0 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 55.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 385.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Fargo, ND
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

7,450 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
8,199 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 151.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club/page/48?hl=troon47 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.