B0646D82-852B-4304-A4CD-23B4A22BDDCF (resized).jpeg
D42D0E5A-DC87-4B80-9D62-E59D378CACBA (resized).jpeg
FB2C5C38-17F0-45D4-BCED-57EF94539DCE (resized).jpeg
E873B6CA-F0F2-4C5E-8589-E5B0B96E2CAF (resized).jpeg
ABFA1B74-F8DD-4DAE-B74F-110B222F23D0 (resized).jpeg
A8461CA8-3529-4922-9A2F-EEB6517CA7A5 (resized).jpeg
20221216_225500 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 151.
#2151 1 year ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Some people have different reason why they would cover her up. No need to go into it really.

The fact of the matter is if Stern is turning out Elvira then a Bond theme not making sales due to "subject matter" is probably not an issue in their minds.

#2152 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

The fact of the matter is if Stern is turning out Elvira then a Bond theme not making sales due to "subject matter" is probably not an issue in their minds.

I agree….Definitely not an issue with sales.

#2153 1 year ago

Wow! I love this thread. All it needs to be truly epic is the LE to come out with a single slot coin door

#2154 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

It makes perfect sense if you look at Jurassic Park; Stern got 4 different pins out of the same IP purchase.
A street level game makes Stern more sales and a minimum a $1000 less than the pro.
Normies love Bond, instantly recognizable IP.

what exactly makes it $1,000 less than a pro? Street level doesn't automatically mean it's that much cheaper than if it had some ramps.

Quoted from KJL:

Wow! I love this thread. All it needs to be truly epic is the LE to come out with a single slot coin door

Isn't single slot coin doors the shipping default for exports?

#2155 1 year ago

I thought I heard coin door decal like 1up to keep costs down.

#2156 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

what exactly makes it $1,000 less than a pro? Street level doesn't automatically mean it's that much cheaper than if it had some ramps.

I dont know, you would have to ask Stern.

High end price for JP home is listed at $4300

https://cointaker.com/products/jurassic-park-pin

#2157 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I dont know, you would have to ask Stern.
High end price for JP home is listed at $4300
https://cointaker.com/products/jurassic-park-pin

Yeah because it's made of MDF and has a lot less mechanisms in it than a typical game (and cuts some corners like making slings fire together as one unit)

#2158 1 year ago

I would like to hear everyone’s thoughts regarding bringing back video modes so I created a new topic with a poll.

Feel free to check it out and leave a comment

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/video-mode-yes-or-no#post-7140816

#2159 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Yeah because it's made of MDF and has a lot less mechanisms in it than a typical game (and cuts some corners like making slings fire together as one unit)

And? People are buying them is all that counts to Stern.

#2160 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

And? People are buying them us all that counts to Stern.

You're the one who brought up the home game and arbitrarily said a street level should be a thousand less than a pro

For some reason people just assume single levels are cheaper. A game like The Beatles has more stuff in it than some contemporary premiums (4 flippers, 3 drop target banks, magnets, opto spinners, etc)

#2161 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

You're the one who brought up the home game and arbitrarily said a street level should be a thousand less than a pro
For some reason people just assume single levels are cheaper. A game like The Beatles has more stuff in it than some contemporary premiums (4 flippers, 3 drop target banks, magnets, opto spinners, etc)

Ah, to me "street level" and the home pin are one and the same to some degree, entry level pins. My mistake.

Beatles is in a price space by itself as I'm sure Stern had to spend some hefty coin for licensing and as a premium product for Beatles fans might have had some extra profit margin built in.

Stern could easily make a "Bond Home Pin" and extend out the line just like they did with Jurassic Park.

Though if it reuses the same layout as PCC and Primus it will be a resounding flop in my opinion. Would be interesting if they reused Seawitch layout again or reworked Quicksilver.

#2162 1 year ago

Just hope they've licensed some of the great theme songs...

#2163 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Just hope they've licensed some of the great theme songs...

Won’t be any music from outside of the Connery films, would make no sense.

#2164 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Won’t be any music from outside of the Connery films, would make no sense.

Obviously...theme songs from the movies included in the game.

#2165 1 year ago

Not sure of where this whole street level term came from? Street level is in no way the same as the home games in that they are on opposite ends of the price spectrum. There is definitely not going to be a home version at this point. What people are calling the street level version in reference to the Beatles really means a classic playfield refreshed with some new components like magnets, but still no ramps. This sort of Playfield can be designed by one of the regular designers in their spare time. Personally I love the classic playfield on the Beatles and if there was a similar Bond issue I might consider buying both versions. Probably not at the same time though

#2166 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Obviously...theme songs from the movies included in the game.

If the licensor was as difficult to work with as I’m hearing and wanted a good representation of 007 and allowed full use of all likeness on PF art they had to get the music. Just can’t see how they didn’t.

#2167 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Not sure of where this whole street level term came from? Street level is in no way the same as the home games in that they are on opposite ends of the price spectrum.

Street level games was a term Gottlieb used for a cheap line of games with as little mechs as possible.

The Stern Home Pins sold now would more or less be equal comparison to the Gottlieb street level games.

Both even used MDF.

#2168 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Not sure of where this whole street level term came from? Street level is in no way the same as the home games in that they are on opposite ends of the price spectrum.

Wait, so "street level" now means ultra-premium? According to this article Gottlieb's "street level" games weren't intended for home use but they were meant to be simpler and cheaper than a standard pinball machine, so at least somewhat analogous to what Stern's doing with the "home" versions of its pins.

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2017/11/16/the-history-of-street-level-pinballs/

EDIT: gdonovan beat me to it.

#2169 1 year ago

Pro and LE details, but nothing on the Stern website. How very odd indeed.

https://007store.com/en-de/pages/james-bond-x-stern-pinball

#2170 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

That's Pro and Premium.

#2171 1 year ago

It’s nice seeing professional photos with proper lighting.

#2172 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

That's Pro and Premium.

Says featuring iconic film footage and music…there you have it!

Premium translite looks good!

Come on stern release the info!

#2173 1 year ago

JamesBond-Pro-Cabinet-FFcopy_1200x (resized).pngJamesBond-Pro-Cabinet-FFcopy_1200x (resized).pngJamesBond-Pro-Cabinet-RFcopy_1200x (resized).pngJamesBond-Pro-Cabinet-RFcopy_1200x (resized).pngJamesBond-Premium-Cabinet-FFcopy_1_1200x (resized).pngJamesBond-Premium-Cabinet-FFcopy_1_1200x (resized).pngJamesBond-Premium-Cabinet-RFcopy_1200x (resized).pngJamesBond-Premium-Cabinet-RFcopy_1200x (resized).png

#2174 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

The pro is better than I was fearing. Main thing I don't dig is the Arnie last action sized head on the translite.

#2175 1 year ago

"Stern’s James Bond 007 pinball machine will highlight film footage and iconic music from the films that built the 007 legend"

Film footage, and music. Yea baby!

#2176 1 year ago

I don't dig how the art make it seem like it's just one movie and not all the Connery Bonds

#2177 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

It’s nice seeing professional photos with proper lighting.

Looks soooooo much better than those damn 90's clamphone pics. If Stern were to be pissed, it wasn't necessarily at the leak, it's that the people taking the sneak pics found one of their old phones in a drawer and decided to use that.

#2178 1 year ago

I know it was already brought up, but it's weird it doesn't say James Bond anywhere

#2179 1 year ago

edit disregard below. it's a helmet

Big fan of how he is holding a ball here.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG

Though not the same on both games

Capture2 (resized).PNGCapture2 (resized).PNG

#2180 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Looks soooooo much better than those damn 90's clamphone pics. If Stern were to be pissed, it wasn't necessarily at the leak, it's that the people taking the sneak pics found one of their old phones in a drawer and decided to use that.

Exactly!

#2181 1 year ago
Quoted from ectobar:

I know it was already brought up, but it's weird it doesn't say James Bond anywhere

That's why I think they must have an alternate translite ready to go. What operator is going to put a "Dr. No" game on location expecting it to be popular?

#2182 1 year ago
Quoted from ectobar:

God , I hope it's not the franchise making them ditch James Bond , so in the future it will be a female character .

#2183 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Pro doesn't look that bad actually - lots of ladies on the side

#2184 1 year ago

Cary Hardy called it, with Bond holding a pinball instead of helmet on the backbox side art.

#2185 1 year ago
JamesBond-Pro-Playfieldcopy_2000x.pngJamesBond-Pro-Playfieldcopy_2000x.png
#2186 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

God , I hope it's not the franchise making them ditch James Bond , so in the future it will be a female character .

Not going to happen. Barbara Broccoli already said so.

#2187 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I sure hope people really like yellow

#2188 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Street level games was a term Gottlieb used for a cheap line of games with as little mechs as possible.
The Stern Home Pins sold now would more or less be equal comparison to the Gottlieb street level games.
Both even used MDF.

Yes. So my point is that the game people are theorizing here is a classic Playfield refresh similar to Beatles and completely on a different level from the home games. Beatles was certainly not MDF and had extra mechanisms from the original game. Opposite end of the price spectrum from a home game...

#2189 1 year ago

Is this the first confirmation of the movies used in the game?

085FBF84-B93E-4FF5-A441-C1C4C188BE37 (resized).jpeg085FBF84-B93E-4FF5-A441-C1C4C188BE37 (resized).jpeg
#2190 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

[quoted image]

The Playfield looks great , looks like there's a lot of stuff to do .

#2191 1 year ago

is this some sort of diverter or a secret passage to a subway?

Screen Shot 2022-09-16 at 1.50.47 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-09-16 at 1.50.47 PM (resized).png
#2192 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Is this the first confirmation of the movies used in the game?
[quoted image]

No, they are on the playfield.

#2193 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

[quoted image]

Is there a photo of premium like this?

What is Stern waiting for? If the game wasn’t considered released after the photo leak it sure as hell is now. What a cluster f%#*!

#2194 1 year ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Only on the left side of the apron that I have seen.

#2195 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

No, they are on the playfield.

Ahh, great point.

#2196 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

is this some sort of diverter or a secret passage to a subway?[quoted image]

Definitely looks like a hinged ramp that lifts up.

#2197 1 year ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Only on the left side of the apron that I have seen.

Well, it does say B O N D over the inlanes/outlanes.

#2198 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

is this some sort of diverter or a secret passage to a subway?[quoted image]

Subway to the ejector seat? Car needs to get the ball somehow.

#2199 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Definitely looks like a hinged ramp that lifts up.

I think that is just where the side ramp connects to the main right ramp. Kinda like a habitrail fits into a section of a plastic ramp.

#2200 1 year ago

The premium translite is a fail. There is nothing to draw your attention and just blah. But that can be replaced.
How about Mr.Wynt and Mr.Kidd as henchman on the playfield! Oh yeah, I hope they have call outs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

8,500 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 425.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 151.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club/page/44?hl=fizz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.