B0646D82-852B-4304-A4CD-23B4A22BDDCF (resized).jpeg
D42D0E5A-DC87-4B80-9D62-E59D378CACBA (resized).jpeg
FB2C5C38-17F0-45D4-BCED-57EF94539DCE (resized).jpeg
E873B6CA-F0F2-4C5E-8589-E5B0B96E2CAF (resized).jpeg
ABFA1B74-F8DD-4DAE-B74F-110B222F23D0 (resized).jpeg
A8461CA8-3529-4922-9A2F-EEB6517CA7A5 (resized).jpeg
20221216_225500 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 151.
#1701 1 year ago
Quoted from Brk_oth:

Yes exactly! Terrible for locations and yet pro models should be aimed towards operators.

Only a pinball enthusiast would know that the Stern games with an LCD are the new games.
Most people don't notice the LCD, and anyone who does see it doesn't realise that means its new, given that LCDs have been a common sight in the world for 20 years.
"look at this Aerosmith pinball from the 70s"
"I used to play this Star Wars pinball when I was a kid"
Everyone is always shocked when I tell them games like Aerosmith, Rush, Iron Maiden, Star Wars are new games.

Lol how can someone not know that LCDs are new tech? Someone saying they played "this" SW in the 70s doesnt know left from right

#1702 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Cary's comments

Whats with the subliminal "Destination unknown" video that Cary has in the back ground? Great video if you haven't seen it! Hello YouTube!

#1703 1 year ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Stern delayed until Thursday now - keeps moving it seems.[quoted image]

I had to check if that would be the 60th anniversary of the first James Bond premiere, but (Dr.) no, that was 5 October 1962. This is pretty weird.

#1704 1 year ago
Quoted from RGR:

Lol how can someone not know that LCDs are new tech? Someone saying they played "this" SW in the 70s doesnt know left from right

As you know though, we do have some 'special' NFI types here in Australia, I've heard some classics over the years on a range of subjects mate

#1705 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:I had to check if that would be the 60th anniversary of the first James Bond premiere, but (Dr.) no, that was 5 October 1962. This is pretty weird.

There will be people swallowing their own tongues if Stern makes them wait until October.

#1706 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Whats with the subliminal "Destination unknown" video that Cary has in the back ground? Great video if you haven't seen it! Hello YouTube!

Missing Persons! Man I had the hots for the lead singer, back in the day. (As I bite my clenched hand like the character Lenny in the tv show Laverne & Shirley).

#1707 1 year ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Missing Persons! Man I had the hots for the lead singer, back in the day. (As I bite my clenched hand like the character Lenny in the tv show Laverne & Shirley).

Watched this video till

Here's the link ... don't wear it out

#1708 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Watched this video till

Different song, but this is a good video too LOL. I was in marching bands for 6 years and we never had any members who looked like that…I should’ve switched schools.

#1709 1 year ago

Is it really a surprise that some secret agent took unauthorized photos of the game and smuggled them to Pinside?

This game's theme is, after all, based upon the ultimate spy.

Whether it's Bond's gadget-guy, Q, or Stern's QR Code that's behind the caper, it's hard to deny the irony.

#1710 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I think the images of the premium look really interesting... this might be a killer title!

Yeah I think the Premium looks like an amazing game. I'm surprised people aren't going crazy or more crazy for this game. Layout looks different in a very good way. I want to play 007 for sure.

#1711 1 year ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Yeah I think the Premium looks like an amazing game. I'm surprised people aren't going crazy or more crazy for this game. Layout looks different in a very good way. I want to play 007 for sure.

Before folks started hating on the translite and then the shutdown, the layout and toys were getting a big thumbs up.

#1712 1 year ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

I'm surprised people aren't going crazy or more crazy for this game. Layout looks different in a very good way.

Oh the hype was in full swing until the leak.
Now we get to talk about translites and font for a few days.

#1713 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Now we get to talk about translites and font for a few days.

And the price between $9,250 and $15,000

#1714 1 year ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Is it really a surprise that some secret agent took unauthorized photos of the game and smuggled them to Pinside?
This game's theme is, after all, based upon the ultimate spy.
Whether it's Bond's gadget-guy, Q, or Stern's QR Code that's behind the caper, it's hard to deny the irony.

Good, that's exactly what Spectre wants you to think.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1715 1 year ago
SC44 (resized).pngSC44 (resized).png
#1716 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Before folks started hating on the translite and then the shutdown, the layout and toys were getting a big thumbs up.

They are right though. For locations that translight has to change or have a 2nd option. Gomez did good though.

#1717 1 year ago
Quoted from RGR:

Lol how can someone not know that LCDs are new tech?

It's a "screen" to a casual observer. The same kind of small screen they've seen in laptops and ATMs since the 20th century. Playstation graphics and 50-year-old movie clips don't look very "new tech" to them.

#1718 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

It's a "screen" to a casual observer. The same kind of small screen they've seen in laptops and ATMs since the 20th century. Playstation graphics and 50-year-old movie clips don't look very "new tech" to them.

Yep. People tend to toss out all logic and reason when passing judgment on coin-op games for some weird reason. I operate games for a living, and can't tell you how many times I've had a customer refer to pinball machines as old antiques, say they haven't seen them since they were a kid, and ask me if they still make new ones while standing directly in front of games with LCD screens and/or based on modern licenses like Game of Thrones and Walking Dead.

#1720 1 year ago
Quoted from bobbyconover:

People tend to toss out all logic and reason when passing judgment on coin-op games for some weird reason.

What I'm saying is they can use logic and still reasonably assume a Dr. No pinball machine is 20 years old at first glance. What part of it couldn't have existed circa 2000, to a layman?

#1721 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Watched this video till

She did a photo shoot for Hustler back in the day …. NSFW - showed all the goods.

#1722 1 year ago

There should be a mod notification for boomers getting horny on main.

#1723 1 year ago

Excellent - this is the only thing those on this thread concerned about the leak of pictures need to read.

As a former journalist and PR adviser, I think the leak will turn out pretty well for Stern, once everyone gets past the “who leaked what and when” stuff and the uninspiring Dr No translite. The playfield itself has got me absolutely hooked

The millions of words spent in the past 24 hours or so on this subject happily shows how interested people are in pinball again.

When I bowled up some grainy video I took of the brand new, never before seen Stern NBA machine in operation at a Sydney trade show in 2009, the response from Pinside was a massive yawn. At that stage I thought I might be the last person standing in pinball.

#1724 1 year ago

Just so I get this right, we are now saying that Stern moved the release date because of the leaks and then lied about it and said it was because of the Queen's death? Seems, kind of a low thing to do, if true . . .

#1725 1 year ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Just so I get this right, we are now saying that Stern moved the release date because of the leaks and then lied about it and said it was because of the Queen's death? Seems, kind of a low thing to do, if true . . .

No. Stern moved the release back as a show of respect for The Queen. The Queen was also a fan of James Bond.

#1726 1 year ago
Quoted from Chambo:

As a former journalist and PR adviser, I think the leak will turn out pretty well for Stern,

This.

#1727 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

No. Stern moved the release back as a show of respect for The Queen. The Queen was also a fan of James Bond.

Because showing a new pinball machine would be so disrespectful! This world has gone crazy.

#1728 1 year ago

As an Elwin fan I really hope this rumor of him doing an extra model isn't true. It'll mean the next unique Elwin game is probably a year away. I'm also not in on a model that cost the same as 3 pros. It's worrying if it's true and super popular, they may just think in the future to make all Elwin games super editions that are super expensive. Glad I have my 4 Elwin's but I wouldn't trade 3 of them for 1 new shiny one.

#1729 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

+1 - when I’m at any event where there is merchandise I always ask for permission to take photos / video. 9/10 they say ok and you have a chat with them and get some info. Sometimes - it’s hold off please - and that’s ok. it’s basic courtesy.

Such a shame can't be said when screen shotting a private message and sending it to the person being spoken about.

The hypocrisy is unbelievable

#1730 1 year ago

Three men can keep a secret if the other two are dead.

In trying to not think Ill of the person who took the pictures, who would not taken them? Not like the machine was covered with tarps and guarded with ninja assassins.

If the reveal was such a secret, perhaps Stern should have treated it as such. I'm indifferent either way, my plans have not changed a jot by seeing them a few days early.

Cool looking layout, will be interesting to see how well Stern utilizes sound assets with the title.

#1731 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

In the 90s I was not a player at all but even I knew the difference when DMDs came out.. Thats part of the reason why pinball in the 90s took off. People do take notice. The ones that dont are 60+ who might have played a couple of games, but the VAST majority who remembers pinball pre 1990s would know the difference.

#1732 1 year ago
Quoted from Budman:I’m curious how this Pro translight and the bright yellow cab got approved. What process does Stern have for final approval? Reminds me of how my 18 year old son and his friends decorated their college apartment. Stern could use someone with some “ better taste” and an eye for design and color combos to prevent the “ whoa! “ reaction from happening as often as it has over the last few years.

First off, you have to wait and see it in person before you pass judgement. Secondly, it got approved by the license holder. That's the ultimate gatekeeper.

#1733 1 year ago
Quoted from RGR:

In the 90s I was not a player at all but even I knew the difference when DMDs came out.. Thats part of the reason why pinball in the 90s took off. People do take notice. The ones that dont are 60+ who might have played a couple of games, but the VAST majority who remembers pinball pre 1990s would know the difference.

You give people now too much credit.

Most normies I talk to; all pinball is old pinball and the #1 question is "Do they still make pinball machines?"

Followed by sticker shock.

A pinball machine is a pinball machine to the general public, one with a screen surprises them not as everything has a screen in their lifetime.

#1734 1 year ago

Unless it’s some sort of special situation with labor over there…maybe Stern people weren’t allowed to do the setup, or didn’t even know when it would be set up? There are certain parts of this country where unions or state/local ordinances will not allow for you to move your own furniture and whatnot. Maybe they had no idea it was happening. The fellows setting up have no idea that it’s anything special, then a passer-by happens to look over and…. “Ummm…” click! click! click click click!

Correct, I have set up at trade shows like that
Except you are still allowed in the both to direct the setup

#1735 1 year ago

All of you guys who think Stern doesn't know exactly what they're doing here...

plan-planned.gifplan-planned.gif
#1736 1 year ago

I think that thread is kind of funny with the Brit’s literally blaming Kaneda as if he’s the problem.
The pics got on pinside the same moment someone sent them to him.
It’s literally his job to share leaked photos and rumors etc.

I’m not sure what’s worse. Thinking you can send photos around to you buddies and it’s not going to spread, or Stern setting up games in public assuming they’re not going to be photographed.

I think Stern is too smart for that and know pics would leak the day before launch with isn’t a bad thing.
Then I’m guess the license holder wanted to cancel the big reveal party over the Queen and Stern had an oh sh*t moment where they didn’t want a bunch more photo and video taken if it was going to be 9 more days until an official release.

#1737 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I think that thread is kind of funny with the Brit’s literally blaming Kaneda as if he’s the problem.
The pics got on pinside the same moment someone sent them to him.
It’s literally his job to share leaked photos and rumors etc.
I’m not sure what’s worse. Thinking you can send photos around to you buddies and it’s not going to spread, or Stern setting up games in public assuming they’re not going to be photographed.
I think Stern is too smart for that and know pics would leak the day before launch with isn’t a bad thing.
Then I’m guess the license holder wanted to cancel the big reveal party over the Queen and Stern had an oh sh*t moment where they didn’t want a bunch more photo and video taken if it was going to be 9 more days until an official release.

If I was Stern, I would set up a steady stream of false leaked info to Kaneda - that would be loads of fun

At the end of the day, Stern is selling crap loads of pins so leaks are really irrelevant with minimal impact on their business at this stage (though possibly ruffling the licensee holders feathers)

#1738 1 year ago

Stern has so many distributors now-every LE will sell out-sold through allocation

Seems like lots of 'limited' games have taken a considerable hit with depreciation recently. Halloween, Ultra, and Toy Story come to mind. Like $2000 hits-ouch.
Maybe Bond will be the beezneez and go up but my prediction is after the dust settles so will second hand pricing(just a guess-could be wrong).

#1739 1 year ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

There should be a mod notification for boomers getting horny on main.

You seem to be moderating it just fine. And I’m an ‘X-er’ technically.

#1740 1 year ago

Stern has pushed the release 2 more day guys... per Knapp Arcade

Thursday September 22nd at 10:00 AM Central time.

Annotation 2022-09-14 090029 (resized).jpgAnnotation 2022-09-14 090029 (resized).jpg

#1741 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Stern has so many distributors now-every LE will sell out-sold through allocation
Seems like lots of 'limited' games have taken a considerable hit with depreciation recently. Halloween, Ultra, and Toy Story come to mind. Like $2000 hits-ouch.
Maybe Bond will be the beezneez and go up but my prediction is after the dust settles so will second hand pricing(just a guess-could be wrong).

It depends, if it’s great it’ll keep its value, look at Godzilla, DP, Maiden all in the top10 currently.

CCr LE was way under the current price of JJP CE (almost $6k less than TS4 CE) so CCr LE holds its value and then some even though it’s got a high build number 1250.

I think Stern could get away with 1250 or maybe more if it’s a super title like Godzilla was.

Ultra and Halloween (look it’s Spooky, they are a boutique) lots of FOMO as if they were the next R&M but more units, more expensive and nowhere near the level of code polish of R&M yet. Maybe who knows but Spooky is hit or miss. I’ve bought 2 games from them TNA and R&M most would say those were the outliers as far as well liked. I’m not saying everyone loves those two but more do love than hate those two.

#1742 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

It depends, if it’s great it’ll keep its value

You are absolutely correct. A good game will carry itself. My concern is the theme and art package etc. Will it make a connection with everyone or only a certain niche. I just have a feeling if I wait it out on this one it may be worth it? I probably would go Pro and those are mainly for operators on first run-so I can wait and get to play it first-then make an educated decision. No more jumping in the pool blind(well unless it is BTTF)

#1743 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Stern has pushed the release 2 more day guys... per Knapp Arcade
Thursday September 22nd at 10:00 AM Central time.
[quoted image]

Yes - I called it last night

#1744 1 year ago
Quoted from RGR:

I literally see it constantly at my local pub. I explain to people that these are new games and their mind is blown. The LCD means nothing to them. The only game that sometimes people make a connection to being new is Mandalorian and even then they don't connect the fact that the other games have the same tech.

#1745 1 year ago

When Mando first pics got released-I ripped the LE up and down. I really do not care for mini novelty playfields-like AC/DC,etc. I love pass through uppers like Wh20 and Simpsons. Well after seeing the upper rotates and adds a whole other dimension to game play I was sold and now-I find it to be one of the most entertaining mini playfields. So I did eat some crow for sure. Now this one I feel is different because of the jetpack reminiscent of Rescue 911 helicopter( just another reused old mech?). I keep trying to picture in my head the action and how it may be enjoyable? I could be wrong and be eating some more crow(it is tasty) but kinda scratching my head still.

#1746 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Now this one I feel is different because of the jetpack reminiscent of Rescue 911 helicopter( just another reused old mech?). .

Yes. Stern is reusing 30 year old Gottlieb mechs even though they didn't design it, have never used it, and don't have the rights for it.

You've cracked the case again!

#1747 1 year ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

To be 100% clear (and apologies for any confusion) - No they did not lie - Stern 100% pulled it to show respect of the Queen and the British people - a tough decision but in my view the right decision.

#1748 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You've cracked the case again!

Oh Levi is at his antagonistic shenanigans again today!

I do feel sorry for the little bird that squawks all day couped up in his NYC bird cage.

#1749 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I literally see it constantly at my local pub. I explain to people that these are new games and their mind is blown. The LCD means nothing to them. The only game that sometimes people make a connection to being new is Mandalorian and even then they don't connect the fact that the other games have the same tech.

Non-pinball people have no clue. Younger people have often never seen a machine and older people think they are leftover games from the 80s and 90s.

One of my wife's friends was over and he thought my Rush pin must have been from the 80's. Blown away they still make pinball machines LOL.

#1750 1 year ago

Could the wizard mode be the Lazenby movie? Insert shares pretty much the same title and falls in between two Connery era movies that are in the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 59.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Print2pin

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 55.00
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

7,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indian Land, SC
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

11,100 (OBO)
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 151.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club/page/35?hl=crumbalimb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.