B0646D82-852B-4304-A4CD-23B4A22BDDCF (resized).jpeg
D42D0E5A-DC87-4B80-9D62-E59D378CACBA (resized).jpeg
FB2C5C38-17F0-45D4-BCED-57EF94539DCE (resized).jpeg
E873B6CA-F0F2-4C5E-8589-E5B0B96E2CAF (resized).jpeg
ABFA1B74-F8DD-4DAE-B74F-110B222F23D0 (resized).jpeg
A8461CA8-3529-4922-9A2F-EEB6517CA7A5 (resized).jpeg
20221216_225500 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 151.
#1501 1 year ago

I think SEGA Goldeneye by Paul Farris has nicer art
That’s a good looking 007 pin

#1502 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I just want to say I think it is a good thing that Stern delayed the release out of respect for the Queen-Kudos Stern

Huh? Stern is an American company with a predominantly America market. Not sure what withholding a product from the US marketplace has anything to do with a symbolic leader's passing from a county we succeeded from 250 years ago just because the theme is based on a fictional British character.

I seriously doubt the two events are related, but if they are it seems ridiculous to me. Are all Jaguar dealerships closed in the US during the mourning period (dang, I just related pinball to cars unintendedly to make a point)?

#1503 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Huh? Stern is an American company with a predominantly America market. Not sure what withholding a product from the US marketplace has anything to do with a symbolic leader's passing from a county we succeeded from 250 years ago just because the theme is based on a fictional British character.

Stern is at London IAAPA right now in the middle of the celebration of the Queen's life. Even if some of us either A) don't understand the Royal Family, B) think it's pointless, or C) just don't care, it doesn't discount the fact that millions of people do... especially right where they happen to be at a trade show right now. It's a sign of respect and class and all us Americans have to do is wait another 7 days for a toy that's already late.

#1504 1 year ago

This Elwin/Bond rumor makes no sense, why would Stern use their two top designers to make games based on the same theme and release them at the same time? The 60th anniversary super limited you can't afford this edition makes sense as they've done it before. The Elwin thing seems ridiculous.

I like Kaneda by the way, love his crazy enthusiasm about pinball. We'll all find out in a week, unless Stern delays it again in which case this thread will likely implode or collapse into a singularity.

#1505 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Not sure what withholding a product from the US marketplace has anything to do with a symbolic leader's passing from a county we succeeded from 250 years ago just because the theme is based on a fictional British character.

Rights holders might be British (I have no idea, don't care enough to check). If so, they might see it as disrespectful to announce a toy based on "her majesty's" legendary fictional agent during a period of national mourning.

#1506 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Stern is at London IAAPA right now in the middle of the celebration of the Queen's life. Even if some of us either A) don't understand the Royal Family, B) think it's pointless, or C) just don't care, it doesn't discount the fact that millions of people do... especially right where they happen to be at a trade show right now. It's a sign of respect and class and all us Americans have to do is wait another 7 days for a toy that's already late.

C) I'm an American and just don't care. The British Monarch has absolutely zero influence/impact on America in any way whatsoever. Millions may care, but billions don't.

#1507 1 year ago
Quoted from sawyerfamilyaz:

It means people still accept whatever they see blindly. Kaneda also said in February it was Jaws for sure. And in December said Venom was the next title after Rush. What he says has zero meaning unless it comes with pictures or evidence.

Venom was supposed to be next. Stern decided to stop new game production in order to get caught up with back orders.

#1508 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

C) I'm an American and just don't care. The British Monarch has absolutely zero influence/impact on America in any way whatsoever. Millions may care, but billions don't.

This is hardcore!

#1509 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

to do with a symbolic leader's passing

One of the most influential dominant figures passes away and a company out of respect postpones their release-this gets my respect.

Keep in mind the commonwealth is much larger than just British, etc. many countries have a direct connection

Again-kudos to Stern

#1510 1 year ago

I'm one of those who prefer the pro on BK SOR. The upper playfield feels like a needless addition.

Quoted from mbrave77:

with you there. I know some prefer pro on BK SOR but i like the premium/le. Only pro i ever bought was GoTG. I actually think its better without those arms heh

#1511 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

it’s just the classy thing to do. Show respect. Stern is being culturally sensitive & respectful of her legacy we can wait it out.

#1512 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Venom was supposed to be next. Stern decided to stop new game production in order to get caught up with back orders.

You’re just saying that based on unsubstantiated things from the internet. Which people then repeat as facts.

#1513 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

I want an odd job hat topper!

Topper has to be the full moving gun barrel plastic and rear projection blood drip

#1514 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Franchi has done some great Connery Bond art already.
He did this special mural for Kaminkow's garage. I think Joe has all the cars in that print in his garage: 66 Batmobile, Bullitt Mustang GT, Ford GT40, Aston Martin DB5, Delorean.
Maybe if there is a 60th SLE game through Kapow pinball, perhaps it could have Franchi art on it. [quoted image][quoted image]

I was excited about the possibility of Franchi doing the art, just look at it! But now, it looks a bit photoshopped, and I'm less interested. It looks like a really fun game, but why didn't they set aside differences and use the best artist for this? I hope there is another edition with his art, but it doesn't seem likely.

#1515 1 year ago

Maybe they took Iron Maiden and re-skinned it Bond 60th anniversary

#1516 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:C) I'm an American and just don't care. The British Monarch has absolutely zero influence/impact on America in any way whatsoever. Millions may care, but billions don't.

Well, tough titty, right? Your indifference isn't going to make the reveal happen this week so stop whining.

#1517 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well, tough titty, right? Your indifference isn't going to make the reveal happen this week so stop whining.

haha, got my new come back for week, going to steal this one for a while

#1518 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Seriously. Some people in this thread seem giddy with negativity. This is your reminder that this is a TOY FORUM. Imagine, a forum where people discussed leaked photos of the latest Walmart coin operated horses “Bah, this artwork on the saddle is awful! It doesn’t look like it’ll rock more than 45 degrees! This isn’t the shade horses teeth should be”

You clearly have never spent any time in the CoinOp horse forums.

I came to see the release, looks like it's delayed a week. Sucks for Stern, I always feel bad for any company that gets their announcement leaked with crummy photos and then has to sit there unable to respond. For a frankly ridiculous reason too, gotta be gnashing their teeth. In a week it will all be forgotten anyways, but still.

As for the nitpicking ... I've been known to pick a nit in my days. If you're paying as much money as they games command I think you're a fool if you're not picky personally. Some licenses come with more handcuffs than others. This one was clearly a padded handcuff deal, not so uncomfortable on the wrists, not a lot of freedom of movement. Can't say I love the throwback to the old Stern cut and paste look, but you know, I still love my Tron, and it's got basically the same art treatment. Gameplay always matters more.

Really to me it just reminds me how much I appreciate Stern's art improvements over the years. I was so happy to get my Metallica with actual hand drawn art. Now it's a regular occurrence. Can't all be that level of winner, but we're sure better off now than the past.

#1519 1 year ago

You’re just saying that based on unsubstantiated things from the internet. Which people then repeat as facts.

As opposed to what source of yours?

#1520 1 year ago

Stern is a guest in a country that is our closest ally. I have local friends that ask me to take my shoes off when I visit their home.

#1521 1 year ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

I'm one of those who prefer the pro on BK SOR. The upper playfield feels like a needless addition.

BK I see. Its a very different game Pro vs Premium. I have an LE and I can beat the game because of the safety of the upper playfield. GotG is also a perfect pro. Most others I feel like im missing something

#1522 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No whining was involved and I had already concluded that nothing positive was going to come from commenting any further on the topic.

BTW, I see you are trying to reinvent yourself with the new avatar (good luck with that). I'm going to miss the old football pic (at least that's what I thought it was, but sometimes hard to tell with such small images). What is the new one (looks sort of like Judas Priest)?

#1523 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Meh...

Unless you skip the show all together, it's stupid to be at a show whose sole purpose is sales and promotion.. and pretend not to sell or promote. They could do their launch at home/online and keep their show presence low-key vs hoopla in person.

#1524 1 year ago

Having spoken to Stern employees personally that were in UK on time this has zero to do with “game issues” as was hinted in a couple of these posts.

It is a class move and one of respect. Even from a practical standpoint even if they wanted to the release party could not happen in London right now.

The Queen was a person and of they choose to respect her passing this way we should choose to respect Stern. I am Irish by the way, if I can show respect to an English monarch’s passing so can anyone else.

It is just not that hard to act with class, especially for a toy.

#1525 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I seriously doubt the two events are related, but if they are it seems ridiculous to me. Are all Jaguar dealerships closed in the US during the mourning period (dang, I just related pinball to cars unintendedly to make a point)?

Mr. Tantrum indeed.

#1526 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You clearly have never spent any time in the CoinOp horse forums.
I came to see the release, looks like it's delayed a week. Sucks for Stern, I always feel bad for any company that gets their announcement leaked with crummy photos and then has to sit there unable to respond. For a frankly ridiculous reason too, gotta be gnashing their teeth. In a week it will all be forgotten anyways, but still.
As for the nitpicking ... I've been known to pick a nit in my days. If you're paying as much money as they games command I think you're a fool if you're not picky personally. Some licenses come with more handcuffs than others. This one was clearly a padded handcuff deal, not so uncomfortable on the wrists, not a lot of freedom of movement. Can't say I love the throwback to the old Stern cut and paste look, but you know, I still love my Tron, and it's got basically the same art treatment. Gameplay always matters more.
Really to me it just reminds me how much I appreciate Stern's art improvements over the years. I was so happy to get my Metallica with actual hand drawn art. Now it's a regular occurrence. Can't all be that level of winner, but we're sure better off now than the past.

yeah .... but how are the fonts?

#1527 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

haha, got my new come back for week, going to steal this one for a while

Tough titty, said the kitty, but the milk's still good.

#1528 1 year ago

Wait is this the bond thread or titty fetish thread? I’m staying either way

#1529 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

As opposed to what source of yours?

It seems like you don’t understand how reliable and proven information works. I don’t need a source. It’s a fact thar Kaneda said Venom was next after Rush. And it was a fact he said it was Jaws next. It’s also now a fact that neither Venom or Jaws is next after Rush. Unless you somehow dispute either of those I don’t need a source to prove it. Now you are saying that it was going to be Venom but Stern put Venom aside due to production. YOU have to have a reliable source to prove that. You are the one making a claim.

#1530 1 year ago

Plot Twist:
Keith also co - designed pro/prem/le

#1531 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Plot Twist:
Keith also co - designed pro/prem/le

Shhh
Do you want to wait a year for a 007 premium like you did with Godzilla?

#1532 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

it's a Bond thread baby!
858ddc456f70d6d265ad7b60f1a282c9 (resized).jpg858ddc456f70d6d265ad7b60f1a282c9 (resized).jpg

e2813df5f86c7b1ce6a1a44be68b0df6 (resized).jpge2813df5f86c7b1ce6a1a44be68b0df6 (resized).jpg

#1533 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Shhh
Do you want to wait a year for a 007 premium like you did with Godzilla?

Nah, deep down Pin_Fandango is a Thundercats guy!! He'll wait for that one

#1534 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Bond and titties like peas and carrots…

#1535 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Quoted from yancy:

Tough titty, said the kitty, but the milk's still good.

Bond and titties like peas and carrots…

Is this a HINT at the NEXT STERN pin to be Little Shop Of Horrors.... because I'm totally in!!! Sign me up!!!

8db0ca41-3afb-41a5-b4a9-3580126823f5_text.gif8db0ca41-3afb-41a5-b4a9-3580126823f5_text.gif

#1536 1 year ago

Now lets see that Premium translite..

yolt2 (resized).pngyolt2 (resized).png
#1537 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Nah, deep down Pin_Fandango is a Thundercats guy!! He'll wait for that one

Lol. After Venom. It’s coming!

#1538 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Maybe "Mr Tantrum" is tongue-in-cheek, and if so, then forgive the post,. Being in the majority doesn't necessitate disrespect of the minority. Respectable people show respect to others.

#1539 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

yeah .... but how are the fonts?

Not the best art package, but they fit the 60’s bond theme well enough.

If the art or font is a deal breaker on this one The good news is we live in a world with several other in production pinball machines to choose from.

#1540 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

No whining was involved and I had already concluded that nothing positive was going to come from commenting any further on the topic.
BTW, I see you are trying to reinvent yourself with the new avatar (good luck with that). I'm going to miss the old football pic (at least that's what I thought it was, but sometimes hard to tell with such small images). What is the new one (looks sort of like Judas Priest)?

“Reinvent” by changing avatars? Just like to change it up a couple times a year nothing new.

The new one is from the Scorps concert on Long Island last week.

Admit it that’s a fuckin hoot!!

1C8D38B2-C6C1-4320-A109-E3B9CBD68A5E (resized).jpeg1C8D38B2-C6C1-4320-A109-E3B9CBD68A5E (resized).jpeg
#1541 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Gomez is a company guy first and foremost and who's to say it will be better? I know half of Kanedas rumour is true.

He also pondered if you could get any richer!

#1542 1 year ago

If the Elwin version isn’t limited I don’t understand how dealers would be able to set price. That really only works if there is a supply constraint. A dealer could undercut everyone else and get all endless orders. It doesn’t make sense at all.

#1543 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

If the Elwin version isn’t limited I don’t understand how dealers would be able to set price. That really only works if there is a supply constraint. A dealer could undercut everyone else and get all endless orders. It doesn’t make sense at all.

How much of a premium do you have to pay to get a NIB Godzilla Premium today as opposed to one in an allotment TBD in early 2023?

#1544 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

How much of a premium do you have to pay to get a NIB Godzilla Premium today as opposed to one in an allotment TBD in early 2023?

But those aren’t being sold by dealers. I get your point, but I still don’t see how a priceless model works if everyone can eventually get one.

#1545 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

honestly .... what does make sense with pinball pricing these days

#1546 1 year ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Now lets see that Premium translite..
[quoted image]

Prediction:

yolt (resized).pngyolt (resized).png
#1547 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

“Reinvent” by changing avatars? Just like to change it up a couple times a year nothing new.
Admit it that’s a fuckin hoot!!
[quoted image]

Scorpions pinball! i'm in!

#1548 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

[quoted image]

You know you have a reputation around here, and I appreciate anyone who speaks their mind whether or not I agree with them (kind of a give and take with you as a whole - hah!) Changing avatars removes some of the preconceptions some may when reading your posts since they won't immediately identify you. Not saying good, bad, or even your intention, just threw me off a little.

#1549 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

You know you have a reputation around here, and I appreciate anyone who speaks their mind whether or not I agree with them (kind of a give and take with you as a whole - hah!) Changing avatars removes some of the preconceptions some may when reading your posts since they won't immediately identify you. Not saying good, bad, or even your intention, just threw me off a little.

Not any kind of a rebrand effort I just thought the Scorps pic was cool. My disembodied head ROCKED Long Island!!!

And that old high school football pic of me may have had people thinking I have hair!!!

#1550 1 year ago

The one thing I find more enjoyable on Pinside than receiving upvotes on my posts are downvotes. I guess it works out for both of us. You get to vent a little by clicking the downvote and I get to smile and feel good when I see it.

BTW, I must admit when I saw this video, it did give me an appreciation of the Queen as a person. Humility and a sense of humor is always enduring.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 55.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 385.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 151.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club/page/31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.