B0646D82-852B-4304-A4CD-23B4A22BDDCF (resized).jpeg
D42D0E5A-DC87-4B80-9D62-E59D378CACBA (resized).jpeg
FB2C5C38-17F0-45D4-BCED-57EF94539DCE (resized).jpeg
E873B6CA-F0F2-4C5E-8589-E5B0B96E2CAF (resized).jpeg
ABFA1B74-F8DD-4DAE-B74F-110B222F23D0 (resized).jpeg
A8461CA8-3529-4922-9A2F-EEB6517CA7A5 (resized).jpeg
20221216_225500 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 151.
#1451 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Keith Elwing doing the 4th version of James bond ?

thats what kaneda is saying. I really dont think they would do this. Why would Gomez want to be upstaged on the same theme? And entirely different game for the same theme seems unlikely.

#1452 1 year ago

Kaneda reporting from his most trust worthy insider at Stern. Keith Elwin doing the surprise 4th edition and it is not limited!

#1453 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

According to Kaneda, yes

#1454 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

No he’s doing JAWS or BTTF

#1455 1 year ago

I Dont understand why they would do this. Like a whole different layout/toys/code for the same theme seems really off. Maybe they fed one guy this rumor and when Kaneda reported on it they know who the mole is. Who knows. If hes right I think its a pretty weird decision by Stern

#1457 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

According to Kaneda, yes

I have heard before Kaneda reported this that the 4th edition was not really limited at all they were gonna take orders and build accordingly?

#1458 1 year ago

Stern does a surprisingly good job of making the premium/pro dif less about gameplay and more about neat pinball moments/toys. I rarely feel like anything is missing substantially from a gameplay perspective on a pro, and OFTEN feel like it shoots better. I have a GZ premium on order and I keep going back and forth on just keeping my pro. It's the better pinball GAME imo, but the premium is the better PINBALL game...that is, those Mechs are just neat and part of why most of us get into it. But as someone who likes a challenging, fast game, I genuinely prefer to pro. Absolutely get why a lot of folks would prefer the premium - but really, there is suprising little difference in play between the two. It's impressive considering what is actually missing.

I'll be interested to see how pro vs. premium plays here - it looks like it's missing a ton, but then so does GZ.

#1459 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

thats what kaneda is saying. I really dont think they would do this. Why would Gomez want to be upstaged on the same theme? And entirely different game for the same theme seems unlikely.

Gomez is a company guy first and foremost and who's to say it will be better? I know half of Kanedas rumour is true.

#1460 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I Dont understand why they would do this. Like a whole different layout/toys/code for the same theme seems really off. Maybe they fed one guy this rumor and when Kaneda reported on it they know who the mole is. Who knows. If hes right I think its a pretty weird decision by Stern

If Kaminkow is involved, that might play into it somehow. He's a massive Bond fan.

#1461 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Gomez is a company guy first and foremost and who's to say it will be better? I know half of Kanedas rumour is true.

I can totally see a elvira 40th style special edition. Maybe an extra mech someone mentioned a briefcase mech? But a seperate one designed by Keith Elwin just seems off to me.

#1462 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I can totally see a elvira 40th style special edition. Maybe an extra mech someone mentioned a briefcase mech? But a seperate one designed by Keith Elwin just seems off to me.

Pretty sure it’s just gonna include a piece of Pussy Galores panties.

#1463 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Maybe an extra mech someone mentioned a briefcase mech?

Or maybe just covered in sparkly lipstick with a little fake numbered plaque-super limited!

#1465 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I couldn't see a separately designed GAME by Elwin, but I *could* see a separately designed MECH by Elwin that is added to the game for the Bond 60th special edition....

#1466 1 year ago

When are they going to stop with the old
man themes! Hello Kitty or My Little Pony would absolutely explode!

Added 15 months ago:

Sarcasm folks

#1467 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I have heard before Kaneda reported this that the 4th edition was not really limited at all they were gonna take orders and build accordingly?

His latest Patreon message said will be built to order no limit. Who knows though

#1468 1 year ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Remember, it's pronounced "poosy".

#1469 1 year ago

Pulling the Whoa Nellie/PBR playfield off the shelf?

#1470 1 year ago

What playfield do you think this pin is closest to? Not mechs... just shots.

#1471 1 year ago
Quoted from ArtPylon:

When are they going to stop with the old
man themes!

As soon as the millenniums are able to move out of their parents homes-the time could be soon?

#1472 1 year ago

What happened to all the pics? Did Stern “request” people take down until next Tuesday?

Wasn’t this on display at the trade show in London? Did they remove from trade show floor?

Enquiring minds want to know…….

#1473 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

This seems like the most logical approach. An extra mech or enhancement of some sort.

#1474 1 year ago
Quoted from Nhpolarbear:

What happened to all the pics? Did Stern “request” people take down until next Tuesday?
Enquiring minds want to know…….

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club/page/30?gallery&galleryp=2

#1475 1 year ago

Thank you

#1476 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Stern does a surprisingly good job of making the premium/pro dif less about gameplay and more about neat pinball moments/toys. I rarely feel like anything is missing substantially from a gameplay perspective on a pro, and OFTEN feel like it shoots better. I have a GZ premium on order and I keep going back and forth on just keeping my pro. It's the better pinball GAME imo, but the premium is the better PINBALL game...that is, those Mechs are just neat and part of why most of us get into it. But as someone who likes a challenging, fast game, I genuinely prefer to pro. Absolutely get why a lot of folks would prefer the premium - but really, there is suprising little difference in play between the two. It's impressive considering what is actually missing.
I'll be interested to see how pro vs. premium plays here - it looks like it's missing a ton, but then so does GZ.

GZ pro is one of the best games I've played period. You can buy some plastic toys to dress it up.

Quoted from pinmister:

I have heard this comment many a times. Honestly I have the funds but have drawn a line in the sand. I think the SE versions are simply stupid and are fake in terms of collecting. They do help suck monies out of deep pockets. I have sold some LE's to replace with Pro's-again money has little to do with the decision. Does a feature or mech make or break the game? A good example is Led Zeppelin-the game is so much better with main center spinner mech, Mando-upper makes the game, Jurassic Park-moving T-rex head and gate-no not a big deal and prefer pro-plays fantastic.

LZ is the only premium I have owned. The EM toy is awesome and does change the game up.

#1477 1 year ago
Quoted from radium:

If Kaminkow is involved, that might play into it somehow. He's a massive Bond fan.

Franchi has done some great Connery Bond art already.

He did this special mural for Kaminkow's garage. I think Joe has all the cars in that print in his garage: 66 Batmobile, Bullitt Mustang GT, Ford GT40, Aston Martin DB5, Delorean.

Maybe if there is a 60th SLE game through Kapow pinball, perhaps it could have Franchi art on it.

3cdbed6a177866da7728d02454df4e299a507820 (resized).jpg3cdbed6a177866da7728d02454df4e299a507820 (resized).jpgfranchi bond2 (resized).jpgfranchi bond2 (resized).jpg
#1478 1 year ago

Am I the only one not able to get through or find a new place to order 007...looks like Stern's counter reset?

#1479 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

GZ pro is one of the best games I've played. You can buy some plastic toys to dress it up.

I play a pro on location fairly regularly, and my brother has a premium. I can honestly say that I could be happy owning either version. They play so differently IMO and seem to have their individual strengths and weaknesses.

#1480 1 year ago

Maybe the other version is the Roger Moore era. That would force us crazy fans to buy 2 different james bond pinball machines. Brilliant lol

#1481 1 year ago

Fast and Furious-what ever happened to that supposed license? I heard chatter about that like 5 years ago-may be that ship has sailed for that franchise?

#1482 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Fast and Furious-what ever happened to that supposed license? I heard chatter about that like 5 years ago-may be that ship has sailed for that franchise?

It became Mustang.

#1483 1 year ago

I'm not sure what to make of this:

Kaneda 20220913 (resized).jpgKaneda 20220913 (resized).jpg
#1484 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

It became Mustang

I think Mustang was its own-helped by corporate funding as advertising from Ford motor-I think there was talk of FF after Mustang

#1485 1 year ago

I see why Steve left.

#1486 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Jurassic Park-moving T-rex head and gate-no not a big deal

and I think those 2 mechs make the game and give it the wow factor
different flavors for your taste

#1487 1 year ago
Quoted from mrclean:

You can turn off the charm. She's immune.

#1488 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Bond home edition?

that could make sense

#1489 1 year ago

Bond home edition?

Laugh all you want this is a theme that I can see them making a home edition.

#1490 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Yes JP is very subjective and most people absolutly want the moving T-Rex head. It never really impressed me and I felt-been there done that with my Data East version that slows flow for the 'show'. I have seen enough show and prefer flow. The raptor gate is cool but not a mech that makes or breaks it. Had an offer to trade an LE for my Pro and decided it was not worth it-glad I kept my pro and made it into a Promium.

#1491 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Sold my JP pro to buy a JP Premium (3 years later). It varies from game to me. I'm a sucker for mechanical toys that put on a "SHOW". Deadpool's didn't. Jurassic Park and Godzilla's do.

#1492 1 year ago

Yes, we have delayed our product launch until next week. Stay tuned for more info from our social media sites.

Stern Pinball, Inc.

2001 Lunt Avenue

Elk Grove Village, IL 60007

www.sternpinball.com

https://insider.sternpinball.com/insider

#1493 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Laugh all you want this is a theme that I can see them making a home edition.

That would be my chance to get an Elwin-designed game at a non-unobtainium price.

#1494 1 year ago

Bond home edition?

I've been saying this ever since George said he was designing the "cornerstone" version and that there would be a special surprise. I still think it makes the most sense, Keith designing another all original bond game would be shocking but not out of the realm of possibility. Lets not forget that this launch should technically be game 3 for the year yet its only game 2. If Elwin is making a special made to order version it would definitely shake things up!

#1495 1 year ago

Guy on stick goes back and forth so you can control to drop a ball on the target-why does this sound lame to me(nightmares of Johnny Mnemonic in my head) Ahhhhhh the horror

#1496 1 year ago

I just want to say I think it is a good thing that Stern delayed the release out of respect for the Queen-Kudos Stern.

-Rip Queen Elizabeth-you will be missed

#1497 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I'm not sure what to make of this:
[quoted image]

Yeah what does that mean, that dealers will price the 60th addition to whatever they want? Also is it going to be released at the same time as the others?

#1498 1 year ago
b07 (resized).jpgb07 (resized).jpg
#1499 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Yeah what does that mean, that dealers will price the 60th addition to whatever they want? Also is it going to be released at the same time as the others?

It means people still accept whatever they see blindly. Kaneda also said in February it was Jaws for sure. And in December said Venom was the next title after Rush. What he says has zero meaning unless it comes with pictures or evidence.

#1500 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Sounds like Beatles Diamond edition

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,500 (OBO)
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 425.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

5,850 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Land O' Lakes, FL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 151.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club/page/30?hl=medic7000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.