B0646D82-852B-4304-A4CD-23B4A22BDDCF (resized).jpeg
D42D0E5A-DC87-4B80-9D62-E59D378CACBA (resized).jpeg
FB2C5C38-17F0-45D4-BCED-57EF94539DCE (resized).jpeg
E873B6CA-F0F2-4C5E-8589-E5B0B96E2CAF (resized).jpeg
ABFA1B74-F8DD-4DAE-B74F-110B222F23D0 (resized).jpeg
A8461CA8-3529-4922-9A2F-EEB6517CA7A5 (resized).jpeg
20221216_225500 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 151.
#1401 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Or, ditching the yellow frame and blocking the title and James Bond would still be better than what they did, IMO.[quoted image]

I'd buy this replacement!

#1402 1 year ago

A simple red with black outlined light up 007 topper would look really good the more I think about it. Nice and simple, kind of like Kiss.

Could be why it isn’t on translite/backglass. Would be pretty redundant if it’s the topper.

#1403 1 year ago
Quoted from Sugar:

(Intern at Stern) what’s should we do with the big empty spot on the backglass art? Hmmm how about fill it with a big stupid Dr. No! That sounds much better than putting 007 in that area.
[quoted image]

There is a big blank spot on the top right that looks perfect for "007"

Head fake perhaps?

#1404 1 year ago

The Dr No translite looks the same as the Janese poster art. Here is the Japanese poster for You Only Live Twice. It has a very similar art style, maybe even the same artist. I wouldn't be surprised if this would get repurposed for the premium translite.

Dr-No-Vintage-Movie-Poster-Original-Japanese-1-Panel-20x29_54d94eb6-16ea-427c-b95b-9760d40ec447_800x.progressive (resized).jpgDr-No-Vintage-Movie-Poster-Original-Japanese-1-Panel-20x29_54d94eb6-16ea-427c-b95b-9760d40ec447_800x.progressive (resized).jpgs-l400 (resized).jpgs-l400 (resized).jpg
#1405 1 year ago

My issue with the pro translite is that the majority of it is very bright/light. It reminds me of the LZ Pro translite.The result tends to look washed out because of the amount of light coming through. It needs more contrast and darker parts. I won’t even comment on the logo design.

The only reason I don’t want Dwight on code is because there’s some work still left to do on Mando. The moving of multipliers is a great feature. The only people who hate it tend to be the ones that call it “math rules” or “complicated” I’m not sure how a person who plays pinball doesn’t understand how a multiplier works. The only difference is you can move it to a specific shot.

Not gonna lie, the Pro initially looks pretty stripped down. But it’s mostly showy type features. All the people saying that Stern should ditch Pros most likely do not contribute to the location scene. Not everyone plays pinball in their basements guys. Having a Pro does not affect your enjoyment of your Premiums and LEs you like to brag about. Pro model is the foundation of modern location play. Take it away and you’ll see less games out there.

#1406 1 year ago

I know it wouldn't happen with the era of movies in the game...
but a video mode on the LCD screen with some N64 GoldenEye gameplay/music would be sweet!

#1407 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

There is a big blank spot on the top right that looks perfect for "007"
Head fake perhaps?

Yes lol

#1408 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Not gonna lie, the Pro initially looks pretty stripped down. But it’s mostly showy type features. All the people saying that Stern should ditch Pros most likely do not contribute to the location scene. Not everyone plays pinball in their basements guys. Having a Pro does not affect your enjoyment of your Premiums and LEs you like to brag about. Pro model is the foundation of modern location play. Take it away and you’ll see less games out there.

Godzilla Pro is missing 2 huge mechs and it's still one of the best games I have played.

#1409 1 year ago

The Bond layout looks interesting. Can’t wait to play it!

#1410 1 year ago
Quoted from easye9901:

I know it wouldn't happen with the era of movies in the game...
but a video mode on the LCD screen with some N64 GoldenEye gameplay/music would be sweet!

Someone absolutely needs to mod this game with the n64 music, sound effects, and game video! Haha.

#1411 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Seriously. Some people in this thread seem giddy with negativity. This is your reminder that this is a TOY FORUM. Imagine, a forum where people discussed leaked photos of the latest Walmart coin operated horses “Bah, this artwork on the saddle is awful! It doesn’t look like it’ll rock more than 45 degrees! This isn’t the shade horses teeth should be”
This is what some of y’all sound like. Maybe wait until you see it, I dunno, POWERED ON and being played before you freak out. I know expecting some of you to actually play it before shitting on it is far too big an ask bUt wHeRe WiLL i pRoJeCt aLL mY uNaDreSsed nEgAtiVity?!?!?

All hobbies have a component of toxic people.

#1412 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Bond kills Deadpool

there's no way that bond could kill deadpool. deadpool can't die

#1413 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Or, ditching the yellow frame and blocking the title and James Bond would still be better than what they did, IMO.

PinMonk maybe Stern will offer alternate translites, one for each/or selection of Connery movies.. collectors would probably end up buying them all, more $$ for Stern. Not unlike with Tron (3D, Clu, girls)

#1414 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

I want an odd job hat topper!

why? so that you can flip that for a profit as well?

#1415 1 year ago
Quoted from Bellystyle:

Kaneda just posted more Pro pics. Everything except the eject seat is missing. Holy shit, that's bad....
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

kind of the same as how stripped the godzilla pro was. I'm surprised that the rocket wasn't a flat plastic as well (and 'no', I'm not being sarcastic)

I have the feeling that much of the BOL costs were licensing. the price bump for the premiums/LEs is covering the extra mechs & labor for assembly

#1416 1 year ago

Every time a new game comes out everyone screams that the premium/le is the no brainer choice. It always shakes out that the pro is a damn good game.

Personally I’d rather have a pro and a few thousand dollars for another games, especially when I route most of my collection.

#1417 1 year ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Every time a new game comes out everyone screams that the premium/le is the no brainer choice. It always shakes out that the pro is a damn good game.
Personally I’d rather have a pro and a few thousand dollars for another games, especially when I route most of my collection.

Only pro I ever preferred was TWD
If you got the cash and it's for your personal collection - always go premium!!!

#1418 1 year ago

Whenever I see problems with new pins it seems the majority are with the premium only mechs. Happy to be a Pro buyer. Less/no mechs...less/no headaches. If you can't have fun with a Stern Pro, your jaded or don't really like pinball.

#1419 1 year ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

If you got the cash and it's for your personal collection - always go premium!!!

with you there. I know some prefer pro on BK SOR but i like the premium/le. Only pro i ever bought was GoTG. I actually think its better without those arms heh

#1420 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Whenever I see problems with new pins it seems the majority are with the premium only mechs. Happy to be a Pro buyer. Less/no mechs...less/no headaches. If you can't have fun with a Stern Pro, your jaded or don't really like pinball.

Meh...experiencing the kinetic satisfaction of Premium/LE mechs is often worth the headaches. If you don't like headaches, you don't really like pinball!

#1421 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Meh...experiencing the kinetic satisfaction of Premium/LE mechs is often worth the headaches. If you don't like headaches, you don't really like pinball!

Touche!

#1422 1 year ago

I'm excited to see some video of both the pro and prem in action. Im pretty pumped about this roll out. Gonna have to sell a game to snag this one.
The art could be better but it is what it is. I'm sure someone will come out with some dope backglasses and the mod makers are gonna have some things to add.

#1423 1 year ago

I assume the old bond logo is no longer trademarked and they have to use the more modern version

#1424 1 year ago

Never played Aerosmith? Pro is wayyy better, IMO

#1425 1 year ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

I'm excited to see some video of both the pro and prem in action. Im pretty pumped about this roll out. Gonna have to sell a game to snag this one.
The art could be better but it is what it is. I'm sure someone will come out with some dope backglasses and the mod makers are gonna have some things to add.

Same here. Looks fantastic and can't wait to play one. There are always things that could be a little better but I see no reason to complain when there are so many great things. I kinda wish it looked terrible with a phoned in layout so I wouldn't feel any desire to buy one. No doubt this game is not going to help Stern's backorder problem.

#1426 1 year ago

Like many, not a big fan of the art, but it is a reasonable guess that the licensor wasn't giving them a lot of leeway.

Now just need video, sound effects, music, callouts and rules. The next week will pass slowly...

#1427 1 year ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Add Deadpool to that list. IMO the drops on the premium slowed the game down too much. Pro is MUCH harder/faster.

#1428 1 year ago

Rush Pro is more fun IMO - faster without the VUK. I think Ghostbusters and Deadpool pros are more fun also.

My opinion. Great thing about Stern is lots of options!

#1429 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Rush Pro is more fun IMO - faster without the VUK. I think Ghostbusters and Deadpool pros are more fun also.
My opinion. Great thing about Stern is lots of options!

Also Led Zeppelin. The mech on the premium just gets in the way of the other feel-good shots.

#1430 1 year ago

I can't get over how atrocious the playfield art is

#1431 1 year ago

omg I cant disagree more about Deadpool and Rush Pros being better. Have owned Premium/LE of both and have played the Pros as well. RUsh especially was missing out without the vuk. And deadpool is a good pro Ill give it that, but the premium is a better game with better flow with the orbit shot. Now if you are arguing Value of Pro vs Premium with the price difference it starts to make sense. Deadpool was a good Pro even if I appreciate the extras. Rush is a good Pro as well, but I really dont like that dead end shot

#1432 1 year ago

Met pro

#1433 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I honestly don’t understand why Stern even makes pros anymore.

Quoted from DropGems:

Pro is basically the prototype before they figured all the shit out lol

Oh boy.
Next week can’t come fast enough.

#1434 1 year ago

My thoughts on Bond...

While I love the franchise and am a big fan I just am not jazzed on this one for some reason. I thought the theme would make it an instant buy for me but I have decided to sit on the sidelines for this one. First is the price-this is getting hard to accept-especially above 10k. Second is I feel like this is one that will benefit by waiting it out. I could be wrong but I believe once the dust settles so will the second hand market pricing. I would not mind picking one up down the line for a discount. I do not have the usual fomo feeling of having to have it first. I do think the Pro is going to be what I am leaning towards. Will I miss a little guy going back and forth on a stick-no, will I miss the little scuba diver under the playfield that is barely visible and does not effect game play-no. Will I miss the corkscrew ramp into building?-meh not sure that is worth almost double the price-feel like I would not miss much. I actually dig the nostalgic look and I think they nailed it-so glad it is not like BM66 art. I do think the layout looks solid and it will be a fun shooter. For now I am going to buy another old school Stern and will wait to buy a Pro at a discount later down the road. -Peace out

#1435 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

My thoughts on Bond...
While I love the franchise and am a big fan I just am not jazzed on this one for some reason. I thought the theme would make it an instant buy for me but I have decided to sit on the sidelines for this one. First is the price-this is getting hard to accept-especially above 10k. Second is I feel like this is one that will benefit by waiting it out. I could be wrong but I believe once the dust settles so will the second hand market pricing. I would not mind picking one up down the line for a discount. I do not have the usual fomo feeling of having to have it first. I do think the Pro is going to be what I am leaning towards. Will I miss a little guy going back and forth on a stick-no, will I miss the little scuba diver under the playfield that is barely visible and does not effect game play-no. Will I miss the corkscrew ramp into building?-meh not sure that is worth almost double the price-feel like I would not miss much. I actually dig the nostalgic look and I think they nailed it-so glad it is not like BM66 art. I do think the layout looks solid and it will be a fun shooter. For now I am going to buy another old school Stern and will wait to buy a Pro at a discount later down the road. -Peace out

Why not just wait for the reveal before you convince yourself one way or the other? I have a feeling there is more to some of these mechs than meets the eye from these shitty leaked photos.

#1436 1 year ago

I've never understood the "Pro's are better because they are faster" argument. Yes Pro's are typically faster...because there's less in them. At these insane prices that's not really a good thing IMO. Personally I always prefer the more loaded version of a game as it's those extra toys and mechanical features that immerse the player into a themes world and add that pinball magic that got me into the hobby in the first place. The real pro of buying a pro seems to be saving $2k - $4k over a premium or LE.

#1437 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Why not just wait for the reveal before you convince yourself one way or the other?

I have seen enough with the foggy leaked photos and just am not feeling it for some reason? I am sure it will be a great shooter and will be a fun game-just not jumping in the pool for this one.

#1438 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I've never understood the "Pro's are better because they are faster" argument. Yes Pro's are typically faster...because there's less in it. That's all and at these insane prices that's not a good thing IMO. Personally I always prefer the more loaded version of a game as it's those extra toys and mechanical features that immerse the player into a themes world and add that pinball magic that got me into the hobby in the first place.

Let me give you an example. In Deadpool, aside from art the Pro/Premium differences are a spinning disco ball that doesn't effect play, a diverter that makes left loop shots do one of two things instead of always go to the pops, and 2 sets for 4 drop targets under "Dead" and "Pool". In the Premium, hitting those drops slows the ball and gently delivers the ball back to the flippers. In the Pro, hitting these hard target results in a chaotic bounce and is difficult to recover from in a ball control perspective. The Drops slow the game. They are cool, but for this reason the Pro plays much faster.

#1439 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I've never understood the "Pro's are better because they are faster" argument

Lots of Pros are better then LE's when it comes to game play. Now this is subjective but I think AC/DC is way better without lower novelty playfiled, I think Metallica is better without huge hammer that disrupts flow, Black Knight novelty upper, Munsters novelty lower, the list goes on and on. Don't convince yourself that LE's are always better-that is a big misconception.

#1440 1 year ago

New price on Stern pros to be over 7k?

30495D35-37FB-498C-B9B0-60DD3A39B470 (resized).png30495D35-37FB-498C-B9B0-60DD3A39B470 (resized).png
#1441 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Let me give you an example. In Deadpool, aside from art the Pro/Premium differences are a spinning disco ball that doesn't effect play, a diverter that makes left loop shots do one of two things instead of always go to the pops, and 2 sets for 4 drop targets under "Dead" and "Pool". In the Premium, hitting those drops slows the ball and gently delivers the ball back to the flippers. In the Pro, hitting these hard target results in a chaotic bounce and is difficult to recover from in a ball control perspective. The Drops slow the game. They are cool, but for this reason the Pro plays much faster.

This is the rare case where the pro may play faster but the premium has more flow with that disco loop shot.

#1442 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

omg I cant disagree more about Deadpool and Rush Pros being better. Have owned Premium/LE of both and have played the Pros as well. RUsh especially was missing out without the vuk. And deadpool is a good pro Ill give it that, but the premium is a better game with better flow with the orbit shot. Now if you are arguing Value of Pro vs Premium with the price difference it starts to make sense. Deadpool was a good Pro even if I appreciate the extras. Rush is a good Pro as well, but I really dont like that dead end shot

The VUK slows the game down and doesn't add to the gameplay on Rush - that and $2000+ got me a pro. Dead end shot is a-ok with me! I dunno, to me it's the same game but faster and cheaper and less to break down.

#1443 1 year ago

Pros Suck...nuff said

If you're an operator, Pros are great. Less stuff to fix and break while most people playing on location don't even know what they are missing.

Going to buy my Mercedes next week and leave out the power seats and steering. Less weight so the car will drive faster.

Next topic plz.

#1444 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Lots of Pros are better then LE's when it comes to game play. Now this is subjective but I think AC/DC is way better without lower novelty playfiled, I think Metallica is better without huge hammer that disrupts flow, Black Knight novelty upper, Munsters novelty lower, the list goes on and on. Don't convince yourself that LE's are always better-that is a big misconception.

If I had unlimited funds LE's are great but I don't have that. I look in a game and if I'm not missing out on anything major, pros are usually just as fun if not more with fewer things to slow down the game.

I will do GZ premium though!

#1445 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I've never understood the "Pro's are better because they are faster" argument. Yes Pro's are typically faster...because there's less in them. At these insane prices that's not really a good thing IMO. Personally I always prefer the more loaded version of a game as it's those extra toys and mechanical features that immerse the player into a themes world and add that pinball magic that got me into the hobby in the first place. The real pro of buying a pro seems to be saving $2k - $4k over a premium or LE.

I know some people just have mounds of cash, but 2k is a whole lot of money for many people.

Also as many in past pointed out, Pros are popular for on location machines, they are simpler, cheaper, and lot less stuff to break, easier to maintain.

Lot of tournament players also prefer pros cause of the fast shooting, they want non stop fast play, where lot of gimmicks and mechs in other machines slow things down.

#1446 1 year ago
Quoted from Gman3:

Pros Suck...nuff said

These kind of comments remind me of guys game rooms with nothing but new Stern and JJP LE's with toppers. Not sure if they are collectors or blowhards

-Hey look at me

#1447 1 year ago

What if you could flip between to translites? Just like flipping between two licenses plates?

#1448 1 year ago

I must be the only one that likes mechs that slow down the game and give you a chance to enjoy the moment
to each his own ...

#1449 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

If I had unlimited funds LE's are great but I don't have that.

I have heard this comment many a times. Honestly I have the funds but have drawn a line in the sand. I think the SE versions are simply stupid and are fake in terms of collecting. They do help suck monies out of deep pockets. I have sold some LE's to replace with Pro's-again money has little to do with the decision. Does a feature or mech make or break the game? A good example is Led Zeppelin-the game is so much better with main center spinner mech, Mando-upper makes the game, Jurassic Park-moving T-rex head and gate-no not a big deal and prefer pro-plays fantastic.

#1450 1 year ago

Keith Elwing doing the 4th version of James bond ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 14.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 385.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Fargo, ND
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

$ 14.95
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 151.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club/page/29?hl=bigsilverpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.