B0646D82-852B-4304-A4CD-23B4A22BDDCF (resized).jpeg
D42D0E5A-DC87-4B80-9D62-E59D378CACBA (resized).jpeg
FB2C5C38-17F0-45D4-BCED-57EF94539DCE (resized).jpeg
E873B6CA-F0F2-4C5E-8589-E5B0B96E2CAF (resized).jpeg
ABFA1B74-F8DD-4DAE-B74F-110B222F23D0 (resized).jpeg
A8461CA8-3529-4922-9A2F-EEB6517CA7A5 (resized).jpeg
20221216_225500 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 151.
#1251 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Bond kills Deadpool

Quoted from Wariodolby:

Just a standard action button on lock bar?
Not seeing it in pics.

Quoted from Enron64:

Bond is such a classic theme. I had DP and it just wasn’t for me in the long run, but this looks amazing in my opinion.

I sold my Deadpool LE for GZLE as much as I enjoyed it. But it would have definitely gone for Bond if it didn't go then. Now I'm even thinking I could farewell BKSOR LE for Bond as much as I like its quirkiness.

#1252 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

A 3/8" steel rod isn't bending from that load. It might SAG if the pivot point isn't properly designed, but bending? No way.

And it would weigh enough to make accelerating that rod an issue. I think a hollow brace was precisely the right choice here. Limited flex. Low weight. Wire conduit. I'll trust the Stern designers here; they know what they're doing.

#1253 1 year ago

People are noting the art resemblance to thunderbirds like its a bad thing...

Guys the art on thunderbirds definitely was not the problem with that game

#1254 1 year ago

Bond theme is untouchable!
“Da-na.na-NAH na na Da-na na-Nah na na”

#1255 1 year ago

I have Pierce Bronson and Timothy Dalton in a bidding war for my LE spot!

#1256 1 year ago
Quoted from John1210:

That orbit shot through the ramps looks sweet.

That naked, exposed ramp edge on the left side of the right ramp going into that shot is going to be hell on balls. Missed shots will go full steam into the exposed end of a metal ramp. That's some engineering there.

#1257 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That naked, exposed ramp edge on the left side of the right ramp going into that shot is going to be hell on balls. Missed shots will go full steam into the exposed end of a metal ramp. That's some engineering there.

There are similar ramp edge issues on some elwin designs also.... marvel entry for example. That edge murders balls. If you look closely the left side of the far right ramp has a post... just hiding under the wireform.

#1258 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Please help me understand a few shot paths:
1. Does the left "orbit" return along the long, flourish'y wireform to the left flipper? If so, it's a bit like the right orbit in AIQ, only reversed.
2. How many shots do you see from the upper flipper? I see one to that "ramp complex" mech on the right. It returns to the right flipper via the wireform. There is a second upper-flipper shot indicated by an insert, but where does it go? Does it loop around the top of the PF and drop into the rollover lanes?
3. Is the shot to the right of the three standups in front of the Missile the only way to feed the upper flipper?
4. Where does the shot go that seems to lead to the DB-5 VUK? Is that a right orbit or does it terminate in a scoop/VUK a la AIQ?
5. How do you lock balls? I see the elaborate mech/wireform there that surrounds the missile, but I can't understand what I'm looking at. Ideas?

2- that is an right orbit shot that could end at the pops if the diverter is off. It is otherwise returning to the left flipper by the left orbit

#1259 1 year ago

And probably no ejector seat. It’s going to be pretty empty I fear.

Quoted from swinks:Noticed the Pro
- has a different building on the top left
- no spiral ramp from that building
- and the jet pack bond probably won't move

#1260 1 year ago

I am kinda feeling - based on pics and reading all the rumors…

Pro - Dr. No (check)
Premium - You Only Live Twice (check)
LE - Thunderball
SLE - Goldfinger with gold chrome rails, legs, lockdown bar and T-molding

My humble opinion is it looks like a total winner AS LONG As the rules & code are up to par… I’ve become so partial to the Elwin/Naegele JP & GZ style versus the Sullivan Mando & SW variety… Personal preference.

…typically don’t ever engage or even acknowledge any ignorant comments or behavior but for those of you dogging the Stern delay and taking shots at the Queens passing…. Just show a little respect. You are making the rest of us look bad. We all love this hobby and get 100% into it but its still “pinball” for Fs sake.

#1261 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Bond theme is untouchable!
“Da-na.na-NAH na na Da-na na-Nah na na”

No doubt the classic Monty Norman theme will be there. I really hope they have the rights to use score music from the 6 films and not just some similar sounding music. John Barry was a great composer.

#1262 1 year ago

I want an odd job hat topper!

#1263 1 year ago

I still don't see how a shot to the left orbit is strong enough to make that steep hill/ramp. I almost wonder if that's somewhere else the jetpack can drop the ball down or something.

#1264 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

I still don't see how a shot to the left orbit is strong enough to make that steep hill/ramp. I almost wonder if that's somewhere else the jetpack can drop the ball down or something.

Gomez did a similar shot on his avengers. Shouldn't be an issue.

#1265 1 year ago

Art reminds me of thunderbirds pinball

#1266 1 year ago
Quoted from John1210:

Gomez did a similar shot on his avengers. Shouldn't be an issue.

Stranger things has the same just a little lower. The orbit is really fast.
I suppose it helps slow down the ball before it reaches the magnet at the top or whatever it is that catches the ball

#1267 1 year ago

Is it possible the jet pack arm does more than swing back and forth…maybe it extends further out into the playfield in which case the arm would need a little more structure.

#1268 1 year ago

Anything is possible… we haven’t seen jack anything play wise yet…

That would be great by the way.

#1269 1 year ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

"spell SPECTRE(THUNDERBIRDS)" lol.

#1270 1 year ago

Anybody tracking duplicate comments from people just bouncing in late to the thread?

#1271 1 year ago

the right ramp with 2 entrances reminds me of baywatch

#1272 1 year ago
Quoted from curban:

Is it possible the jet pack arm does more than swing back and forth…maybe it extends further out into the playfield in which case the arm would need a little more structure.

I think there may be a vertical opto on his jet pack? Where it stays back over the ramp there is also a visible hole. Only a guess

#1273 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So aside from hating on the artwork, the exposed ramp edges (clearly terrible engineering, according to you), and this atrocious arm that supports the jetpack Bond, you're all in right?

#1274 1 year ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

So aside from hating on the artwork, the exposed ramp edges (clearly terrible engineering), and this atrocious arm that supports the jetpack Bond, you're all in right?

I love the LE art, and haven't seen it,

#1275 1 year ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

So aside from hating on the artwork, the exposed ramp edges (clearly terrible engineering, according to you), and this atrocious arm that supports the jetpack Bond, you're all in right?

I get every Stern these days for mods and temp testing, so that's a foregone conclusion. I don't KEEP any, but I have them all for some period of time.

#1276 1 year ago

I love how every mech/toy in this game is very specific to the theme and unique
As opposed to that “other” game that has just a generic spinning wheel, pop up ramp and gabby and a LCD screen, that’s the reason it’s languishing at #140 and bond will never be out of the top 10

#1277 1 year ago
Quoted from Drussksu:

Would make sense, because both themes are British from the same era. Poster art style of the era encompasses most IPs from the 1960s. Artwork fits the era to a T.

#1278 1 year ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Pretty sure there is a post protecting the left edge of that right ramp for the orbit shot. Its hiding in the pics.

#1279 1 year ago

Ugliest backglass/translite since Genesis?

Screenshot_20220912_213933 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220912_213933 (resized).jpg
#1280 1 year ago

Kaneda just posted more Pro pics. Everything except the eject seat is missing. Holy shit, that's bad....

FB_IMG_1663036639214.jpgFB_IMG_1663036639214.jpgFB_IMG_1663036645646.jpgFB_IMG_1663036645646.jpgFB_IMG_1663036650789.jpgFB_IMG_1663036650789.jpgFB_IMG_1663036658619.jpgFB_IMG_1663036658619.jpg
#1281 1 year ago

So who has a deposit on it? My distro is taking deposits, I'm about to drop 1000 on it... but wpuld have to give up star wars comic art.

#1282 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

[quoted image]

Well I am sure we will be able to mod these.

#1283 1 year ago

[quoted image]

#1284 1 year ago
Quoted from Bellystyle:

Kaneda just posted more Pro pics. Everything except the eject seat is missing. Holy shit, that's bad....
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#1285 1 year ago

At this point get rid of pros and do two models like jjp. Too expensive to produce anymore and have to take everything out for lower price point. No point.

#1286 1 year ago

Maybe one of the surprises is a cheaper Pro model this time around with nothing in it? I kid...I look forward to playing it.

#1287 1 year ago

Heres another look

FB_IMG_1663037161710 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1663037161710 (resized).jpg
#1288 1 year ago

Weird there's no 007 iconography on the backglass art, when they have it on the apron.

#1289 1 year ago
Quoted from jake35:

Heres another look
[quoted image]

Go look at all of the photos in this thread before posting more. Please.

#1290 1 year ago
Quoted from Bellystyle:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I hope the translite on the premium is better than that but I see the trend. It will have a scene from you only live twice on it - which has some pretty good poster so…..

And Ursula andras on a translite isn’t all that bad

#1291 1 year ago
Quoted from Bellystyle:

Go look at all of the photos in this thread before posting more. Please.

Sorry I didn't realize it was already there. Someone just shared it on Facebook.

#1292 1 year ago

No James Bond or 007 written anywhere. Any chance that these pictures/games are being shown to throw us off? I mean if you didn’t tell me, I’d think the pro was a Dr. No game and not James Bond

Quoted from PinMonk:

Weird there's no 007 iconography on the backglass art, when they have it on the apron.

#1293 1 year ago

The more I look at the art, the more it reminds me of Bally/Williams era games.

#1294 1 year ago

[quoted image]

Hahahahaha, what the hell is up with these desaturated pics? There can't be a phone camera left in the world that bad.

#1295 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

No James Bond or 007 written anywhere. Any chance that these pictures/games are being shown to throw us off? I mean if you didn’t tell me, I’d think the pro was a Dr. No game and not James Bond

Just feels kinda like Zeppelin where a couple trim levels were album-specific.

Pro couldn't even get the scuba sculpt? Eesh.

#1296 1 year ago

That backglass is just horrible!!!!!!

#1297 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

007 is all over the apron, but it's the wrong 007 if Gomez was going for the retro look. So there can't have been a prohibition on using 007 because it IS on the game (wrong era logo - Roger Moore's 007 logo), just not on on the backglass.

Here's an article about the evolution of the logo:
https://spycommandfeatures.wordpress.com/the-evolution-of-the-007-logo/

Here's an era-appropriate (ugly) 007 to match the ugly backglass:
dr_no_backglass_007 (resized).jpgdr_no_backglass_007 (resized).jpg

#1298 1 year ago

I get more of a "24" vibe from this one.

#1299 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

At this point get rid of pros and do two models like jjp. Too expensive to produce anymore and have to take everything out for lower price point. No point.

about 1000 pinball operators (approx 40-50% of their sales) would strongly disagree. not only is it less expensive, it’s far less mechanics to potentially break on location. all which require more trips to the location, time, parts, money, problem solving, and unresponsive emails with stern and the distro. all for the exact same amount of earnings.

#1300 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

The more I look at the art, the more it reminds me of Bally/Williams era games.

Yeah. I also see 60's era movie poster / lobby card.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 59.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Print2pin

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 55.00
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Union, KY
$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Medford, NJ
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 151.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club/page/26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.