B0646D82-852B-4304-A4CD-23B4A22BDDCF (resized).jpeg
D42D0E5A-DC87-4B80-9D62-E59D378CACBA (resized).jpeg
FB2C5C38-17F0-45D4-BCED-57EF94539DCE (resized).jpeg
E873B6CA-F0F2-4C5E-8589-E5B0B96E2CAF (resized).jpeg
ABFA1B74-F8DD-4DAE-B74F-110B222F23D0 (resized).jpeg
A8461CA8-3529-4922-9A2F-EEB6517CA7A5 (resized).jpeg
20221216_225500 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 151.
#1151 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

So where is the scuba diver toy..... SLE item?

It's the bond on the stick. Look at the pictures.

#1152 1 year ago
Quoted from JimJams:

"Villain modes start when ball is held"
Any thoughts on what this might mean? Could it be that they're rewarding the player for cradling? The right ramp is also marked for villain modes.

Looked like a pop up post in the lane line JP was present.

#1153 1 year ago
Quoted from JimJams:

"Villain modes start when ball is held"
Any thoughts on what this might mean? Could it be that they're rewarding the player for cradling? The right ramp is also marked for villain modes.

Looks like there’s an up post just to the right of that quote in the right inlane.

#1154 1 year ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

I respectfully disagree. I watched the Gomez interview, took screenshots, it's pretty clearly a scuba diver. It's quick but you can see the swim fins on the feet and knife in the hand (exactly like the scuba fight in Thunderball)

#1155 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You guys bitching about the Queen delay...I mean it's a HUGE deal over there. This happens once or twice a century. I'm not surprised at all.
I mean...I laughed off my gf when she said last week they'd probably delay the "reveal" after I mentioned it. But clearly she was right.
There's NOTHING going on over there the next couple weeks besides the Queen. Suck it up, enjoy the photos which will leak, and keep building the anticipation. Game is gonna be awesome.

I laughed when you said you've got a girlfriend.
(I kid! I kid!!))

#1156 1 year ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

No. Hands are extended on the toy gomez showed, AND they had knives in them. Forgetting the knives, just the fact that the hands were extended disqualifies it from being the jetpack Bond where his hands are at waist level.

#1157 1 year ago

We haven't seen the LE yet or the coming "surprise" Gomez mentioned so speculate away!

#1158 1 year ago

This game looks like a blast. I like the art direction, really glad they stuck with one era of Bond and it's cool they got a licensed DB5 on the playfield and not a generic 'spy car'. Gomez had said he was challenging himself to do something different with this one and he definitely achieved that, its unlike anything else he's designed (that I'm aware of). Can't wait to see high-res photos, videos, and hopefully play it shortly.

Quoted from Rizmo:

I really hope it’s Sean Connery or a Sean Connery voice impersonator doing the callouts

I'd wager it's NOT Sean doing the callouts

#1159 1 year ago

It appears to me that James Bond will capture the ball , the rocket will open , James will fly the ball where it will drop into the rocket , then via subway travel to building VUK then around around circular ramp to 3 ball lock ... P.S how do you pay Mother Russia for the CCCP license ? ....

#1160 1 year ago

I'm curious if they have the music rights. Generic "Bond" theme, along with themes from each of the Connery movies...I certainly hope so.

#1161 1 year ago

Maybe its just me, but I feel underwhelmed by what I see. I am a huge Bond fan, but this just feels a bit 1970's kitchy BOND to me. That said, I want to like it and sometime in the next month perhaps can get to play one before I tap out...

#1162 1 year ago

Have an LE spot will sell for 20 large. Pm me

#1163 1 year ago

Has anyone here noticed Barbara Broccoli's contribution? It says "Bond Women" instead of "Bond Girls" on the playfield!

#1164 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Maybe its just me, but I feel underwhelmed by what I see

I have an open mind because I haven’t see the full reveal, but I’m not drawn to the look of the pin. Playfield art, cab art, etc. Maybe that will all be overcome by game play.

#1165 1 year ago

Something I just thought of, Gomez designed the original Spy Hunter arcade game, which was supposed to be a licensed James Bond tie-in... Midway couldn't get the license and they got the Peter Gunn theme instead. Cool that all these years later working as the CCO he was able to do his Bond game.

Quoted from Markharris2000:

Maybe its just me, but I feel underwhelmed by what I see. I am a huge Bond fan, but this just feels a bit 1970's kitchy BOND to me. That said, I want to like it and sometime in the next month perhaps can get to play one before I tap out...

It's a Stern; unless you're an obsessive LE buyer, you should always just wait to play it before plunking money down.

#1166 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

I respectfully disagree. I watched the Gomez interview, took screenshots, it's pretty clearly a scuba diver. It's quick but you can see the swim fins on the feet and knife in the hand (exactly like the scuba fight in Thunderball)

Then where is it?

#1167 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Just sent you a PM to say GFY

#1168 1 year ago

I hope they increase the number of LE games made so that the flippers and unethical dealers cannot pull this BS yet again.

#1169 1 year ago

I'm so far digging the art vibe and looks like a pretty packed game. It's a different feel from a lot of recent stern games and I'm all about that. Not that the recent releases aren't awesome though. I'll probably go ahead with the premium I'm on list for. But I'll wait for video.

#1170 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I hope they increase the number of LE games made so that the flippers and unethical dealers cannot pull this BS yet again.

It's most likely 1000 LEs again as distribs got the same allocation as Rush/GZ.

#1171 1 year ago

I just realized the loop around the rocket base has stand ups all around the top half at least.

#1172 1 year ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Then where is it?

Ask George where it is. Otherwise we'll all find out next Tuesday. Some people have speculated that it's somehow hidden which would kind of make sense with the "underwater fight" idea. I don't see any obvious evidence of that but the pics aren't very detailed.

Or since the speculation is that the LE artwork will be Thunderball maybe it's an LE only feature, since the underwater fight happens in Thunderball.

Screen Shot 2022-09-08 at 3.53.28 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-09-08 at 3.53.28 PM (resized).png
#1173 1 year ago

I’m just mourning the loss of Franchi.

#1174 1 year ago

It's got the same mechanism from Star Wars on rotating the bonus multipliers. I hated that about Star Wars.

#1175 1 year ago

Same exact movies as the slot machine licensing.

Looks like pretty much similar artwork they had to work with.

The scuba diver under glass? It’s below the left upper flipper. MB style

#1176 1 year ago

well art's not exciting me, even though I'm a big classic bond stan. whatever, might be cooler in person or grow on me. Gameplay looks like it's going to be fun tho.

#1177 1 year ago

So we've seen the leaks on the images.
Any leaks on the gulp PRICES of the different models?
We knew they were increasing already...

#1178 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I’m just mourning the loss of Franchi.

I'm glad it's not cartoon art for this title at least, but I agree Franchi could have knocked it out of the park.

#1179 1 year ago

Betting on 1007 LEs, because they can.

#1180 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

What are you paying for the le spot? That is what I will pay. Not 1 dollar more. Lol

#1181 1 year ago

Im digging it. Typical cool quirky Gomez. Such a great designer. Lots of innovation with minimal cookie cutting. The art is obviously going to be the weak link but I think its fine and it won't matter in the long term. I dont enjoy b66 and gotg because its franchi on art. I dont love JP because I see Johnny craps art on it. Sorry but the emphasis on negatives around the art is a bit of a toss and is already getting old imo. Its fine get over it.

#1182 1 year ago

actually do like this cabinet art...

side (resized).jpgside (resized).jpg
#1183 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

Ask George where it is. Otherwise we'll all find out next Tuesday. Some people have speculated that it's somehow hidden which would kind of make sense with the "underwater fight" idea. I don't see any obvious evidence of that but the pics aren't very detailed.
Or since the speculation is that the LE artwork will be Thunderball maybe it's an LE only feature, since the underwater fight happens in Thunderball.[quoted image]

I hope your right. That would be awesome. But I hope it's premium too.

#1185 1 year ago
Quoted from Rick432:

So we've seen the leaks on the images.
Any leaks on the gulp PRICES of the different models?
We knew they were increasing already...

Wouldnt surprise me if Stern is reading these threads and using the extra week to gauge interest before setting prices.

#1186 1 year ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Then where is it?

Under playfield window at the upper left flipper, similar to Monster Bash and the creature.

bondprem (resized).jpgbondprem (resized).jpg
#1187 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Just sent you a PM to say GFY

30k for you!

#1188 1 year ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

This game looks like a blast. I like the art direction, really glad they stuck with one era of Bond and it's cool they got a licensed DB5 on the playfield and not a generic 'spy car'. Gomez had said he was challenging himself to do something different with this one and he definitely achieved that, its unlike anything else he's designed (that I'm aware of). Can't wait to see high-res photos, videos, and hopefully play it shortly.

I'd wager it's NOT Sean doing the callouts

Sean Connery is one of the worlds easiest impressions next to shatner, hopefully they got one!

#1189 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Not Bambi and Thumber, Mr Kidd and Mr Wint.

They better have Shady Tree with those henchmen... including Shady's jokes

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1190 1 year ago
Quoted from pvogel3634:

Betting on 1007 LEs, because they can.

Then they couldn't have a 007 model#. Bet it's 999

#1191 1 year ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Under playfield window at the upper left flipper, similar to Monster Bash and the creature.
[quoted image]

Oh nice find, yeah that totally makes sense. Could be really cool during an "underwater fight mode" or whatever it may be.

I would say maybe more pictures will leak this week but I imagine Stern may have locked it down after today's leakage.

#1192 1 year ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

[quoted image]

How many times do we have to say it MN?

You must be getting the SLE?

#1193 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sean Connery is one of the worlds easiest impressions next to shatner, hopefully they got one!

I think if you're in the role of Bond, it makes more sense that the voice directing you is either Q or M (or both)...?

#1194 1 year ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

[quoted image]

Yep you can see the flipper reflection on the glass, there's no doubt. Plus it's directly next to the scuba art on the PF

#1195 1 year ago

Playfield art is… definately a throwback.

#1196 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

I think if you're in the role of Bond, it makes more sense that the voice directing you is either Q or M (or both)...?

Yeah I kind of hope this is the case. I don't know that I want to hear a Sean Connery impersonator, I'd rather have solid British voice actors voicing Q and/or M as you suggest, and hopefully we get Sean's voice from the movie clips. This would make thematic sense as well, seems like the best way to handle the callouts.

#1197 1 year ago

Playfield looks great, not a big fan of either cabinet. Fingers crossed that this is a game where the LE is the best art package. I'm in for an LE and looking forward to a new Gomez game! Been playing the crap out of Deadpool lately and this looks like a load of fun with an even better theme. Pussy Galore awaits!

#1198 1 year ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Would look good next to the Beatles

#1199 1 year ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

The little face photos are definitely a callback to the movie posters of the era.

the-hindenburg-md-web (resized).jpgthe-hindenburg-md-web (resized).jpg
#1200 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Playfield looks great, not a big fan of either cabinet. Fingers crossed that this is a game where the LE is the best art package. I'm in for an LE and looking forward to a new Gomez game! Been playing the crap out of Deadpool lately and this looks like a load of fun with an even better theme. Pussy Galore awaits!

Better theme then Deadpool? That’s crazy to me

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,200 (OBO)
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 55.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 385.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Butler, PA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Union, KY
There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 151.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club/page/24?hl=medic7000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.