B0646D82-852B-4304-A4CD-23B4A22BDDCF (resized).jpeg
D42D0E5A-DC87-4B80-9D62-E59D378CACBA (resized).jpeg
FB2C5C38-17F0-45D4-BCED-57EF94539DCE (resized).jpeg
E873B6CA-F0F2-4C5E-8589-E5B0B96E2CAF (resized).jpeg
ABFA1B74-F8DD-4DAE-B74F-110B222F23D0 (resized).jpeg
A8461CA8-3529-4922-9A2F-EEB6517CA7A5 (resized).jpeg
20221216_225500 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 151.
#1101 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

The queen died last week. Why wait until the day before the launch and after the game leaked to delay?

Just to piss you off, obviously.

I think it's kind of awesome.

#1102 1 year ago

The reveal delay probably has no impact on when games ship. I am not at all bothered by the delay, but I’m surprised her passing is still impacting something as small as this…is the UK essentially shut down for 10 days of mourning?

#1103 1 year ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Am I the only person who hasn't seen any of the Bond movies in this pin?

These old classic Bond flicks are very cool. Do yourself a favor and watch. I think they are all on Prime.

#1104 1 year ago

I’m probably not getting an LE. First didn’t have one lined up but also have 2 pins on order so I’m not crazy about getting another right now nor giving up the two on order (CCR SE+ and Fathom Haggis). Likely I’ll play and decide.

#1105 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I believe you "left"this with Ferrara?
[quoted image]

I love Connery, but that film (FYEO) is my favorite. Well played.

#1106 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:If the MSRP of a packed Bond LE turns out to be cheaper than the MSRP of the cheapest TS4, the epic fail of TS4 cannot be overstated.

Godzilla LE was 10k, if they jack it up to 12k it would be a god dammed joke

#1107 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You guys bitching about the Queen delay...I mean it's a HUGE deal over there. This happens once or twice a century. I'm not surprised at all.
I mean...I laughed off my gf when she said last week they'd probably delay the "reveal" after I mentioned it. But clearly she was right.
There's NOTHING going on over there the next couple weeks besides the Queen. Suck it up, enjoy the photos which will leak, and keep building the anticipation. Game is gonna be awesome.

Lots of people die each day why is she so important just because she was “born into”
royalty. Her life had no more meaning than the homeless person who died on the street.

#1108 1 year ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Am I the only person who hasn't seen any of the Bond movies in this pin?

Nope.

#1109 1 year ago

Cool looking gadgets. I wish they used a stylized art style instead of the photoshop lasso tool on screen grabs of the film for the playfield art. But in all it looks fun.

#1110 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Lots of people die each day why is she so important just because she was “born into”
royalty. Her life had no more meaning than the homeless person who died on the street.

Don’t shoot the messenger dude. Take it up with England!

You sound like an idiot with this take but whatever works for ya!

Game reveals always bring out the winners around here.

#1111 1 year ago
Quoted from mr9865:

So with the delay everyone back in on a Toy Story 4?

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Stern, when they reveal the price.

You two tie for winning the internet today.

#1112 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Don’t shoot the messenger dude. Take it up with England!
You sound like an idiot.

I’m stating my opinion. No need to be a jerk about it. Then again it’s not surprising you can’t handle a difference of opinion.

#1113 1 year ago
Quoted from Methos:

I love Connery, but that film (FYEO) is my favorite. Well played.

Locque would have been a great villian in this game.

SmartSelect_20220912-170652_Chrome (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20220912-170652_Chrome (resized).jpg
#1114 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Not sure anyone is saying she is more important. She was simply an adored monarch for nearly 70 years.

#1115 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Locque would have been a great villian in this game.[quoted image]

I thought that was Lyman at first glance.

#1116 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

I’m stating my opinion. No need to be a jerk about it. Then again it’s not surprising you can’t handle a difference of opinion.

Noob:

“The entire country of England are morons for their deference of centuries of tradition and mourning of a beloved national figure. The queen sucks. People die all the time! The British are stupid and so is anybody else who isn’t celebrating her death!”

Also noob:

“Wow! Don’t be a jerk!”

This is why everybody hates noobs around here.

#1117 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Maybe to you, but not to millions, if not a billions, of other people.

She was born into royalty, but lead with grace and dignity for 70 years, united and inspired her people when they needed it, and evolved the Empire into a Commonwealth. She didn't have a single personal scandal and was universally admired by other world leaders.

You may not appreciate what she did, if you really think she had no more meaning to the world than a random bum, then you are a troll, or a jerk, or both.

#1118 1 year ago

Who’s getting the yellow James Bond?

B273F4B3-96C4-45AC-AD7A-E7EB14F3153C (resized).jpegB273F4B3-96C4-45AC-AD7A-E7EB14F3153C (resized).jpegDF149531-5100-49D8-A0E7-474E3962A801 (resized).jpegDF149531-5100-49D8-A0E7-474E3962A801 (resized).jpeg
#1119 1 year ago

Price be damned - I'm so in on an SLE! Can't decide which Bond character figures to add to the game yet.

No non-Connery movie ones of course though as that just wouldn't look right!

download (1) (resized).jpegdownload (1) (resized).jpeg

#1120 1 year ago

this is the challenge with Bond and I applaud George for going with his "Bond". In everyone's head Bond is personal, the bond they grew up with, the gadgets, the women, the car, and the villains, George has stuck with Connery so not everyone will get that but I truly hope that you all go watch the first films. The world was different back then but there are some great set pieces in all the movies. One of my favourites below:

if you imagine some other big franchises, Harry Potter for example, you get to see how hard doing a game with this much content is when everyone has a different mental model of the franchise.

#1121 1 year ago

Wondering if the tank does something when top target hit. It looks like it’s multiple pieces and not just a one piece sculpt.

#1122 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Her life had no more meaning than the homeless person who died on the street.

I'm not a royal watcher/loyalist/fan, but that's some sick shit you're spewing. Wow.

#1123 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I'm not a royal watcher/loyalist/fan, but that's some sick shit you're spewing. Wow.

Game reveals ALWAYS bring out these noob clowns. Like clockwork.

#1124 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Wondering if the tank does something when top target hit. It looks like it’s multiple pieces and not just a one piece sculpt.

Looks like that front part extends to push the captured ball off? Would be amazingly cool if so.

#1125 1 year ago
Quoted from theadicts77:

'One of the worlds greatest leaders'. Yes, did a bang on job looting all those countries the empire colonialised.

Would you rather live in the Bahamas or Haiti?......Exactly!

#1126 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

this is the challenge with Bond and I applaud George for going with his "Bond". In everyone's head Bond is personal, the bond they grew up with, the gadgets, the women, the car, and the villains, George has stuck with Connery so not everyone will get that but I truly hope that you all go watch the first films. The world was different back then but there are some great set pieces in all the movies. One of my favourites below:

if you imagine some other big franchises, Harry Potter for example, you get to see how hard doing a game with this much content is when everyone has a different mental model of the franchise.

I really like that there are 5 or 6 movies to pull from. I think that is what makes godzilla wor so well from a theme integration point of view.

#1127 1 year ago

As well as the obvious and public reason given, is there any chance Stern have also delayed it because of the excitement behind the leak and they are going to use the extra time to up those LE numbers.?

#1128 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

As well as the obvious and public reason given, is there any chance Stern have also delayed it because of the excitement behind the leak and they are going to use the extra time to up those LE numbers.?

LE is sold out.

#1129 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Looks like that front part extends to push the captured ball off? Would be amazingly cool if so.

There is a wire going to it so assume it lights up but almost looks like back is hinged.

#1130 1 year ago

I want SNL celebrity jeapordy doing the

#1131 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:Noob:
“The entire country of England are morons for their deference of centuries of tradition and mourning of a beloved national figure. The queen sucks. People die all the time! The British are stupid and so is anybody else who isn’t celebrating her death!”
Also noob:
“Wow! Don’t be a jerk!”
This is why everybody hates noobs around here.

Thanks for commenting.....
QE2 was Queen of United Kingdom and Commonwealth Realms.
What many don't understand is she was a proper grafter, she never stopped and never retired. Working non-stop until her passing.
Makes me feel ashamed when thinking of retiring before 60......lol

#1132 1 year ago

glad that the thread has now been drailed into a debate about the merits of the Royal Monarchy. I'll come back after a couple hundred posts to see if anything new has emerged!

#1133 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Wow. You really need to study history a little more. Such a ridiculous statement that bares zero common sense or logic.

#1134 1 year ago

In addition to the bond women and bond villian inserts, there is also a set of bond "henchmen" inserts below the bond women. Hard to see the images of the henchmen in the pics, but here's my assessment as to who is represented:
(a) Dr. No - Professor RJ Dent
(b) From Russia With Love - Donald Red Grant
(c) Goldfinger - OddJob
(d) Thunderball - Fiona Volfe
(e) You Only Live Twice - Mr. Osato
(f) Diamonds Are Forever - Bambi & Thumper

Since I'm not 100% sure, any confirmation or correction would be helpful. I was disappointed at first viewing of the pics by the assumption that OddJob was nowhere to be found, so glad to see he is included in the henchmen!

#1135 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Even if you feel this way, this is not the time or place.

#1136 1 year ago

So where is the scuba diver toy..... SLE item?

#1137 1 year ago

I’m willing to bet the game isn’t ready

#1138 1 year ago

Well, hall is closed now, for another 8 hours or so. We'll either get more sneaky photos tomorrow, or they'll pull the game etc.

#1139 1 year ago
Quoted from iluvak9:

In addition to the bond women and bond villian inserts, there is also a set of bond "henchmen" inserts below the bond women. Hard to see the images of the henchmen in the pics, but here's my assessment as to who is represented:
(a) Dr. No - Professor RJ Dent
(b) From Russia With Love - Donald Red Grant
(c) Goldfinger - OddJob
(d) Thunderball - Fiona Volfe
(e) You Only Live Twice - Mr. Osato
(f) Diamonds Are Forever - Bambi & Thumper
Since I'm not 100% sure, any confirmation or correction would be helpful. I was disappointed at first viewing of the pics by the assumption that OddJob was nowhere to be found, so glad to see he is included in the henchmen!

Not Bambi and Thumber, Mr Kidd and Mr Wint.

#1140 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

So where is the scuba diver toy..... SLE item?

Current theory is under the left flipper, below the playfield like the Creature shot on Monster Bash.

#1141 1 year ago

are they going top make an SLE or is this just a rumor

#1142 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Rocket could be Moonraker and jetpack could be parachute or hang glider for Roger Moore.

Forgot all about the hang glider. I guess the missile could also be repurposed for the bomb in Octopussy or a nuclear sub missile from the spy who loved me. Maybe you are on to something.

#1143 1 year ago

You guys think Stern may make future reskinned versions with other bonds? Kind of how Spooky made both Halloween and Ultraman from the same pin, I wonder if it would be doable to make a Roger Moore version, etc...

#1144 1 year ago
Quoted from Mark1971:

are they going top make an SLE or is this just a rumor

I've been following all the chatter and this is still just a rumor. Only thing Gomez confirmed was Pro, Prem, LE

#1145 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Current theory is under the left flipper, below the playfield like the Creature shot on Monster Bash.

You can see the reflection of the flipper on the pf glass. Def MB style

#1146 1 year ago

I really hope it’s Sean Connery or a Sean Connery voice impersonator doing the callouts

#1147 1 year ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

You guys think Stern may make future reskinned versions with other bonds? Kind of how Spooky made both Halloween and Ultraman from the same pin, I wonder if it would be doable to make a Roger Moore version, etc...

I seriously doubt it - it would require new playfield/cabinet/backglass art, new toys, new video assets, new licenses, etc.

I grew up watching Roger Moore as Bond and have enjoyed the Daniel Craig movies, but Sean Connery is the quintessential Bond.

#1148 1 year ago

"Villain modes start when ball is held"
Any thoughts on what this might mean? Could it be that they're rewarding the player for cradling? The right ramp is also marked for villain modes.

#1149 1 year ago

Looks like lots of components / ideas from Deadpool and Johnny Mnemonic. I think it looks like a fun play. Can't wait for the video release. Not a big fan of the art on the playfield. Premium cabinet looks cool with the posters. Kind of like GnR LE.

#1150 1 year ago

It's the bond on the stick. Look at the pictures.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,199 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 425.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 151.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.