B0646D82-852B-4304-A4CD-23B4A22BDDCF (resized).jpeg
D42D0E5A-DC87-4B80-9D62-E59D378CACBA (resized).jpeg
FB2C5C38-17F0-45D4-BCED-57EF94539DCE (resized).jpeg
E873B6CA-F0F2-4C5E-8589-E5B0B96E2CAF (resized).jpeg
ABFA1B74-F8DD-4DAE-B74F-110B222F23D0 (resized).jpeg
A8461CA8-3529-4922-9A2F-EEB6517CA7A5 (resized).jpeg
20221216_225500 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 151.
#901 1 year ago
Quoted from soren:

Seems like the swing arm mech drops the ball on completely horisontal "standup target".
Wonder if the rocket feature a new and innovative bounce the ball at the targets. Does not look like a standard pop bumper mech.
[quoted image]

There is protective foam around the rocket so it does do some sort of movement. Maybe jitters around like it's launching off.

#902 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Well, appears these games have been shipped.
Hard to control what happens after that.

That’s my point - if they don’t want this to happen then all they need to do is reveal the game before the first machine leaves the factory.

Quoted from Roostking:

You can't price gouge on a toy.

You can when you have this many people so hopelessly addicted.

#903 1 year ago

No wonder Gomez was so eager to leak details about it. Looks like such a love letter to classic Bond.

#904 1 year ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

There is protective foam around the rocket so it does do some sort of movement. Maybe jitters around like it's launching off.

My guess is it vibrates

#905 1 year ago

If this is a Connery, fair to think they're will be a Roger Moore, etc? We could be looking at a series.

#906 1 year ago

Someone said it actually launches to some extent

#907 1 year ago

Looks cool, interested to see how all the mechs play with each other and how a pro vs premium works out. Probably won't really see the premium in action outside of the reveal stream tomorrow I guess?

Quoted from Vino:

Well, appears these games have been shipped.
Hard to control what happens after that.

Then if this isn't even some sort of secret photo, for heavens sake, focus the camera before you take photos haha. Unless this is some setup for the stream tomorrow and not delivered to a location?

#908 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Someone said it actually launches to some extent

Ok I’ll say it…
“Will it smoke?”

#909 1 year ago
Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

Shipping foam someone forgot to remove. Probably an early photo by an excited geek.

#910 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

If this is a Connery, fair to think they're will be a Roger Moore, etc? We could be looking at a series.

That would be pretty amazing for them to do eras of pins.

#911 1 year ago

Does the ball flow through here to load it into the tower for the bird one multiball, with a diverter that pops out? That could be a very satisfying shot...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#912 1 year ago

Is this an upwards facing but otherwise standard scoop mech? Interesting.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#913 1 year ago

Pro - Dr No
Premium - You Only Live Twice
LE Thunderball

#914 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

I'm glad the left the helmet off of Bond on the Jetpack. That really made him look like a dork.
[quoted image]

Exactly. Nobody wore helmets when riding Jetpacks in the 60's and 70's.

#915 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

Pro - Dr No
Premium - You Only Live Twice
LE Thunderball

any SLE?

#916 1 year ago

Supposedly a 60th anniversary edition is coming

#917 1 year ago

I think George and the Stern team have totally nailed this. Some of you are not so happy with the artwork but again this is the artwork of the era - I can't wait until my Thunderball edition arrives. Will have to try and get Tom Jones to sign it!

#918 1 year ago
Quoted from chooch:

Supposedly a 60th anniversary edition is coming

So will this be considered a KaPow release?

#919 1 year ago

The playfield looks good, but that Only Live Twice on the premium looks like a terrible choice.

#920 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I think George and the Stern team have totally nailed this. Some of you are not so happy with the artwork but again this is the artwork of the era - I can't wait until my Thunderball edition arrives. Will have to try and get Tom Jones to sign it!

Exactly right I love the art and the playfield it gives the feel of the era!! Any pics of the Thunderball edition?

#921 1 year ago

things look better in the flesh.

#922 1 year ago

The music/video assets and theme integration could take this into A+ status

#923 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’m wondering if the missile moves or rises out of PF, foam stuffed around it so I’m thinking it moves.

I mean, just how sexual do you want this thing to be? I feel it is phallic enough.

#924 1 year ago
Quoted from Beebl:

Does the ball flow through here to load it into the tower for the bird one multiball, with a diverter that pops out? That could be a very satisfying shot...[quoted image]

Does the ball go behind the tower and into an elevator or vuk and then into lock?

Maybe rocket comes up and releases balls?

#925 1 year ago

I am sooo glad Stern went with early 2000's art on this. That was my favorite era of playfield artwork.

#926 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

The music/video assets and theme integration could take this into A+ status

Jerry will have nailed the audio no doubt about it. He smashed it on Mando.

#927 1 year ago

this might actually be the controlled environment, like a soft (leak) release to get the speculation into overdrive, which is working

#929 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

There is a slide behind the targets. 3 positions ball trough with uppost release.

#930 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

things look better in the flesh.

which means your looking at it now Neil?

cant wait to see the game too

#931 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

The playfield looks good, but that Only Live Twice on the premium looks like a terrible choice.

I actually love it!

#932 1 year ago
Quoted from fourvdean:

this might actually be the controlled environment, like a soft (leak) release to get the speculation into overdrive, which is working

its probably also raining TS4 reservation cancellations all around those distros due to this release..

#933 1 year ago

I already see the modders at work, lol

SPECTREBirdOne-Capture-Main (resized).jpgSPECTREBirdOne-Capture-Main (resized).jpg
#934 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Does the ball go behind the tower and into an elevator or vuk and then into lock?

Or perhaps magnets in the front where it locks two balls at the base of the rocket.

#935 1 year ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:I don’t understand how this keeps happening. It’s hard to feel bad for them when all they have to do to control the narrative is to release their promo images before the first game leaves the factory. That’s the controlled environment.
It’s also hard to feel bad for them because they’ve been gouging us with never ending price increases for years now, but that’s another topic entirely.

#936 1 year ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I actually love it!

agreed, it's exactly the artwork from the movie. Sure you can "modernise it" but I prefer the original and this art suits the game to a T from my POV.

I just went by SIS and Q branch has been totally raided for this pinball machine!

#937 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Any idea what's going on under the upper flipper?

Pussy Galore

#939 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Or perhaps magnets in the front where it locks two balls at the base of the rocket.

well played

#940 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I dig the artwork because it tells me that George set out to make this as campy and fun as he possibly could. In my opinion that is what a Bond pinball machine should be and damn it looks like GG and team have delivered. Personally I would prefer campy old school James Bond art over a slick stylized approach. Not saying they couldn't have done it differently or better, just saying I like the tone of what I'm seeing.

#941 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Best guess is the pro art will be based on this poster.
amazon.com link »

Yea they said Dr no is the Pro model. So is the right side art the montage of posters on all models?

#942 1 year ago
Quoted from fourvdean:

Maybe not controlled. But these could very well be the stream games for tomorrow being set up. Someone taking some candid cell pics (thus lack of focus control) as they were setting things up. But honestly when I would go get footage of places you're not supposed to take photos... shoot video and then pull in focus screen grabs later.

#943 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Yea they said Dr no is the Pro model. So is the right side art the montage of posters on all models?

So a yea on no? For the pro.

#944 1 year ago

id rather have a smooth shooting game with mediocre artwork, then a good looking turd shooting game in an enclosed box..

so yeah good Job Stern on this!

if im busy playing this game hardcore i wont have the time or ability to drool on the great looking playfield anyways, when i play this all i care for if this shoots nice and right, and it looks like Bond have those assets, so yeah this game will be a top 10 release!

#945 1 year ago

Nice retro-feel to it. Fits with the theme. Colour coded inserts with few (major shot arrows) being multi-colour. And - look mom no playfield screen.

Looks awesome. Cant wait for play videos and reports.

#946 1 year ago
Quoted from soren:

Is this an upwards facing but otherwise standard scoop mech? Interesting.
[quoted image]

Looks like you enter the scoop behind the flipper and then it shoots it upward from the scoop you pointed out. A quick turn arund like Data east JP but the other direction.

#947 1 year ago
Quoted from Beebl:

Does the ball flow through here to load it into the tower for the bird one multiball, with a diverter that pops out? That could be a very satisfying shot...[quoted image]

How about that LOCK insert you drew right over?

#948 1 year ago

who's doing rules?

#949 1 year ago

Interested in an LE if anyone has any leads! Big Thunderball guy here

#950 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

who's doing rules?

7x playfield multiplier? My guess is Dwight

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 79.99
$ 55.00
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 19.95
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 385.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 151.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club/page/19?hl=bigsilverpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.