B0646D82-852B-4304-A4CD-23B4A22BDDCF (resized).jpeg
D42D0E5A-DC87-4B80-9D62-E59D378CACBA (resized).jpeg
FB2C5C38-17F0-45D4-BCED-57EF94539DCE (resized).jpeg
E873B6CA-F0F2-4C5E-8589-E5B0B96E2CAF (resized).jpeg
ABFA1B74-F8DD-4DAE-B74F-110B222F23D0 (resized).jpeg
A8461CA8-3529-4922-9A2F-EEB6517CA7A5 (resized).jpeg
20221216_225500 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 151.
#7101 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Yeah I created an owners thread. I manage the Godzilla as well.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-james-bond-007-owners-club

Too late, one was started yesterday.

#7102 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Now there are two. Someone decide.

#7104 1 year ago

It's kinda odd that club thread is in the Stern subforum, and the Bond club thread in the club subforum was the one closed.

#7105 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It's kinda odd that club thread is in the Stern subforum, and the Bond club thread in the club subforum was the one closed.

I'm sure the mods can change the subforum category, it was the first club thread created so it gets to remain.

#7106 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

I'm sure the mods can change the subforum category, it was the first club thread created so it gets to remain.

In title only, this was the first created, but whatever works I guess. I'm new so what do I know

#7107 1 year ago

My last post in any Bond thread until there is a clear winner LOL

#7108 1 year ago

moderators step in and make one club .....

#7109 1 year ago

Close them all and wait for an actual owner open it. Haven’t seen an owner in any of these yet.

#7110 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

It helps if you put it in the correct subforum to start with
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/forum/clubs-members-only

#7111 1 year ago
Quoted from Scoundress:

In title only, this was the first created, but whatever works I guess. I'm new so what do I know

I really could give two shits which one the mods pick to remain, just going by their past actions.

#7112 1 year ago
Quoted from Scoundress:

You don't rename prior threads to owner threads. There is convention for this set by the owner of the forum. Owner threads can't be started until games are shipping and you can't rename an existing thread. Plus Club threads have their own subforum (and pinside doesn't have a move thread feature) so you can't start a non-club thread in the club forum and then later rename it, etc. There are a few owner threads that have been grandfathered or exceptions made, but that's the exception, not the norm.

Owner threads were started to directly steer clear of all the speculation/etc that happens PRIOR to a game or general commentary from non-owners. So repurposing an old thread doesn't meet any of those objectives and why they are created later.

#7113 1 year ago

Got mine out on location in Springfield Mo!

5534E4CC-9174-4378-BDA6-3DD3604B9120 (resized).jpeg5534E4CC-9174-4378-BDA6-3DD3604B9120 (resized).jpeg
#7114 1 year ago

I understand that Stern mark their prototype games and promotional material as **subject to change**, however, I cannot be the only person that is disappointed when we see details like this missing in the production runs.

The image on the left is from a production game and on the right is the promotional material from Stern’s website.

How many would like stern to add this back in?

B84E4936-1F1C-4B54-836C-2DA6DCA8E01A (resized).jpegB84E4936-1F1C-4B54-836C-2DA6DCA8E01A (resized).jpeg

#7115 1 year ago
Quoted from jdoz2:

Got mine out on location in Springfield Mo!
[quoted image]

I'm really digging the yellow cabinet, looks great in a lineup.

#7116 1 year ago
Quoted from Had:

I understand that Stern mark their prototype games and promotional material as **subject to change**, however, I cannot be the only person that is disappointed when we see details like this missing in the production runs.
The image on the left is from a production game and on the right is the promotional material from Stern’s website.
[quoted image]

Personally I didn't notice and don't really care about it.

#7117 1 year ago
Quoted from Had:

[quoted image]

I'm sure some mod maker will make a vinyl sticker to fix that up. Most people won't notice it's changed and 7 more cents will go onto Stern's bottom line by cutting it.

#7118 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You don't rename prior threads to owner threads. ... Owner threads were started to directly steer clear of all the speculation/etc that happens PRIOR to a game or general commentary from non-owners. So repurposing an old thread doesn't meet any of those objectives and why they are created later.

Yep - dem's da rules!

The surviving Bond "Owners" thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-owners-club

#7119 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'm sure some mod maker will make a vinyl sticker to fix that up. Most people won't notice it's changed and 7 more cents will go onto Stern's bottom line by cutting it.

I agree, seven more cents indeed. I’m not regretting my pro purchase, albeit I haven’t received the game, but it is a little disappointing to hear; the premium pops fire at the same time; this tiny decal is missing and; the coil to shake the wobble rocket was also cut. At the end of the day, hopefully everyone feels like we receive good bang for our bucks.

#7120 1 year ago
Quoted from Had:

I agree, seven more cents indeed. I’m not regretting my pro purchase, albeit I haven’t received the game, but it is a little disappointing to hear; the premium pops fire at the same time; this tiny decal is missing and; the coil to shake the wobble rocket was also cut. At the end of the day, hopefully everyone feels like we receive good bang for our bucks.

Meh. It's Stern. It all comes down to code. If it's good in the end, people will forget (or at least forgive) the niggles. I'm just anxious to PLAY it after this LOOOOOONG rollout wait. Should have mine next week.

#7122 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Since games no longer depreciate as a rule but retain their value in the HUO market (our fault), this makes them a great way of making money if you have a related coin op business.

This is not true!

I have turned down GnR LE (like new) with $500 in mods at an offered price of $9500 (we are talking a delivered price of $11-12K if you want to factor in shipping and mod) it would have had to be $8500 for me to consider it. I can point to several GnR LE even one still NIB that are selling for under MSRP so the buyer of that one said he bought 2 with an intention for the second. It's pretty clear that his intention was to flip it for a profit when it became the next Tron LE (in price appreciation) that has not occurred and he want's to get some money back even if he takes a loss.

Need we look at Ultra-man and TS4 and I dare say in time other pins will drop quite a bit, there is bound to be a softening in the market when Keith releases his next cornerstone pin and no matter what excitement is at release not every pin is going to end up in the top10.

Dealers still have TS4 CE they can't unload, that's not a good look and dare I say some dealers might have allocations of Bond LE they have not sold yet. I have been offered Bond LE no markup several times now.

I'm not pissing on Bond but rather the price, and when in the very recent past people could have bought 2 Stern premiums for $13K now they are expected to park that in one pin? I suspect although we have deep pockets there is somewhat of a pinball budget for many that we might say we are spending X amount for the year or for the 3 year period and sometimes pins can be good just outside of the budget.

#7123 1 year ago

BTW just watched the second Bond movie 'From Russia With Love' and had watched 'Dr No' two months ago. I prefer From Russia better of the two enjoyed the fight sequence in the train car and think Bond had a bit more swagger.

#7124 1 year ago

It is more like an official first code release.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#7125 1 year ago

I feel stirred, Not shaken!

I played the Pro version yesterday. We have a brand new machine at one of our nicest local arcades, the Super Abari Game Bar in Charlotte, NC.

Well, first impression. The workmanship looks very high quality, solid and clean. Plus, Stern packed a lot of licensed content, I.e., footage, imagery, and sound effects. Though, they seem a bit out of place at times. The design and the integration of classical movie art could be better. That being said, the playfield art doesn't look flooded but balanced, not clustered. The “Dr. NO” is really in the face and I don’t think the yellow works very well here.

The "Love Rocket" stands out, and the Aston Martin is a nice gimmick. In play, the playfield seems rather simplistic, and the gameplay is a brutal and not as satisfying for non-professionals like me. Many of the game related comments in other threads seem to be true. The ball drains quickly unless you get physical. It could be more of a pro game. BSD and Shadow are brutal, too, so it may be more satisfying in the long run!? Also, in general, why should we have to dive deep into a manual to understand the rules these days!?

James Bond is about Action, Women, Cars, Charm, a bit of Slapstick (originally), and, most of all, cool Tech Gimmicks.

Considering it's a Bond theme, I would have packed this machine with more mechs on par with Twilight Zone and trimmed the licensed content. Used a LED color DMD with slapstick style animations/sounds and created a beautiful translite based on the classic movie posters with stunning bond girl action on the cabinet.

I'm sorry to say this: great build quality aside, SEGA may have done better in capturing the theme. Looking at the graphics, the sound, the mechs, the Slapstick on Goldenye. (for a 90’s game)

Stern may have missed the mark here. Godzilla and/or Deadpool are better games, although I don't quite get the hype. Personally, I really enjoy Ghostbusters, it is probably one of the nicest current (2010+) Stern games. I am not a fan of the big LCDs. Admittedly I'm old school, biased, and new to the hobby.

Pinball machines are mechanical works of art.
A great pinball is fun to play and beautiful to look at.

IMG_4081 (resized).jpegIMG_4081 (resized).jpegIMG_4082 (resized).jpegIMG_4082 (resized).jpeg

#7126 1 year ago

We got one at my local watering hole on the wed before thanksgiving. I've put numerous games on it by now plus what I played at chicago expo. So far...layout is ok. Some things I like, some are kind of clunky. Code is very very basic right now. Has potential to turn into something worthwhile, but as of right now its just ok but not mind blowing. Art looks much better in person as I said. Translite choice is still baffling. I've already witnessed numerous casual folks expressing confusion over it

#7127 1 year ago

Does Bond’s super long legs on the playfield bother anybody else? He’d probably be 7 foot if drawing was accurate. WTF. Why are his legs so frickin long?

#7128 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Does Bond’s super long legs on the playfield bother anybody else? He’d probably be 7 foot if drawing was accurate. WTF. Why are his legs so frickin long?

More concerned about his crossed legs pose, a bit girly if you ask me. Roger Moore was much more manly in his posters...

MoonrakerPoster (resized).jpgMoonrakerPoster (resized).jpg
#7129 1 year ago

Doesn't bother me much but it does remind me a bit of the exaggerated Pointy People artwork from Williams in the 70's.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#7130 1 year ago

Is this game the goat? Gomez’s best? Superior to Zilla?

#7131 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Lets get passed the infatuation/honeymoon phase first.

#7132 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

BTW just watched the second Bond movie 'From Russia With Love' and had watched 'Dr No' two months ago. I prefer From Russia better of the two enjoyed the fight sequence in the train car and think Bond had a bit more swagger.

The fight scene in "From Russia, with Love" is still one of the all-time greats fights in cinema. It's so brutal (especially for 1963) that when most cable networks air it, they cut out major portions and just show an abbreviated, 15 second version.

#7133 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Ask again in 3 years IF the code is even complete by then.

#7134 1 year ago

Anyone hear when their LE will be produced/shipped?

#7135 1 year ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Anyone hear when their LE will be produced/shipped?

Jan

#7136 1 year ago

Nov 2022 - Bond Pro (for locations only)
Nov 2022 - Star Wars Home Edition (original & comic art)
Nov 2022 - Jurassic Park Home Edition
Dec 2022 - Bond LE
Dec 2022 - TMNT Pros & Premium (finish earlier run)
Dec 2022 - LZ Premium (finish earlier run)
Jan 2023 - Bond Premium
Jan 2023 - Bond 60th
Jan 2023 - Bond Pro (home buyers)
Feb 2023 - Bond Premium
Feb 2023 - Elvira Premium
Feb 2023 - Godzilla Premium

#7137 1 year ago
Quoted from Svente69:

Nov 2022 - Bond Pro (for locations only)
Nov 2022 - Star Wars Home Edition (original & comic art)
Nov 2022 - Jurassic Park Home Edition
Dec 2022 - Bond LE
Dec 2022 - TMNT Pros & Premium (finish earlier run)
Dec 2022 - LZ Premium (finish earlier run)
Jan 2023 - Bond Premium
Jan 2023 - Bond 60th
Jan 2023 - Bond Pro (home buyers)
Feb 2023 - Bond Premium
Feb 2023 - Elvira Premium
Feb 2023 - Godzilla Premium

Hoped to see more JP Prems in there

#7138 1 year ago

Got to try and win this 860K so I can afford a bond. LE.
The slot machine has every bond

PXL_20221128_204107381 (resized).jpgPXL_20221128_204107381 (resized).jpg
#7139 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Got to try and win this 860K so I can afford a bond. LE.
The slot machine has every bond
[quoted image]

I wonder how many movie clips used in that slot machine will also be in the Elwin Bond. I bet a lot

#7140 1 year ago

Haha this is hilarious

#7141 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I wonder how many movie clips used in that slot machine will also be in the Elwin Bond. I bet a lot

I would bet very few if any. It's a single level game with score reels and a programmer that last coded 90's pinball machines. Probably a much smaller team working on it than the typical Stern release. I think the action and fun will be on the playfield.

#7142 1 year ago

Stern’s new James Bond is likely one of the worst pinball machines ever created in terms of gameplay. It's just extremely poor. Try it! I am incredibly disappointed. I can’t comprehend how a competent manufacturer can market something like this without remorse. It’s just below par. What's going on? It's not like the other manufacturers are doing much better these days...

#7143 1 year ago
Quoted from Invictus:

Stern’s new James Bond is likely one of the worst pinball machines ever created in terms of gameplay. It's just extremely poor. Try it! I am incredibly disappointed. I can’t comprehend how a competent manufacturer can market something like this without remorse. It’s just below par. What's going on? It's not like the other manufacturers are doing much better these days...

This will go over well

#7144 1 year ago
#7145 1 year ago
#7146 1 year ago
Quoted from Invictus:

Hmmm…interesting.
What don’t you like about it?
Look if you don’t like it, that’s cool too.
I have played it and I enjoyed it.
The upper left flipper will be very important to score well and advance IMO. Kind of like Rush upper right flipper.

#7147 1 year ago
Quoted from Invictus:

Lol

#7148 1 year ago
Quoted from Invictus:

Every good Bond story requires a good villain. What should we call you, Flipperfinger?

#7149 1 year ago
Quoted from Invictus:

Could you please let us know what you do not like about the game?

Moaning about a game without saying why just sounds like trolling to me

#7150 1 year ago

Have you guys noticed a pattern with new releases. Rinse and repeat

The code sucks-blah blah blah
It plays like crap-blah blah blah
The toys do nothing-blah blah blah

Stern pinball machines are like a fine wine-they get better with age

Think about it-what modern Stern machine is a dog? Only one machine comes to mind and the layout just did not do it for me-WWE

So only one machine in the last decade has been subpar? Wow

Bond will be a great game-good to have some faith

I am interested but sitting on sidelines waiting to see how they implement hurry up with jetpack. This will help me figure out if Pro is the way to go or not. Not in any hurry and have zero FOMO(so I have that going for me)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pleasanton, CA
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 55.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 385.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

11,500 (Firm)
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 19.95
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
New York, NY
Machine - For Sale
Butler, PA
There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 151.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club/page/143?hl=troys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.