B0646D82-852B-4304-A4CD-23B4A22BDDCF (resized).jpeg
D42D0E5A-DC87-4B80-9D62-E59D378CACBA (resized).jpeg
FB2C5C38-17F0-45D4-BCED-57EF94539DCE (resized).jpeg
E873B6CA-F0F2-4C5E-8589-E5B0B96E2CAF (resized).jpeg
ABFA1B74-F8DD-4DAE-B74F-110B222F23D0 (resized).jpeg
A8461CA8-3529-4922-9A2F-EEB6517CA7A5 (resized).jpeg
20221216_225500 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 151.
#651 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Or buying into all this ‘limited amount’ garbage anymore.

how come you‘re so obsessed with LE or SLE models? Is someone pressuring you to buy one? Or is it your own inner conflict you‘re keen to bring to the pinside community? - maybe for our advice?

#652 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Tuesdays reveal will be exciting*to see but…
1). Excitement heavily based on what’s being presented weighed against cost.
2). Quantity offered. Not chasing after 1 of 100! Or buying into all this ‘limited amount’ garbage anymore. Previous post said SLE buyer already took a 6k hit cuz most aren’t buying $25-30k for ONE pin.
3). Stern has changed the model designs and left stuff out based on reality vs. bom or just plain old mech failures after such cornerstone offerings. Best to come to a slow simmer rather than a quick boil on anything pin related last two years. Yeah, aimed more at JJP than Stern but still applies.

Agree w all of this....like the theme alot, and always high expectations/ hopes at this point. Cant imagine this one will be different from latest offerings:

More - $$$ ...goes without saying

Different versions- guaranteed, along w relating bitching in the threads.

Topper- Thin to zero chance included, regardless of price. They've already figured out a $1k plus option that we " need", lol.

Value- Is that even a word for these things? Just hoping for a nice toy that I'll want (as Im paying for it)

#653 1 year ago

Chris and track record - I don't think I need to say more.

So UK pricing for LE likely to be 14K that's says to me that LE pricing is up at $750ish.

Neil.

#655 1 year ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Chris and track record - I don't think I need to say more.
So UK pricing for LE likely to be 14K that's says to me that LE pricing is up at $750ish.
Neil.

no more 9-10k LE's......crazy times.

#656 1 year ago

Jaws ball locked perhaps?

Screenshot 2022-09-12 2.09.26 AM (resized).pngScreenshot 2022-09-12 2.09.26 AM (resized).png
#657 1 year ago
Quoted from RGR:

[quoted image]

That would be cool, but they have so many different ways they could go. My mind is going in so many different directions. lol I'm looking forward to seeing the reveal next week for sure.

#658 1 year ago
Quoted from RGR:

[quoted image]

Lock them next to each other to form the "teeth".

#659 1 year ago
Quoted from RGR:

[quoted image]

Lucky then Borg isn’t on Bond we would have got a recycled GOTG layout, with a JAWS ball lock in place of Groot.

#660 1 year ago

Sometimes it's not great to have so much latitude. Maybe focusing on a single movie would make for a better game. Who knows? I don't have a creative bone in my body. So best left for the professionals I guess.

#661 1 year ago

Looking forward to see what George Gomez came up with. Short of the Avengers and the Transformers, I enjoy all other games he has designed since LOTR (Batman, Beatles, Deadpool and Heavy Metal) for Stern and all the games he took part of at Williams short of RFM. Hope it is another success! Gomez has original ideas.

#662 1 year ago

Cork screw ramp???

#663 1 year ago
Quoted from RGR:

Just hoping it doesn't get screwed like Star Wars

Not likely. SR seemed to be in a design rut which he blamed on Stern, but Deadpool shows that Gomez is still in his creative prime.

Quoted from J85M:

Lucky then Borg isn’t on Bond we would have got a recycled GOTG layout, with a JAWS ball lock in place of Groot.

To be fair, TMNT and Rush are really fun to shoot.

#664 1 year ago

Yeah tbh thank god SR aint on it. Side saucers getting kinda boring.

#665 1 year ago

Stern’s finally giving in to a wide body…

#666 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

I doubt we will see a topper on bond anytime soon, even if there is a SLE.
They are currently 3 toppers behind! Mandalorian, Rush and Godzilla.
Would be cool though

Not to mention other toppers people want like imdn and bksor

#667 1 year ago

Any photo leaks?

#668 1 year ago

Gomez can’t botch this. The stakes are too high. His legacy will be forever ruined and his family disgraced for generations to come.

#669 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Gomez can’t botch this. The stakes are too high. His legacy will be forever ruined and his family disgraced for generations to come.

Wow! Who knew 1 bad pinball design could have that much power…

I’m hoping bond is amazing but I think Gomez has enough under his belt that he would be just fine, even if bond did not live up to the hype!

His legacy is already in place and he has already proven he is one of the greatest pinball designers. Anything else is just extra frosting on the cake! Plus, he has the advantage of seeing what Pat Lawlor just did

I’m sure you were just joking but I just wanted to jump on the chance to gush over my homey Gomey
He’s always been one of my favorites and I’m hoping to add another one of his games to my lineup.

#670 1 year ago

Yep!

Just nobody had posted any of them or mentioned it for some reason. You’d think it would be big news!

#671 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Wow, is he part of the mofia?

#672 1 year ago

New Super Awesome Pinball Podcast, Franchi makes it crystal clear that he is not working with Stern, with no hope for future work.

Get ready for Licencer approved 60th anniversary Boring Artwork.

This news is completely awful, Stern has decided they're not gonna work with the best Artist in Pinball, and rely on Bland Cartoony artwork.

Big disappointment.

#673 1 year ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

New Super Awesome Pinball Podcast, Franchi makes it crystal clear that he is not working with Stern, with no hope for future work.
This news is completely awful, Stern has decided they're not gonna work with the best Artist in Pinball, and rely on Bland Cartoony artwork.
Big disappointment.

Big loss for Stern (and us) but there’s a ton of other talent out there.

#674 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Wow! Who knew 1 bad pinball design could have that much power…
I’m hoping bond is amazing but I think Gomez has enough under his belt that he would be just fine, even if bond did not live up to the hype!
His legacy is already in place and he has already proven he is one of the greatest pinball designers. Anything else is just extra frosting on the cake! Plus, he has the advantage of seeing what Pat Lawlor just did
I’m sure you were just joking but I just wanted to jump on the chance to gush over my homey Gomey
He’s always been one of my favorites and I’m hoping to add another one of his games to my lineup.

“No Mr. Gomez I expect you to die”

#675 1 year ago

Maybe they will replace the center action button with a GORF joystick for a video mode !

#676 1 year ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Big disappointment.

Bland cartoony artwork? Where have you heard that is the style Stern are going with?

There are plenty of incredible Bond artists out there, look at the retro style bond posters that get drawn up and approved by MGM/EoN they are fantastic.

#677 1 year ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Maybe they will replace the center action button with a GORF joystick for a video mode !

Yes! You could use it for a video ski chase scene, or flying in the jet pack..I dig this

#678 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Bland cartoony artwork? Where have you heard that is the style Stern are going with?
There are plenty of incredible Bond artists out there, look at the retro style bond posters that get drawn up and approved by MGM/EoN they are fantastic.

Hoping for the best.... but the no Franchi news sucks... we'll see Tuesday....

#679 1 year ago
Quoted from bladerunner:

Looking forward to see what George Gomez came up with. Short of the Avengers and the Transformers, I enjoy all other games he has designed since LOTR (Batman, Beatles, Deadpool and Heavy Metal) for Stern and all the games he took part of at Williams short of RFM. Hope it is another success! Gomez has original ideas.

I can see Avengers a bit, but even there and with TF especially, IMO it's the code that lets those games down. Gomez still had a pretty interesting layout and some unique features/mechs with both. Heck, I still want a TF despite the lackluster, wood-choppy code...

I'm definitely excited to see what he came up with here for Bond.

#680 1 year ago

Feel Randy Martinez did a nice job with Mando.
I’d be happy with his work.

#681 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

bond posters .

You might be onto something

#682 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

This is what I've been wanting and hoping for snice the beginning. My hopes sky rocketed when Gomez said that Sean Connery was his favorite Bond.
Fingers crossed for this guy.

#683 1 year ago
Quoted from KrisGonzo:

You might be onto something

is that a hint sir

i enjoy your videos by the way

#684 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

is that a hint sir

Maybe the original post that lead to the hint was in fact a hint

AA902870-FA53-480B-97E5-04EAFAA49D6A.gifAA902870-FA53-480B-97E5-04EAFAA49D6A.gif
#685 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Maybe the original post that lead to the hint was in fact a hint [quoted image]

hints within hints wrapped in other hints

edit: and you're both in the UK where the game will first be revealed
urkel.gifurkel.gif

#686 1 year ago

Does anyone remember why Franchi was bounced by Stern? I remember he had done something that was the kind of thing you expect to get fired for, but can't remember what it was...

#687 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Does anyone remember why Franchi was bounced by Stern? I remember he had done something that was the kind of thing you expect to get fired for, but can't remember what it was...

I believe it was the Munster leaks to Kaneda

#688 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I believe it was the Munster leaks to Kaneda

Or some combo of that, and the selling of prints at the pin shows, of licensed Stern active properties. At least that was floated around as well.

#689 1 year ago
Quoted from bladerunner:

George probably does not get enough recognition or notice of what a great designer he is and the great games he has put out.
Corvette (1994)
Johnny Mnemonic (1995)
NBA Fastbreak (1997)
Monster Bash (1998)
Revenge From Mars (1999)
Playboy (2002)
The Lord of the Rings (2003)[3]
The Sopranos (2005)[4]
Batman (pinball) (2007)
Transformers (pinball) (2011)
The Avengers (2012)
Batman 66 (2016)
Spider-Man The Pin (2017) (consumer game)
Supreme (2017) (Private Label)
The Beatles (2018)
Deadpool (2018)
Star Wars Pin (2019) (consumer game)

He definitely loves pinball and glad he's still making games and not just running Stern on the business side.

#690 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

Can't delete it, so it's a no-post, post :{

#691 1 year ago
Quoted from Crumbalimb:

Franchi said on a podcast that he was not getting enough work so he moved on.But guess thats what a lot of people say when they get fired.

Found the thread, here area couple of the upvoted answers...

"Seems like Franchi just can't keep his mouth shut about a variety of topics that amount to airing too much of the dirty laundry. I am sure Stern didn't appreciate a lot of that. Wouldn't be surprised if they don't give him another project."

"It has nothing to do with politics. Stern is running a business and dealing with major licencors. If Franchi leaks art in violation of the terms of a license, or burns a bridge with a licencor costing Stern a deal, then real people suffer. Stern loses money, Stern might have to lay off people. "Sorry you are getting laid off, but our art guy's just got no filter, unlike all the other adults who understand how to behave at work."

#692 1 year ago

I can imagine Franchi got on the wrong side of some at Stern, there used to be some quite delicate people there, especially in the social media and marketing departments back in the day and Franchi is quite a “character” maybe that didn’t go down well with some.

#693 1 year ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Big disappointment.

Pinball hobiests have endured many years of poor art, particularly from Stern during the photoshop years... the games are still fun to play. If its not the best art its not a deal breaker and tomorrow the sun will rise. Just wait before judgement. It may turn out a great package.

#694 1 year ago
Quoted from branlon8:

how come you‘re so obsessed with LE or SLE models? Is someone pressuring you to buy one? Or is it your own inner conflict you‘re keen to bring to the pinside community? - maybe for our advice?

Bond films are a part of my adult life. Theme for this title is important to me. But I just don’t enjoy watching price increases over and over without the same increases implemented into the game itself. Absolutely inner conflict my astute comrade.

#695 1 year ago

Excited to see what they come up with! Must admit I still may wait to see what Elwin comes up with next. Right now I like his designs best!

#696 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

Thumbs up for the laugh! Picturing a big Jaws head on the playfield that eats the ball hungry hungry hippo style.

#697 1 year ago

who is heading to IAAPA UK?

Neil.

#698 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I can imagine Franchi got on the wrong side of some at Stern, there used to be some quite delicate people there, especially in the social media and marketing departments back in the day and Franchi is quite a “character” maybe that didn’t go down well with some.

that's exactly what happened.

#699 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

is that a hint sir

Thanks mate . . . .

#700 1 year ago

Word on the street... could be old news hahaha

Screenshot_20220912-082544_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220912-082544_Chrome (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
New York, NY
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 425.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,199 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 151.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.