B0646D82-852B-4304-A4CD-23B4A22BDDCF (resized).jpeg
D42D0E5A-DC87-4B80-9D62-E59D378CACBA (resized).jpeg
FB2C5C38-17F0-45D4-BCED-57EF94539DCE (resized).jpeg
E873B6CA-F0F2-4C5E-8589-E5B0B96E2CAF (resized).jpeg
ABFA1B74-F8DD-4DAE-B74F-110B222F23D0 (resized).jpeg
A8461CA8-3529-4922-9A2F-EEB6517CA7A5 (resized).jpeg
20221216_225500 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 151.
#6451 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

That's just early code, but I dont blame people for feeling that way. Thankfully you'll be able to get a bond pro any time in the next few years and can make that decision after the additional songs are put in.
As an "enthusiast" I tend to breeze over flaws and find something to get excited about, so take that with a grain of salt, but talking to GG at expo, putting dozens of plays on Bond and listening to interviews you can hear the passion that Gomez has for this IP. That's kind of a hard stop for me. He's said there's a ton of music, tons of audio/visual from the movies etc. Just listening to him talk about the dozens of options for the spinner sound tells me how invested he is in this pin sounding right.
I can also deduce from the launch that Stern wasnt ready to launch this when they had to contractually and this code will be developing slower than most recent games.
I'm probably weird in that I really enjoy having an early Stern out of the box and each time there's a code update I get excited to see/hear what has changed. Sometimes it's like having a brand new machine.
Now, I've got a limit on that like my early UM that wasnt coded enough to be enjoyable, but I've got so many games on Bond I know that's just not the case.
You'll love DP pro, it's a monster. My DP is never leaving the collection. I wouldn't be surprised if you get a Dr. No in the future and love that too.
Happy Flipping,

Thank you for taking the time to write this up. After seeing all the cancellations I was starting to have some doubts. I currently have budget for two machines in 2023. One new Stern and one B/W. I currently have a deposit on a Bond Premium but I also want Iron Maiden and a Dead Pool. I'm torn but may end up moving my deposit when the next run of Maiden comes up. Nice to hear positive things about Bond though.

I am literally in the same boat. Struggling not to move my premium Bond to an IM or DP...

#6452 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

That’s the only thing that kinda sucks about my Iron Maiden.

They're amazing! Lifelong metal guy though (90% death/black) but they're legends -love their music. But totally appreciate the opinion which is why music is awesome. Some styles for everyone.

#6453 1 year ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

I am literally in the same boat. Struggling not to move my premium Bond to an IM or DP...

In the long term can’t go wrong with any of the three but it could be last call on DP and IMDN next time. On the other hand paying $9700 for these older titles is getting a bit wild. Might be better to play the lightly used market next year if others get their Bonds etc……..

#6454 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I don’t know if I have ever listened to an entire Iron Maiden song in my life. Never liked their music, but the game is awesome!!!
I wanna convert the music to Ozzy, then I have an Ozzy pin and no Bond on a wand.

Calm down Ozzy is coming.

#6455 1 year ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

Im having similar thoughts on the LE i have reserved. I havent been asked to pay yet. And i kind of really want one of those new TNAs. And would have money left for the golden tee i have coming…

#6456 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

Calm down Ozzy is coming.

I kinda hope not, we wouldn’t be able to understand the callouts

#6457 1 year ago
Quoted from aaron6920:

In the long term can’t go wrong with any of the three but it could be last call on DP and IMDN next time. On the other hand paying $9700 for these older titles is getting a bit wild. Might be better to play the lightly used market next year if others get their Bonds etc……..

Yeah that's true. Maybe I'll just wait for one of the others to pop up local(ish) and see if I'm at a point I'm ready to splurge.

#6458 1 year ago

Selling my spot for the Bond LE Nov build.
Stern is asking for payment and I’ll not a Connery Bond guy. $14k shipping & taxes included.
First come first serve.
Thanks!

#6459 1 year ago
Quoted from BradLinden:

I do not think the stats support that "the majority" of games are going into private collections today.

Really? Ok...where are your "stats" coming from? I have no problem being wrong if you have actual data! No doubt that public places to play pinball have improved over the past decade, however it still seems like the home market is responsible for a majority of new pinball sales.

#6460 1 year ago

I'm all in on a pro and excited for them to roll out to us. Looks like fun shots, the music/art fits the theme and excited to see the code evolve.

#6461 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Really? Ok...where are your "stats" coming from? I have no problem being wrong if you have actual data! No doubt that public places to play pinball have improved over the past decade, however it still seems like the home market is responsible for a majority of new pinball sales.

I also think the home market is larger. Somebody can probably look up individual recent games on Pinball Map (https://pinballmap.com/map) and compare to ownership stats on Pinside for those games.

Better yet, look at the totals. "Pinball Map is currently listing a total of 8,244 locations and 32,972 machines."
There are 93,569 Pinsiders. Even if each person only owned one game, that's three times as many games as are on location. (I don't see a total for Pinsider-owned collections but let me know if you can find it or calculate it.)

These don't include every location or every owner, but that's some pretty good data to start.

#6462 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Because the node boards are full with OTHER stuff that is in a premium that isn't in a pro?

Why is this hard for people to grasp? Fixed # of drivers available... pick how you use them.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I get the explanation - you aren't gonna add a node board for a single pop - but like week old chicken, it just don't taste right!

I'm wondering what is using all the drivers. Each node board can drive 9, so 18 total. On the photo of the underside I count 15 visible coils. If the two pops share the same driver, then that should leave 4 drivers for Bond on a wand. Seems high. Will be interesting to see once they release the manual.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club/page/130?gallery&galleryp=10

#6463 1 year ago

Sooooo….. have any of you talented folks been working on any alternate translite designs while we patiently wait?

#6464 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I'm wondering what is using all the drivers. Each node board can drive 9, so 18 total. On the photo of the underside I count 15 visible coils. If the two pops share the same driver, then that should leave 4 drivers for Bond on a wand. Seems high. Will be interesting to see once they release the manual.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club/page/130?gallery&galleryp=10

Can be switches too… our grainy photo is kinda inconclusive i think.

#6465 1 year ago
Quoted from qbass187:

Selling my spot for the Bond LE Nov build.
Stern is asking for payment and I’ll not a Connery Bond guy. $14k shipping & taxes included.
First come first serve.
Thanks!

When I bought through stern they asked for full payment right away. That was one of the reason I decided to cancel it since they wanted full payment without a game reveal. They gave you an option to pay later? You also got a deal for 14k with taxes and shipping.

#6466 1 year ago
Quoted from Ollulanus:

Felt the same way about Rush, music grew on me.

Ditto KISS. Loved the LE, hated the music. Eventually liked most of the music (except DEUCE - there is NO SAVING that one). I wouldn't say I'm a KISS FAN now, but I have an appreciation for a number of their songs I didn't have before.

#6467 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ditto KISS. Loved the LE, hated the music. Eventually liked most of the music (except DEUCE - there is NO SAVING that one). I wouldn't say I'm a KISS FAN now, but I have an appreciation for a number of their songs I didn't have before.

Wow. Talk about someone who refused to get their grandma outta here.

#6468 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wow. Talk about someone who refused to get their grandma outta here.

Yeah, completely nonsensical lyrics and not even a great melody on that "song." I mean the theme was "drop a deuce" at least most people could relate.

#6469 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, completely nonsensical lyrics and not even a great melody on that "song." I mean the theme was "drop a deuce" at least most people could relate.

Its a song on the higher plane you will never understand. Duece Rocks!!!

#6470 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Its a song on the higher plane you will never understand. Duece Rocks!!!

I just don’t think he’s worth a deuce.

#6471 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Duece Rocks!!!

Laxatives (and better hydration) can help with those.

#6472 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I also think the home market is larger. Somebody can probably look up individual recent games on Pinball Map (https://pinballmap.com/map) and compare to ownership stats on Pinside for those games.
Better yet, look at the totals. "Pinball Map is currently listing a total of 8,244 locations and 32,972 machines."
There are 93,569 Pinsiders. Even if each person only owned one game, that's three times as many games as are on location. (I don't see a total for Pinsider-owned collections but let me know if you can find it or calculate it.)
These don't include every location or every owner, but that's some pretty good data to start.

Interesting numbers. The other obvious issue is the huge COVID spike in pinball demand & prices. COVID brutalized public arcades/barcades...many didn't survive. OTOH, homeowners were looking for ways to enhance their game rooms and rediscovered pinball.

#6473 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Laxatives (and better hydration) can help with those.

Foo Fighters?

#6474 1 year ago

I cannot see that as a commercially successful pin. But I did a do battle go-karting with Taylor Hawkins (RIP) in Atlanta once.

#6475 1 year ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Sooooo….. have any of you talented folks been working on any alternate translite designs while we patiently wait?

Yes.

#6476 1 year ago

Thanks goodness. Not a fan of the Dr No trans light.

#6477 1 year ago

Played a handful of games of the Bond Premium at expo and I didn't love It. Got bored quickly and ended up playing Rush premium for the first time and enjoyed that game significantly more. I am not interested in a 10k bond premium so will be sitting this one out.

#6478 1 year ago
Quoted from BradLinden:

I do not think the stats support that "the majority" of games are going into private collections today.

In a recent interview Gary Stern said that 70% of their games go to home use

#6479 1 year ago

This hype has absolutely slowed to a crawl...

#6480 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Coil counting hype

Pro
Trough, auto launch, sling x2, flipper x3, vuk, saucer, drops, control gate, and pops x2 = 13

Premium
Trough, auto launch, sling x2, flipper x3, vuk, saucer, drops, control gate, pops (2 controlled with one output), diverter, uppost for ball lock, vuk for ball lock, uppost for Bond on a wand, motor output for Bond, magnet for wand = 18

#6481 1 year ago

Crazy how you bond soldiers are jumping ship so fast. What was it mainly… price, Mechs, art, code? I’m still riding with my LE. Shots and flow are killer and bond clips and one liners rule

#6482 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

This hype has absolutely slowed to a crawl...

A slow walk, I'd say. Come on over to the Queen thread if you want to see what a crawl looks like.

#6483 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

ome on over to the Queen thread if you want to see what a crawl looks like.

Try the CCR LE waiting game ...
Queen looks like it's a high speed race .

#6484 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Crazy how you bond soldiers are jumping ship so fast. What was it mainly… price, Mechs, art, code? I’m still riding with my LE. Shots and flow are killer and bond clips and one liners rule

Feeling used as a stool pigeon, being taken advantage of, I have the cash but don’t make feel like a idiot Stern. Well they have, game over. Loving my Iron Maiden filler pin.

#6485 1 year ago

Who's got the inside poop on ship date? I was originally told mid-late Oct.

#6486 1 year ago

This is turning into the worst launch ever.

#6487 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:

This is turning into the worst launch ever.

AFF81C6F-8224-4B40-A971-4686764CA639.gifAFF81C6F-8224-4B40-A971-4686764CA639.gif
#6488 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Trough, auto launch, sling x2, flipper x3, vuk, saucer, drops, control gate, pops (2 controlled with one output), diverter, uppost for ball lock, vuk for ball lock, uppost for Bond on a wand, motor output for Bond, magnet for wand = 18

Makes sense. Too bad they didn't spring for a small node board to drive the Bond on a wand. Supply chain constraints, bean counters, both? In any case, don't think it is going to make a big difference to gameplay but given this is their most expensive cornerstone ever it feels off.

#6489 1 year ago

Everyone hated BM66 until the full code came out. Premiums were selling as low as $6500 for catwoman editions. Now $10k won’t buy you one. I doubt that stern will let 007 Fail. Too big of a title.

#6490 1 year ago

I’m still in. But it would be nice of these distributors or stern would give us a little more information. It is kinda a downer to give someone that kinda money and not get more updates.

#6491 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

In a recent interview Gary Stern said that 70% of their games go to home use

Ahh thanks for that, always wondered what the % was. Todd Tuckey had guessed a similar amount a year or so ago but good to hear it straight from the source.

#6492 1 year ago

This happens every release when its time to pay up or bail.

#6493 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

This happens every release when its time to pay up or bail.

Of course it does.

So does “sure seems like a lot of X for sale lately!!”

People have the memory of
A goldfish around here.

#6494 1 year ago
Quoted from Lounge:This is turning into the worst launch ever.

True words

#6495 1 year ago

GBLE was also not liked. Everyone complained about the code and how brutal the center drain was. If you still have your GBLE it is worth 2x what you paid.

#6496 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Of course it does.
So does “sure seems like a lot of X for sale lately!!”
People have the memory of
A goldfish around here.

Whats a goldfish?

#6497 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Whats a goldfish?

I have it written down somewhere, hold on.....

#6498 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

I have it written down somewhere, hold on.....

Oh, Goldfinger!!!

James_Bond_007-_Goldfinger (resized).pngJames_Bond_007-_Goldfinger (resized).png
#6499 1 year ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

Paid my LE in full this morning.
Fun Fact: Jimmy Page played guitar in the orchestra of the original Goldfinger recording. This is a good read below. Let’s hope they have the Shirley Bassey version in the game.
https://ultimateclassicrock.com/jimmy-page-goldfinger-theme/

wow you are soo wealthy

#6500 1 year ago

Just did a rewatch of the Connery bonds.

No, Never Say Never Again doesn’t count.

Dr. No - you can really see how this was made on a small budget. It’s cool to see some of the “basic” spy behaviors, like when Bond checks his hotel for bugs or uses a hair to see if anyone has been in his room. Super solid if a little basic. 7.5/10

From Russia With Love - Fantastic. Gadgets. Brutal fights. This set the stage for some of the signature moments of the franchise. That train fight is something else. One nitpick is that the film ends pretty bluntly, as do most of the Connery bonds. They haven’t quite found their rhythm yet. 8.5/10

Goldfinger - This is probably Connery’s best overall Bond film. It really has it all. This is the quintessential Bond movie. Bummer that this wasn’t the theme of the LE. 9.5/10.

Thunderball - This is where they really started to throw a lot of money into making the movies. I used really dislike this but it’s been a good 20 years since I tried to watch it and I have a new appreciation for the film, though the underwater stuff is overused and the last third of the movie drags some. 8.5/10

You Only Live Twice - I really like this one even though you can tell that Sean has let himself go a bit. You can also sort of feel that he’s not as into the role. That volcano lair is one of the all time greatest sets ever in a film. 8.5/10

Diamonds are forever - it’s fun to have Sean back, but boy what a difference a decade makes. Lots of head scratching plot moments, like who were the two assassin dudes working for? It’s still a fun ride. Nowhere near as good as what came before. 8/10

Can’t wait for my LE. There’s so much good stuff to work with. Thanks for reading.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 425.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 151.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club/page/130 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.