B0646D82-852B-4304-A4CD-23B4A22BDDCF (resized).jpeg
D42D0E5A-DC87-4B80-9D62-E59D378CACBA (resized).jpeg
FB2C5C38-17F0-45D4-BCED-57EF94539DCE (resized).jpeg
E873B6CA-F0F2-4C5E-8589-E5B0B96E2CAF (resized).jpeg
ABFA1B74-F8DD-4DAE-B74F-110B222F23D0 (resized).jpeg
A8461CA8-3529-4922-9A2F-EEB6517CA7A5 (resized).jpeg
20221216_225500 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 151.
#6151 1 year ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

the issue is the "I vs. me" NOT "than vs. then"

No, ZNET wasn’t referring to “than” vs “then.” He was saying that when “than” is considered a preposition, the correct saying would be “than me.” Grammatically, both “than me” and “than I” are correct, with the latter sounding a bit pretentious.

#6152 1 year ago

I’d like to see a Goldinger laser somewhere on the playfield. Where could it go? Mods, get to work…

#6153 1 year ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

I’d like to see a Goldinger laser somewhere on the playfield. Where could it go? Mods, get to work…

Do you expect me to mod?

No Mr. Bond...I expect you to buy.

#6154 1 year ago

What if the Bond topper was the laser from Goldenfinger. It could point a laser light beam at the center of the playfield that slowly creeps towards your flippers and can zap your flippers like Dialed In as part of a special topper mode

#6155 1 year ago
Quoted from Amused_to_Death:

with the latter sounding a bit pretentious.

BINGO.

#6156 1 year ago

The way to bring the Bond girls in the game would be to use all the silhouettes from the opening and ending credits. Nothing inappropriate and a big trademark of all Bond films. Very happy Gomez secured You Only Live Twice, that one alone has fantastic images..

7D07044A-EFBA-4F36-9E47-D94B3C35E0B6 (resized).jpeg7D07044A-EFBA-4F36-9E47-D94B3C35E0B6 (resized).jpegBEC77D6C-ACC8-4CA8-85E9-C52A39FA07CB (resized).jpegBEC77D6C-ACC8-4CA8-85E9-C52A39FA07CB (resized).jpeg
#6157 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

What if the Bond topper was the laser from Goldenfinger. It could point a laser light beam at the center of the playfield that slowly creeps towards your flippers and can zap your flippers like Dialed In as part of a special topper mode

Love that idea. Only place it could really go on the playfield that I’m seeing would be on top of the scoop on the left maybe? Couldn’t be too big though or it would block the underwater scene

#6158 1 year ago

Just an observation from some of the comments. For me a machine that plays 1000 miles an hour without any breaks is not fun. The ball in the pops too long. I’d argue that most machines the balls aren’t in there enough. Slow down the flo? Yeah good! Sometimes my hands and wrists hurt from playing so long a little break is nice. I’m guessing some people never play or hate wide body pins. They play a little slower. Which is strange because some of the most highly rated pins are wide body. Everyone is entitled to whatever game play they prefer. I’m just stating my opinion, in a long game little breaks other than a new ball are welcome.

#6159 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

I’m guessing some people never play or hate wide body pins. They play a little slower.

With one exception and the only wide body I'll own to date.

Black Hole. Brutally fast when setup proper.

#6160 1 year ago

I think a lot of Gomez games are long players in general. Adding that third flipper to make you shoot at some dangerous cross shots should help with long ball times.

I like shooting dangerous stuff and short game times because I rather play multiple games in a row than one long session.

#6161 1 year ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

I didn't want to get into grammar wars (my comment was just to 'bust his balls' since he referred to his 'higher standards'), but I believe the simple rule (the issue is the "I vs. me" NOT "than vs. then"), he was essentially saying "You have lower standards than me do, that's totally fine", but again...grammar wasn't really the point - messing with him WAS. haha...

You got called out on giving incorrect grammar advice and now you "don't want to get into grammar wars" and "grammar wasn't really the point"

#6162 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Scoop should have been a subway tied to something underwater on LCD from thunderball and a mode.

Agreed.

Still a lot going on but a subway and mode tied to it would have been a natural. I find scoops to no where odd, it's a saucer with a more positive stop but aside from that... subway that ball over to Q and have it pop out the car.

#6163 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Agreed.
Still a lot going on but a subway and mode tied to it would have been a natural. I find scoops to no where odd, it's a saucer with a more positive stop but aside from that... subway that ball over to Q and have it pop out the car.

This is how I thought the scoop/subway/car was going to work initially and since the car isn’t exactly tied to the scene in Thunderball it could have served as a lock to stage a ball or two until a mode to the db5 was triggered.

#6164 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Just don't get that laser in your eye....

#6165 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Gary Stern knows his market.
Mandalorian, Stranger Things, Jurassic Park are 50 year old franchises?

Mandalorian was the last one over a year ago after that 3 in a row. I bet Disney princesses pin would sell better than rush and bond and led zeppelin. 7 drawf multi ball for the snow white mode would be epic lol.

#6166 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I'm the perfect demographic for Connery Bond (on the older side, but agree that it would be great to see more modern titles. Rick and Morty is a perfect example of the creators collaborating on the callouts/game and it results in a better product. Hard to imagine the Bond license holders care much about pinball and Connery is dead. I thought it was cringy when Gomez was implying the licensee is partly/largely responsible for the software delays. Please.
It could end up being a fun game, but it's really impossible to know at this point since so much is missing. As you'd expect, folks that love the license are hoping for the best. This is how I felt with Led Zeppelin...hoping it would be great. In the end, I had to pass...the game just didn't rock.

This is just my opinion, but I felt the same way once I played Zeppelin and knew that because of the shots and layout, it would not be a keeper.
I HAVE played Bond 007. My conclusion is the shots and layout are really good and doable at all skill levels.
Funny thing is that for the most part in regards to Led Zeppelin, code was pretty advanced when it came out where as Bond code is early yet the layout and shot are satisfying . There’s no question in my mind that this game will stick in my collection.
Full discourse: I’m a big fan of both LZ and 007.
The friends I came with also had positive comments.
If the game was shitty I would say so but again just one opinion of someone who played it , not just watched video.

#6167 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

Mandalorian was the last one over a year ago after that 3 in a row. I bet Disney princesses pin would sell better than rush and bond and led zeppelin. 7 drawf multi ball for the snow white mode would be epic lol.

You know Snow White came out in 1937 right?

85 years ago.

#6168 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

I’m kinda confused you own a Woz and a wonka and your upset about older theme machines? Not ripping on you just trying to figure out your point?

#6169 1 year ago

I’m kinda confused you own a Woz and a wonka and your upset about older theme machines? Not ripping on you just trying to figure out your point?

These people never have a fucking point.

"Stern needs to do fresh, innovative licenses! No, not that one. Not that one either. Ok they can do old ones like all the games I already own, but they have to be the ones I specifically want!"

Stern sells what sells. Sometimes that's a current movie/tv series, sometimes it's an ancient rock band or movie franchise. Buy the ones you want, ignore the ones you don't, there will always be another 3 coming out next year to choose from.

#6170 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

This is just my opinion, but I felt the same way once I played Zeppelin and knew that because of the shots and layout, it would not be a keeper.
I HAVE played Bond 007. My conclusion is the shots and layout are really good and doable at all skill levels.
Funny thing is that for the most part in regards to Led Zeppelin, code was pretty advanced when it came out where as Bond code is early yet the layout and shot are satisfying . There’s no question in my mind that this game will stick in my collection.
Full discourse: I’m a big fan of both LZ and 007.
The friends I came with also had positive comments.
If the game was shitty I would say so but again just one opinion of someone who played it , not just watched video.

I'll go against the grain here and say Led Zeppelin is a keeper.

you know who loves Zeppelin? anyone that doesn't know too much about pinball who you invite over to play. It will be their favorite game, guaranteed. It's my wife's favorite game and she made asked me politely to get rid of GNR because she though LZ was so much better.

There's a lot of things wrong with LZ for a pure fan of the band like me, yes, but they got a ton of things right too. The songs are some of the greatest ever, it's the first game with expression lighting and the game absolutely rips, is lightning fast, it's just fun and anyone can pick up and play it, have a good time.

Full disclosure.. I have a LZ LE and a Bond LE paid in full on order.

#6171 1 year ago

Two points:

1) If you are not interested in 50-year-old themes, why are you looking at a thread about a game that covers movies from 1962 to 1971? Most everyone here is interested in playing/owning this title and want to discuss things relevant to it. Go complain about random crap in another thread or start a thread about whatever you want to complain about. If you want to suggest random themes unrelated to James Bond, try the "Next Stern Pin" thread.

2) That Crazy Levi character may not be so crazy after all.

#6173 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Two points:
1) If you are not interested in 50-year-old themes, why are you looking at a thread about a game that covers movies from 1962 to 1971? Most everyone here is interested in playing/owning this title and want to discuss things relevant to it. Go complain about random crap in another thread or start a thread about whatever you want to complain about. If you want to suggest random themes unrelated to James Bond, try the "Next Stern Pin" thread.
2) That Crazy Levi character may not be so crazy after all.

For sure & Bond is already a 'good' game, no question is about, the verdict is out on whether it will be 'great' but c'mon guys Lyman is also not here with us, so that is what sucks. There's a lot of games that probably wouldn't have been as good without Lyman.. even Metallica, Walking Dead, etc. Many. I do think Gomez outdid himself with the design and there's so much hardware on Bond, it may even make up for some code issues going forward but just hoping with each code release we see more movie footage, images and the theme becomes more & more authentic Connery James 007, theme is important to me with this one. I'm not sure manufacturers would be looking at the Disney license for pinball too much at the moment after what happened with TS4 unless it's something more on the Marvel side again or darker Tim Burton style.

#6174 1 year ago

I am all in on Bond. A few posters had me sweating a bit referencing Lonnie being so slow with the code. I honestly enjoy that the code rollouts that take some time. For example… new Godzilla code dropped today and I can’t wait to get it downloaded and see what they added. Getting updates every couple of months allows the developers to add and polish these games based not only on their planning but consumer feedback.

After watching the reveal stream a few times…and feeling the passion of Mike Vinikour as he described what was in store for the game I am much more at ease. Between Gomies experience and Mikes passion I feel this will be outstanding. Will it be somewhat lacking on release? Possibly…. But that’s ok by me… allows me to enjoy the ride!

Carry on with the grammer debate.

#6175 1 year ago

Although im not in on Bond, its gonna be killer when finished. I have a feeling I'll be dumping in lots of quarters in this on location.

#6176 1 year ago

Interested in some feedback from Expo!
I hear they have a few pros and premiums on the floor ready to play. Thanks!

#6177 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Interested in some feedback from Expo!
I hear they have a few pros and premiums on the floor ready to play. Thanks!

There are definitely a few games.

Anyone? Bueller?

#6178 1 year ago

Any mod ideas for that rocket? Woof.

#6179 1 year ago

Bond Premium at Denver Show this weekend. Will get better pics tomorrow. Right now game can’t be turned on because Game Exchange is waiting for an updated SD card though doesn’t sound like they will have any later code than what was in London.

These are crummy pictures but the game looks much nicer in person than I was expecting from release photos. Also playfield seems very open. (Apologize if old news; haven’t seen Jack’s stream yet).
1DF50CF5-5E94-45D7-A160-0FE9F32F46E6 (resized).jpeg1DF50CF5-5E94-45D7-A160-0FE9F32F46E6 (resized).jpeg31C069CC-0BBC-4C5C-A196-9C54BEDC1827 (resized).jpeg31C069CC-0BBC-4C5C-A196-9C54BEDC1827 (resized).jpeg44EAE943-71FB-42A4-B08D-7DF7CD38FCC1 (resized).jpeg44EAE943-71FB-42A4-B08D-7DF7CD38FCC1 (resized).jpeg552A744F-70F0-41E6-B4C3-33C54049AADC (resized).jpeg552A744F-70F0-41E6-B4C3-33C54049AADC (resized).jpeg566D4D37-9B45-4F77-84D8-FECDA3B64FAA (resized).jpeg566D4D37-9B45-4F77-84D8-FECDA3B64FAA (resized).jpeg5A8F4627-9EC4-42C2-B795-038FBFB6C885 (resized).jpeg5A8F4627-9EC4-42C2-B795-038FBFB6C885 (resized).jpeg736F761D-A214-4879-A9AC-9E6874A741C2 (resized).jpeg736F761D-A214-4879-A9AC-9E6874A741C2 (resized).jpeg909710C2-B60D-4558-B80D-2C86AE9F0EB3 (resized).jpeg909710C2-B60D-4558-B80D-2C86AE9F0EB3 (resized).jpeg9929C9E1-3D4E-413D-8DB1-DD5BA6113FB5 (resized).jpeg9929C9E1-3D4E-413D-8DB1-DD5BA6113FB5 (resized).jpegC4EC0E18-1CC4-4E9C-869B-8E7E79006FB8 (resized).jpegC4EC0E18-1CC4-4E9C-869B-8E7E79006FB8 (resized).jpegCA32A848-6370-4EB1-A282-4D2D01B77878 (resized).jpegCA32A848-6370-4EB1-A282-4D2D01B77878 (resized).jpeg

#6180 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Bond Premium at Denver Show this weekend. Will get better pics tomorrow. Right now game can’t be turned on because Game Exchange is waiting for an updated SD card though doesn’t sound like they will have any later code than what was in London.
These are crummy pictures but the game looks much nicer in person than I was expecting from release photos. Also playfield seems very open. (Apologize if old news; haven’t seen Jack’s stream yet).
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Good job 003, now head back to see Q and get another camera.

#6181 1 year ago

And what Bond girl was in the reflection on the backglass.

#6182 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Here is why it seems to be open

F2DB5F06-6E12-4D79-AE95-607BCCC3E68E (resized).jpegF2DB5F06-6E12-4D79-AE95-607BCCC3E68E (resized).jpeg
#6183 1 year ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Good job 003, now head back to see Q and get another camera.

It’s not the camera, it’s the photographer.

Quoted from Spiderpin:

And what Bond girl was in the reflection on the backglass.

Mine.

#6184 1 year ago

Upper flipper

#6185 1 year ago

Got in about 15 plays at Expo really enjoyable and got better playing.

Wish I could hear sounds

#6186 1 year ago

Finally finished watching the stream. Definitely seems fun to shoot, and with that upper flipper there is some big multishot flow-potential.

My heart broke a little while Mike Vinikour was playing his last ball though. He was getting far into the Goldfinger mode, but it canceled out of it when he started JetPack MB. And when JetPack finished it never resumed Goldfinger. So we never got to the "No Mr Bond, I expect you to Die!" line. Rough, rough code.

#6187 1 year ago

Wonka and woz is more timeless than Sean bond. Besides 1 I got in a trade and the other I got it for 2k under msrp shortly after it was released and came with a lot of mods I bought from mezel mods. I'm about to get a JJP potc which is the last wide body made.

#6188 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

Wonka and woz is more timeless than Sean bond. Besides 1 I got in a trade and the other I got it for 2k under msrp shortly after it was released and came with a lot of mods I bought from mezel mods. I'm about to get a JJP potc which is the last wide body made.

Cool.

#6189 1 year ago

Just home from Expo. Great expo this year BTW. I liked Bond way more than I wanted too. Shoots fun with interesting shots and satisfying ramps. The left orbit too jet pack ramp is my favorite shot so far. I can see myself owning one. I look forward to playing it when I can hear it.
so far it Seems great.

#6190 1 year ago

I got like 10 games on them at expo tonight. Mixed up pro and premium.
Had scores from 7M to a 366M and a 450M.
The shots are very different from what I’m used to and the ball comes quick. Left outlane is brutal. The games are also set up pretty tough with wide open outlanes.
Overall once I got my feel for it, I loved shooting it. Can’t hear what’s going on and the code is so far from .90 that you can’t really review anything but the shots.
I will say the pro wasn’t nearly as fun, it’s kind of in your face too quick for me. Reminds me of Tron but at least Tron has some breaks with the scoop.
If you’re in on it, I think you’re going to be very happy. I trust Gomez with as much as he loves this license, I’m sure he’s going to have the code tweaked until it’s a monster.
You can see the potential with all the modes, movies, villains, henchmen, weapons, q gadgets, bond women etc.
There’s really so much there it’s going to take some serious effort and play testing to get the balance right, but I’m sure it’ll get there.

#6191 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

I got like 10 games on them at expo tonight. Mixed up pro and premium.
Had scores from 7M to a 366M and a 450M.
The shots are very different from what I’m used to and the ball comes quick. Left outlane is brutal. The games are also set up pretty tough with wide open outlanes.
Overall once I got my feel for it, I loved shooting it. Can’t hear what’s going on and the code is so far from .90 that you can’t really review anything but the shots.
I will say the pro wasn’t nearly as fun, it’s kind of in your face too quick for me. Reminds me of Tron but at least Tron has some breaks with the scoop.
If you’re in on it, I think you’re going to be very happy. I trust Gomez with as much as he loves this license, I’m sure he’s going to have the code tweaked until it’s a monster.
You can see the potential with all the modes, movies, villains, henchmen, weapons, q gadgets, bond women etc.
There’s really so much there it’s going to take some serious effort and play testing to get the balance right, but I’m sure it’ll get there.

How was the shot behind the upper flipper? Looks kind of unsatisfying to me.

#6192 1 year ago

Does the game play the theme songs from each movie ?

#6193 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

JJP PoTC, the game that never got its wizard mode.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hate-to-say-it-but-wheresthecode-jjp-potc/page/12#post-7182222

#6194 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

How was the shot behind the upper flipper? Looks kind of unsatisfying to me.

Is there a target in there? otherwise it just seems a waste of space that could have been utillised better.

#6195 1 year ago

I’m psyched there is gonna be a premium at this weekends pinball showdown!

#6196 1 year ago
Quoted from Mancave:

Is there a target in there? otherwise it just seems a waste of space that could have been utillised better.

I think there might be one tucked up there under the plastic? Or not, cant tell. Unusual shot - works on MM because of the target, and the slingshot is cool, and its a tricky shot. This looks wide open with the flipper up. And the bit of foam there.

Most of the other shots look good though.

#6197 1 year ago

Ahhhhhh!!!
Haha.. cool pictures.
Wish I was there..
Maybe TPF......

20221021_022306 (resized).jpg20221021_022306 (resized).jpg
#6198 1 year ago

Great pics - is the premium T-molding green?
Release pics show yellow

#6199 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Great pics - is the premium T-molding green?
Release pics show yellow

I think it’s still got the blue plastic over it.

#6200 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Any mod ideas for that rocket? Woof.

A fiver for the first guy who legit replaced it with a dildo and posts pics.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 425.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,500 (OBO)
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 151.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club/page/124?hl=dakotamike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.