B0646D82-852B-4304-A4CD-23B4A22BDDCF (resized).jpeg
D42D0E5A-DC87-4B80-9D62-E59D378CACBA (resized).jpeg
FB2C5C38-17F0-45D4-BCED-57EF94539DCE (resized).jpeg
E873B6CA-F0F2-4C5E-8589-E5B0B96E2CAF (resized).jpeg
ABFA1B74-F8DD-4DAE-B74F-110B222F23D0 (resized).jpeg
A8461CA8-3529-4922-9A2F-EEB6517CA7A5 (resized).jpeg
20221216_225500 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 151.
#6001 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:"Maybe you guys will find a way to put it in" - Gomez, referring to missing music/music they couldn't license.
WEWLAD.

Did he actually say that?

#6002 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Yes, Yes he did.

#6003 1 year ago

Game looks amazing! it’s early, so it’s only going to get better.

#6004 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

1000%

#6005 1 year ago

After watching the stream, I'm up on the fence.

#6006 1 year ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Looks like every other new Stern.

#6007 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Gotta remember how BM66 started out and where it is today.
Bond will be great. Tons of material to work with and like what I see so far.

I agree. What counts right now to me is how the playfield shoots and this one looks to be fun! The code will come in time.

Officially in!

#6008 1 year ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

This game will probably be in production until 2024 so unless you are thinking about an LE, you have plenty of time to decide. The software has a ways to go, obviously.

#6009 1 year ago

Loved the stream and hearing from Gomez. Game play, flow and shots were a “C+” for me.
Loved:
the left orbit/feed back to right flipper
Upper flipper combos
Lock shot

Meh:
Pops
Clunky shots into left scoop
No right orbit (may get coded to drop the top post)
Pops
Shots into Bird One un-inspiring
Pops

#6010 1 year ago

That Jetpack was lackluster, at best. Would like to play it in the wild.

#6011 1 year ago

I didnt see all of it but its obvious its super early code. And Gomez eluded to that. Game looks fun to shoot, but man those pops. The ball stays up there forever....

#6012 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

That Jetpack was lackluster, at best. ...

George stated at the outset that code development for this feature is in a very early stage.

#6013 1 year ago

At one point the mr wint and mr kidd mode put a smile on my face. More bond wit and playing out the fun movie moments like that is what the code needs as it matures.

Don't forget the bond girls need love too.

#6014 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Gotta remember how BM66 started out and where it is today.
Bond will be great. Tons of material to work with and like what I see so far.
Edited

Big difference that was Lyman!

#6015 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

"Maybe you guys will find a way to put it in" - Gomez, referring to missing music/music they couldn't license.
WEWLAD.

13F49BFD-BB60-4419-98E9-E0C38637D58C.jpeg13F49BFD-BB60-4419-98E9-E0C38637D58C.jpeg
#6016 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

At one point the mr wint and mr kidd mode put a smile on my face. More bond wit and playing out the fun movie moments like that is what the code needs as it matures.
Don't forget the bond girls need love too.

Yep. More Bond girl footage, more music, tie in the overall sound better. No doubt it's gonna be a great game! It's gotta lotta good going for it already with plenty of code updates to come. George Gomez is the best, it sounds like he's working with what he can. Please see it through George, just like Batman '66! The game deserves your best effort, all the bones there for a great game in the end.

#6017 1 year ago

Stop it with all this pinball talk , lets rehash some Bond Films

Looks fun ,but after such a long wait was hoping for more, guess it will get better ...

#6018 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

... Don't forget the bond girls need love too.

I'm hoping for a Bond girls multiball.

#6019 1 year ago

It looks very good. I think the pro model will be the winner for the money.

#6020 1 year ago

I like the shots but a wait and see until code develops and hands on one at TPF (hopefully sooner!)
Plenty of good times ahead for Bond but please fix that spinner sound.

#6021 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

"Maybe you guys will find a way to put it in" - Gomez, referring to missing music/music they couldn't license.
WEWLAD.

Will figuring out how to add the Goldfinger theme be an insider connected achievement?

#6022 1 year ago

There is absolutely zero chance they put more Bond girls, sexual material in. This is stern and it’s 2022. Unfortunately it’s the world we live in now. People are out of their minds if they think anything suggestive is coming out of stern.

#6023 1 year ago
Quoted from ShooterMcD:

Loved the stream and hearing from Gomez. Game play, flow and shots were a “C+” for me.
Loved:
the left orbit/feed back to right flipper
Upper flipper combos
Lock shot
Meh:
Pops
Clunky shots into left scoop
No right orbit (may get coded to drop the top post)
Pops
Shots into Bird One un-inspiring
Pops

Not all games need to have the elwin Godzilla avengers flow, Gomez is known for these types of kinetics in his games and they are all the better for it. A bit of clunk and reduced ball motion is a good mix with his more flowy shots. I think the kinetics around the bird one and the cftbl shot are great and welcomed. Not every shot in a game needs to flow into a ramp or complete into a combo.

#6024 1 year ago

I wonder if the rocket could have worked as a pop bumper with a rocket sculpt on top. No jiggle jiggle, but it could still knock the ball into the targets to help out the player.

#6025 1 year ago

Who is buying the new Rolls Spectre to go with their game?

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a41670551/2024-rolls-royce-spectre-revealed/

#6026 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I wonder if the rocket could have worked as a pop bumper with a rocket sculpt on top. No jiggle jiggle, but it could still knock the ball into the targets to help out the player.

That is a decent idea but I also like how they designed this. George stated it is not easy to hit all the targets. I imagine some manual nudging of the machine might come to play in hitting all targets?

#6027 1 year ago

I think this looks fun as hell and I can’t wait to try it out. Disappointed the code is so unfinished at this stage but I still really like what I see. Balls live up in the pops for waaay too long, other than that there are some juicy shots I can’t wait to try. That combo George hit was fantastic. Also loved the handful of funny movie clips. Gave me Godzilla and Batman 66 vibes. More more more of that please. Overall I think this game has a ton of potential. Looks and feels unique and fun. Hope it feels that way in person. Also….George is awesome.

#6028 1 year ago

I think the bird one missile or whatever it is should open up and swallow the balls as it does in the movie. As it is now it is kinda irrelevant to You Only Live Twice, but whatever. Bashing Fort Knox in that same area might have been cooler.

#6029 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So we aren’t getting the 10 licensed tracks that Gomez said it had on the stern insider podcast?

What it sounded like to me is that there are a bunch of John Barry tracks coming. I do not expect the main game theme to be the 007 theme on repeat.

#6030 1 year ago

Stern as of late has done a pretty good job with code in my opinion. I have no worries. Looks fun to shoot and is a timeless theme.

#6031 1 year ago

Mech-wise, this stream was way underwhelming. This looked more like a "Stern Hurter" than anything they have done recently. I would rather wait 2 years for a GZ premium used. Seriously.

#6032 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Mech-wise, this stream was way underwhelming. This looked more like a "Stern Hurter" than anything they have done recently. I would rather wait 2 years for a GZ premium used. Seriously.

Unless you already have a Godzilla…

#6033 1 year ago

Anyone else feeling Dr. Who vibes with this layout? Two ramps in somewhat similar position on right side. Upper flipper on left side. Playfield fairly open on the left side. Obviously there are other differences but these seem to be similarities between the two.

#6034 1 year ago
Quoted from bestbrad:

Anyone else feeling Dr. Who vibes with this layout? Two ramps in somewhat similar position on right side. Upper flipper on left side. Playfield fairly open on the left side. Obviously there are other differences but these seem to be similarities between the two.

And completely captive and boring pops?

#6035 1 year ago

It’s a shame George went back to the pop bumper cluster after Keith showed they are not always needed in games with Godzilla.

I’m sure if he had dragged in Keith for a look he could have added another shot in up there for the upper flipper, Godzilla is all the better for removing the mandatory pop cluster and using that real estate for better things.

#6036 1 year ago
Quoted from Breger1:

There is absolutely zero chance they put more Bond girls, sexual material in. This is stern and it’s 2022. Unfortunately it’s the world we live in now. People are out of their minds if they think anything suggestive is coming out of stern.

Gary Stern is not a woke pansy. See Playboy, Sopranos, and Whoa Nellie was not that long ago.

Not sure about the new President who came from Disney, but I think Gary is still in charge.

#6037 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Gary Stern is not a woke pansy. See Playboy, Sopranos, and Whoa Nellie was not that long ago.
Not sure about the new President who came from Disney, but I think Gary is still in charge.

I really have my doubts. I think Gary's essentially a figurehead/ambassador after he sold a big chunk of Stern to the investment company when they almost went out of business around 2008/9.

#6038 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

It’s a shame George went back to the pop bumper cluster after Keith showed they are not always needed in games with Godzilla.
I’m sure if he had dragged in Keith for a look he could have added another shot in up there for the upper flipper, Godzilla is all the better for removing the mandatory pop cluster and using that real estate for better things.

It depends how they are used. For example, there seems to be a common design thought that top rollovers NEED to be for bonus x and skill shots. With BM66 and the bottom inlanes also achieving bonus x, it really makes the top rollover lanes completely irrelevant - there's no reason to ever shoot for them. Pop bumpers usually have inconsequential rules as well, but at least Dwight made them more interesting with his picto pop design. Personally I like it when pop values advance along with the sounds possibly evolving as more points are scored (iron man pop levels). Also like that wonderful spinner on GoT! I love how the sound evolves, becomes more profound as it increases in value. I wish I had even a tiny job with Stern doing something (and NOT cleaning microwaves!)

Rob

#6039 1 year ago

I find this pin desirable to some extent, but not at this price point. Before, I was willing to risk the gamble on a new title, new code, and everything that was involved in it because I knew it wasn't such a big leap in my pocketbook and I wouldn't potentially have to dump it for a $2K loss 6 months down the road (IE, try to sell a Mando Premium right now).

I don't think I'm beating a dead horse here with saying this either... I love this hobby and have been willing to shell out cash and tell myself it's worth it because it's pinball. I don't feel that way anymore.

#6040 1 year ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So we aren’t getting the 10 licensed tracks that Gomez said it had on the stern insider podcast?

Well then I’m staying well away from the IC hook up in that case and hope like heck that a very talented audio technician (like the guy who did ST sound mod) gets key songs of the opening credits, like Shirley Bassey opening credits for Goldfinger, Diamonds are Forever, and Moonraker can be integrated into the game.

Or are we gonna have to pay extra as add on content for that also?

E28062F6-0AED-453C-A105-F4EA342C1CE5.gifE28062F6-0AED-453C-A105-F4EA342C1CE5.gif
#6041 1 year ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Hope you are wrong because Stern wouldn't be doing right by the theme or the fans.

#6042 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I think the bird one missile or whatever it is should open up and swallow the balls as it does in the movie. As it is now it is kinda irrelevant to You Only Live Twice, but whatever. Bashing Fort Knox in that same area might have been cooler.

Those are all really great ideas. If I was Stern or any manufacturer I'd show an early prototype and then get feedback from the people who actually buy or support pins at barcades. Ultimately Stern makes the decisions but there games would be better for it.

#6043 1 year ago

Pumped for the games to ship! Got my deposit down on a pro. Will keep an eye on the prem as the code gets better. Looks like a fun game even as it stands now. Great movie clips. Glad the spinner sound will change.

#6044 1 year ago

Dear Stern,

First up, as an Englishman, please stop using "English" voice actors. They are terrible. If you have to use an announcer make him Felix Leiter and make him American (maybe have Bond thank him every now and then to fill in the plot).

Secondly, its Bathysphere (Bathysub) NOT Bath-O-Sub (From the Greek meaning Deep). It just looks silly.

#6046 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

At 1:29:00

#6047 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I heard it as well.

#6048 1 year ago
Quoted from epotech:

Dear Stern,
First up, as an Englishman, please stop using "English" voice actors. They are terrible. If you have to use an announcer make him Felix Leiter and make him American (maybe have Bond thank him every now and then to fill in the plot).

Interesting point here.... I actually like to hear the "English" voice actors although I much prefer females.

#6049 1 year ago

Spinner sounds like Quicksilver.

#6050 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Spinner sounds like Quicksilver.

I think it is flight 2000

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

8,500 (OBO)
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 425.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,199 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 151.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club/page/121 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.