B0646D82-852B-4304-A4CD-23B4A22BDDCF (resized).jpeg
D42D0E5A-DC87-4B80-9D62-E59D378CACBA (resized).jpeg
FB2C5C38-17F0-45D4-BCED-57EF94539DCE (resized).jpeg
E873B6CA-F0F2-4C5E-8589-E5B0B96E2CAF (resized).jpeg
ABFA1B74-F8DD-4DAE-B74F-110B222F23D0 (resized).jpeg
A8461CA8-3529-4922-9A2F-EEB6517CA7A5 (resized).jpeg
20221216_225500 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 151.
#5851 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

Did anyone else see this interview?[quoted image][quoted image]

Uh oh. Heres comes the monthly bill.

#5852 1 year ago

now that could be a deal breaker.They should have mentioned that before taking money

#5853 1 year ago

Gomez mentioned special missions via insider connected.

#5854 1 year ago

Did anyone else see this interview?[quoted image][quoted image]

Sounds terrible, but not unexpected. It begins.

#5855 1 year ago

Paid content. This was clear a mile away when stern connect was introduced. Say goodbye to free code updates.

#5856 1 year ago

None of my machines have insider connect. So I know nothing about it? Is there a fee for the machines that have it? Gary did not mention when this was starting or how much cost it would be?

Here is the link

#5857 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Gomez mentioned special missions via insider connected.

Haha what a clown show this hobby has become. I’m down to 1 pin and frankly it may be my last. It’s just sort of gross.

#5858 1 year ago

None of my machines have insider connect. So I know nothing about it? Is there a fee for the machines that have it? Gary did not mention when this was starting or how much cost it would be?
Here is the link

There’s no fee now, and they didn’t mention one with these missions. When you talk about IC you’ll have some people worried Stern is spying on them, and others worried they’ll figure out how to monetize it… so far I like it and my kids seem to also.

#5859 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

There’s no fee now, and they didn’t mention one with these missions. When you talk about IC you’ll have some people worried Stern is spying on them, and others worried they’ll figure out how to monetize it… so far I like it and my kids seem to also.

It seems like it has the possibility to be cool as long as the price is reasonable. Also it would get expensive if Stern charged by the machine not by accounts. Because if you have 4-5 machines with IC it would be lame/spendy to have to pay for each machine.

#5860 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

now that could be a deal breaker.They should have mentioned that before taking money

They did.. the Insider Connected features were mentioned from the get go.

'Missions' could be as simple as getting achievements or getting new objectives to chase (as Achievements) from Insider Connected. Or it could simply be new deliverables via pushes from Insider Connected like awards/mini-modes whatever.

#5861 1 year ago

Lol…
Think of the revenue.
The pin will ship with BM66 initial release code but if you want it to be playable that’s extra

#5862 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Haha what a clown show this hobby has become. I’m down to 1 pin and frankly it may be my last. It’s just sort of gross.

2FAD2220-3DC9-43C6-8493-024D6D0BAF5D (resized).jpeg2FAD2220-3DC9-43C6-8493-024D6D0BAF5D (resized).jpeg
#5863 1 year ago

Never seen a hype thread with so little hype. Most convoluted and drawn out “launch” ever, and now that “off topic” posting gets deleted, there’s no activity at all. There is literally nothing else to talk about.

I’m guessing the thread explodes on the 18th!

#5864 1 year ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

My favourite, just hilarious [quoted image]

Another Roger Moore (Bond) Movie the funniest and the best Bond IMO !

#5865 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Never seen a hype thread with so little hype. Most convoluted and drawn out “launch” ever, and now that “off topic” posting gets deleted, there’s no activity at all. There is literally nothing else to talk about.

You could try posting about a particular scene from one of the oldest Bond movies like Goldfinger that struck you as odd but I wouldn't recommend it. In all likelihood, someone will take it as a personal attack and call you out for being "woke'.

#5866 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So awesome. Post of the year. Retitle this thread the anti-hype group.

#5867 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Never seen a hype thread with so little hype.

Yeah I'm "shaken and not stirred."

#5868 1 year ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Yeah I'm "shaken and not stirred."

The phrase the kids use today is “I’m shook” as in I’m shook, not stirred. Lol

#5869 1 year ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

You could try posting about a particular scene from one of the oldest Bond movies like Goldfinger that struck you as odd but I wouldn't recommend it. In all likelihood, someone will take it as a personal attack and call you out for being "woke'.

My friend, please don't personalize it. You were not the only one that traveled down that path and you certainly weren't the first.

For years now, many of us have politely sat on our hands and agreed with these obvious thoughts and comments. We already know what the truth is and we don't need constant reminders

Like I said, its not just you. Its Facebook, Twitter, Pinside, Cable News and especially Politicians that have endlessly beaten us down.

Some people want to point at the past and say, shame on those people. And some of us live in the here and now and say, look how far we have come.

Lets get back to Bond.

#5870 1 year ago

The new Bond game is awesome, led to a first for me. First time I was moderated. Now that’s exciting!

#5871 1 year ago

Wonder if Stern will have an “Install Woke” setting in the menu.

Edit: but seriously, I wonder how much they’ll self sensor or will they even have an Adult mode?

#5872 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

The new Bond game is awesome, led to a first for me. First time I was moderated. Now that’s exciting!

You are on the list to be watched now.

#5873 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Welcome to Pinside. You're not really here until you've been moderated (Which you're also not supposed to talk about. Look how fast you're settling in!).

#5874 1 year ago

For folks that have an interest in a Bond LE, just posted my (to be delivered) Insider Connect Bond LE for a charity auction.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/144574

We raised almost $28k earlier this year with our Rush LE auction. Hope we can get close to that with the Bond LE auction, and lean more on the good karma side of this hobby.

#5875 1 year ago

I'm out guys.
I was asked for the funds for Bond LE.
With taxes and shipping it's 19,900.00 CAD
Getting a little nuts on prices now.

Hard to say yes when we haven't even seen a decent game play video of it.
Stern wants the money now too.

For those of you getting it enjoy.

#5876 1 year ago
Quoted from pingod:

I'm out guys.
I was asked for the funds for Bond LE.
With taxes and shipping it's 19,900.00 CAD
Getting a little nuts on prices now.
Hard to say yes when we haven't even seen a decent game play video of it.
Stern wants the money now too.
For those of you getting it enjoy.

Yeah, I think they've reach their tipping point. I have a different game on order from my distributor and he sent me an update on when I'll get it and asked also if I was interested in a bond LE as two people backed out.

With tax for me ~14k, haven't even seen gameplay yet and now you're looking at a 4K difference between the premium and LE, I turned it down. When it was a 2K difference you were basically paying for the back glass, shaker, speakers, invisiglass, rails etc. And it wasn't too bad but now it's just out of hand.

#5877 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Quit your whining! None of that internet crap is going to matter. Just ignore. If the game is good, it’s good. What’s wrong with the hobby exactly? You can buy premium Sterns that are great games and you can resell them at some point and not lose that much. And there are other great games form the other manufacturers. Ignoring the LE nonsense (I do own some LEs) everything is just fine. If you love pinball, then this is a great time to be alive.

#5878 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

I think it comes down to some people seeing the cultural challenges of past norms in present times and moving on with life while others feel the need to point it out to everyone else like they’re five years old and virtue signal by saying “look at me, look at the bad thing I detected. Aren’t I so woke for noticing? You should be noticing too! If you don’t call it out, it must mean you support that behavior”.

Bingo.

Sir, you win the Internets this day.

Huzzah!

#5879 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Yeah, I think they've reach their tipping point. I have a different game on order from my distributor and he sent me an update on when I'll get it and asked also if I was interested in a bond LE as two people backed out.
With tax for me ~14k, haven't even seen gameplay yet and now you're looking at a 4K difference between the premium and LE, I turned it down. When it was a 2K difference you were basically paying for the back glass, shaker, speakers, invisiglass, rails etc. And it wasn't too bad but now it's just out of hand.

I hear you. My stern order was $14.8k with pay in full without game play. Ended up cancelling it and will play the game at expo. If the game ends up being good I’ll be in for a premium and an extra 5k in my pocket

#5880 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Edit: but seriously, I wonder how much they’ll self sensor or will they even have an Adult mode?

I'm all for the mods to bring Bond into "non PC" mode.

#5881 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Just added one here myself. I had been doing so good too but just couldn’t resist

136 times now for me in over 11 years. Beer drinking was probably involved in 90% of those.

Mostly from very contentious threads and topics over the years, not game threads I’m excited about. Oh well.

Congrats on your first one.

#5882 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It’s gonna be full blown Bond and Bond girls Cookie.

Pussy Galore is on the playfield.

#5883 1 year ago

A Stern dealer is now listing Bond LEs in the marketplace for $14k. I also posted above that another dealer contacted me yesterday saying they had at least one available (info on previous page). The big price hike has definitely had an impact on demand (it would definitely help the dealer in the marketplace if they just listed them at MSRP but they had to get greedy). It's going to be interesting to see what happens when titles that are less popular than James Bond come out next year.

#5884 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

A Stern dealer is now listing Bond LEs in the marketplace for $14k. I also posted above that another dealer contacted me yesterday saying they had at least one available (info on previous page). The big price hike has definitely had an impact on demand (it would definitely help the dealer in the marketplace if they just listed them at MSRP but they had to get greedy). It's going to be interesting to see what happens when titles that are less popular than James Bond come out next year.

Many of us paid $12,999 out the door for our Bond LE’s I’m sure the dealers with inventory still would be sold out if they weren’t marking them up.

#5885 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Absolutely hit the ceiling on this one, but it’s how it should be imo. They shouldn’t instantly sell out. You should be able to wait and see gameplay at least before having to commit to an LE. There’s no flipping. Just means Stern have more or less found the right price.

Having said that, there’s no way lesser themes are selling at this LE price and quantity. I wouldn’t be surprised if they drop the LE pricing and quantity next release.

#5886 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Just added one here myself. I had been doing so good too but just couldn’t resist
136 times now for me in over 11 years. Beer drinking was probably involved in 90% of those.
Mostly from very contentious threads and topics over the years, not game threads I’m excited about. Oh well.
Congrats on your first one.

Funny I was so clueless then seen you use the same word ha ha ha

Kinda like a fart I didn’t even know stunk, no enjoyment oh well.

#5887 1 year ago

Absolutely hit the ceiling on this one, but it’s how it should be imo. They shouldn’t instantly sell out. You should be able to wait and see gameplay at least before having to commit to an LE. There’s no flipping. Just means Stern have more or less found the right price.
Having said that, there’s no way lesser themes are selling at this LE price and quantity. I wouldn’t be surprised if they drop the LE pricing and quantity next release.</blockquote

I agree with your comment about lesser themes but……
I believe both JJp and Stern made a mistake in the size of their price increase this year. But maybe this is just for Bond, who knows.
I know everyone hates “flippers” and I am not a flipper but “flippers” are all a part of a little ecosystem in this hobby.
If there are flippers, then it shows there is demand for the product or at least implies the perception of demand and also helps create the frenzy to get a new game before they’re all gone. This is the perfect scenario for a company like Stern.
When JJp and Stern mess with this ecosystem, by raising the prices too high and too fast, the demand for said product declines which eventually kills confidence and excitement in their business.
For example, look at Halloween and Ultraman. Spooky as a company could possibly be in trouble if they pump out another overpriced, poorly designed game. You think they’ll be completely sold out on their next title before they’re built? Maybe….or maybe not.
Would you jump on another LE by Stern if your Bond LE played terrible and you couldn’t sell it for say…….8k??? Maybe….or maybe not.

JJP and Stern are taking a calculated risk and they forget how fortunate they are to have zero speculation from their customers when they announce a new product up for sale. Another words, they’re all sold out before they’ve been built. Raising prices too high, too fast is very risky.

So as much as I hate flippers, imho if flippers exist, that tells me that hobby is a healthy one.
Again, just an opinion.

#5888 1 year ago

Game is a cash grab at $14,500. I’m out on all NIB games until the prices come down. If you just wait a while a used Bond Le next year will be 10k! My prediction. It’s going to be a rough few years. Hold on!

#5889 1 year ago

If Stern learned nothing else, they at least found the pricing ceiling or the value of an expedient reveal. Hopefully both.

#5890 1 year ago

I was going to do a Collector Coin Bond Shooter with a chromed shooter knob recessed for the collector coin to drop into.

The Perth Mint in Aus is doing all the Sean movie coins and would of been a nice way to show off a collector pure silver coin.

https://www.perthmint.com/shop/collector-coins/?archived=false&p_metal=Silver&p_theme=1073746573_1073746578&p_weights=1/2%20oz&page=1&pageSize=12&query=&sortValue=4

If anyone wants any coins just yell out and I can purchase and send for a small fee per coin as only Australians can buy the coins or they are available at the Bond Store for double the price.

E34AE6E3-A151-4529-A462-D76D632BBC89_1_105_c (resized).jpegE34AE6E3-A151-4529-A462-D76D632BBC89_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#5891 1 year ago

60th anniversary. hiding in plain sight

Screen Shot 2022-10-17 at 7.57.34 pm.pngScreen Shot 2022-10-17 at 7.57.34 pm.png
#5892 1 year ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Never say "don't" again.[quoted image]

Thanks for stopping my misinformation campaign.

#5893 1 year ago

Watched Golden Gun and Spy Who Loved me. Both Decent. Golden Gun was fun. I'm quickly learning that I like silly bond more than serious bond. Seems like the movies that get hated on more by critics are the ones I tend to enjoy more.

#5894 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Watched Golden Gun and Spy Who Loved me. Both Decent. Golden Gun was fun. I'm quickly learning that I like silly bond more than serious bond. Seems like the movies that get hated on more by critics are the ones I tend to enjoy more.

If you liked the slide whistle sound effect during the bridge barrel jump and the continuing buffoonish antics of sheriff Pepper…you are gonna LOVE double take pigeon coming up during Moonraker!

#5895 1 year ago
Quoted from calprog:

Game is a cash grab at $14,500. I’m out on all NIB games until the prices come down. If you just wait a while a used Bond Le next year will be 10k! My prediction. It’s going to be a rough few years. Hold on!

Good luck with that.

#5896 1 year ago

Any updates on production? See people getting asked to pay for their LEs, but are the first batch of pros done or being produced?

#5897 1 year ago

I know it feels great to have an LE, but only if it doesn’t cost an arm or leg. As this one (and all that follow) do, why not settle for premium? Same mechanics, it’s not limited and less than $10k delivered.

As to the Bond hype being flat in this thread …. that will improve with Tue’s twitch stream. And again once Stern starts shipping games thru end of year.

As for execution of the most brilliant marketing move ever in their history, and going without notice among marketing podcasters. Stern built their Bond pin and tied it to the Bond 60 year worldwide celebration. We learned of their plans to place a Bond pinball machine at the BPI film reveal. But timing of the release was critical and they hit their mark by having 2 pins ready for the kickoff. Bond Celebration was set ablaze with all Bond films on Amazon Prime. Having rewatched every Bond film twice, I am totally loving Bond again and can be spotted ordering martinis around town. Bond movies to every house around the world for 30 days free, and Stern releasing their Bond pins at the same time is a better campaign and pinball marketing concept than giving away free Dr Pepper to a million GNR fans.

I’m so hyped about Bond again, I’ve ordered a pro. Can’t wait to flip on it 2022. One could buy 2 JB7 pro’s for price of 1 LE at market price. Also possible to trade 2 JB7 LE’s for 1 JB60 edition.

#5898 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Any updates on production? See people getting asked to pay for their LEs, but are the first batch of pros done or being produced?

Normal for them to have Pro models on the line during the first live stream, which is tomorrow 10/18.

#5899 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Normal for them to have Pro models on the line during the first live stream, which is tomorrow 10/18.

Nothing is normal about this game launch so I wouldn't count on it.

#5900 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The Bond games are not being made until November (Pro and LE) and December (Premium and 60th anniversary).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 300.00
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
12,000 (Firm)
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 151.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club/page/118 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.