B0646D82-852B-4304-A4CD-23B4A22BDDCF (resized).jpeg
D42D0E5A-DC87-4B80-9D62-E59D378CACBA (resized).jpeg
FB2C5C38-17F0-45D4-BCED-57EF94539DCE (resized).jpeg
E873B6CA-F0F2-4C5E-8589-E5B0B96E2CAF (resized).jpeg
ABFA1B74-F8DD-4DAE-B74F-110B222F23D0 (resized).jpeg
A8461CA8-3529-4922-9A2F-EEB6517CA7A5 (resized).jpeg
20221216_225500 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 151.
#5701 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Shiiiiit, maaaaan. That honky muf' be messin' mah old lady... got to be runnin' cold upside down his head, you know? Hey home', I can dig it. Know ain't gonna lay no mo' big rap up on you, man! I say hey, sky... subba say I wan' see... Uh-huh....pray to J I did the same-ol', same-ol'! Hey... knock a self a pro, Slick! That gray matter backlot perform us DOWN, I take TCB-in', man! Hey, you know what they say: see a broad to get dat booty yak 'em......leg 'er down a smack 'em yak 'em! COL' got to be! Y'know? Shiiiiit.

Ebonics?

#5702 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

Well I tried to have a discussion on Gameroom Guys. I have not purchased from them before so I was curious on them? I purchased a 007 prem from them 3 weeks ago and I was wondering about the lead time?

Don’t trust it. I have ordered two games from them. API pushed back delivery a ton. CGC is it’s own thing with long lead times. Unless it says “in stock” or “availability 3-5 days” it’s anybody’s guess. Heidi from Game Room Guys is great though! Tell her Jon from Dewitt says Hi.

#5703 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Don’t trust it. I have ordered two games from them. API pushed back delivery a ton. CGC is it’s own thing with long lead times. Unless it says “in stock” or “availability 3-5 days” it’s anybody’s guess. Heidi from Game Room Guys is great though! Tell her Jon from Dewitt says Hi.

Ok good info! Thank you!

#5704 1 year ago

The world needs more Pussy in it!

114C469A-5335-4C4D-8A93-E39EF841B164 (resized).jpeg114C469A-5335-4C4D-8A93-E39EF841B164 (resized).jpeg464CD003-A5A3-4CD7-99EA-B484818573B0 (resized).jpeg464CD003-A5A3-4CD7-99EA-B484818573B0 (resized).jpeg00431517-3E10-46E8-886B-39496BA758FB (resized).jpeg00431517-3E10-46E8-886B-39496BA758FB (resized).jpeg
#5705 1 year ago

I have been ordering from game room guys for about 8 years. They are a top notch company. You have nothing to worry about. I have a 007 LE on order from them....

#5706 1 year ago
Quoted from dzmechanical:

I have been ordering from game room guys for about 8 years. They are a top notch company. You have nothing to worry about. I have a 007 LE on order from them....

Awesome good to know. Thank you for the input, I was getting a little nervous. But with the positive feedback I have been getting it makes me more comfortable.

#5707 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

The world needs more Pussy in it!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

D732E8B6-E60D-4D2A-B923-5AE2CE021FA4 (resized).jpegD732E8B6-E60D-4D2A-B923-5AE2CE021FA4 (resized).jpeg
#5708 1 year ago

OK, I vote we drop the current tangent and move on to "Bond Girls Then and Now".

I thought it then and I still think it now...Kim Basinger for the win.

#5709 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

OK, I vote we drop the current tangent and move on to "Bond Girls Then and Now".

Oh man, he said “girls” not women... lol J/K

#5710 1 year ago

Oh man…100 plus new posts since early this morning… rush to excitedly dive into the thread…

New pics? No
New video footage? Nada
Info on code? Nope

More Pinside being Pinside… yup.

These next six days are gonna be slllooooowwwwwww….

#5711 1 year ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Oh man…100 plus new posts since early this morning… rush to excitedly dive into the thread…
New pics? No
New video footage? Nada
Info on code? Nope
More Pinside being Pinside… yup.
These next six days are gonna be slllooooowwwwwww….

Here's a pic:

Screenshot_20221012-193545 (resized).pngScreenshot_20221012-193545 (resized).png
#5712 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Here's a pic:[quoted image]

Love Herv'e. He was an errr....interesting guy.

#5713 1 year ago

What would you do if you were the Bond producers after No Time to Die? Spoiler alert....don't read if you haven't seen it.

What's most likely:

They just move on and ignore the Daniel Craig plot and death. Bond is back and doing his normal thing. Could be strange if they keep all the rest of the supporting cast.

What they might do:

They could say James Bond is an alias to protect the real identity of 007, have a new actor, and carry on as usual.

What I would do:

Bond has always been in present day, but I would set things as Bond as a naval intelligence officer in WWII. Do a hard reset of sorts. Have the beginning be a war story and lead into his entering the secret service and the beginnings of the cold war. Set it back in the time of the original books. This arc could run 4-5 movies, and that would give the space/time to return to present day.

#5714 1 year ago

I like “Pussy Galore”.

#5715 1 year ago
Quoted from TomN:

I can’t believe how many people are only just now watching these movies for the first time. Pretty cool, yet weird that’s it’s because of a pinball machine mainly. Lol

I grew up with Moore, born in 72, the only Connery I had seen was the rogue, Never say Never Again...So for me the classics are brand new. Watched Dr. No for the first time yesterday. Looking back at '62, I can see how it set the stage for future movies in the franchise.

One thing i noticed was how technical the actors, Connery, had to be in his movements. I wonder how many scene retakes they had to do back then...The scenes played out with minimal cuts , it had to be a little maddening to hit all the marks while continuing to act.

Good flick though for its time.

I also never watched the Walking Dead before getting the pin....now I'm addicted to the series and waiting for all the final season 11 shows to drop...

#5716 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Thanks for reminding me of my own mortality.

#5717 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Thanks for reminding me of my own mortality.

I make a point to never look at anything with the words "Then and Now." Typically I much, much prefer "Then." The "Now"... not so much.

#5718 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I don't think Basinger was in a real Bond movie was she?

Tough to pick only one, but I'll go with Diana Rigg, hers was the most human of the bunch. Although Jane Seymour was a treat and probably aged the best.

#5719 1 year ago

It's tough to pick just one Bond girl. Barbara Bach, Denise Richards, and Jill st. John cone to mind.

I know most people tend to pick Ursula Andress, however.

#5720 1 year ago
Quoted from Methos:I don't think Basinger was in a real Bond movie was she?
Tough to pick only one, but I'll go with Diana Rigg, hers was the most human of the bunch. Although Jane Seymour was a treat and probably aged the best.

Domino Petachi in Never Say Never Again

#5721 1 year ago

Mini topper

CF19D638-75E0-4D54-AC03-0A4ECC9DEF95 (resized).jpegCF19D638-75E0-4D54-AC03-0A4ECC9DEF95 (resized).jpeg
#5722 1 year ago
23ED464A-E7F1-4DA5-AFA3-E7DA61331BF4 (resized).jpeg23ED464A-E7F1-4DA5-AFA3-E7DA61331BF4 (resized).jpeg
#5723 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:It's tough to pick just one Bond girl. Barbara Bach, Denise Richards, and Jill st. John cone to mind.
I know most people tend to pick Ursula Andress, however.

Its no longer Bond Girl if you awake.

Its "Bond person with uteras". Get with the times sheesh!

#5724 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Mini topper
[quoted image]

Love my goldeneye won’t ever sell it, currently working on a topper for it prior to completing a NOS restore on it.

#5725 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

[quoted image]

That was yeeeeeeears agoooo!

#5726 1 year ago
Quoted from usandthem:

If you were alive back then, you would have most likely been sexist too.

Oh absolutely. The attitude that most everyone has that they’re always the hero and never the villian is exactly how bad habits like sexism and racism continue to exist. I laugh when people say “If I was born in 1850, I wouldn’t have been racist”. Yeah, most likely you would have been, because you would have simply inherited the worldviews you were born into.

The reality is that even if you were born in 1980 as a male in North America, like I was, you will have inherited a sexist way of thinking from one or all of the following: parents, relatives, friends, relationships, coworkers, classsmates, politics, religion, pop culture, etc. we mostly don’t question the way we were herded through society as children, but as soon as you take off the rose-tinted glasses of nostalgia and re-examine it as an adult, the problems become immediately obvious.

Denying this doesn’t make it go away, but nor does crying and whining about it. Admitting our own faults, holding ourselves appropriately accountable, understanding where our influences came from, and practicing forgiveness before we jump at other people is how we more forward.

At the heart of issues like ageism, sexism, homophobia, and racism is essentially preferentialism: we prefer things we understand. We prefer to work with people who look and act like us. It’s kinda this self-affirming bias we’re all guilty of to some degree.

I honestly find all of the social unrest of the last decade truly fascinating, because for the first time, we’re all connected as people, so we’re learning A LOT about each other, and very rapidly. Of course it’s going to be explosive. Any time the world changes, our preferentialism gets shaken up, and the world has been going through more rapid change in the last few years than at any other point in history.

Blah blah blah, I could go on for hours on this.

So how does all this relate to Bond?

Well, James Bond is simply a product of his time, and his time was simply more sexist and racist than it is today. So what was going on in 1962 when Dr. No was made and the blueprint for 007 was being drawn?

The civil rights act was 1964, so racism was clearly a big issue, and the fair credit act wasn’t until 1974, so many women couldn’t even open a bank account independently.

Like any laws that aim to lessen discrimination, it’s simply law. It doesn’t change how people think overnight.

Dr. No and James Bond are simply products of their time.

Like others here have said, I still love these movies and have a machine on preorder from game room guys (great experience with them btw on getting a first wave premium Godzilla last year).

We can both love a franchise like James Bond while also acknowledging dated and problematic attitudes towards gender, sexual orientation, ethnicities, etc.

#5727 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Its no longer Bond Girl if you awake.
Its "Bond person with uteras". Get with the times sheesh!

How bout Bond girl with a pussy galore?

#5728 1 year ago
11yb6d (resized).jpg11yb6d (resized).jpg
#5729 1 year ago

Our shower drain had a clog in it last night. My wife was grossed out by it and didn’t want to touch it. She said something to the effect of “this is why I have a man in my life”. Is she sexist? Lol. Then I fixed it, smacked her ass, and said “you’re welcome”. BTW, she’s the breadwinner in our family and I’m a stay at home dad. Figure that one out.

#5730 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Oh absolutely. The attitude that most everyone has that they’re always the hero and never the villian is exactly how bad habits like sexism and racism continue to exist. I laugh when people say “If I was born in 1850, I wouldn’t have been racist”. Yeah, most likely you would have been, because you would have simply inherited the worldviews you were born into.
The reality is that even if you were born in 1980 as a male in North America, like I was, you will have inherited a sexist way of thinking from one or all of the following: parents, relatives, friends, relationships, coworkers, classsmates, politics, religion, pop culture, etc. we mostly don’t question the way we were herded through society as children, but as soon as you take off the rose-tinted glasses of nostalgia and re-examine it as an adult, the problems become immediately obvious.
Denying this doesn’t make it go away, but nor does crying and whining about it. Admitting our own faults, holding ourselves appropriately accountable, understanding where our influences came from, and practicing forgiveness before we jump at other people is how we more forward.
At the heart of issues like ageism, sexism, homophobia, and racism is essentially preferentialism: we prefer things we understand. We prefer to work with people who look and act like us. It’s kinda this self-affirming bias we’re all guilty of to some degree.
I honestly find all of the social unrest of the last decade truly fascinating, because for the first time, we’re all connected as people, so we’re learning A LOT about each other, and very rapidly. Of course it’s going to be explosive. Any time the world changes, our preferentialism gets shaken up, and the world has been going through more rapid change in the last few years than at any other point in history.
Blah blah blah, I could go on for hours on this.
So how does all this relate to Bond?
Well, James Bond is simply a product of his time, and his time was simply more sexist and racist than it is today. So what was going on in 1962 when Dr. No was made and the blueprint for 007 was being drawn?
The civil rights act was 1964, so racism was clearly a big issue, and the fair credit act wasn’t until 1974, so many women couldn’t even open a bank account independently.
Like any laws that aim to lessen discrimination, it’s simply law. It doesn’t change how people think overnight.
Dr. No and James Bond are simply products of their time.
Like others here have said, I still love these movies and have a machine on preorder from game room guys (great experience with them btw on getting a first wave premium Godzilla last year).
We can both love a franchise like James Bond while also acknowledging dated and problematic attitudes towards gender, sexual orientation, ethnicities, etc.

You did go on for hours.You buying this machine even though you know its wrong is this not hypocritical.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5731 1 year ago

I made it to the Roger Moore era last night and watched Live and Let Die. It was OK. Diamonds are forever was better/more fun though. I know I saw most of the Moore Bonds when I was a kid but I didn't remember any of this one (other than the theme song of course). The Blaxploitation angle was interesting I guess. I do enjoy how the Bond movies kind of take on whatever is in pop culture at the time. I like the boat jump stunts too but the boat scenes just went on for way too long.

#5732 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I made it to the Roger Moore era last night and watched Live and Let Die. It was OK. Diamonds are forever was better/more fun though. I know I saw most of the Moore Bonds when I was a kid but I didn't remember any of this one (other than the theme song of course). The Blaxploitation angle was interesting I guess. I do enjoy how the Bond movies kind of take on whatever is in pop culture at the time. I like the boat jump stunts too but the boat scenes just went on for way too long.

Spoiler alert: If you like the antics of Sherriff Pepper...you are gonna LOVE the next movie

Live and Let Die has its moments. I love all the New Orleans stuff.

#5733 1 year ago

Yep...thread still fucked.

giphy (9).gifgiphy (9).gif
#5734 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

You did go on for hours.You buying this machine even though you know its wrong is this not hypocritical.[quoted image]

Alex, I’ll take “I didn’t read your last paragraph” for $400.

Don’t sweat it, it was a long post.

The reality of life is that literally everything we buy has some problematic tie. Most of it far worse than some silly dated bond films. Drive a car and use gas? Well, you’re contributing to all kinds of heinous stuff. Use money and banks? Well….

and so on.

You gotta pick your battles, be part of change you beleive in sometimes and be comfortable being a hypocrite sometimes, because face it, we all are. I’m cool being a little bit hypocritical buying a James Bond pin, not so much about the problematic content, but far more so about the extravagant amount of money spent, that could be invested in something like charity work or donated or whatever. Oh well, I make my peace in other ways

As Oscar Wilde said “Everything in moderation… Including moderation.”

#5735 1 year ago

Best stunt ever .... goes in alley on the 2 right wheels and comes out on the 2 left !

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg
#5736 1 year ago

Wasn’t there a transgender in a bond movie? I though he was in playboy looking good, he/she also did a vodka ad.

Will he be showing cleavage on this pin?

#5737 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Spoiler alert: If you like the antics of Sherriff Pepper...you are gonna LOVE the next movie
Live and Let Die has its moments. I love all the New Orleans stuff.

JFC... I hated that guy lol. N'orleans was interesting and 70's Harlem was neat too. Bond trying to play it cool while being a complete fish out of water was a nice touch. Man, I haven't watched this many movies in such a short period of time since I was a teenager.

Quoted from transprtr4u:

Best stunt ever .... goes in alley on the 2 right wheels and comes out on the 2 left !
[quoted image]

Lol exactly the kind of thing I loved about Diamonds are Forever. It was just full of dumb stuff that made it fun. I liked when he was on the moon buggy and you can clearly see the axles are bent as fuck, and then a car rolls over and the freakin tire from the buggy must have broke off because its rolling right across the middle of the screen and the very next scene the moon buggy is still just driving around like its in great shape. WE CAN'T ROLL THE CAR OVER AGAIN JUST PUT IT IN THE MOVIE THEY'LL NEVER NOTICE

#5738 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Wasn’t there a tranny in a bond movie? I though he was in playboy looking good, he/she also did a vodka ad.
Will he be showing cleavage on this pin?

Caroline Cossey is transgender and she was an extra in For Your Eyes Only. Besides that, she was a model and advocate for changing transgender laws in Europe.

She won't be in the game because she was in a Roger Moore movie, not Connery. But maybe in the 60th anniversary edition? (Probably not - too minor of a character)

#5739 1 year ago

Lets all meet back here when Chicago Gaming comes out with Pulp Fiction. The movie uses extremally offensive racial language and they stereotyped Black Americans. And that's just for starters.

FYI: Pulp Fiction won the Academy Award for Writing (Original Screenplay)

#5740 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Lets all meet back here when Chicago Gaming comes out with Pulp Fiction. The movie uses extremally offensive racial language and they stereotyped Black Americans. And that's just for starters.
FYI: Pulp Fiction won the Academy Award for Writing (Original Screenplay)

I heard it's going to be a single level game - Quinten wanted it that way. Not sure if that's true.

Hopefully it has a language adjustment some home players get the full experience!

#5741 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

FYI: Pulp Fiction won the Academy Award for Best Picture, Best Director, Best Original Screenplay,

No, we only get to do that if they reveal Pulp Fiction, but then don't ship games or do any streams of it for a month. THEN we get to analyze the movie!

There's a system. A process, if you will!

#5742 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Jive Turkey Ankles!

Oh crap I just saw this!I just watched every sports commentator on FS1 and ESPN talk about your commanding officer Wenst.And it wasn't good.Now I see why the Colts give him away.Good luck tonight!

#5743 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Oh crap I just saw this!I just watched every sports commentator on FS1 and ESPN talk about your commanding officer Wenst.And it wasn't good.Now I see why the Colts give him away.Good luck tonight!

He has to be the most overrated quarterback in the history of the NFL.

#5744 1 year ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

What would you do if you were the Bond producers after No Time to Die? Spoiler alert....don't read if you haven't seen it.
What's most likely:
They just move on and ignore the Daniel Craig plot and death. Bond is back and doing his normal thing. Could be strange if they keep all the rest of the supporting cast.
What they might do:
They could say James Bond is an alias to protect the real identity of 007, have a new actor, and carry on as usual.
What I would do:
Bond has always been in present day, but I would set things as Bond as a naval intelligence officer in WWII. Do a hard reset of sorts. Have the beginning be a war story and lead into his entering the secret service and the beginnings of the cold war. Set it back in the time of the original books. This arc could run 4-5 movies, and that would give the space/time to return to present day.

I assume the “James Bond” nomenclature will be an alias. I’ve always figured it to be since the bond actors would change anyway. To me Craig ending the way he did, didn’t seem like an ultimatum to change the franchise or it’s direction…it just gave closure to Craig as Bond. I wouldn’t be surprised if they had a wall of photos (like a Hall of Fame) in the next movie showing the previous James Bonds, or showed them selecting the successor and doing a training sequence showing the donning of his new name “James Bond”. That’s just how I picture it playing out, anyway…great thoughts though!

#5745 1 year ago

I know what pin I'm pining for, the discussion thread will be epic.

blazing-saddles-movie-poster (resized).jpgblazing-saddles-movie-poster (resized).jpg
#5746 1 year ago
Quoted from wyopin:

To me Craig ending the way he did, didn’t seem like an ultimatum to change the franchise or it’s direction…it just gave closure to Craig as Bond.

Except *SPOILER* he has a child. Will they go the route of following in dad’s footsteps?

#5747 1 year ago

Look here, Look there

02787141-18DA-43B4-9173-D64C11FE430D (resized).jpeg02787141-18DA-43B4-9173-D64C11FE430D (resized).jpeg
#5748 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Except *SPOILER* he has a child. Will they go the route of following in dad’s footsteps?

Orrrr does that child turn into a villain to get revenge on the organization that she attributes to killing her father?

#5749 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I know what pin I'm pining for, the discussion thread will be epic.
[quoted image]

“You said rape twice…”

#5750 1 year ago
Quoted from wyopin:

Orrrr does that child turn into a villain to get revenge on the organization that she attributes to killing her father?

Sounds very Batman Dark Knight esque. “Miranda is Talia Al Ghul, daughter of Ra's Al Ghul” She became a villain to avenge her father’s death and finish his work.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
HurryUpPinball

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

11,100 (OBO)
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
Lermods

$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 425.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 269.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Methuen, MA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 151.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club/page/115?hl=nashtyfunk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.