B0646D82-852B-4304-A4CD-23B4A22BDDCF (resized).jpeg
D42D0E5A-DC87-4B80-9D62-E59D378CACBA (resized).jpeg
FB2C5C38-17F0-45D4-BCED-57EF94539DCE (resized).jpeg
E873B6CA-F0F2-4C5E-8589-E5B0B96E2CAF (resized).jpeg
ABFA1B74-F8DD-4DAE-B74F-110B222F23D0 (resized).jpeg
A8461CA8-3529-4922-9A2F-EEB6517CA7A5 (resized).jpeg
20221216_225500 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 151.
#5601 1 year ago

I can’t believe how many people are only just now watching these movies for the first time. Pretty cool, yet weird that’s it’s because of a pinball machine mainly. Lol

#5602 1 year ago

Gameroom Guys site has said for the past 3 weeks lead time 45 days for 007 prem and 30 days for a pro.

#5603 1 year ago
Quoted from TomN:

I can’t believe how many people are only just now watching these movies for the first time. Pretty cool, yet weird that’s it’s because of a pinball machine mainly. Lol

I hadn’t really had any interest in rewatching these and I probably haven’t seen them since the 70’s/80’s but with nothing else to do until they start shipping I just watched the first 3 and they are better than I remembered

#5604 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The promise you have to watch out for from Gomez regarding the dire state of Bond code and how quickly it will be resolved is, "code updates every two weeks until we getcha there." If you hear that, run. Shortly after that promise on the original box of lights, Batman'66, they bailed for 140 days with no updates at all.

I wouldn't blame GG for this with Batman 66. Lyman always took forever on code. The best at his craft, but incredibly slow. May he rest in peace.

#5605 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Y'all, the early Bond films are extremely shaky on issues of consent. I love them, and have an LE on order, but they just are!
You can enjoy the films, but let the man have his opinion. It's weird to see so many people getting angry about an opinion that's so obvious and reasonable.
Lots of stuff from these films is cringe today. Dr. No is a fairly racist stereotype. Kidd and Winn are a level of homophobic I don't even want to get into. It was 60 years ago, so I don't hold it against the films - but I think we're all adults and can admit it.

This was apparent in the 80’s. But what do you want to do cancel it?

#5606 1 year ago
Quoted from TomN:

Goldeneye came out when I was in high school and after seeing it I immediately watched them all. I’ve been watching them in order every few years ever since. Of all the crazy ways to discover classic Bond, I never would have guessed pinball.

#5607 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I wouldn't blame GG for this with Batman 66. Lyman always took forever on code. The best at his craft, but incredibly slow. May he rest in peace.

Then George shouldn't have been out front making promises for Lyman. He was busking for sales by making promises he, as a very experienced pinball designer with decades of experience, had a pretty good idea wouldn't work out that fast. And I'm ok with relatively slow, steady code rollout, but Batman'66 was literally barely more than some blinky lights and a few show clips for more than half a YEAR. The WORST code rollout, by far.

#5608 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Y'all, the early Bond films are extremely shaky on issues of consent. I love them, and have an LE on order, but they just are!
You can enjoy the films, but let the man have his opinion. It's weird to see so many people getting angry about an opinion that's so obvious and reasonable.
Lots of stuff from these films is cringe today. Dr. No is a fairly racist stereotype. Kidd and Winn are a level of homophobic I don't even want to get into. It was 60 years ago, so I don't hold it against the films - but I think we're all adults and can admit it.

Once people get over their insecurities, the Bond movies are quite witty and certainly good for a laugh. They were fantastic when they were made and are still good to watch today. That is what makes them classics.

What amuses me is that people complain about the consent issues in Bond movies, but the same people are ok with all the killing and murder scenes in lots of new movies as they are all polite and treat people with respect just before killing them. I find this bizarre. It is like we are detuning people to murder. Anyway, back to pinball.

Bring on some 007 gameplay!

#5609 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Once people get over their insecurities, the Bond movies are quite witty and certainly good for a laugh. They were fantastic when they were made and are still good to watch today. That is what makes them classics.
What amuses me is that people complain about the consent issues in Bond movies, but the same people are ok with all the killing and murder scenes in lots of new movies as they are all polite and treat people with respect just before killing them. I find this bizarre. It is like we are detuning people to murder. Anyway, back to pinball.
Bring on some 007 gameplay!

"Getting over insecurities." Dude, we're talking about a scene that most people agree seems like a rape - including a director of a Bond movie.

I like these films. I like them so much that I'm ordering an LE. If you're willing to plunk that much money down, you clearly like the films.

But, it's also true when you're in a very male-dominated space like pinball - it's super creepy to hear even noting something was not consensual sex is when you should "get over your insecurities." It's super cringe. And frankly, troubling. And it's the kind of behavior that pushes many women away from this amazing hobby.

#5610 1 year ago

All the bonds are on Amazon. Last night was Dr.No and tonight will be from Russia with love. It's been at least 15 years since I watched Dr. No and it's still great.

#5611 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Great points here. Society evolves...let us not punish for yesterday based on the rules of today.

And I've just started to to back and watch these films and yes its due to the pin....... I hadn't seen any before Pierce.

#5613 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

All the bonds are on Amazon. Last night was Dr.No and tonight will be from Russia with love. It's been at least 15 years since I watched Dr. No and it's still great.

I think limited time for 60th anniversary. Usually a rental.

Definitely get them in!

#5614 1 year ago

People are tired of the virtue signaling. This is a pinball forum.

#5615 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

"Getting over insecurities." Dude, we're talking about a scene that most people agree seems like a rape - including a director of a Bond movie.
I like these films. I like them so much that I'm ordering an LE. If you're willing to plunk that much money down, you clearly like the films.
But, it's also true when you're in a very male-dominated space like pinball - it's super creepy to hear even noting something was not consensual sex is when you should "get over your insecurities." It's super cringe. And frankly, troubling. And it's the kind of behavior that pushes many women away from this amazing hobby.

You could let the comments push you away from the hobby but that would be letting the actions of a few control you. I just watched some of the scenes and they are shocking but in the end it's just a movie and people in a hype club thread don't want to be reminded of the few flaws that the movies had.

#5616 1 year ago

Also super cringe?…the phrase “super cringe”.

#5617 1 year ago
Quoted from TomN:

I saw a lot of them on TV when I was a kid, but I remember very little about them.

Speaking of, I watched Diamonds are Forever last night... Wow what a cheesy, nonsensical, absurd, movie full of bad acting and dumb scenes......I loved it! It was easily one of the most fun times I've had watching a Bond movie so far. It might be my favorite one so far. Nah...its probably still Goldfinger but its close. Diamonds are Forever is great!

#5619 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

People are tired of the virtue signaling. This is a pinball forum.

Blame Stern. If we had machines delivered and more video we could talk pinball more!

#5620 1 year ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

Also super cringe?…the phrase “super cringe”.

Next up is "super duper cringe".

#5621 1 year ago

Is there any good gameplay video?

#5622 1 year ago

Have to wait until 10/18 for the Jack Danger stream. I assume the whole gang will be on it to introduce the game.

Quoted from Av8:

#5623 1 year ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Man, you Jersey Boys look happy. Can’t tell if it’s pinball, the matching outfits or the Jamison’s behind you! Likely a blend of all three

I know this is a thread about movies but I had to give credit where it is due... you're right, it's all 3. The Jameson tops the other 2 but it wouldn't last if it wasn't for the great family bond and this damn hobby! Hope everyone get to enjoy some or all of this too. Cheers!

#5624 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Likely because they live in Cranford and didn't get underwater from the last hurricane going by.

I guess we'd have to agree: Ironically, my brother-in-law lives off a canal in Brick (which was decimated by Sandy) and my daughter lives in Naples FL which just had Ian "visit". This sh*t is insane. Stay "dry" - in the right circumstances that is.

#5625 1 year ago

I’m sure the bands Iron Maiden, Metallica, Aerosmith have committed some super duper cringe behaviors in their past. Let’s go into those threads and point them out. Just to let everyone know, hey I like this machine, but let’s go through it with a microscope and see if anyone has made a mistake. Heck let’s not stop there let’s go through everyone who has played in the bands or any actor in the movie themed machines have committed a crime or behaved poorly and point it out….
Ugh like a stated previously. We all saw this in the 80’s Yeah probably not the best choice. But I don’t need to announce it..: it’s apparent!!

#5626 1 year ago

I don't think anyone is seriously complaining? They're just acknowledging it exists.

But that is apparently offensive to the people who are offended at the notion of someone else possibly being offended

community-offense-taken.gifcommunity-offense-taken.gif

#5627 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I don't think anyone is seriously complaining? They're just acknowledging it exists.
But that is apparently offensive to the people who are offended at the notion of someone else possibly being offended
[quoted image]

Let's not forget, the other side of this is true too. The Bond films were very progressive in their day in many ways.

You had the sexual politics. We gloss over this today, but having women able to wear bikinis and sex openly represented was fairly shocking at the time. I'm of the opinion you cannot have women's liberation without sexual liberation - so this is something I appreciate.

You had women represented as professionals in a male dominated workplace. Again, we gloss over it today but it was very unusual at the time where women were generally relegated to being secretaries and housewives. You also had Pussy Galore and Rosa Klebb who are clearly queer coded in major films. I'm not saying it was perfect representation, but it was a bold choice for the time and opened the door to better things.

I think you can't have it both ways, personally. If we're celebrating 60 years of Bond, and we should, you can note the good and the bad.

The reason I love watching all the Bond films in order is you get to see 60 years of world history in front of you. The geopolitics. The technology. The ways they treat women. Not all of it is good, but all of it is interesting.

#5628 1 year ago
Quoted from Av8:

Nope. Now back to our regular scheduled program. This is Gary's fault!

#5629 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Let's not forget, the other side of this is true too. The Bond films were very progressive in their day in many ways.
You had the sexual politics. We gloss over this today, but having women able to wear bikinis and sex openly represented was fairly shocking at the time. I'm of the opinion you cannot have women's liberation without sexual liberation - so this is something I appreciate.
You had women represented as professionals in a male dominated workplace. Again, we gloss over it today but it was very unusual at the time where women were generally relegated to being secretaries and housewives. You also had Pussy Galore and Rosa Klebb who are clearly queer coded in major films. I'm not saying it was perfect representation, but it was a bold choice for the time and opened the door to better things.
I think you can't have it both ways, personally. If we're celebrating 60 years of Bond, and we should, you can note the good and the bad.
The reason I love watching all the Bond films in order is you get to see 60 years of world history in front of you. The geopolitics. The technology. The ways they treat women. Not all of it is good, but all of it is interesting.

Klebb I agree. I'm interested in your thoughts on Pussy Galore (I can sorta see it?), but I know how well that would conversation would be received here...

Hell, people are complaining about people posting their thoughts after seeing these movies for the first-time/first-time--in-a-long-time. It's not like we have anything else to talk about for another week...

#5630 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

This was apparent in the 80’s. But what do you want to do cancel it?

I'm sorry, but you're dumb dude. Brianna very clearly stated that she loved the old Bond films, so obviously she doesn't want to "cancel" them. It's like you guys are making up things to be mad at, in order to confirm your worldview.

While waiting for Stern Bond to ship, a lot of us are watching or re-watching the old movies, and giving our takes. The issue of consent is certainly a problematic element in most the Connery Bond movies, and it's okay for people to point that out. I definitely felt uncomfortable watching some of the scenes with my 10-year-old daughter in the room. What saves them, to a certain extent, is that after each of the "problematic" scenes, the women always seem very enamored of James, and quite "into" him. So I think that reduces the cringe-factor quite a bit.

But other than a few brief scenes, the Connery Bond movies still hold up pretty damn well, and are a lot of fun.

Quoted from BriannaWu:

Well said.

I agree with your comment on the history element to watching these movies too. One thing that I really enjoyed while watching "From Russia With Love" was all the location scenes of 1960s Istanbul. It was great to see the what the people and streets of the city looked like back then, and getting to see it all in the full-HD of the recent releases is a nice treat. Makes them feel more "real" than if all we had was blurry SD copies of the films.

Definitely, a time capsule element to the movies, for sure.

#5631 1 year ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I'm sorry, but you're dumb dude. Brianna very clearly stated that she loved the old Bond films, so obviously she doesn't want to "cancel" them. It's like you guys are making up things to be mad at, in order to confirm your worldview.
While waiting for Stern Bond to ship, a lot of us are watching or re-watching the old movies, and giving our takes. The issue of consent is certainly a problematic element in most the Connery Bond movies, and it's okay for people to point that out. I definitely felt uncomfortable watching some of the scenes with my 10-year-old daughter in the room. What saves them, to a certain extent, is that after each of the "problematic" scenes, the women always seem very enamored of James, and quite "into" him. So I think that reduces the cringe-factor quite a bit.
But other than a few brief scenes, the Connery Bond movies still hold up pretty damn well, and are a lot of fun.

Well said.
I agree with your comment on the history element to watching these movies too. One thing that I really enjoyed while watching "From Russia With Love" was all the location scenes of 1960s Istanbul. It was great to see the what the people and streets of the city looked like back then, and getting to see it all in the full-HD of the recent releases is a nice treat. Makes them feel more "real" than if all we had was blurry SD copies of the films.
Definitely, a time capsule element to the movies, for sure.

Nice personal attack surely shows your maturity and intelligence level

#5632 1 year ago

Graphic depictions of:

*Deviant sex and old social norms = intolerable

*Violence and murder = totally fine

?

#5633 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Klebb I agree. I'm interested in your thoughts on Pussy Galore (I can sorta see it?), but I know how well that would conversation would be received here...
Hell, people are complaining about people posting their thoughts after seeing these movies for the first-time/first-time--in-a-long-time. It's not like we have anything else to talk about for another week...

Oh boy, it's a whole discussion. But, basically she's explicitly a "violet-eyed lesbian" in the Ian Fleming novel and Bond "cures" her. They hint to it in Goldfinger with "You can forget the charm, I'm immune" but they wouldn't go any further.

Like I said, certainly not a choice we would make today - but progressive for the time. And it opened the door for better things.

#5634 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Oh boy, it's a whole discussion. But, basically she's explicitly a "violet-eyed lesbian" in the Ian Fleming novel and Bond "cures" her. They hint to it in Goldfinger with "You can forget the charm, I'm immune" but they wouldn't go any further.
Like I said, certainly not a choice we would make today - but progressive for the time. And it opened the door for better things.

Yeah reading the wiki on her, it's intentional in the novel but very subtle in the movie. Which adds a lot more complexity to the sexual dynamics of Bond forcing himself onto a presumably gay woman, and then her relenting, and being "into it" afterwords. That older mentality that a lesbian just needs one good encounter with a man... A lot to unpack there.

#5636 1 year ago

I remember when folks hopped on pinside to talk about pinball.

#5637 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Then the SJWs found a new pool to pee in.

#5638 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Graphic depictions of:
*Deviant sex and old social norms = intolerable
*Violence and murder = totally fine
?

I'm trying to find a video of it, but in The Onion Movie there is a memorable sketch of couples getting together for a game night. Someone assumes it will be a murder-mystery party, but then the host reveals it's a rape-investigation-mystery game. One person gets very uncomfortable while everyone else gets excited to play. Someone confused at their apprehension says something tongue in cheek along the lines of "well you have no issue playing the pretend murder game, so what's wrong with pretending a lesser crime where no one dies?"

#5639 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

So does Pepperidge Farm... LOL

#5640 1 year ago

See what happens when you try and share an opinion,agree to disagree if thats your choice no need get personal .This is trivial.Look back on most movies Elvis movies for instance.It was a different time and it shows.Coming soon James Bond.

#5641 1 year ago

I’m sure the bands Iron Maiden, Metallica, Aerosmith have committed some super duper cringe behaviors in their past. Let’s go into those threads and point them out. Just to let everyone know, hey I like this machine, but let’s go through it with a microscope and see if anyone has made a mistake. Heck let’s not stop there let’s go through everyone who has played in the bands or any actor in the movie themed machines have committed a crime or behaved poorly and point it out….
Ugh like a stated previously. We all saw this in the 80’s Yeah probably not the best choice. But I don’t need to announce it..: it’s apparent!!

In TBL, Maud tries to get pregnant from the Dude without his consent. That’s super cringe.

#5642 1 year ago

I have an Iron Maiden story, but I have no interest in opening that can of worms

#5643 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

See what happens when you try and share an opinion,

Sharing an opinion is different than cancel culture. One challenges another’s belief system while the other wants to rewrite history.

#5644 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

I think you are being too kind. Contemporaries knew it was wrong at the time for the same reason we know it is wrong now, and the people making these films were aware of that criticism, and they did it anyways. Women were in real non-objectified roles doing non-secretary things long before Bond. 20s, 30s old Hollywood is full of leading women that make Bond's treatment of women seem of Neanderthal origins.

#5645 1 year ago

This thread...

giphy (8).gifgiphy (8).gif
#5646 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Sharing an opinion is different than cancel culture. One challenges another’s belief system while the other wants to rewrite history.

But no one is talking about "canceling" anything?

#5647 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

I have an Iron Maiden story, but I have no interest in opening that can of worms

So do I and I love it! This entire thing went off the rails. My point was all through history people have made mistakes.

#5648 1 year ago

Only a matter of time...

1A9420CB-FEBD-4F99-A558-B75A40C87332 (resized).jpeg1A9420CB-FEBD-4F99-A558-B75A40C87332 (resized).jpeg
#5649 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

This thread...
[quoted image]

Boy, you're stepping in it now, implying a fat girl can't ride a bike

#5650 1 year ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 23.95
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Methuen, MA
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 55.00
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 59.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Print2pin

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ChainsawMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 151.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club/page/113?hl=codhollandaise and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.