B0646D82-852B-4304-A4CD-23B4A22BDDCF (resized).jpeg
D42D0E5A-DC87-4B80-9D62-E59D378CACBA (resized).jpeg
FB2C5C38-17F0-45D4-BCED-57EF94539DCE (resized).jpeg
E873B6CA-F0F2-4C5E-8589-E5B0B96E2CAF (resized).jpeg
ABFA1B74-F8DD-4DAE-B74F-110B222F23D0 (resized).jpeg
A8461CA8-3529-4922-9A2F-EEB6517CA7A5 (resized).jpeg
20221216_225500 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 151.
#5251 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Im all cheese muffin over this game. It has a galley wag and got me all tails up for the code. I heard the loops and blips are all way up over the sausage gravey.

Finally, somehow had the guts to say what we were all thinking.

#5252 1 year ago
Quoted from kklank:

I guess that makes 7 Connery/Bond movies.

The last one (Never Say Never Again) was a non-EON production and not considered an "official" James Bond movie. I'm sure the licensing would be completely separate (and hence not in this game), but yes, Connery did technically star in 7 movies as James Bond.

#5253 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I heard Shrek came about because of poor FG sales and the need for a more “kid and family friendly” title, thus utilizing the parts and turning around sales. I don’t think this applies when talking reusing Bond layout for multiple Bond versions, but how does one incorporate a jet pack toy in Goldfinger? Would the Bond on a wand need to change to match the actual theme? Then there is the Missile… kind of hard to reuse the layout without reimagining all the toys, so if reuse of this GG layout were to happen, would it be simply an artwork change, making the Goldfinger movie the central art, adding modes specific to the movie, etc… but keep all the toys and most game play the same? Or is he (GG) alluding to a Goldfinger stand alone layout we have not yet seen? So maybe put out the 60th with a different flatwood layout that can be customized to create differing Bond Mahines, each centered on a specific movie, or Bond, and artwork adjusted as needed. That seems like too many if’s for Stern but first we have to like the premium… and nobody has even come close to flipping a real Bond premium in any state yet except half assed, much less a 1.0, .9, .3 and certainly not even any super secret double alpha versions Lonnie has on his key ring thumb drive.

Honestly, I'd prefer to have an Austin Powers "Thunderballs" reskin that has clips from all his movies to make an original pin-only game story that's a parody of Thunderball. All the toys work, plenty of room for randy callouts and double entendres based on the missile. I would think it would be pretty successful. Certainly moreso than the middling Austin Powers they released before.

#5254 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Honestly, I'd prefer to have an Austin Powers "Thunderballs" reskin that has clips from all his movies to make an original pin-only game story that's a parody of Thunderball. All the toys work, plenty of room for randy callouts and double entendres based on the missile. I would think it would be pretty successful. Certainly moreso than the middling Austin Powers they released before.

You would have to add sharks with frickin’ lasers on their heads in the underwater scene to do it justice…

#5255 1 year ago

Does posting a . And nothing else mean you’re blocked?

#5256 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

#5257 1 year ago

No , just erased post

#5258 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

No , just erased post

Thanks lol I’m trying to keep up.

#5259 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

...but yes, Connery did technically star in 7 movies as James Bond.

Some argue that Connery's character in "The Rock" is actually James Bond.

https://screenrant.com/the-rock-john-mason-james-bond-same-person-theory/

#5260 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

You would have to add sharks with frickin’ lasers on their heads in the underwater scene to do it justice…

Sure could be a lot more fun/funny than the way the frickin' laser beam was implemented in Austin Powers (and reused in TWD Prem).

#5261 1 year ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

When that's all that's there, means they're on their period.

Dunno why it's okay to announce that, but here we are.

#5262 1 year ago

Never say never again world domination best video game ever.

#5263 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Detroit style is just pan pizza
Chicago style is casserole
New York style is floppy slices of grease
California style is a giant cracker
St Louis style is weird processed cheese
They're all different, but good (except St Louis style)

This is going to come out of the blue as a reply five days after the post, but I’m playing catch up on this thread. So anyway, here’s a joke, or maybe it’s not a joke, what is it when it’s just a funny statement? Anyhow here goes:

Pizza is like sex.

Even when it’s bad it’s still pretty good.

(Imagine this only applies to men)

#5264 1 year ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Anyhow here goes:
Pizza is like sex.
Even when it’s bad it’s still pretty good.
(Imagine this only applies to men)

No experience with sex with men, but sex with women is pretty good even when it's bad, too.

(What has this thread become?)

#5265 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No experience with sex with men, but sex with women is pretty good even when it's bad, too.
(What has this thread become?)

I’ve also never had experience with sex with men. I meant that as a man bad sex is still good, but women would probably say otherwise.

#5266 1 year ago

Man, this thread has tanked. Back on the subject, was anyone else surprised that the main mech basically shakes a little, even when it isn’t supposed to? I was thinking circus master in CV, rocket goes up, drop the ball into a subway, ejects from a vuk…. Or spinning disc around the rocket. Also, the left orbit seems tight, like the shot in BM66. I’m sure it will be a great game when coded.

#5267 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

The scoop on the left (and yes it is effectively a scoop) is a lost opportunity unless it does something more than just pop the ball back upfield. I'd like to see a subway over to the Q branch VUK
Aside from that, looks like a great layout.

Bond beta gameplay. Plays like I suspected. I little like Deadpool but with 3 flippers. Nothing ground breaking that I see. The center stand up gets hammered alot.

#5268 1 year ago
Quoted from dts:

Man, this thread has tanked. Back on the subject, was anyone else surprised that the main mech basically shakes a little, even when it isn’t supposed to? I was thinking circus master in CV, rocket goes up, drop the ball into a subway, ejects from a vuk…. Or spinning disc around the rocket. Also, the left orbit seems tight, like the shot in BM66. I’m sure it will be a great game when coded.

Mechs are underwhelming compared to Godzilla.

#5269 1 year ago

Been having a Bond Sunday re watching all my movies.
I know it was the original but Dr No just isn’t one of my favs.

#5270 1 year ago
Quoted from Av8:

Mechs are underwhelming compared to Godzilla.

They’ve been skimping since ghostbusters prem (stern mech pinnacle)

#5271 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

I owned a ghostbusters premium and there was nothing groundbreaking in there. Bond on a wand will at least pick up the ball, slimmer was just a bash toy. The magnislings were just magnets under the playfield that caused more drains than a real sling and the little ghost projector wasn’t too great either. GB was a good loaded premium but not the pinnacle.

#5272 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

I owned a ghostbusters premium and there was nothing groundbreaking in there. Bond on a wand will at least pick up the ball, slimmer was just a bash toy. The magnislings were just magnets under the playfield that caused more drains than a real sling and the little ghost projector wasn’t too great either. GB was a good loaded premium but not the pinnacle.

Subway ramp brahhhhhh. Game was Mech heaven! DI and Houdini only other games that are that meched out. WOZ and jjp Potc too.

#5273 1 year ago

Come on guys, really? Owning some of the games listed as “mech heaven” is more like mech maintenance nightmare for not well implemented non interactive mechs, which the ball never touches.

On the other hand Bond is loaded with kinetic satisfaction ball interactive mechs, that will stand the test of time. Should all be balanced out once JB 1.0 arrives. JB is loaded and superior to most games out there. Appears to be the reason Stern is leading into 2023 with a strong theme, loaded with interactive mechs that give the atmosphere of playing a Bond Q movie set.

#5274 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Come on guys, really? Owning some of the games listed as “mech heaven” is more like mech maintenance nightmare for not well implemented non interactive mechs, which the ball never touches.
On the other hand Bond is loaded with kinetic satisfaction ball interactive mechs, that will stand the test of time. Should all be balanced out once JB 1.0 arrives. JB is loaded and superior to most games out there. Appears to be the reason Stern is leading into 2023 with a strong theme, loaded with interactive mechs that give the atmosphere of playing a Bond Q movie set.

I’ll admit I’m a mech whore but I dig
Bond and agree with the kinetics and flow. It’s looking really good.

#5275 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

I'd say Elvira House of Horrors is Sterns most mech heavy game.

Her 3D sculpted house has 4 entrances for the ball: back door via diverter, side garage behind brop taget, cellar when moving front ramp is up, front door when moving front ramp is down.

Her house also has has a 4 position rotating turret on top of it.

House has user selectable lit windows to select which movie plays next.

The crypt has 3 rotating fronts: crypt door closed, crypt door open, crypt skull to bash.

Crypt VUK shots ball across playfield via user controlled action button.

Trunk has lid that is part of ramp when closed but then lifts open to lock a ball and also a kickout on it to eject ball.

Four interactive Gargoyles that jump up to hit bottom of glass when hit by ball.

Plus the regular mechs on most games: 3 bumpers, spinner, 2 sets of 3 standup banks, action button.

If you get the topper, it's one of the few that physically moves (crypt opens and closes) compared to most which are just lights.

What other modern Stern game has 5 physical ball locks scattered across the playfield?

If like interactive mechanical toys nothing beats EHOH.

#5276 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Godzilla premium is Stern’s mech pinnacle. Perhaps pinball mech pinnacle.

* Collapsing building that locks balls on the roof and also acts as a diverter and bash toy
* collapsing bridge that animates and also acts as a diverter
* Captive ball / magna grab
* rotating spinner jump ramp into a magnetic mecha Godzilla bash toy

In all honesty, I think Godzilla’s mechs are more impressive and more fun than twilight zone. Like, a gumball machine and a clock and some invisible flippers just ain’t nowhere near as cool as collapsing buildings and bridges.

#5277 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

Her 3D sculpted house has 4 entrances for the ball: back door via diverter, side garage behind brop taget, cellar when moving front ramp is up, front door when moving front ramp is down.
The crypt has 3 rotating fronts: crypt door closed, crypt door open, crypt skull to bash.
Trunk has lid that is part of ramp when closed but then lifts open to lock a ball and also a kickout on it to eject ball.
Four interactive Gargoyles that jump up to hit bottom of glass when hit by ball.
Plus the regular mechs on most games: 3 bumpers, spinner, 2 sets of 3 standup banks, action button.
If you get the topper, it's one of the few that physically moves (crypt opens and closes) compared to most which are just lights.
What other modern Stern game has 5 physical ball locks scattered across the playfield?

Agreed. Elvira gets overlooked because if the long, open playfield. It’s absolutely loaded with tucked away mechanisms. The house alone has a staggering amount of functionality.

#5278 1 year ago

I’m wet behind the chops for this game! Diggity diggity! Bond on a wand looks more amazing than corn bread with gravy! The rocket is bigger and stiffer than Mark Wahlberg in Boogie Nights! That thing is jiggly wiggly!

#5279 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Agreed. Elvira gets overlooked because if the long, open playfield. It’s absolutely loaded with tucked away mechanisms. The house alone has a staggering amount of functionality.

I've still never played an Elvira - never see it anywhere on location.

Someday!

#5280 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

I've still never played an Elvira - never see it anywhere on location.
Someday!

You find yourself in my neck of the woods, hit me up!

Extremely glad I snagged one when I did. It’s simply a top-tier machine, in terms of theme, callouts, smooth shots, code, cabinet / playfield art, humor, music, it’s really the whole package.

I own Jurassic Park and Godzilla, and Elvira is easily in the same league. But they both have holes in them, in terms of complete overall package. Like Jurassic Park is amazing, but the music, callouts and video, and art package are all solid, not top tier. Godzilla is amazing, but it can feel overwhelming and cluttered waiting 30 seconds sometimes for all your stacked modes to finish their animations, and the callouts while funny at times, can fall flat. House of Horrors has pitch perfect pacing, an elegant rule set, and it never fails at putting a smile on my face. It’s just that right balance of campy humor and pinball irreverence. The deadheads are simply a riot. Tim Kitzrow deserves a pinball Oscar.

#5281 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

sharks with frickin’ lasers on their heads

If someone made this mod for the Prem/LE underwater window, I'd buy it!

#5282 1 year ago

Deadflip stream Oct 18th

#5283 1 year ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Deadflip stream Oct 18th

Two weeks…

#5284 1 year ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Deadflip stream Oct 18th

“Dead Flip Streaming channel Tuesday, October 18th at 6pm CT”

This reveal has been a game of wait….wait again…..wait some more. Im still excited though I think it looks really fun. My biggest concern (other than code) is the rocket and whether it will be fun to shoot up there or will the ball just die.

#5285 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

“Dead Flip Streaming channel Tuesday, October 18th at 6pm CT”
This reveal has been a game of wait….wait again…..wait some more. Im still excited though I think it looks really fun. My biggest concern (other than code) is the rocket and whether it will be fun to shoot up there or will the ball just die.

Just in time for Expo. I'm assuming the pro and premium will be at the show.

I wonder if the 60th Elwin version will be shown talked about on the stream or possibly be at expo?

#5286 1 year ago

B72E8D82-584E-4029-945E-1147191EAB05 (resized).jpegB72E8D82-584E-4029-945E-1147191EAB05 (resized).jpeg
#5287 1 year ago

So I know it depends...so I can probably not post this lol...

BUT, premium or pro. I was all in on premium and now debating on pro. I like both art packages believe it or not (premium better though). Like Mechs a bit so I'm good with bond on a wand but not sure that's worth it...underwater thing is cool but a mod will come out. Missile with physical lock. Again like it just not sure it's worth it. Just talking out loud here. Far from wealthy but price won't kill me so it's more do I justify the price difference here.

#5288 1 year ago

I think this is a safe title to go pro on and not look back. I'm always gonna buy the LE if I can, or premium on most machines but this is one I feel like for the price difference the pro is a great way to go.

#5289 1 year ago

Honestly, I think some of y'all are trippin about the pro art. The bold yellow is actually very stunning, and it will absolutely pop out in a collection of pins, especially positioned at the end of a lineup.

Look, I'm a HUGE fan of Zombie Yeti. I think he's the best pinball artist of all time. However, I have a soft spot for that old 60s era poster art. It's just a totally different skillset / aesthetic than what Jeremy does. I absolutely LOVE the premium backglass. Such a bombastic, ridiculously loud piece of art, haha. Very bond.

The first time I ever remember this style of art really grabbing my attention was From Russia With Love for the Playstation 2. A cabinet in all red, done this style / theme would have looked spectacular!... but I get with the current political climate, it would have been a tough sell.

f3a62badeba1b98d7dbb96b8be1890dc[1] (resized).jpgf3a62badeba1b98d7dbb96b8be1890dc[1] (resized).jpg

#5290 1 year ago
Quoted from ectobar:

Deadflip stream Oct 18th

perfect for my birthday ! tanx Jack (lol)

#5291 1 year ago

I think the LE looks great. The powder coat and t molding, speaker color all mesh well. Looking forward to stream. Just wondering how early the code will be if this is going to be like bm66 at launch.

#5292 1 year ago

The latest Pinball News podcast is the best discussion I've heard yet about this game, from Martin Ayub who has actually played it. He's the one playing the game in the gameplay videos. He talks about the whole situation in London and describes his time with the game. Martin obviously really knows pinball so I really enjoyed hearing his thoughts on 007. Here's an apple podcast link but I imagine if you search Pinball News on your podcast app you'll find it:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/pinball-news-pinball-magazine-podcast/id1369141531

#5293 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

+1...game is freakin packed with true interactive toys.....definitely one of the best all around pins I've played/ own....

#5294 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I think the LE looks great. The powder coat and t molding, speaker color all mesh well. Looking forward to stream. Just wondering how early the code will be if this is going to be like bm66 at launch.

Oh yeah that looks best out of the 3 gomez versions IMO. Just couldn't find one and not paying 16k plus for it. Standard price I'd probably bite.

#5295 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Honestly, I think some of y'all are trippin about the pro art. The bold yellow is actually very stunning, and it will absolutely pop out in a collection of pins, especially positioned at the end of a lineup.

Yeah I like how it looks, definitely a fan of the yellow.

Quoted from docquest:

Coincidently it was the least reliable game I've ever owned.

#5296 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Look, I'm a HUGE fan of Zombie Yeti. I think he's the best pinball artist of all time. However, I have a soft spot for that old 60s era poster art. It's just a totally different skillset / aesthetic than what Jeremy does. I absolutely LOVE the premium backglass. Such a bombastic, ridiculously loud piece of art, haha. Very bond.
The first time I ever remember this style of art really grabbing my attention was From Russia With Love for the Playstation 2. A cabinet in all red, done this style / theme would have looked spectacular!... but I get with the current political climate, it would have been a tough sell.
[quoted image]

Needs to be an alt translite. I am predicting alt translites for Bond are going to be hot sellers.

#5297 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I love the LE art. And yeah I think it's a safe bet the code will be rough for a while. On the Pinball News podcast Martin said he played the "updated" code for about 3 hours and it felt very very early. We'll see how far along they are by the 18th, this one feels like it'll be cooking for quite a while.

#5298 1 year ago
Quoted from reffob:

I love the LE art. And yeah I think it's a safe bet the code will be rough for a while. On the Pinball News podcast Martin said he played the "updated" code for about 3 hours and it felt very very early. We'll see how far along they are by the 18th, this one feels like it'll be cooking for quite a while.

Yeah don’t think much was coded, it think it was stuck on diamonds are forever mode the entire 25 minutes of that video. I don’t think any other movie insert ever lit.

#5299 1 year ago
Quoted from Av8:

Bond beta gameplay. Plays like I suspected. I little like Deadpool but with 3 flippers. Nothing ground breaking that I see. The center stand up gets hammered alot.

Xylophone sweep sound-effects, like the “Extra Ball” animation in DP!
Lots of them!

#5300 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

+1...game is freakin packed with true interactive toys.....definitely one of the best all around pins I've played/ own....

And there was even MORE in the original design. I still wish 2 of the original unique ramps and the mechanical wheel of fate hadn't been cut.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
€ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 300.00
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
11,100 (OBO)
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 9,699.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
There are 7,543 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 151.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bond-james-bond-stern-007-hype-club/page/106?hl=machinegunguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.